Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation (6797 Views)

How Do You Think The Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitations / Osinbanjo And Yorubas Should Handle The Snakes Alone. / Handle Biafra Agitation With Care And Caution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jesusloveyou: 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
new2020:
Well said. I think GMB from inception failed to handle this as Jonathan handled it. A lot of people think this agitation started under Buhari...NO. Been going on under Jonathan. The largest gatherings before today was held at Aba on May 30th under Jonathan office. The difference between Jonathan and Buhari handling of the agitation is Jonathan strategically ignored Nnamdi Kanu which worked perfectly for him as he got no media attention and subsequently was never known then by most Biafrans. However Buhari use of force, jamming, intimidation, arrest and killings have made Nnamdi Kanu and the movement more popular. He should have ignored them as Jonathan did.
hahahaha, how can d useless kanu raise a voice against his clueless corrupt ogogoro hero, since d clueless corrupt hero lost, d useless kanu started to disturb d peace of ipob, pmb have to finish all d useless ipob, they can go to hell, who cares?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
opiaoku:

listen the National conference did not address the issue directly rather it called for true federalism and equity and justice which i know that if such happens you'll see majority of igbos supporting it and thus the Biafran ish will be gone but Buhari did trash the report and so was the agitation. right now it's too late the only language an average igbo man hears now is biafra.

they'll will be shocked with the turn up today now they'll realize their mistakes especially nnamdi kanu's arrest.

honestly even i was shocked by the massive turn out.
To me, i believe that the national confab did not recommend anything that is new to us as a nation. the present struggle for Biafra should be separated from the national confab. It was GEJ,that said that the existence of the country should not be discoursed, which to me,was a big mistake by GEJ.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by fineguy11(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
We don't need this issue to go out hand before we take action.The silence of the Igbo elite may be to our own disadvantage,if continue to use military force to continue to clamp down on their kinsmen.
Who is clamping down on who?are u suggesting our security agents shld fold their hands and let anarchy takes it course?..chanting anti-nigeria songs/war songs and burning the nigerian flag is tantamount to commiting treason...as far as im concerned,nobody has been harrased.....have they been hindered from protesting or expressing their views?..
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by yanabasee(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
I don't think this is a civil war.This issue can be addressed by a Democratic means(referendum).

This is driving to a civil war... And I'm not just ready to be starved over a government that has no technicality on national issues...

Buhari was voted for becoz Nigerians believed he has experience as a general to tackle insecurity issues... But yet, Boko haram isn't diminishing.. And again, Biafra...

This is how it all began during ojukwu's era...

Have in mind that... Of recent... The Ijaws have discovered the written treaty and had called on the FG to re-amend the treaty...

Many regions are folding up and waiting for biafra to start the war...

Maybe you don't know why America said that Nigeria will divide before the end of 2015.... This is becoming feasible...

I want the government to do something about it... Simple..

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by opiaoku: 10:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
To me, i believe that the national confab did not recommend anything that is new to us as a nation. the present struggle for Biafra should be separated from the national confab. It was GEJ,that said that the existence of the country should not be discoursed, which to me,was a big mistake by GEJ.

You're right on this
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by nigerianvenom(m): 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
First time u tend to make sense.
I expected u to say that Buhari should use military might to uproot the agitators, but u didnt.
Thumps up

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by nigerianvenom(m): 10:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:

Gej was right by saying the existence of Nigeria shouldnt be discoursed. It would've bina disaster of a sort.
The conference wouldn't have ended amicably. U should know how nigerians behave

