Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372989 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
TATIME:

Israelites were to destroy those who refused to leave their land because Abraham has paid the price of that land in full to the original inhabitants of Canaan! Genesis 23:17,18
But whoever makes peace with the Israelites will be allowed to stay in any of the land of Canaan as none citizens. Joshua 2:1-13,6:24,25
Go and see the psychiatrist now before it's too late because you're gradually loosing your sanity!!

Since Israelites killing/murdering people because they don't worship the same God with you isn't racism then singing national anthem isn't racism.

You are a very big liar. Abraham only paid for land to bury his dead wife. You want to turn Bible upside down so you will give excuse for the killings done by the Israelites. Lol.

See someone that says another person needs psychiatrist is justifying murder done by an ethnic group yet says singing national anthem is racism. Lol

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
zodiakzax:

It was nice that you edited your first reply but doesn't matter, you said i have no proof that it was a continues speech by Yahweh? undecided undecided undecided such a stupid claim because obviously I didn't write the bible and certainly did not write Isaiah 48. Isaiah wrote down what Yahweh said from 48. Yahweh is the speaker from beginning to end. So why do you want to imply that Yahweh sent Someone else when the speaker was Yahweh? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

You were not taught how to defend this so you are making a fool out of yourself, you see how brainwashed you've become that you lack critical thinking..

Where is OneJ.. I'm waiting.....hope you havnt gone to burn down your organization..

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Lol I no fit laff. You want to judge people yet you have worse plans.
Weapons of war and dirty politics lol.
Next time accuse non jws and you will see that you are not even different.

A Normal human being will never think like you. Just read what you typed a Normal human being will never type something like this.

Someone that thinks that his jehovah will slaughter people because they refused to join watchtower organization and obey the teaching of the self appointed governing body members who say they are uninspired and fallible and can err in doctrinal matters and organizational direction isn't a Normal human being. Kpele.

grin grin grin grin..I'm following you bruv... reveal more to us... never knew about some of this...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Since Israelites killing/murdering people because they don't worship the same God with you isn't racism then singing national anthem isn't racism.

You are a very big liar. Abraham only paid for land to bury his dead wife. You want to turn Bible upside down so you will give excuse for the killings done by the Israelites. Lol.

See someone that says another person needs psychiatrist is justifying murder done by an ethnic group yet says singing national anthem is racism. Lol

That's how they are taught, that's what they do, a normal person seeking truth will humble himself, research and find out truth for himself. Only fools reject knowledge..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin..I'm following you bruv... reveal more to us... never knew about some of this...

Just watch out he will soon come and lie about the bible.
Jws have black and white thinking. Eg
He said being a Jw makes you not carry weapons of war or engage in dirty politics. I showed him how the people in their religion dream of carrying weapons of war and engage in dirty politics he started screaming demons.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
zodiakzax:

That's how they are taught, that's what they do, a normal person seeking truth will humble himself, research and find out truth for himself. Only fools reject knowledge..

If you think otherwise, reject their leaders views or have a different opinion, they teach that you should be disfellowshipped and shunned. Your family members and friends will stop talking to you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

If you think otherwise, reject their leaders views or have a different opinion, they teach that you should be disfellowshipped and shunned. Your family members and friends will stop talking to you.

Really? Wow.. that's insane.... ohh so that's the fear they harbour poor tormented souls....

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Israeludoudo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Am Not surpprise About Your Popularity Because I Know Your Mission Is To Lead Men To Destruction And Yet The Devil Knowing This Seems To Use You Mightily To Destroy The Body Of Christ. My God deliver His People From Your Hands
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
“The Lord said: I do not receive honor from men. But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. {The Watchtower}
How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
{Jude 1:9} But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!
How Can Michael be Jesus, when Michael couldn't rebuke Lucifer but said the Lord rebuke you?
{Luke 4:1-13}"And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’
Jesus rebuked Lucifer the devil in the desert, and Michael couldn't rebuke a follow angel, Lucifer was the first born of Heaven. They called him the light bearer.
{Hebrews 1:6-8} And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all God’s angels worship Him.”
{Michael didn't worship himself-he worship Jesus} Now about the angels He says: “He makes His angels winds, His servants flames of fire.” But about the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom.…
{Hebrews 1:13-14} But to which of the angels did God ever say: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet”? Are not the angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?…
So you are mistaken, If you had read the scriptures, Jesus knew the thoughts of men, He made sure He wrote Hebrews so the world knows He is not an angel! "Michael did not come to earth as Jesus-but Jesus came to earth as Emanuel meaning-With Us is God! "Michael is not God!
TATIME:
You just like arguing my friend. When i said some religious groups are saying something, of course my own also will say our own!
So whatever any religious group say for now is not what anyone can stop until Jesus Himself comes to tell us who is right and who is wrong. What i'm saying is everyone should be free to express themselves until the King comes to pass the judgment. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we believe God created angels in heaven and humans on earth. Psalms 115:16 The first Angel to be created is Jesus (Michael) and the first man was Adam. While Michael participated in creating all other heavenly beings. Proverbs 8:22-31
Adam was given the responsibility to reproduce and fill the earth. Genesis 1:28
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
wow tat sure talks a lot of bull
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
TATIME:

I was a Muslim before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses

yes i know, you left one false faith to go to another false faith

you believed The Word Jesus Christ was not God
and you still believe the Word Jesus Christ is not God

you never believed God
and you still don't believe God

you are your god satans people
you are your god satans church

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
TATIME:

So if you're dwelling on the mistakes of modern day imperfect men leading God's people,know today that it has always been like that in ancient times. Due to the fact that God is guiding them by his spirit while they are imperfect creatures, they're still prone to errors . But they fulfils the scriptures which says "all humans are sinners" (prone to errors) Romans 3:23 compared to Romans 7:13-25
So they'll humbly admit their mistakes and make amendments whenever they notice it.

of course you satans people cannot stop lying
you bull goes on and on and on, tat

you have been given bible verses showing that the Word Jesus is God
show links to where you have humbly admitted your mistakes

you have been shown bible verses that YAHWEH and Jesus is the same one God

you have been shown with bible verses that there are not two god's a almighty god and a mighty god
but that they are two names for the one God

you have been shown from bible verses that the Lord's body was raised

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 12:01am On Nov 19, 2018
brocab:
“The Lord said: I do not receive honor from men. But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. {The Watchtower}
How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
{Jude 1:9} But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!
How Can Michael be Jesus, when Michael couldn't rebuke Lucifer but said the Lord rebuke you?
{Luke 4:1-13}"And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’
Jesus rebuked Lucifer the devil in the desert, and Michael couldn't rebuke a follow angel, Lucifer was the first born of Heaven. They called him the light bearer.
{Hebrews 1:6-8} And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all God’s angels worship Him.”
{Michael didn't worship himself-he worship Jesus} Now about the angels He says: “He makes His angels winds, His servants flames of fire.” But about the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom.…
{Hebrews 1:13-14} But to which of the angels did God ever say: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet”? Are not the angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?…
So you are mistaken, If you had read the scriptures, Jesus knew the thoughts of men, He made sure He wrote Hebrews so the world knows He is not an angel! "Michael did not come to earth as Jesus-but Jesus came to earth as Emanuel meaning-With Us is God! "Michael is not God!
Revelation 12 :7-9
And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.
Daniel 12:1-2
During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book. 2 And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt
These Michael here points to Jesus Bro..The Archangel the commander of Jehovah's Army
2 Thessalonians 1:7
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:09am On Nov 19, 2018
TATIME:
I was a Muslim before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses today,it's the good works and fine fruits of the organization that caught my attention!
Well if you were really searching for Jesus you would have had found Him!
TATIME:

So Jesus said "let those who are filty (but refused to change) continue in their filth and let the holy remain holy" Revelations 22:11
You are mistaken-Jesus said: come follow Me, you don't follow Jesus, but Jehovah alone-So you stay fifty, you were once in your pit, and you jump into another pit of hell..
{John 3:3} Jesus said to him: “Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
I would believe you, if you said: Jehovah and Allah are one and the same gods..
TATIME:
You can argue and continue arguing bitterly upon something that the owner has already declared HIS stand.
"I'm coming quickly and my reward is with me to give each person according to his(or her) deeds" Revelations 22:12
NO human can judge for HIM!
So Jesus said "let those who are filty (but refused to change) continue in their filth and let the holy remain holy" Revelations 22:11
I was a Muslim before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses today,it's the good works and fine fruits of the organization that caught my attention! Therefore i believe it will make more sense if you guys can just point to another religious group claiming Christians that is producing FINE FRUITS or GOOD WORKS(Matthew 13:18-23, Galatians 5:22,23 & James 2:24-26) because if what both Apostle Paul, James and Jesus Himself said is anything to go by, Jehovah's Witnesses have gotten it all.
They've made over 8millions drop weapons and never ready to learn wars again. Isaiah 2:2-4, Micah 4:1-3
They've made a global lovely family. John 13:35,17:21-23
They've made marriages stronger than ever when most religious title chiefs are divorcé. Ephesians 5:33
They've been able to turn the minds of all members of the organization against this world's politics when most religious groups are suffering calamities due to the dirty game called POLITICS. Matthew 4:8-11 compared to John 6:15
They're the ONLY group that have conquered racism in all it's facets because they're following the teaching of Jesus who can't become prejudiced due to family ties with unbelievers but strongly attached to those having the same faith with Him. Matthew 12:46-50 compared to John 17:8,9
They were able to change even me a hot tempered individual due to my background,into a peacemaker (Matthew 5:9) calm and well behaved with deep respect,and now i goes our to preach and teach others how to put on the new (Christlike) personality! Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:10
So if you can't point to any other religious group that's meeting with these requirements, then you're all just exactly what Apostle Paul described in his first letter to the Corinthians "1Corinthians 13:1-13"
God bless you. wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2018
TATIME:

