Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373806 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 09, 2015
bulldoza:

Eya

He dumped you abi? sad
Lolzzzz. Not me. I know about their "rules and regulations"...so i don't go close.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by LinuxMint: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2015
shejane:
Stop wasting ur time with JW pple... They are brainwashed . For ur own good nd benefit stay away from them please, is not healthy.. Let God alone judge them in the end.... I learnt mine in the hard way to stay away from them and am still keeping that..
u better search for d truth so dat it Will set u free...

ur staying away from them wount prevent thousands from listening to dem ... n becoming one...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by mitchyy(f): 6:26am On Nov 09, 2015
Chumzylove:
as in eeh before I used to listen to them but they're something else their ladies that I know flirt a lot, the girl my husband dated said over her dead body will she marry out of her Faith even after using these delicate word she wouldn't let him

It's so amazing to know you have met every single lady who is a member of Jehovah's Witnesses for you to draw that conclusion. If you read the op's list of facts, we mentioned that we sin too. We are not perfect. So judging an entire group of over 7 million persons with the act of one or two persons is just absurd and ridiculous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by mitchyy(f): 6:29am On Nov 09, 2015
Donvitalis:

The guy that studies with me initiates prayers before we do any other thing.

Thanks for sharing this. People only believe widespread misconception about us without finding out the truth themselves.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by mitchyy(f): 6:31am On Nov 09, 2015
shejane:
Stop wasting ur time with JW pple... They are brainwashed . For ur own good nd benefit stay away from them please, is not healthy.. Let God alone judge them in the end.... I learnt mine in the hard way to stay away from them and am still keeping that..

We are more than eager to see Jehovah's judgment than you think. Then the truth will shine smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 09, 2015
Alani86:

Oh I see! Do you mean I sounded strange or ambiguous? And is the "Lol" really for me or you?
c u later, abeg am in 7am clas alrdy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2015
Before the end of the week im going to become a publisher. With so many worldly challenges of serving Jehovah,how happy I am! smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Efrankbblog(f): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2015
Hey guys listen up. What more do you want to know about us ''Jehovah's Witnesses''?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by fridayj(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2015
pls tell me promptly someone that would pledge and sing the national anthem of his country..is dat a sin.... i cant. imagine the position of such.. intelligent. bt stil ignorance..i advice wtout ur country u are nothing..better stil be faithful rather than factful, be humble... resolve frm been differ..or watching d screen its. tricks few among are real . in his grace i'm a friend nt servant. well in his love i 'm a disciple...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 7:34am On Nov 09, 2015
makavele:

No we cant and don't be decieved no one cant . . for even the Bible said
whther there are gift of prophesying, they would cease
whether gifts of speaking in tongues, they would cease
whether gifts of dreams, they would cease . . .

so everyting ceased after the pentecost . . pls remind me to provide the bible verses for your reading when i am home
just in case u dont belive me sir/ma

thank you

Lol , bro

Am actually been sarcastic with that question , cos the guy said witnesses dont have the holyspirit since they dont speak gibberish they called tongues "

So I asked him if he can speak in foreign tongues like the apostles ? I know they cant , cos they are fake grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by simpleseyi: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2015
major466:
Jehovah witness for example do not believe that Jesus Christ is GOD. To them Jesus Christ is a created being just like arch Angel Micheal. This belief is contrary to John1:1.

Can you see why we Muslims laugh at you church goers? You just said that Jesus Christ is God. Allah forgive me for tying that rubbish. Jesus himself will deny you on the judgement day. Because Jesus never said that he was God. If any of Jesus disciples had said that after the death of Jesus, then Jesus will deny such a disciple. So, if you have any Bible passage that says that Jesus is God, then both the writer of the passage and the believers of such passage will be denied by Jesus on the judgement day. Jesus never said he was God or god.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by charlesucheh(m): 7:42am On Nov 09, 2015
Efrankbblog:

Source:efrankb

what about your notion on the death of christ? You all claimed; christ wasn't crucified, true or false? And if the later is your answer, then I'll know screws have been loosed in the head of every jehovah witness and will continue ignoring their preaching and collecting the awake magazines which for now to me, is the only interesting thing about the church.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deandean: 7:43am On Nov 09, 2015
gasgenius:

In John 8:58, Jesus tells the Pharisees, "Before Abraham was, I am."
He claimed to be the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14, which is God Almighty.
My broda,u certainly re right with those quotations,but even simple english defy ur interpretation,note dat there re 2 "i ams" in exodus3:14,
Of cos d first has no connection 2 d revealed name(second "I AM),if e were usin pidgin e could as well av said,i b d "I AM".
Same with john 8:58,it was just part of a statement,other translations used "i av been",or "i existed".which still delivers d same message of his pre-existence
Bros,b4 i became a witness,i was a talented contructive argumentator,with seeming evidence n quotations,but believe me.they av d truth,bible translation on its
Own has derailed many.imagine sum1 d clergy wu hide d bible frm common ppl 4 many centuries,claimin its message is nt 4 general ownership,but sum(like William tyndale,john wycliff) discoverin they av concealed d truth frm d common ppl n taught dem lies nt found in d bible den decides to translate d bible to a common lang n make it available to all,only to b burned alive by d same clergy.after many centuries n press frm many,d clergy reluctantly agrees to translate d bible,tell me, wat do u think wuld influence d translation wrk,a desire to share d truth or an attempt to maintain d doctrinal status quo.considerin u n i av no access nor understand d original languages.that is y Jehovah's witnesses seem nt to make sense to u sumtimes,because whr ur even quotin frm had been doctored by d powers dat b( translators wrkin 4 d clergy).do u knw jehovah's witnesses av printed n available a wrd 4 wrd translation of d bible,with d original lang on one side n d translation with reference on d other side.bringin d truth to u undiluted,never doctored,never twisted to meet our doctrines.if they do nt undstd,they simply say so in our publications.talk abt humility
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Wenom: 7:52am On Nov 09, 2015
Efrankbblog:
Thanks folks for this positive remark about us. it give me more strength and joy to continue the work that God has give us.... Thanks ones again
...bros,ur spellings and grammar ehn,nor be here o!! grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by charlesucheh(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2015
EVILFOREST:
I WITNESS JEHOVAH but am not a member.
I LOVE them so much because,
---Of all the CHRISTAIN denominations....
They are the MOST Enlightened, Educated, Exposed.
It is usually difficult to SPOT the Illiterates among them.

They train their KIDS to be resourceful in future
They are good at PUBLIC SPEAKING.
They dress modest.
They rarely give in, to the changes of the new age.

They study the BIBLE more than any other denomination.

Above all they have the BEST EVANGELISM network, involving both the rich and the poor. (youngest and oldest)
Their CLERGYMEN talk cautiously, unlike many others who talk back at the congregation carelessly.
Never MONEY driven nor conscious.

I always entertained them right from my CHILDHOOD and I have learnt a lot.
I just wish I can worship GOD, the way they do.
MOST times I feel ashamed as a christain when I see them.
I see them as CHRISTAIN EXTREMISTS.
I hope to pay them a visit soonest.

I Love them.
All what you highlighted can be summed as Religious Docility. Am happy to be free from the shackles of Dogmatism that would make me see the transfusion of blood to save lives as a sin against GOD. To me, the group jehovah witness has too much trait of the Dark age that would want to make me take to my heels whenever I see them, but not without collecting their well researched and compiled AWAKE Magazine.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Adeboyefa(f): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2015
major466:
Jehovah witness for example do not believe that Jesus Christ is GOD. To them Jesus Christ is a created being just like arch Angel Micheal. This belief is contrary to John1:1.
How come Jesus called his Father "the only true God" @ John 17:3? Jesus and God are one just as husband and wife are "one flesh". A human couple are separate individuals and the husband is the head of his wife. God is separate from Jesus (or God won't have resurrected him from the dead) and "the head of Christ is God" (1 Corinthians 11:3).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by LinuxMint: 8:10am On Nov 09, 2015
fridayj:
pls tell me promptly someone that would pledge and sing the national anthem of his country..is dat a sin.... i cant. imagine the position of such.. intelligent. bt stil ignorance..i advice wtout ur country u are nothing..better stil be faithful rather than factful, be humble... resolve frm been differ..or watching d screen its. tricks few among are real . in his grace i'm a friend nt servant. well in his love i 'm a disciple...

