Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. (36678 Views)

Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos) / Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Montaque(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
sultan457:

Why putting the blame on APC there was this HOR member that lost his seat based on the fact that he his not yet up to 30yeara old.Why dint u say then that PDP was @ fault.
that I did not read nor comment on that news doesn't make this present one foolproof.
injustice is injustice anywhere, anytime
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
caesaraba:

No. He appealed the court's ruling. If this Taraba judgment holds, the he has quite a strong case. I think.
Okay. I won't be surprise if it goes otherwise.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
DTOBS:

Now the tribunal panel has nailed themselves. This simply shows that the panel didn't understood the prayers of the petitioner and the plea of the respondent in the first instance. Now let's see what the appeal court will decide on this matter!
This is the point I was trying to make! You can't give a judgment on an application that was never filed or a prayer that was never made....

But As you can see, I'm being bashed!.... Anyways, We'll see cos I'm cautiously optimistic!

2 Likes

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Alphaoscar: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:
Results of the election shows PDP had 53,120 as against APC's 13,599 (a difference of over 39,000), how can APC use election tribunal to overturn people's mandate.

its better you let whatever you inhale clear from your system before coming to the public forum to disgrace yourself. You have been spreading junks all over the politics section since the delivery of this judgement which is very unfortunate. below is the official figure of the Taraba guber election. The same way mizmycoli claimed the people of the hate the strong woman of Tataba when in the actually fact it took the evil machinations of Gen. Danjuma to enable the PDP candidate been declared as the winner of the poll. You guys should always get your facts right abeg.

Channels Television .
Updated April 26, 2015
The Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) has declared the
candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP), Darius Ishaku winner of the Taraba
governorship election.
Mr Ishaku polled 369,318 votes to beat his
closest opponent and candidate of the All
Progressives Congress (APC), Sen Aisha
Alhassan, who polled 275,984 votes.
There were reports of sporadic shooting at
one of the collation centres in Takum
Local Government Area of the State, when
the supplementary elections were held on
Saturday.
No number of casualties have been
reported.
Channels Television’s correspondent, Yemi
Kosoko, said the gunshots were heard
after elections have been held.
“News just filtered in that there is a
problem in collation centre in Takum where
the results of elections held in the local
council were being collated. There was
sporadic shooting at the collation centre.
“Apart from that, there are no other
incidents reported so far,” he said.
The supplementary election held in three
registration areas in the local council,
where the April 11 elections were declared
inconclusive .
The Taraba State Resident Electoral
Commissioner (REC), Mr Ahmed Makamma
had confirmed that a run off will be
holding in the governorship election in the
north eastern state after the April 11
elections were declared inconclusive.
Speaking via a telephone interview on
Channels Television’s election monitoring
programme, Nigeria 2015, Mr Makamma
said “there will be a run off between the
person with the highest number of votes
and the person behind him”.
He also confirmed that the candidate of
the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr
Darius Ishiaku, is leading the candidate of
the All Progressives congress (APC), Sen
Aisha Alhassan, “with a margin of about
53,000 votes”.
Mr Makamma also confirmed that the
results from Donga Local Government Area
was cancelled.
“So that makes the election inconclusive,
because if you look at the margin at the
moment is 53, 000 and the number of
cancelled votes is 127, 125, so there will
be a runoff election to determine who the
winner is”, he said.

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by most4luv: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
News reaching me from my homestate is that The PDP has an Excellent case to upturn the Governorship Tribunal's judgement at the court of appeal because Aisha's Petition was NOT ABOUT MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY which the court based it's judgement on but ON FAIRNESS OF THE ELECTION.

THE PETITIONER SUBMITTED A PETITION ON THE CREDIBILITY OF THE ELECTIONS AND NOT ON MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY!

The tribunal delivered a completely different judgement on a non-existent application!

CC: tonyebarcanista and all legal practitioners in the house... Is this True?

