Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (81655 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by papaejima1: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .
I buy you one E-Carton of Orijin my or Yoghurt dear. I was about to tell the OP off when I saw your post.
Infact make it 2 cartons joor.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by papaejima1: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.
This your story is straight out of the Arabian Nights
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by preshOnogwu1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
Twaci:
太湖石 故意 你个体森色 undecided
That does not in any way prove that you understand Chinese.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by kensaki2015(m): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
Na for AY show dis one happen abi Akpororo dun get new albino for em concert. lol
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
phreakabit:

White guy = Federally/ CIA, studying his host community. . . . Possibly.
You = Eternally daft paraplegic zygote for saying "these white men are smatter smarter than us"

congratulations.... we have noticed you
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
papaejima1:

This your story is straight out of the Arabian Nights

for you to guess correctly means you played a part in it.have a nice weekend
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
papaejima1:

I buy you one E-Carton of Orijin my or Yoghurt dear. I was about to tell the OP off when I saw your post.
Infact make it 2 cartons joor.

Most Nigerians speak the three official languages including foreign language...........................you just keep exposing your stupidity
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2015
[quote author=Leitner post=39750957]
Mahn!,this is the most |diotic statement in 2015. And it will take some serious effort for anyone to usurp this.
Not saying you are an|diot but you did make a really really |diotic statement.[/quote

i guess over 200 people who liked this are also stupid.either way, white men are smarter than us. quote me any where.
mind you i didnt use the term intelligent i used "smart"

have a nice weekend, i have dignified your existence
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Reference(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

Some are Nigerian with Nigerian passports. Children of expats turned immigrants. Some others are half caste with a genetic make up heavily skewed towards the white parent so by appearance you think they are white. Know quite a few. Common in the Niger-Delta.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by papaejima1: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Most Nigerians speak the three official languages including foreign language...........................you just keep exposing your stupidity
Must you insult?
That actually mirrors your constitution as a being. Insecure!!

Re-read your post, Look in the mirror and know you made yourself less smart than the whiteman.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
[quote author=cumz post=39764890] all of you saying you refused to admit that white are smarter us are just hypocrites..

though the reason OP gave might not make too much sense... buh I believe we all know that the whites are smarter than us.

no need to start arguing..
.if you feel otherwise, kindly drop your reasons why you feel so.. will tell you mine toooo

no insults![/quote

Leave them!! instead of them to reason on why i used the word " smarter", they instead began to throw insults.
look around you... see what and how these white men came and are making money .observe their political and diplomatic moves and even how they penetrate into circles with out being noticed yet their accounts are talking...

I can go on and on.......But the problem with Nairaland is that its filled with people who have low iq, their level of reasoning is really poor.
LET THEM TELL US WHY THEY FEEL WHITE MEN ARE NOT SMARTER THAN US.Most of them dont even know the difference between being smart and intelligence.

Enjoy your weekend

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
papaejima1:

Must you insult?
That actually mirrors your constitution as a being. Insecure!!

Re-read your post, Look in the mirror and know you made yourself less smart than the whiteman.

I hear you. Enjoy
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
liljaydee:
grin grin grin grin

kiss luv dear.. Dont be like the angry nairalanders throwing insults up and down instead of facing and attacking the situation.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Drabrah(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

I think ur last statement is TOTALLY wrong ( my opinion though) 4 these reasons:
1. Ur case is one in several millions (not even one in a million) & 4 all u care dental guy cud av bn born and lived all his life in 9ja. English is a language, jst like Igbo, Hausa et al. So, dat he speaks d local languages fluently ain't no big deal (esp as he's bn here). Even old illitrate folks in d south speak pidgin English fluently. His case is only surprising cos he's one of a very few whites that can speak a local language.

2. Most of us do not go to their countries & comeback same or worse & most of dem do not learn or local language. Most of them com as technocrats, wt their money in hand ready to make more money (eg MTN et al, Julius Berger, Shoprite). Most of us go there to earn a living or make ends meet---- from d days of slave trade to modern day slavery, abi u don ever hear of Nigerian Visa Lottery
shocked shocked shocked
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Rossikk(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

tongue tongue tongue ....they are long term planners and not short term like .............
Oh shut up and fck off, slave.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by NovusHomo(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Oh, really? Well, I have a problem with your "smatter than..." whatever.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
Djicemob:
"White men are smarter than us"

Really? How low do you think of yourself?