“National anthems are expressions of patriotic feeling and often include an invocation for divine guidance and protection of the people or their rulers,” says The Encyclopedia Americana. A national anthem is, in effect, a hymn or a prayer in behalf of a nation. It usually asks that the nation experience material prosperity and long duration.

I am going to highlight some reasons why we Jehovah's witnesses do not sing the anthem nor pledge neither salute d flag...
but note that we place high regards on obeying the rules of the nation except in things contrary to the bible.

1) The national anthem is a commitment to the world n glorifying it... but did u take note of 1John 5:19? Who is the ruler of these worlds government? Satan of course... remember the templation he gave to Jesus showing him the kingdom of the world n its glory...... if It never belonged to him, Jesus would have said so, instead Jesus replied othewise.... n also, The Scriptures say that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one” and “is passing away.” (1 John 2:17)
How, then, can true Christians conscientiously pray for the prosperity and longevity of such a system/goverment controlled by Satan?

2) National anthems often express feelings of national pride or superiority.. Remember the apostle Peter said: “God is not partial,” “but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”—Acts 10:34, 35.
So hw would Jehovah promote a such a thought of pride that ones nation is better off than another? remember he is not partial..

3) Remember the 3 hebrew boys in babylon who were asked to honour their king, they refused... what does that imply? Our worship today is directed to Jehovah alone and not to an individual or to a nation.. "You must worship only Jehovah ur God, n it is to him alone you must render sacred service" - Jesus said...
The apostle Paul admonished fellow Christians: “My beloved ones, flee from idolatry.” (1 Corinthians 10:14) The early Christians did not participate in acts of worship of the State.. so it is with true Christians today. In order to render Jehovah exclusive devotion, they refrain from saluting the flag of any nation. By doing so, they put God first while maintaining respect for governments and their rulers. Indeed, they recognize their responsibility to be in subjection to the governmental “superior authorities.” (Romans 13:1-7)

4) Finally, on what other circumstances is the national anthem n flag worship take place outside sch, offices etc? it happens in warfront! raising the flag high up in battles.. How do you think Jehovah view war? is he in support of it? wat abt in football when d anthem is sang, on whose side will Jehovah be, when he says he is an impartial God n does not promote the spirit of competitiveness?

think abt that sir...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by stave9ja(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2015
if 800k convert every year how come you are only 8m in the world all this years

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by haiebeacay(m): 8:22am On Nov 09, 2015
fridayj:
Why claim sectionality over land demarcation, Are we not all from a common source? We as Jehovah's witnesses believe land demarcation that separate countries is just like land demarcation that separate plots of land. We do not build fence but bridge with our bricks, So nothing like country home but earth home. So no allegience to our country but to the whole earth and the allegience is not to worship but make the world the ideal home of man just as Jehovah made it to be.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by LinuxMint: 8:29am On Nov 09, 2015
charlesucheh:
All what you highlighted can be summed as Religious Docility. Am happy to be free from the shackles of Dogmatism that would make me see the transfusion of blood to save lives as a sin against GOD. To me, the group jehovah witness has too much trait of the Dark age that would want to make me take to my heels whenever I see them, but not without collecting their well researched and compiled AWAKE Magazine.
Did you forget the fact that Jehovah gave a straight law regarding the use of blood in time past to the Israelites? Deuteronomy 12:16, Leviticus 7:26

Did u also recall that apostle paul warned the early christains abt the intake of blood? Acts 15:20-29

Note this that Jehovah's witnesses cherish n respect life 100%.

In dire situations like blood transfusion, a person can go to xtreme measures to save his life, even accepting blood transfusion!!!. but remember Matthew 16:25 "For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it"..

there is a reassuring hope that even if we loose our life due to our clear stand in refusing transfusion, Jehovah by meanse of his son Jesus christ, will bring us back to life... John 5:28 & 29, Acts 24:15..

think abt it sir..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by fridayj(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2015
pls sir. do u people all these? the isrealite live as nation with God right frm time an christ came through dt nation.....tell is there allengce btw ds ple to their country or nt...so u are nt special..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Mclovin4(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2015
hmmmm2015:

About the Beth Sarim...just google search it ehn.so u see nufin is hidden its on Google.
And just to show yoou barely know anything you think that JW is based upon Charles Russell a lot have change bro
Am not for argument bt get your facts right.