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Where was ther agreement written? Who wrote them? Who sign them?
Chanchit:
I would also have suggested a referendum but after the civil war, there was a written agreement that Biafra seize to exist and I won't advice wasting money because of some group of touts.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by lawrenceunaa: 12:04am On Nov 07, 2015
fineguy11:
..as long as they are yet to gun down any security agent in nigeria,this PIRATE agitation is mere noise:IKE EKWEREMADU-2015..
then u re silly. Is that the zoo's plan,it ain't gonna work. No body wants war but when the bullet goes off then bullents go off
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by hinwazaka: 1:03am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
I believe its high time,we as a Nation accept the fact that if this present Biafra agitation is not handled cautiously, it may consume this Nation. As somebody from ss,i have on many occasions here on nairaland expressed my disapproval of this present Biafra agitation. The present use of military force by pmb,will not solve this issue.We don't want a situation in this country, where Igbos who are indifferent in this present Biafra agitation, will begin to sympathise with the cause of the agitators of biafra ,because we are using military force to clamp down on their people. I advise president buhari,to immediately order the release of nnamdi kalu.Pmb should toe the line of David Cameron,by proposing a referendum for between September and November 2018.I strongly believe that with the majority of uncommon economic and infrastructural facelifts of the govt of pmb which will be manifesting by then(late 2018),across the country majority of Igbos will vote against Biafra.I urge pmb not to take the advise of people who are calling on him to use military force to crush Biafra agitators, because this method will not work.let the issue of Biafra be handled once and for all,through Democratic means(i.e,a referendum).
Ignorant Zombie fool, you don't know your messiah. Get ready to be introduced to him. You think he gives a rat ass of your perception of him. By 2017, your sorrow will be too much to bear. My only hope, is that he visits you with ten times the pain he hopes to inflict on the East. Stup1d APC ignoramus
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Phame: 1:23am On Nov 07, 2015
new2020:
Well said. I think GMB from inception failed to handle this as Jonathan handled it. A lot of people think this agitation started under Buhari...NO. Been going on under Jonathan. The largest gathering before today was held at Aba on May 30th under Jonathan. The difference between Jonathan and Buhari handling of the agitation is Jonathan strategically ignored Nnamdi Kanu which worked perfectly for him as he got no media attention and subsequently was never known then by most Biafrans. However Buhari use of force, jamming, intimidation, arrest and killings have made Nnamdi Kanu and the movement more popular. He should have ignored them as Jonathan did.
just my point. Though he is ignoring them now. Again, it was easy for jonathan to ignore them cos he was reen as their own. But when you hear nnamdi kanu preaching on his radio how buhari granted an interview to bbc hausa where he(buhari) said he hate ndi'gbo. Of course, as a notherner who was seen as an anti-igbo before election, you don't expect him to keep shut, do u?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:24am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
this is where we are currently missing it as a nation,boko haram and the agitation for biafra are two different issue.let's not make the mistake of labelling ipob and massob members as terrorists,because they are not.

You are wrong!
They are fundamentally the same but only differ in their approach and ideology: Both are threatening the sovereign corporate existence of Nigeria; which no sane government/country would tolerate or allow - its as simple as that.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 07, 2015
Phame:
just my point. Though he is ignoring them now. Again, it was easy for jonathan to ignore them cos he was reen as their own. But when you hear nnamdi kanu preaching on his radio how buhari granted an interview to bbc hausa where he(buhari) said he hate ndi'gbo. Of course, as a notherner who was seen as an anti-igbo before election, you don't expect him to keep shut, do u?

"Though he is ignoring them now." Not if he is still holding him in DSS custody...will only worsen the situation.

Have you listened to the plethora of insults he rained on Jonathan? He was doing this to gain his attention. Go to Radio Biafra broadcast archive between 2014 - May 2015, you will be amazed as to why GEJ never reacted. For one, we all know GEJ to be one of the most tolerant incidentally most insulted presidents of our time. Buhari dictatorial tendency; laying siege on Dasuki's house, e.t.c won't let him to ignore him.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Duru1(m): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2015
If Daura Dumbass a.k.a Muhammadu Buhari wants to flood Biafran land with bread and honey tomorrow fine, however the water had already gone under the bridge. It is Biafra today, tomorrow and forever.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by sherrylo: 6:03am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
I don't think this is a civil war.This issue can be addressed by a Democratic means(referendum).

How can you be talking of referendum when their reps at the federal levels have not asked for one?

Do you want PMB to say OK I have heard all your cries on social media oya take referendum? Let their reps present their "want" at the federal levels first before you will know if PMB will give one or not.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2015
sherrylo:

How can you be talking of referendum when their reps at the federal levels have not asked for one?