Stop assuming, I guess you didn't follow up the Judgment. Aisha Alhassan case is different from INEC's, the judgment was based on INEC. if you he goes Appeal, Aisha will combine her case with INEC's.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by jthingz: 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
THESE TRIBUNALS ARE BECOMING A SHAME
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by sultan457: 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
Montaque:

that I did not read nor comment on that news doesn't make this present one foolproof.
injustice is injustice anywhere, anytime

Then it is not APC fault
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by princdebola201(m): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
billyG:

But supreme court decides Rotimi Ameachi matter as d validly elected gubernatorial flagbearer even if it is a Pre-election matter,so called "pdp's family affair". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ameachi and Omehia case is an intra party case the primary Election was held in Rivers unlike Taraba case where PDP didn't conduct Election in the State.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by ExInferis(m): 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
read it again bro! And stop being partisan!

The bone of contention which spawned your thread is indeed partisan politics. Or how else do you wish to hold a discourse on the judgment between 2 rival political parties without partisanship?
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by beordune(m): 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

True talk.
Now that I think of it...

If INEC considered his emergence as fraudulent, why did they go ahead to print his name and picture for people to thumbprint, why did they even bother with giving him a certificate of return.

The fault lies with INEC who did not follow the electoral act to the later.

I am yet to see the document as read by the judge; I can only think we have a Rotimi Amaechi case of 2007.
Only a competent judge can interpret the law better.

But then again, it is what it is.
#CorruptionConfirmed
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Montaque(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
sultan457:

Then it is not APC fault

Yes ofcourse.
it's my fault and am sorry.

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PMBfirstson(m): 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
Taraba,rivers and akwa ibom, belongs to APC whether you like it or not

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by sultan457: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
Montaque:

Yes ofcourse. it's my fault and am sorry.
Which section of the construction are you quoting?
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by adaweezy(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
News reaching me from my homestate is that The PDP has an Excellent case to upturn the Governorship Tribunal's judgement at the court of appeal because Aisha's Petition was NOT ABOUT MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY which the court based it's judgement on but ON FAIRNESS OF THE ELECTION.

THE PETITIONER SUBMITTED A PETITION ON THE CREDIBILITY OF THE ELECTIONS AND NOT ON MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY!

The tribunal delivered a completely different judgement on a non-existent application!

CC: tonyebarcanista and all legal practitioners in the house... Is this True?
A petition can be about more than one reason
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by sultan457: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
Montaque:

Yes ofcourse. it's my fault and am sorry.
Based on your judgement that APC influence the result m jst making a correction
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by yjgm(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:

I remember GEJ presenting Ishiaku as PDP's candidate, if the tribunal says Ishiaku was not PDP's candidate who then was our candidate?
The tribunal chairman was obviously following a script.
So GEJ nominated PDP'S candidates? Wonder shall never end.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Montaque(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
sultan457:

Which section of the construction are you quoting?
I quoted the electoral Act 2010
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by DTOBS(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
Montaque:

Electoral act 2010. Section 140
Thanks....
It's obvious our judges/Election tribunal panels are not doing enough digging of election related acts to base their judgment...
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by adaweezy(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
Good! This is a PDP affair! Election Tribunals have no jurisdiction on Intra-party affairs!

I know the APC counsel will be like... 'Ah Ah but this was not the application I filed now'... grin

So please NL Members! The case is now pending at the COA with enough grounds to upturn this devlish judgement! Abegi simmer down the celebration! Even Mrs Al-Hassan who's a lawyer herself knows it's not yet time to pop the poppables!
Speaking as a lawyer The tribunals have every business with intra party affairs especially of they are not properly conducted Amaechi vs omehia pdp INEC and or why was Koro given ministerial appointment
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Phame: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
I didn't say the election was credible but that the eligibility of one of the respondents wasn't contained in the petitioners application... and courts work on the contents of an application right?
get us what she presented before the tribunal, then we can say if eligibility was not part of them.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Btruth: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
I didn't say the election was credible but that the eligibility of one of the respondents wasn't contained in the petitioners application... and courts work on the contents of an application right?

......we can't know more than the court, lawyers and the presiding judge now? can we?
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Phame: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

As a matter of personal sentiment and intuition, I don't like Mama Taraba. She's got more bad press and word of mouth.
I smell foulplay on the part of APC.

TY Danjuma and co share in the blame of this outcome if they truly locked out party delegates during the primaries, thereby preventing the presentation of a consensus candidate.

PDP stalwarts should have been the ones crying to high heavens over the ineligibility of Ishaku.

Taraba is a PDP state, and the grounds on which the election was nullified is somewhat watery...