Other than that line,your story would have made some sense
They are smarter than Africans, most especially, Nigerians for being clam in most situations and navigate through them in a civilized manner. I quite understand that is what the OP wants to express in his opinion of what he sees at the bank.

Just admit most Africans are still not as smart as white people due to their primitive nature and are very loud in most cases. I can vouch all my bank accounts on that.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by sunsewa: 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Nihao? wo suu potunghua chingwoo,translation,how are u? am speaking potunghua china.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by papaejima1: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

I hear you. Enjoy
you too
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by KruggerINC(m): 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him
that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

ABEG no mind all these people forming that they're smart and rejecting the idea that the white men are smarter than us.If we are smart then how come we are suffering so much in a country God has blessed with abundant natural and human resources? how come we mostly dream of escaping our own country to the white man's country in search of a better life? I can list twenty countries in the world that DONT have a fraction of the resources we have but yet they live a far more superior quality of life than us and yet some of you sit down and say they're not smarter than us? the very fact that we don't know we're foolish is itself a big problem because you can be only start to solve a problem when u acknowledge that the problem exists.
OP no mind all these people jare..OYINBO get sense pass us by far and the evidence is there for all to see.If UNA like make Una dey deceive unaselves.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
ladej:

That's the problem

While you cope there

They dominate here !

Huge difference. I have never seen a white man ( not Lebanese Indian or pakistan). European Australian or American coping here

They ball !

Lol no I couldn't disagree more. I live here. Among white people everyday. 99% of people I interact with everyday are white. And best believe we are not coping. Sure, we may be in the minority but when it comes to education and intelligence or being smart we completely dominate.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
You mean to say black women are the most indoctrinated, you might think its a good thing but its not, its only make things worse for yall, think about Women Liberation, Feminism, Affirmative Action, divorce rates etc

Ehm. No I mean to say they are the most educated by race or gender.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Lakeland4321:
Really? Name them, if its not among the UN official languages then they will only be useful for domestic gossip

Of course.

I speak English, Irish, Spanish, Polish, Arabic. I can hold a very successful conversation in German. And while it may not be a U.N. language I can understand Yoruba.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
AfroKnight:

Ewo! cheesy cheesy why you dey bash the guy like this na?

I used to think you were very gentle and easy going. grin Baby, you wicked. Chai. grin Even a gentle babe has her boiling point.

Lol I didn't bash him. I simply educated his simple mindedness.

Hehe maybe just a small bit of bashing.

Well it's hard to watch some one be so ignorant.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
instinct57vm:

and the five languages are? ps: u dnt knw hwmny languages the white man speaks.

Yes I do. And I'm no different in that retrospect.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
sam90s:

Can you do yourself a favour and quit wasting your valuable time replying to that low self esteem, stereotyping and crude person? I already have up at the second respond to your reply, sad.
Imagine that person raising a child,
I know a woman who didn't see a day of school, and had many acquantance with a lot of foreigners including Europeans who think a lot of her, it reflected on her children, they all turned out good, can hold their own anywhere.

It's simply just ignorance. And you really can't ignore people like that you just have to educate them. Yes exactly. I've lived with white people since i was two years old. And a lot of white people really do appreciate how intelligent black people are. And language isn't that big a deal. My cousin is 5 and speaks 4 languages fluently already.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
viclawz:
wow nice responses ..very matured.

Thank you lol.

Even though I did go a bit crazy and insulted him a bit.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
MuhdG:

Thank u joor

Lol welcome !
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
otiigba1:
Absolutely! I could not agree more. grin

I speak 2 languages apart from yoruba, igbo and obviously english, i beat the "white man" too. Its No biggie

Lol I swear. It's suuuuch a normal thing. I don't know why it's making him impressed...
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
Observant:

When say black people are a lost course people don't understand me.

Me or the op ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
ipledge10:
;Dje palle francais?

cry cry cry. I wish
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Ehm. No I mean to say they are the most educated by race or gender.
education=indoctrination....educated about what really?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Inside Tony Ezenna House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos (Pictures) / DEAL: Purchase Nigerian Instagram/twitter Accounts For Your Business / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.