Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (81648 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .
Honestly, I wish I could take you out on a shopping spree. .. what a perfect response.
Very sensible
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Hahahah.
We have one that comes to my office. His IBO name is now obinna, so we all call him obinna.

This guy raps IBO more than some IBO people.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
The Chinese were far superior to the Mongols intellectually and socially; yet they were conquered by the Mongols. In fact, they eventually taught the Mongols many of their technology (such as gunpowder, rocketry and the how to make the ancestor of the modern day gun); which eventually made its way into Europe. So no, being conquered by a bunch of marauding savages is not proof of weakness or lack of courage. Mostly it is as a result of being peace loving. We welcomed these enemies unto our lands with broad smiles; when we should've attacked them with all we can lay hands on - pots, sticks, stones whatever. There is a reason the Whites never conquered/colonized Ethiopia; but see how Ethiopia has been made to suffer for it.

Till we make our environments saner; till we design and build great infrastructures via our own technology; till we provide such basic amenities like clean potable wate, stable electricity, etc,I won't hold us in much esteem. That's my definition of intelligence- making life meaningful for our people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Till we make our environments saner; till we design and build great infrastructures via our own technology; till we provide such basic amenities like clean potable wate, stable electricity, etc,I won't hold us in much esteem. That's my definition of intelligence- making life meaningful for our people.
...then you can lead the revolt against these saboteurs - The White man you so much hold in high regard.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Aitee1: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2015
Op na only hausa and Igbo the oyibo man speak, what of yoloba and Efik

Btw audio of the oyibo man speaking Igbo and hausa or....you know the rest nah undecided
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
...then you can lead the revolt against these saboteurs - The White man you so much hold in high regard.

We don't need to make any revolt. This is 2015. All we need to do is change our values, ethics and invest massively in science and technology. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

We don't need to make any revolt. This is 2015. All we need to do is change our values, ethics and invest massively in science and technology. Simple.
LOL. Don't be naive. This is 2015, but we are still slaves through proxy and subtle subterfuge. There is a reason Christine Largarde visited Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya in December 2011 and by January 2012 each of these countries suddenly and without explanation jacked up the price of petrol. Yes, a revolt is required. They will NOT allow you achieve these goals without a fight...especially since we have 5th columnists...Uncle Toms and Aunt Jemimas who do their bidding.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
LOL. Don't be naive. This is 2015, but we are still slaves through proxy and subtle subterfuge. There is a reason Christine Largarde visited Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya in December 2011 and by January 2012 each of these countries suddenly and without explanation jacked up the price of petrol. Yes, a revolt is required. They will NOT allow you achieve these goals without a fight...especially since we have 5th columnists...Uncle Toms and Aunt Jemimas who do their bidding.

Blame your leaders. If any nation truly wants to progress, it must be willing to dine with those guys bit a very long spoon.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by dozymars(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

Inferiority Complex is your second name. How can you come on here to say a yellow man is better than us because he can speak other language.

Village champion.

Moreover why do we call them white, where did this come from ? Is the colour of their skin white or Yellow ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by karleone(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

arent we all "learning "
Did he (the White man) not "learn"?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Blame your leaders. If any nation truly wants to progress, it must be willing to dine with those guys bit a very long spoon.
Are you paying attention? Who put those "leaders" there? We are speaking of kakistocracy here. Who would want such leaders?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by prettyboi1(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2015
Lakeland4321:
Whether you like it or not for some reasons God blessed the caucasian race hence the several inventions, medical breakthroughs and discoveries over the centuries, tbey have shaped the world and continue to. Inspite of the african claim to civilization, we couldnt even have a written language in west Africa before they helped us'. Bros no vex but yes them pass us, if not naija wouldn't have been in a mess today. There are so many other countries that were also colonised but are faring well.
Certainly, you don't know history or the history of civilization. If you knew, you won't have typed the ignorant post above. Civilization is not a constant thing, it varies from place to place and the 'advancements' of civilizations also vary from place to place. I don't want to go deep into these things, but you should know that you were being ignorant in your last post. You're saying Africa didn't write its own languages? Lol. We had written scripts and written languages long before foreigners invaded our lands. Did you know that Timbuktu in Modern day Mali had one of the world's first universities (perhaps even the very first, I don't remember at the moment ). People from other continents went to learn in Timbuktu. Do you know that basic mathematics was started by Africans? Brother, go and learn some things & stop talking confidently about things you don't know.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Why do we rush down to their nations?
Oh, it's basically what I hinted at - what goes around comes around. Oyinbo criminals comes to Africa, messing the place up. Africans run away from the mess into Europe. They live there and begin to mess up the place because most of the Africans that arrive in Europe are criminals grin. What goes around comes around.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by tk4rd: 11:45am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turns to them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course. I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.
Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.
You are not just only a tribal he-goat, but also a pitiable brainwashed racist on top.
So, Igbo men speaking Igbo is nuisance, but a white man speakin Igbo is amazement and over-smartness.?
You think that these Igbo men that import motorcycle and motor parts from Japan, China, and some other Asian countries do their businesses with only English and Igbo.??
Stop all these tribal hatred.. It will take you no where.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by zudozz: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2015
na ur mama n ur papa dey constitute nuisance 4 banking hall. aturu yoruba!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Dio1(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
LMAO. Dude, you obviously don't go out much. I have met a Lebanese cook who has been to my home town in Ekiti. Do you think he was speaking English to the locals over there? Get out of that cocoon of yours and realize you are the one who doesn't know what the fvck is going on. And no, you represent one of the problems of the black man; you speak with so much authority of things you have no clue.
You obviously spend your time in the hinterlands, and with cooks.
Places I've been to,you can only dream of.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by tranxo(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

they are smarter than YOU? I am not surprised. You wrote this in which language? Inferiority complex language abi? Carry on!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dio1:

You obviously spend your time in the hinterlands, and with cooks.
Places I've been to,you can only dream of.
Abi? Places like Somalia, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Nightmarish places. No wonder you are clueless. I can't say I feel your pain. Ode.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by instinct57vm(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

And also fact.
Black women are ranked the most educated by race and gender.
And also I'm black and I speak 5 languages beating your " superior white man".

and the five languages are? ps: u dnt knw hwmny languages the white man speaks.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Caracta:
Lol. And someone declares whites are smarter than blacks.

Just when I thought I've seen it all.

*sighs*

no mind him, na too much amala and alert dey worry am grin grin
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by vislabraye(m): 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:
White men are smarter than us ? There are more blacks in diaspora and we've to learn all their languages plus a foreign language and we cope very well. So I beg to differ.

Inferiority complex.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by thamarvelz(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

If u think a white man is smarter cz he understands Ibo then its obvious that u have an inferiority complex, op...
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by simplisity(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
Some of us dont even know how to speak our dialects, u can imagine d shame. All these new generation fathers and mothers that allow their children to speak only English have made d whole situatn worst.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by karleone(m): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:
OP, the criteria you used to compare the intelligence or smartness between us and the Whites is deeply flawed.

But all those who are arguing and refusing to accept the fact the Whites are smarter than us on the average, are HYPOCRITES.

Who designed the phone your using at the moment? What of the Internet? Let's start from there. OR are these the truly marks of a people's intelligence or smartness?

If your assertion is based on the following examples, then you're not getting it right. Give a black man the same opportunity the whites have and watch him do wonders. Our backwardness is as a result of the corrupt life we've been subjected to. Look at Philip Emeagwali and the likes of Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili, etal. who rose to a height. Are they not blacks? It's simply lack of opportunities, or say, exposures that has kept man (the black) at this level.
Did you hear of the Unizik guys that constructed a mini bus as their project? Tell me what will become of these guys if they were exposed to a large Car manufacturing company. They'll simply do wonders. Or is it the 50 blacks that graduated with 1st class in Malaysia? My dear, We are good!
So my point is, our backwardness lies in the fact that we are still way behind in exposures.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by IYANGBALI: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .
no mind the op. Is it a must for him to post a topic abi seun don dey pay for it ni?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by chukzzy1(m): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Low self esteem at its peak!!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Princewell2012(m): 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
adexsimply:
White men are smarter than us?

This is definitely not coming from a smart man.
Why are you guys persecuting him for saying the truth
at least you are carrying their certificate and even boast about it.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

sad

How many of them have you met so far?

How many of the ones you know can speak our language?

What was theor age range?

How many of them have families here in Nigeria?

Before you generalise based on two or three encounters, you have to know that they are the exception not the rule.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
Princewell2012:

Why are you guys persecuting him for saying the truth

at least you are carrying their certificate and even boast about it.

What do you know about the history of education? What is education?undecided.

I agree they are smarter than you.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
karleone:

If your assertion is based on the following examples, then you're not getting it right. Give a black man the same opportunity the whites have and watch him do wonders. Our backwardness is as a result of the corrupt life we've been subjected to. Look at Philip Emeagwali and the likes of Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili, etal. who rose to a height. Are they not blacks? It's simply lack of opportunities, or say, exposures that has kept man (the black) at this level.
Did you hear of the Unizik guys that constructed a mini bus as their project? Tell me what will become of these guys if they were exposed to a large Car manufacturing company. They'll simply do wonders. Or is it the 50 blacks that graduated with 1st class in Malaysia? My dear, We are good!
So my point is, our backwardness lies in the fact that we are still way behind in exposures.

Exactly. Why can't WE create those same opportunities here? Why must we seek those opportunities elsewhere? Why can't we harness our own talents? Why?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by 360dreezyjones(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
And this is just the problem we nigerians face amongst ourselves..I didn't see anything special in what he did,anyone can learn any language with time..the fact is-nigerians,most nigerians have belittled themselves to the extent that even if a white man does what is wrong..he would still be praised..smh#
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
My friend Tunde couldn't even pass Jamb, but he's learnt to speak fluent Dutch, French, plus his regular English, Yoruba and spattering of Igbo and Hausa; nobody cares for his achievements though...but I get what you're saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Inside Tony Ezenna House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos (Pictures) / DEAL: Purchase Nigerian Instagram/twitter Accounts For Your Business / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.