You are very funny with your response. I think Russell and Rutherford had clear knowledge about the fact that no one knows the exact day the world world would end yet went about preaching this umbilical doctrine. You are yet to answer my question on Charles Russell and Rutherford. Did you even know that Rutherford died in your so called "Beth Sarim" expecting Jesus and the patriarchs would come live in the house your organisation has built for them? Is very laughable that your organisation keeps this dirty history from devoted members like you . Have you even laid your hands on Charles Taze Russell's "The finished mystery" he even claimed you won't have the proper knowledge of the bible if you don't read it. Don't bother going to your headquarters in Pennsylvania to look for it, the internet or Library of Congress would be of good help. Bro, get knowledge and be liberated. Your zeal amounts to nothing if you keep denying the deity of Christ. God bless you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by makavele: 9:09am On Nov 09, 2015
Jessicha:

Lol , bro

Am actually been sarcastic with that question , cos the guy said witnesses dont have the holyspirit since they dont speak gibberish they called tongues "

So I asked him if he can speak in foreign tongues like the apostles ? I know they cant , cos they are fake grin

Yes i know, and i wanted to include his own original post too . . but it didn't
i was actually quoting both your reply and his.
Thanks anyway
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by LinuxMint: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2015
fridayj:
pls sir. do u people all these? the isrealite live as nation with God right frm time an christ came through dt nation.....tell is there allengce btw ds ple to their country or nt...so u are nt special..
sir, in other words, u r saying that God is in direct control of this present world since he did dat in d times of d ancient Israel?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 09, 2015
Efrankbblog:

Source:efrankb

I just thought I should make a small correction. We do not have a President. What we have is a Governing Body with six different committees. There is no President. This is in line with the pattern set by “the apostles and elders in Jerusalem” in the first century, who made important decisions on behalf of the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15:2)

Read more here http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/governing-body/
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars:

Dats a lie

Tell me 1 of their doctrines and were it contradicts the bible

I will tell u urz and hw it contradicts d bible

Bros.....by now you should know you are not to get drawn into pointless arguments. This sort of guys are to be ignored.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by mitchyy(f): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2015
Ganoderma:

I just thought I should make a small correction. We do not have a President. What we have is a Governing Body with six different committees. There is no President. This is in line with the pattern set by “the apostles and elders in Jerusalem” in the first century, who made important decisions on behalf of the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15:2)

I was about correcting that as well. Dear brothers and sisters, let's be certain with every information we share to avoid confusing others about our beliefs and the way our work is being carried out.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by fridayj(m): 10:01am On Nov 09, 2015
may be i should answer u this way..who made kings an rulers..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 09, 2015
major466:

But how can you say Jesus is God when He himself said on more than one occasion that he was sent by the Father? Or did you forget what happened when Jesus got baptized in Mathew 3:16 and 17.
The declaration by God was Crystal clear. "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved".

The confusion of John 1:1 actually arose from errors in Translation. If you were oppourtuned to grab a hold of the Original Greek Transcript of John 1:1 you would notice that the reference actually uses two different transliterations for the word "God" The first seems to address a superior God while the other seems to refer to another god but of lesser significance that the first.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by nifton(m): 10:13am On Nov 09, 2015
Ganoderma:

He may be talking abt the president of watchtower bible and tract society.The man is not quite known by many ie Leon Weaver Jnr.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2015
naughtynaughty:
thank u jare. Jehova witness kor..pple dt don't bliv in hell. Abeeggiii

When you say Hell, we beleive that hell is the grave that men go to when they die.

However we do not believe that God has reserved a burning place where he would put evil men. This teaching is actually blasphemous and brings reproach on Gods name. As to the act of burning humans in fire the book of Jeremiah 32 verse 35 tells us how God feels about it. I would quote it here for the world to see. You can choose to read it later:

Jer 32:35 - Furthermore, they built the high places of Baʹal in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to make their sons and their daughters pass through the fire to Moʹlech, something that I had not commanded them and that had never come into my heart to do such a detestable thing, causing Judah to sin.’

If God considered it detestable at this point to burn humans in Fire and men had already started sinning a very long time ago, then at what point did God begin to find it desirable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.