This is why you have stylishly became a member of none~denominational,because you can't see any other religious group that's producing the FRUIT expected of true Christians. cheesy cheesy cheesy

that's true of me, i'm non denominational because some denominational churches have flaws in doctrines
i can't say all do because i don't know all

but i do know that the false jw church witch teaches that:
the Word is "a god" hence "a false god"
and that teaches there are two gods a almighty god and a mighty god
and that teaches Christ's body was not raised,

i do know that is the church of satan

you pharisee false jw's are of your father the devil

@bold, witch teachers ha ha, you are

laughing fool tatime:

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2018
{Hebrews 1:13-14} But to which of the angels did God ever say: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet”?
Hmm... let's not be sentimental about this.. this account relates Jesus with the other Angels No doubt and letting us know that he was glorified than the Angels upon returning to Heaven
Hebrews 2: 9 says:
But we do see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels, now crowned with glory and honor for having suffered death, so that by God’s undeserved kindness he might taste death for everyone

Psalms 8:5 and 6 says
You made him a little lower than godlike ones,And you crowned him with glory and splendor. 6 You gave him dominion over the works of your hands;You have put everything under his feet
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:23am On Nov 19, 2018
{Matthew 24:27} So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.
{Like the JW's believe and do} For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
{It's quite funny, you argue the fact's Jehovah is coming back at the end of time, and now you are claiming it's Michael, you are mistaken, the Word of God said: the Son of man is coming back, when we see these signs at the end of this age}
{2 Thessalonians 1:6-7}God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.{Which concerns Michael who is one powerful angel, Jesus said: with His powerful angels-Meaning many..}
As we can see Jesus is coming with His angels-'it's a big gap between Jesus and Michael..
Crysthaniel:

Revelation 12 :7-9
And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.
Daniel 12:1-2
During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book. 2 And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt
These Michael here points to Jesus Bro..The Archangel the commander of Jehovah's Army
2 Thessalonians 1:7
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 12:35am On Nov 19, 2018
brocab:
{Matthew 24:27} So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. {Like the JW's do} For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
{It's quite funny, you argue the fact's Jehovah is coming back at the end of time, and now you are claiming it's Michael, you are mistaken, the Word of God said: the Son of man is coming back, when we see these signs at the end of this age}
{2 Thessalonians 1:6-7}God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
As we can see Jesus is coming with His angels-'it's a big gap between Jesus and Michael..
Yes no doubts about the Day of Jehovah..
Jehovah will use Jesus Christ his chief Angel to Execute his Judgement Read what 1corinthians 15:24-28 says:
Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 12:41am On Nov 19, 2018
Revelation 12:7 Michael and his Angels

2 Thessalonians 1:7 Jesus and his powerful Angels
.this is what The Bible says.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an ARCHANGEL'S voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.

Jude verses 9 refers to Michael as the Archangel
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:48am On Nov 19, 2018
{1 Corinthians 15:24-28} Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
For he “has put everything under his feet.”Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
It doesn't mention anything about Michael, only the Son Jesus! is there anything would you like to add to these scriptures, then if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
{And I suppose when Judgement day comes-Michael the son of the most high Jehovah-is sitting on his throne judging you?-This is not bible teaching, your teaching is comic book fantasize teaching! Russell and Smith came out from among the Seven day Adventist and taught the lies and wonders of men, rather them the truth of God!!}
Crysthaniel:

Yes no doubts about the Day of Jehovah..
Jehovah will use Jesus Christ his chief Angel to Execute his Judgement Read what 1corinthians 15:24-28 says:
Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:57am On Nov 19, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The good works is wishing 8 billion non jws to be slaughtered by your jehovah so 8 million Jw will step on their dead bodies in their imaginary upcoming new system

and live in the best of the non false jw's houses
such evil coverters they are
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:04am On Nov 19, 2018
TATIME:

Hellooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

laughing fool false jw tat ,you taking after a tele preacher

first muslim, then false jw, and now folks it's tat time with false preacher tat
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:04am On Nov 19, 2018
Are you on drugs? Because the stuff you come up with, is someone who's tripping-you haven't the slightest idea who Jesus is, when the end of the age comes, repent and be ready for Christ, to save you from the wrath of God that is coming against you..
Crysthaniel:
Revelation 12:7 Michael and his Angels

2 Thessalonians 1:7 Jesus and his powerful Angels
.this is what The Bible says.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an ARCHANGEL'S voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.

Jude verses 9 refers to Michael as the Archangel
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:10am On Nov 19, 2018
Crysthaniel:

cotradiction there false jw cry

Jesus is Jehovah

YAHWEH
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Jesus
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

YAHWEH
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Jesus
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

YAHWEH
Deu 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Incidentally, see at Deut 17:14 God is referred to as a mighty God, and we know that God is also referred to as Almighty God, they are not two gods, a mighty god and an almighty God as false jw say.

YAHWEH
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus
Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

YAHWEH
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Jesus
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

YAHWEH
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jesus
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

YAHWEH-Jesus was pierced

YAHWEH
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Jesus
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:35am On Nov 19, 2018
TATIME:

COME AND BEAT YOU
My friend, why is your mind so full of bitterness and fearfulness ? Hebrew 10:26,27, Luke 6:45
I'm suspecting you're experiencing what Jesus foretold regarding the figurative house that was cleansed and because it was NOT filled with GOOD THINGS, seven more wicked demons came back with the first demon that was driven out and the end of the person became worse than his beginning. Matthew 12:43-45
I can't ask you to go anywhere else because you've known the truth already, you really need to fill your mind with new things and forget about Jehovah's Witnesses otherwise you can't think like a normal person again. undecided undecided
Please try and see the elders of the nearest congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to help you so that you can regain sanity. James 5:13-15
Go now and do that because from the look of things you're gradually loosing your mind embarassed embarassed embarassed

false jw tat you have no honest replies so you come back with bull
in most every post
false accusations-lies is false jw's only response

there are scores of other verses describing false jw
but that one says it so well of you

TATIME: forget about Jehovah's Witnesses

TATIME: see the elders of the nearest congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

laughing fool tatime you are so confused and speak bull because nothing else resides in you
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:44am On Nov 19, 2018
TATIME:

Israelites were to destroy those who refused to leave their land because Abraham has paid the price of that land in full to the original inhabitants of Canaan! Genesis 23:17,18
But whoever makes peace with the Israelites will be allowed to stay in any of the land of Canaan as none citizens. Joshua 2:1-13,6:24,25
Go and see the psychiatrist now before it's too late because you're gradually loosing your sanity!!

false jw tat, lying and demeaning another makes you feel better
but more than that, it's satans way
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:00am On Nov 19, 2018
Crysthaniel:
{Hebrews 1:13-14} But to which of the angels did God ever say: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet”?

hebrew 1, the Father is clearly showing that Jesus is not an angel
which is as clear as mud to satans false jw church and python man cry

if Jesus was an angel then His Father would have to be an angel also

the Word Jesus created all things which includes the angels
there were no angelic beings before the Word Jesus Christ created them
oh duh
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:04am On Nov 19, 2018
streuth with pointing out just some of the false jw lies being posted
i haven't had time to do even brief posts on:

1. Jesus is God
2. almight and mighty God are not two gods
3. Jesus body was raised

but they will come, not to help satans church
but to show them up for who they are
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 4:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Crysthaniel:
Hmm... let's not be sentimental about this.. this account relates Jesus with the other Angels No doubt and letting us know that he was glorified than the Angels upon returning to Heaven
Hebrews 2: 9 says:
But we do see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels, now crowned with glory and honor for having suffered death, so that by God’s undeserved kindness he might taste death for everyone

Psalms 8:5 and 6 says
You made him a little lower than godlike ones,And you crowned him with glory and splendor. 6 You gave him dominion over the works of your hands;You have put everything under his feet

undecided undecided undecided He is better not greater than the Angels. Great means in position or authority but better means nature. No human is better than the other because we are of the same nature but Your president is greater than you because he has authority over you...Jesus is not an angel and that is blasphemy. So if the bible clearly says Jesus is not an angel why do you want to say he's an angel
. He was made lower than angels because he became man, God became man and having a nature which is lower than angels but after that God gave Him His own glory He had with God (john 17). YAHWEH said i don't share my glory with any one (Isaiah 48:11) yet shares it with Jesus.. seems you don't regard Yahwehs talk about Himself and that's your problem. If God says I don't give this or share this or He's alone this, then the same thing Yahweh claims about Himself is said of another then that Person can't be anyone person than Him because He declares there's none like Him.

