Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. (23818 Views)

How To Look For Another Job Without Your Boss Finding Out ( Step-by-step Method) / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian / List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Mbkite(m): 7:02am On Nov 06, 2015
He just received a text message from his MD with a website to apply for a job in a bigger firm. He thought the message was not for him. When he called the MD to confirm, he was shocked that the MD confirmed the text message and encouraged him to apply for the job.
Dear Nairalanders, has any other person experienced a thing like this and what could be the intention?
MODS, - pls help me move this to FP, I need more suggestions. Thanx

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 06, 2015
Your MD wants you to grow bigger, apply joor.

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by bigtt76(f): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2015
MD might mean well or testing the guy's loyalty to humble beginnings. My response to the MD would be... No sir, I'll stick with you to greater heights. Except of course your company is not making money and MD is good enough not wanting you to suffer.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 06, 2015
That MD is a real partner in progress. Please appreciate and value him cos he thinks of your career advancement. Just apply. Except if he is the owner of the business, he may be on his way up too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by moscobabs(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2015
Mbkite:
He just received a text message from his MD with a website to apply for a job in a bigger firm. He thought the message was not for him. When he called the MD to confirm, he was shocked that the MD confirmed the text message and encouraged him to apply for the job.
Dear Nairalanders, has any other person experienced a thing like this and what could be the intention?
that is rare o. if my MD sees you reading Vacancy parts of daily newspapers na query o.and he won't allow you to browse on the company internet. some will even be trailing your movement via CUG. may God help we employees sa

8 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Baddo101(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2015
Your M.D means well for you meanwhile it culd b a trap..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by mrhipup(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2015
it's a test n a trap

4 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Cpumping(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2015
this one is strong. he is loves u too much or doesn't love u too much

davide047 wt wd u do.
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by sanbells(f): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2015
The MD is running out of cash. Apply for the bigger work. Buh still stick to ur present work place while ur doing dat in case...

4 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by ericessien24: 7:16am On Nov 06, 2015
I smell foul play, but apply only if he too is applying

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by chymystique(f): 7:21am On Nov 06, 2015
For the MD to text him to apply and when he called he also encouraged him, then I think he should take the risk and apply..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2015
Mbkite:

If your relationship with your MD is a cordial one and you've always been loyal to him in all your doings, I believe he's trying to commend you for what you've been doing for him so far. My candid advice is that you should apply for that job.

19 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 06, 2015
Since it is a bigger firm, he Prolly want the best for you, assuming it is a smaller or a firm almost the same as where you are now, that should have meant he's tired of you.............. BTW, the 2nd poster above makes a lot of sense also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Mbkite(m): 7:40am On Nov 06, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

If your relationship with your MD is a cordial one and you've always been loyal to him in all your doings, I believe he's trying to commend you for what you've been doing for him so far. My candid advice is that you should apply for that job.
good. Thanx
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by oshibote1: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2015
Ok
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2015
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 06, 2015
Ewo
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by MilesLamar(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2015
lol
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by ednut1(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2015
hmmm, seems ur surplus to requirements

3 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by kennyman2000(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2015
It might be a test! The boss might want to promote him but needs to test him of his loyalty to his firm first..

In any decision he takes. I wish him all the very best.

Check my signature for ur customised wristbands.
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by itsIYKE(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2015
The company is about to fold....abandon ship

3 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by FrankValency(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2015
Love..........so far u can still be working while u apply,there's no harm in applying,just don't quit. Ur job till u get the new one. And if ur boss is trying you,when you get the bigger job,will he hold ur legs??
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by osaslord500(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2015
Well he loves u

That ur boss suppose be comedian ooo, he funny die

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2015
It's a trap bro... Use your brains
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by menxer: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Demigods:
Your MD wants you to grow bigger, apply joor.

A friend of mine had a similar experience, he moved from being a contract staff to full staff in another company courtesy of his director.
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Kalvan: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2015
It's obviously a trap. Good people don't exist in Nigeria.
Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Lanretoye(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2015
rarely does employers want the best for employees...
do u think he is ready to forfeit ur experience and start up with someone else?,an average employer is irrational.

my candid advice,apply for the job but deceive him that you are not ready to take another job cos you are satisfied with him.

I so hate employers,but someday when i become one,i may like myself.

2 Likes

Re: His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Maybe his boss cafes bout him, so he wants him to get a better job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father / Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.