Do you want PMB to say OK I have heard all your cries on social media oya take referendum? Let their reps present their "want" at the federal levels first before you will know if PMB will give one or not.
I quite understand the angle that you are trying to bring to this issue.All i want is for pmb not to use further military force to clampdown on the agitators/ protesters.Honestly, this issue has gone beyond the social media,let's stop denying this fact.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:40am On Nov 07, 2015
Duru1:
If Daura Dumbass a.k.a Muhammadu Buhari wants to flood Biafran land with bread and honey tomorrow fine, however the water had already gone under the bridge. It is Biafra today, tomorrow and forever.
This is one the reason i want to propose a referendum because i am very confident that majority of Igbos ,will say yes to Nigeria. You guys(Biafra agitators),ground of agitations is primarily hatred for pmb,which to me will not be enough to convince majority of igbos the need for Biafra.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:44am On Nov 07, 2015
new2020:

"Though he is ignoring them now." Not if he is still holding him in DSS custody...will only worsen the situation.

Have you listened to the plethora of insults he rained on Jonathan? He was doing this to gain his attention. Go to Radio Biafra broadcast archive between 2014 - May 2015, you will be amazed as to why GEJ never reacted. For one, we all know GEJ to be one of the most tolerant incidentally most insulted presidents of our time. Buhari dictatorial tendency; laying siege on Dasuki's house, e.t.c won't let him to ignore him.
It is very wrong for you to link the present travails of Dasuki,with that of Nnamdi kalu.I am advocating for a referendum, because i know that will be the best way to kill Biafra without people losing their lives.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:46am On Nov 07, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

You are wrong!
They are fundamentally the same but only differ in their approach and ideology: Both are threatening the sovereign corporate existence of Nigeria; which no sane government/country would tolerate or allow - its as simple as that.
I can't recall when bokoharam categorically stated it wanted the northern part of country to have its own country.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Duru1(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
This is one the reason i want to propose a referendum because i am very confident that majority of Igbos ,will say yes to Nigeria. You guys(Biafra agitators),ground of agitations is primarily hatred for pmb,which to me will not be enough to convince majority of igbos the need for Biafra.

Why would I hate the so-called pmb? I do not think the so-called pmb will succumb to the calls of referendum because he has been a sore loser at the polls and surely will not get a second chance with the referendum for Biafra.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by opiaoku: 6:50am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:

Don't be too sure about that

95% of igbos hate Nigeria and Buhari

5% are the people benefitting from this government one way or the other
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2015
nigerianvenom:
First time u tend to make sense.
I expected u to say that Buhari should use military might to uproot the agitators, but u didnt.
Thumps up
I am own the side of patriotism on this issue.I am amazed the way some Nigerians think,they want the Biafra agitators to start carrying perhaps anti aircraft rockets,before pmb should take them seriously.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2015
opiaoku:

Don't be too sure about that

95% of igbos hate Nigeria and Buhari

5% are the people benefitting from this government one way or the other
I don't think that your statistics is correct, anyway,i believe the root of every agitation in the country is bad governance. I am 100% confident that pmb will be the best Nigeria has ever had since 1960.by late 2018 most of the real human and developmental strides of pmb will have start maturing at an advanced stage.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Duru1:

Why would I hate the so-called pmb? I do not think the so-called pmb will succumb to the calls of referendum because he has been a sore loser at the polls and surely will not get a second chance with the referendum for Biafra.
you have just shown your hatred for him.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
It is very wrong for you to link the present travails of Dasuki,with that of Nnamdi kalu.I am advocating for a referendum, because i know that will be the best way to[b] kill Biafra[/b] without people losing their lives.

We must be sensible in our analysis. Laying siege on someone's house for hours/days without court order whether Dasuki's, you or me is dictatorial and UNACCEPTABLE. Same manner he is holding Nnamdi Kanu despite his lawyer claim that his bail conditions have been met and approved by the court.