You accept Christ is not an angel yet say again that He is.. your arguments are childish and makes mockery out of you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 4:49am On Nov 19, 2018
zodiakzax:

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Revelation 2:13 KJV

Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
Acts 12:1‭-‬2 KJV

You are quoting Mathew 10:23, you have forgotten from vs 16 to 39? That's what you do, you use a verse and completely take it out of context

Vs 16: Jesus said He sends the Apostles among wolves,.hostile environment, so Christ is sending us already into a hostile crowd

Vs 17 He said me will deliver them up to councils and they will whip them in their synagogues which again shows that Christ is sending us into a hostile environment where they are unwilling to hear the Word but are forced anyways

Vs18 that the Apostles shall brought before kings and governors, yet again this done because Christ is sending them to a hostile unwilling environment.

Vs 21 Christ said brothers shall betray and deliver their own to be put to death and children shall rise against their parents and cause them to be put to death, and for what reason? We see that in vs

22. AND YE SHALL BD HATED OF ALL MEN COF MY NAMES SAKE BUT HE THAY ENDURETH TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED

Vs 23 Christ tells them to move to another city when they persecute them because there's no time to waste on a city that doesn't accept the gospel, they need to waste no time for the Son of man's coming is at hand, so gospel must be preached on other cities also... they will be persecuted meaning they will be in a hostile environment

Vs 26 Christ said they shouldn't fear, they can only be admonished not to fear when the environment is hostile hence the strength to preach on without fear

Vs 28 Christ said they will you but do not fear them that only kills the body but cannot kill the soul

Vs 34 to 39 Christ said he didn't peace but a sword to the earth, many shall rise against his followers but those that will keep their life will lose it and those who will lose their lives for His sake will find it.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Matthew 24:9‭-‬10 KJV

And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and [b]some of you shall they cause to be put to death. [/b]And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls.
Luke 21:16‭-‬19 KJV

You see how ignorant you are? You see how you are quick to cherry pick verses to suite your lies? You see how you quote out of context? That's how you are trained no doubt...

Antipas was killed for Christs sake and Christ said he was His faithful servant who died for Him (Martyr). Rev 2:13

We saw Stephen dying for the sake of Christ, James dying, all apostles except John dying for preaching Christ, John was even killed several times and Christ rescued him....

Church history tells.how many died for Christ, how many were tortured, burnt, crucified on crosses, given to animals to devour all for the sake of Christ.

So please if you want to preach in a nice environment Then know that you are against Christ. How Then shall we be persecuted if we don't preach against other beliefs? Ooo ye foolish Jehovah Witnesses how long shall corrupt the gospel, cursed are you, cursed is anyone who doesnt preach and teach the truth

Where is Tatime, Why so you lots run away when you are exposed ..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 19, 2018
zodiakzax:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, so because you are looking for all means to criticize JWs you can't even see clearly when someone is promoting atheism. undecided undecided
Well for your information Hairyrapunzel is openly against what the true God asked the Israelites to do! therefore since you can't even figure out his thoughts which is totally against divine instruction i suppose there is no need giving you further audience.
The OP has presented what he knew about JWs and it's clear to anyone that he is now one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but if anyone has a contrary opinion then you can do well to point out a better option than JWs organization.
As for your friend, he is against God's decision to destroy unbelievers by means of heavenly forces. Note that he is NOT just against Jehovah's Witnesses alone anymore but AGAINST GOD'S JUDGEMENT as clearly written in the Bible! So if you can't discern such things i suppose there's no reason quoting the Bible for you again since you are ready to be on the side of those against the Bible! Farewell wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 4:52am On Nov 19, 2018
Isaiah 48:16 YAHWEH said Yahweh and His Spirit sent Him Yahweh.. Jesus,Father and Holy Spirit. You have no case.. your defense to this is poor and stupid...

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Tick Tock!" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.