Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (81638 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Then what's responsible for the shameful difference between in terms of development and standards of living between Africa and Europe and America?
Maybe if you knew where Nigeria was in the 70s and 80s (when foreigners were trooping into Nigeria in droves and Nigeria was in the top 20 nations most emigrated to), you will understand a little "something" called sabotage. The CIA and the rest of these sadists have decades of experience propping up kakistocracies. What do you do? Oppose them, you go the way of Patrice Lumumba. But what goes around comes around; my only solace.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Emusan(m): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2015
ZUBY77:

I speak German, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian. I speak English obviously.
Now i am learning Mandarin/Chinese.

The OP is Aboki. Who haven't left his village to anywhere. So obviously, the white man is smarter than him

Let's surprise this @OP

Guten Morgen!

Bonjour!

Wie geht's?

Comment allez vous?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by YuckFou: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2015
kestolove95:
Ibos ar problem of dix country, why insult d man nw? Useless people

Yuck Fou, bigot.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by otiigba1(m): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2015
Op needs to travel more leave that small town of yours it will do you good.

I find it hard to comprehend why some nigerians worship white people
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by AreaFada2: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

Nice story.

But why the surprise? He lives in Nigeria, and may even have been born there. He might even be Lebanese whose grand dad may have arrived in Kaduna/Jos area in the 1940s.

I live abroad. And I learned two European languages. And studied in both partly. I also learnt two extra healthcare European languages.
Making it two near fluent & two average level. Aside English of course. And not I'm even in the arts or humanities.

I know many Nigerians who have mastered several European languages, working and doing research from Italy to Sweden, from Hungary to France/Germany.

I also studied with Europeans and other Caucasian foreign students and I know their academic abilities, even in the longest and arguably hardest courses.

Don't let inferiority complex make you denigrate your kind.

The diaspora people you referred to remit $10 billion dollars to Nigeria yearly.

Compare that Nigeria's 2014 budget.

And to add, many of those who fought for African independence were inspired abroad: Nkrumah, Awo, Zik, etc.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2015
Have you ever heard of white and black!?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by agabaI23(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Then what's responsible for the shameful difference between in terms of development and standards of living between Africa and Europe and America?
Abundance, greed, dishonesty, laziness and stereotype.

The stereotype and the mentality that the whites are smarter will never allow you explore your environment or think out of the box. They also make sure you continue believing you are second class to them until you work with them and you will find out you could be light years ahead of them in problem solving and intelligence.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by WuzilistiQ(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2015
op

do they learn igbo, hausa, ijaw, orashi, ikwerre, ogoni, igbani or any other dialects in diaspora like we do here in Nigeria? no! but here we are forced to learn English, French, German languages which will not be useful to many, we enslave ourselves to the western world, we are suppose to learn our languages, our regional languages in order for us to communicate effectively, we have states with different languages and if you are to become a governor in a state like rivers state at least you should speak three or more, know the importance of their culture, respect the values of their culture, but we choose to learn English. pigeon English is even suppose to be our UNITY LANGUAGE where every tribe can centre their tongue and ears to the same level of understanding, but we choose to make life difficult for ourselves.

I see people speaking our dialects as a privilege, a good thing but I won't get excited because it is in their best interest to increase their knowledge.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by excellentmomma(f): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2015
Chai, lolzz, this guy thought by claiming to be Hausa and bashing Igbo, everybody will hail him, the table turned against him and he is now on the run, hahahaha, abeg make una pity his low intellegence... maybe he is a yoruba man sef and hiding under Hausa to attract sympathy and cause fight here. Sorry arabianights , next time don't be mischievous.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by acenazt: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2015
Emusan:

Guten Morgen!

Wie geht's?
Alles ist gut. Wie war deine Nacht?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ebenzy88: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2015
That is not a yardstick to measure smartness..am sure he must have being taught some lessons by a smart Nigerian before leaving his country.am surprised dat statement is coming from a Nigerian.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Tinyemeka(m): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

So because he learnt the languages of the country in which he is resident, it now makes him smarter? undecided

Thunder fire you! Oya angle 90 and collect 12 lashes! Lubbish. angry
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by otiigba1(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2015
excellentmomma:
Chai, lolzz, this guy thought by claiming to be Hausa and bashing Igbo, everybody will hail him, the table turned against him and he is now on the run, hahahaha, abeg make una pity his low intellegence... maybe he is a yoruba man sef and hiding under Hausa to attract sympathy and cause fight here. Sorry arabianights , next time don't be mischievous.
i tell you! The guy don pick race grin grin grin, you funny wella

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Dio1(m): 10:26am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
So, if he needs to do business in the hinterlands of the North and East, he only needs to speak English. Apparently, YOU don't get it.
What business would he need to do in the hinterlands of the North and East, the problem with most black people is that you guys aren't realistic.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2015
I know a Nigerian that speaks French, Spanish and German fluently... learning a new language is a lot easier than we think.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2015
Horlufemi:

A lot White people are dumb especially their fine fine girls.

Well, I guess 'fine' is relative in this context.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Very wrong assumption , most Nigerians living outside the country speak languages of the country they are domiciled in , that much can't be said about the white man living in Nigeria
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by chidieze356(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2015
A white man speaking igbo or any other languages in Nigeria should not surprised anyone at all. The same way they learn our language is exactly the same way we learnt theirs too. The difference is that we learn it at a much faster rate than they do.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2015
Dio1:

What business would he need to do in the hinterlands of the North and East, the problem with most black people is that you guys aren't realistic.
LMAO. Dude, you obviously don't go out much. I have met a Lebanese cook who has been to my home town in Ekiti. Do you think he was speaking English to the locals over there? Get out of that cocoon of yours and realize you are the one who doesn't know what the fvck is going on. And no, you represent one of the problems of the black man; you speak with so much authority of things you have no clue.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by nokingasgod: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .

