Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. (36677 Views)

Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos) / Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassanā€Ž Winner / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Ikiriye(m): 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
IyaIode:

How can election be credible when the winner wasn't eligible
Was that the motion brought to the tribunal,let me tell you there are certain kind of revenge that brings Shame to someone,most of this tribunal judgement will be turned down.the shame goes to apc.thank God the tribunal is not a court that it's verdict stands.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by bashydemy(m): 4:17am On Nov 08, 2015
PRYCE:
Furck off this thread! I need sane people with good replies on my threads please... Not your ilk! Thanks!
He gave you a good point nonsense as usual, PDP got it wrong in Taraba this time around, holding primary in Abuja instead of jalingo is a strong evidence they are not to be a participant on that election
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by bashydemy(m): 4:21am On Nov 08, 2015
PRYCE:
I didn't say the election was credible but that the eligibility of one of the respondents wasn't contained in the petitioners application... and courts work on the contents of an application right?
Exactly what he is telling you, Darius is not eligible according to the electoral act and that will be used against him in the appellate court..
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by ekeneidiagbor: 6:16am On Nov 08, 2015
Mogidi:

I don't think the governor needs to be ruffled at all. Its on record INEC accepted the PDP's candidate, only the appeal court could decide this case.

Its a clear case of a partisan judicial system.

Let's see what happens at the court of appeal. That is if they have not compromised too.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by cronsberg: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

As a matter of personal sentiment and intuition, I don't like Mama Taraba. She's got more bad press and word of mouth.
I smell foulplay on the part of APC.

TY Danjuma and co share in the blame of this outcome if they truly locked out party delegates during the primaries, thereby preventing the presentation of a consensus candidate.

PDP stalwarts should have been the ones crying to high heavens over the ineligibility of Ishaku.

Taraba is a PDP state, and the grounds on which the election was nullified is somewhat watery...

We'll see how that pans out at the COA.
Tell the truth you liar. You don't like her because she is a muslim and not because of anything. Like it or not, she is now your governor

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Dannie2015(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
I don't see any gud judgement coming out of all d cases taken to d appelate courts or by extension d supreme court. He who pays d piper dictates d tune in ds country. Ds country sucks
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by feeloscar(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
PRYCE:
News reaching me from my homestate is that The PDP has an Excellent case to upturn the Governorship Tribunal's judgement at the court of appeal because Aisha's Petition was NOT ABOUT MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY which the court based it's judgement on but ON FAIRNESS OF THE ELECTION.

THE PETITIONER SUBMITTED A PETITION ON THE CREDIBILITY OF THE ELECTIONS AND NOT ON MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY!

The tribunal delivered a completely different judgement on a non-existent application!

CC: tonyebarcanista and all legal practitioners in the house... Is this True?
I am not a PDP fan but if what you said as per delivering judgement on a non-existent application is true, then it's obvious the Appeal court will overturn the judgement based on the fact that the tribunal is not a Father Christmas that gives out gifts even when you've not requested for any. You must request for gala before gala and only gala will be given to you. You don't expect the tribunal to give you an orange when you've requested for gala.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Gbawe: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2015
@OP.

The opinions of legal experts on the Taraba judgement now coming in. Read one below yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/2723978/legal-examination-judgment-taraba-state#39834947
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by billyG(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
princdebola201:

Ameachi and Omehia case is an intra party case the primary Election was held in Rivers unlike Taraba case where PDP didn't conduct Election in the State.
They didnt meet Inec deadline 4 submission of candidate dnt ask me how they scale thru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Beg To Join EFCC Fund Recovery Unit ( See Tweets ) / 7 PDP Governors In Private Meeting With APC For Buhari , Says Okorocha / Evidence Of Peter Obi's Savings in Anambra State by Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.