We'll see how that pans out at the COA.
I said it.

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by viktagorion: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
Can you build something on nothing?
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Descartes: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Decibel, are you not a biafraudian ?

Cc :MrMbaM, subway101.

Suleiman Idris, better be careful of your utterances on this board.
Oh!, you're calling on the nairaland resident fraudster subway101 to help you out? You are indeed a professional jester grin grin
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Intendy: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
dustmalik:
grin grin nonsense, as usual
in felas voice baba nla nonsense
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by emmasege: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
tuniski:
Fraud! Apc wants to steal the peoples mandate in a clearly PDP state.
Same thing they want to do in Rivers. Nigeria isn't going to experience true democracy until we do away with all those 'old soldiers' who are being recycled in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Phame: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
If you look at the Taraba Tribunal live updates thread, you'll see that even APC folks didn't quite expect the turnout in favour of Alhassan as witnessed today.

Despite the crowd Jimi pulled in Lagos, it would have been a miracle to see him win.
How much more someone who's squarely hated in Taraba.
how is a former senator who defeated 2 past governors at primaries in that state hated by all? What was the gap between the woman ishaku? Why is she hated? Where in d north do u know? Ever been to jalingo?
This is who you have degenerated to. It is sad.

2 Likes

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Descartes: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

When am I getting my 5k and my daughter, a free meal?

Hahaha haha
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by docadams: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

When am I getting my 5k and my daughter, a free meal?

You sired a child without a source of livelihood? You should be deactivated from mother earth..
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
docadams:

You sired a child without a source of livelihood? You should be deactivated from mother earth..

Your mama toto.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Mogidi: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
[s]
Alphaoscar:

its better you let whatever you inhale clear from your system before coming to the public forum to disgrace yourself. You have been spreading junks all over the politics section since the delivery of this judgement which is very unfortunate. below is the official figure of the Taraba guber election. The same way mizmycoli claimed the people of the hate the strong woman of Tataba when in the actually fact it took the evil machinations of Gen. Danjuma to enable the PDP candidate been declared as the winner of the poll. You guys should always get your facts right abeg.

Channels Television .
Updated April 26, 2015
The Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) has declared the
candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP), Darius Ishaku winner of the Taraba
governorship election.
Mr Ishaku polled 369,318 votes to beat his
closest opponent and candidate of the All
Progressives Congress (APC), Sen Aisha
Alhassan, who polled 275,984 votes.
There were reports of sporadic shooting at
one of the collation centres in Takum
Local Government Area of the State, when
the supplementary elections were held on
Saturday.
No number of casualties have been
reported.
Channels Television’s correspondent, Yemi
Kosoko, said the gunshots were heard
after elections have been held.
“News just filtered in that there is a
problem in collation centre in Takum where
the results of elections held in the local
council were being collated. There was
sporadic shooting at the collation centre.
“Apart from that, there are no other
incidents reported so far,” he said.
The supplementary election held in three
registration areas in the local council,
where the April 11 elections were declared
inconclusive .
The Taraba State Resident Electoral
Commissioner (REC), Mr Ahmed Makamma
had confirmed that a run off will be
holding in the governorship election in the
north eastern state after the April 11
elections were declared inconclusive.
Speaking via a telephone interview on
Channels Television’s election monitoring
programme, Nigeria 2015, Mr Makamma
said “there will be a run off between the
person with the highest number of votes
and the person behind him”.
He also confirmed that the candidate of
the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr
Darius Ishiaku, is leading the candidate of
the All Progressives congress (APC), Sen
Aisha Alhassan, “with a margin of about
53,000 votes”.
Mr Makamma also confirmed that the
results from Donga Local Government Area
was cancelled.
“So that makes the election inconclusive,
because if you look at the margin at the
moment is 53, 000 and the number of
cancelled votes is 127, 125, so there will
be a runoff election to determine who the
winner is”, he said.

[/s]

Mr Ishaku polled 369,318 and Sen Aisha Alhassan polled 275,984 votes, doesn't invalidate my assertion that PDP won the election did it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 PDP Governors In Private Meeting With APC For Buhari , Says Okorocha / Evidence Of Peter Obi's Savings in Anambra State by Reno Omokri / Pictures Of Peter Obi On His Way To His Polling Unit In Agulu, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.