Most Nigerians you say....No sir,perhaps you should have said some Nigerians can speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently. Do a simple test around you and tell how many Nigerians can speak Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Efik fluently not to talk of foreign languages.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by viclawz(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Oh my. Yessss I'd love to but I fear you'd find it hard to adjust. You seem very well suited to your current environment.
wow nice responses ..very matured.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Emusan(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2015
acenazt:
Alles ist gut. Wie war deine Nacht?

Es geht, und sie?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 07, 2015
agabaI23:
Abundance, greed, dishonesty, laziness and stereotype.

The stereotype and the mentality that the whites are smarter will never allow you explore your environment or think out of the box. They also make sure you continue believing you are second class to them until you work with them and you will find out you could be light years ahead of them in problem solving and intelligence.

You've simply echoed my sentiments. Why are we greedy, dishonest and lazy? Why? Why can't we provide simple amenities for our people? Which White leader has stored away billions in an African nation? Why do we rush down to their nations? You at be smarter than the few ones you've worked it BUT overall your environment proves they're smarter than us.

I've never felt inferior to anyone BUT I admire the work ethics of thee few ones I've worked him. I admire their attitude, honesty, passion and dedication.

Why can't we provide potable water for our people? Look at your education sector.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by lordyugo: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Really ! by the way i stated that he speaks hausa and igbo.

all u did is show ur inferiority complex with ds ur post,really appalling. A whiteman spoke a foreign language and its a news. You hv bn speaking his language since u wr a kid but u dnt see them talking bout u clown
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
Maybe if you knew where Nigeria was in the 70s and 80s (when foreigners were trooping into Nigeria in droves and Nigeria was in the top 20 nations most emigrated to), you will understand a little "something" called sabotage. The CIA and the rest of these sadists have decades of experience propping up kakistocracies. What do you do? Oppose them, you go the way of Patrice Lumumba. But what goes around comes around; my only solace.

We lacked the courage and will to oppose them. Another proof of our weaknesses. Development and progress have their price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by smite(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .

you're smart!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by phreakabit(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Any way my point is [size=18pt]that these white men are smatter than us[/size], they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

White guy = Federally/ CIA, studying his host community. . . . Possibly.
You = Eternally daft paraplegic zygote for saying "these white men are smatter smarter than us"
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by hahn(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
Maybe if you knew where Nigeria was in the 70s and 80s (when foreigners were trooping into Nigeria in droves and Nigeria was in the top 20 nations most emigrated to), you will understand a little "something" called sabotage.

The only reason why they trooped in was because they wanted to build strong foundations to enable them exploit Nigeria. The same mineral resources that everyone realized Nigeria had has still not been tapped by Nigerians

The CIA and the rest of these sadists have decades of experience propping up kakistocracies. What do you do? Oppose them, you go the way of Patrice Lumumba. But what goes around comes around; my only solace.

Corruption, tribalisitic and religious sentiments are doing a much better job than the CIA will ever be able to. Our problem is from within and not from the outside
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by AfroKnight: 11:02am On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Oh my. Yessss I'd love to but I fear you'd find it hard to adjust. You seem very well suited to your current environment.

Ewo! cheesy cheesy why you dey bash the guy like this na?

I used to think you were very gentle and easy going. grin Baby, you wicked. Chai. grin Even a gentle babe has her boiling point.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by aameyah(f): 11:02am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

What a mentality!!
What scale are you using to measure him as being smarter?

They are smarter than you and all the peeps who agree with you, not us. Is it not the white man's language I've also learnt that I'm using to type? Is English my language?
So what are you saying?
If I am opportune to go to a foreign country today where the odds are in my favor, won't I do better than some of the country's own citizens too?
You better free yourself from this mental slaverish attitude!!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

We lacked the courage and will to oppose them. Another proof of our weaknesses. Development and progress have their price.
The Chinese were far superior to the Mongols intellectually and socially; yet they were conquered by the Mongols. In fact, they eventually taught the Mongols many of their technology (such as gunpowder, rocketry and the how to make the ancestor of the modern day gun); which eventually made its way into Europe. So no, being conquered by a bunch of marauding savages is not proof of weakness or lack of courage. Mostly it is as a result of being peace loving. We welcomed these enemies unto our lands with broad smiles; when we should've attacked them with all we can lay hands on - pots, sticks, stones whatever. There is a reason the Whites never conquered/colonized Ethiopia; but see how Ethiopia has been made to suffer for it.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2015
hahn:

Corruption, tribalisitic and religious sentiments are doing a much better job than the CIA will ever be able to. Our problem is from within and not from the outside
Ask yourself: do black people have a predisposition to corruption/stealing? The answer is NO. There is a reason why back in the villages, there were no fences, no doors and yet there was security. So ask yourself when the black man suddenly became the epitome of corruption. It all leads back to kakistocracy - where the worst kind of people somehow grab power. The worst kind who shouldn't even smell anything beyond doing manual labor on the road side are now making decisions on which the future of whole countries lay. Would the people of these countries normally want such bad elements who really should be shot on sight? NO. So how do they grab power? Back to my point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside Tony Ezenna House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos (Pictures) / DEAL: Purchase Nigerian Instagram/twitter Accounts For Your Business / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.