I don't understand Why you would want to kill Biafra? As far as I'm concerned IT MUST BE RESTORED!
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by opiaoku: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
I don't think that your statistics is correct, anyway,i believe the root of every agitation in the country is bad governance. I am 100% confident that pmb will be the best Nigeria has ever had since 1960.by late 2018 most of the real human and developmental strides of pmb will have start maturing at an advanced stage.

tell me how?

by saying that he'll not treat Nigerians equally shey you know the 5% stuff

by snubbing federal character and giving excuses why he appointed more Northerners in his government.

by killing of innocent harmless protesters and granting bail to terrorists

by ignoring fulani mayhem but kill Biafran protesters.

hmmm bro if you think that igbos are not well informed about all these then you'll lying. even the few that are staunch supporters of apc are now retracing their steps and regretting I have people like that, mind you those are the people that are ready to fight me during election times just because am not apc supporters but now they are all Biafran Sympatizers and regretting ever trusting Buhari.

the 5% are the people that benefits from this government
of course you won't see them going against this government.

we're tired bro all we need is to go our separate ways in peace and maybe coexist as different countries in harmony.

tell me give me one thing that makes Nigeria one now?

just one
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2015
opiaoku:

tell me how?

by saying that he'll not treat Nigerians equally shey you know the 5% stuff

by snubbing federal character and giving excuses why he appointed more Northerners in his government.

by killing of innocent harmless protesters and granting bail to terrorists

by ignoring fulani mayhem but kill Biafran protesters.

hmmm bro if you think that igbos are not well informed about all these then you'll lying. even the few that are staunch supporters of apc are now retracing their steps and regretting I have people like that, mind you those are the people that are ready to fight me during election times just because am not apc supporters but now they are all Biafran Sympatizers and regretting ever trusting Buhari.

the 5% are the people that benefits from this government
of course you won't see them going against this government.

we're tired bro all we need is to go our separate ways in peace and maybe coexist as different countries in harmony.

tell me give me one thing that makes Nigeria one now?

just one
All the points that you have brought out,can be adequately taken care of by pmb,even without Igbos agitating for Biafra. If i say that i ave not been disappointed by the appointments of pmb so far,in terms of fairness to all regions,then i am a liar.I ave continued to keep faith in pmb,despite this obvious lapses of his,because I know that he has both the sincerity and capacity to move the nation forward.I won't fault pmb for releasing some of the wives and children of bokoharam fighters,because GEJ did the same thing.the 5% issue was quite unfortunate, pmb needs to learn how to talk like the President of the biggest black nation on earth.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by vanunu: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:

How can u say this, pmb who is a known tribalist, somebody who has so far appointed up to fifty people into his kitchen cabinet without a single person from the south east. Pmb is the one that is fuelling this biafran issue
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Observant: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2015
P
Jorussia:
All the points that you have brought out,can be adequately taken care of by pmb,even without Igbos agitating for Biafra. If i say that i ave not been disappointed by the appointments of pmb so far,in terms of fairness to all regions,then i am a liar.I ave continued to keep faith in pmb,despite this obvious lapses of his,because I know that he has both the sincerity and capacity to move the nation forward.I won't fault pmb for releasing some of the wives and children of bokoharam fighters,because GEJ did the same thing.the 5% issue was quite unfortunate, pmb needs to learn how to talk like the President of the biggest black nation on earth.

Bro with all due respect you need to stop making this agitation a PMB thing. This agitation is bored out of the persived injustice enshrined in the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
The questions i always ask people against this agitation are

Is there injustice in the goverance of Nigeria.
Is nepotism and tribalism dimnishing ?

That some people already discard the confab as a means of addressing this agitation shows we barely know that our problem is a constitutional one.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by vivalavida(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:
We don't need this issue to go out hand before we take action.The silence of the Igbo elite may be to our own disadvantage,if continue to use military force to continue to clamp down on their kinsmen.

So u wanted it to be to your own advantage?
Know it that every igbo man is biafran in spirit. You cant deny it or run away from that fact. It keeps haunting anyone who does. Those silent politicians are biafrans. When the time is ripe,it will manifest.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by vivalavida(m): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2015
Jorussia:

The percentage of igbo's that will say yes to Nigeria is not up to 10%. I dont like Nnamdi kanu and the way he is going about his actualisation stuff,i have met Massob leader uwazuruike before. His sons are my friends. I dont like his way too. But i will bury all these dislike for any chance of igbos governing themselves. We are republican in nature in igboland and we see all men as equal. We dont bow down to a selected few and keep quiet while they lord it over us and become demi-gods

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC IN MASSIVE LEAD IN EDO NORTH / Explosion At A Catholic Church In Owo, Ondo Kills 50 Worshippers (Graphic Photos / Who Are Those People That Shake Hands Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.