Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (81603 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
otiigba1:
wow! Man! You are so cynical, try thinking rationally it will do you a lot of good. And how is a house 2 cars and 2 kids not an American dream? How many you do you have? I suppose you have 10 houses 20 children 12 cars angry ode!

lol....it's over your head you can't relate or r u related to the Op...Alamu the thing pain am lol
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by phreakabit(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

congratulations.... we have noticed you

Thanks for doing so. *Doffs hat* wink
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dio1:
even your kids yet unborn won't be privileged to step foot into those places .
Thanks for the prayer. My kids unborn and those already born will NEVER experience the kind of suffering you are experiencing. Olori buruku.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by chigoizie7(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Really ! by the way i stated that he speaks hausa and igbo.

So?

Tell me anyone(igbo,hausa,yoruba) who has been to either china,japan,spain, italy who does not know the basics of the host country's language?

English is not our mother tongue,yet we all know how to speak or even understand.

Tell me how many foreigners that can speak or understand the basics of our indigenous local dialects?

Inferiority complex is very bad, OP, please desist from it.

He spoke in both igbo and hausa so? And igbo man that is living in spain can aswell speak, igbo,english and spanish, so, what's the big deal? It is expected of him to know how to communicate with the natives and not the other way round. Why applauding him?

I am even ashamed of him for not speaking also in yoruba,tivi,itshekiri and host of many languages as naija is a multilingual country, so, he should learn all of them.

Person wan come do biz for ur land, wey be say him go gain, and u go de learn him language so as to communicate with him, for what?

Just like an igbo man going up north to do biz, if him no sabi speak hausa or pidgin, make him forget am, na hausa man go come learn igbo? For wetin? It also applies to all tribes in naija. If u go anywhere, learn dere language so as to communicate with them, that's what makes it unique, if u keep waiting to learn ur visitors language, how many u wan learn?

Like I said earlier, inferiority complex is a disease that kills faster than ebola .
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by mrwash(m): 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .

Lmaooo!! That awkward moment when your comment gets more likes than the original post itself! Nice one there.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by mildflame: 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

305 likes! Nairalanders Una get BRAIN? Ok maybe 305 people with CHRONIC INFERIORITY COMPLEX, what Errant Nonsense
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
one word for this post, "TRASH"
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Ujupsy: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
I know lots of my Igbo brothers,who are the most travel in the world,speak foreign languages Korean, Chinese,Spanish, German,Arabic, etc pls Igbo am sure are good at that
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by chillbabe(f): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2015
kechywillz:
The more reason why you feel the white man is smarter than you because he interracted in two language,there are nigerians infact africans in diaspora who have visited more europoian countries and speak their languages fluetly within a short period of time so dont think its a big deal
this is not the first time am reading this (Nigerians speaking European language fleuntly) pls dnt say things u dnt know. I have met numerous Nigerians that have been living in my country for up to 10 to 20yrs and they still cnt speak dutch or very poor. And i dnt know why u guys are attacking the OP just ask yourself this ppl how is Africa fering no power no water no healthcare. We blacks need to stop fooling ourself and start working on ourself

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by mikolo80: 4:39am On Nov 08, 2015
YourMain:
White men are smarter than us ? There are more blacks in diaspora and we've to learn all their languages plus a foreign language and we cope very well. So I beg to differ.
there are many blacks in diaspora, how many whites in expatora
not so smart after all
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by EmmyDe25(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .
Exactly. The Op's reasoning is shallow and myopic at best.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2015
Adortem:

So,your inference now is because that particular white man you came in contact with could speak igbo and hausa,that made him smarter than us? Don't you see blacks that go to their country and learn their language.Please,stop that inferior thought/mentality,and what led you to be a racist? I hate to blame it on your mentality.By the way I speak French...

Standing ovation for you dear.Enjoy your life

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2015
mildflame:

305 likes! Nairalanders Una get BRAIN? Ok maybe 305 people with CHRONIC INFERIORITY COMPLEX, what Errant Nonsense

no dear ,it just shows the few people who are rational in their thinking as well as intelligent against the high rate of ......................
Think deep and read well.wish you a blessed life
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Dio1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
logica:
Thanks for the prayer. My kids unborn and those already born will NEVER experience the kind of suffering you are experiencing. Olori buruku.
My suffering , I laugh, my suffering is the best your family will ever get.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by rhames(m): 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
raayah:

What the OP was trying to say was not his flair for languages but his anger was directed at the attitude of Nigerians in a bank. The teller would have explained that other waiting customers.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nina4u(f): 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
I am learning ibo..yoruba and hausa ... I been called a 419 ..a fraud ..a scam a nigerian with a white gals pic ...eaven been called a man on fb by new people i added that reaqested me ..they said to me no outsider can learn our language ...and they blocked me ..lol well it was their loss ..but my point is that its just a language just like swedish ..german ..french ..english ....u can learn if u are motivated ..i got some naija friends im teaching swedish too grin
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by mildflame: 12:13am On Nov 09, 2015
arabianights:

no dear ,it just shows the few people who are rational in their thinking as well as intelligent against the high rate of ......................
Think deep and read well.wish you a blessed life
Bro better go 4serious REORIENTATION, u mentality is ............
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by donttouch: 12:37am On Nov 09, 2015
The pop is an asslicker.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Empiree: 4:22am On Nov 14, 2015
YourMain:
where's your husband, OREMUSSANCTUS grin
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 14, 2015
Empiree:
where's your husband, OREMUSSANCTUS grin

I think he divorced me cry lol
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Empiree: 4:37am On Nov 14, 2015
YourMain:

I think he divorced me cry lol
undecided

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ladej(m): 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
YourMain:

Lol no I couldn't disagree more. I live here. Among white people everyday. 99% of people I interact with everyday are white. And best believe we are not coping. Sure, we may be in the minority but when it comes to education and intelligence or being smart we completely dominate.
ok dear. How are you ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
ladej:
ok dear. How are you ?

I'm fine thank you. And you ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ladej(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
YourMain:

I'm fine thank you. And you ?
I'm well. Following you smiley
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
ladej:

Lol following me ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ladej(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
YourMain:

Lol following me ?
yes na. On nairaland . You make sense die
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
ladej:
yes na. On nairaland . You make sense die

Lol what do you mean ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ladej(m): 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
YourMain:

Lol what do you mean ?
it means your posts are quite intellectual and your reasoning is logical. Sent you an email
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Empiree: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
ladej:
U better watch your back before her "husband" oremu catches you.

Oops! lipsrsealed they divorced, sorry undecided

Be free with her. Nothing will go wrong

grin

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
ladej:
it means your posts are quite intellectual and your reasoning is logical. Sent you an email

Awh that's very kind lol thank you smiley

Yes I saw! I'll try reply ASAP im not very fond of emails
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
Empiree:
U better watch your back before her "husband" oremu catches you.

Oops! lipsrsealed they divorced, sorry undecided

Be free with her. Nothing will go wrong

grin

Lol you're such a trouble maker tongue
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Empiree: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
YourMain:

Lol you're such a trouble maker tongue
Reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Please Help, Iproo.net Legit Or Scam / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) / DEAL: Purchase Nigerian Instagram/twitter Accounts For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.