Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372653 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:16am On Jun 16, 2016
dolphinheart:

EVERY CAN SEE ONE MORE TIME, HE COULD NOT POST HIS RESPONSE TO MY EXPLANATION OF THOSE SCRIPTURES.

you could not show your response, but you want to talk about if I liked it or not! imagine

Lie Lie dolphinheart

Last time I done a search for lazy antichrist dolphinheart,
he then denied it for many posts, saying one lie after another,
page after page, even though I gave the link to him saying it,
false jw twisted and lied about what he said.

I have to admit false jw's are good at one thing:
using every means known to lie, twisting what is said, taking away from what is said, adding to what is said, etc, etc.

false jw dolphinheart said about God and the Word:

dolphinheart:

your God is two persons in one!, a two headed God!.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:35am On Jun 16, 2016
dolphin:
HE IS TRYING TO CHANGE THE ISSUES AGAIN, WHEN THEY ARE EXPOSED , THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.

that's what Christians say about false jw

copycat dolphinheart.

brocab:
{Matthew 23:13} "But who unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye shut up the Kingdom of heaven against men; for ye neither go in yourselves, nor will you allow those who want to enter in.
Listening to you dolphinheart really makes a difference on peoples lives, you won't go into heaven nor will you allow anyone else to go in.

dolphinheart:
that thought, only exist in your mind.

pharisee jw, that thought exists in Christs' Mind too:

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

brocab:
Don't you realise the truth about Christ is travelling at a faster rate across the nations, the word of God is spreading faster then you think dolphinheart, and their is nothing you can do to stop it.

dolphinheart:
yep, in many lands, the good news is being preached everyday, in homes and on the streets.

The good news is not being preached by false jw, who preach that Jesus is "a god", "an angel", "a two headed God", that the end is coming in 19 whatever, and all the multitude of lies that supposed jw's have preached over the decades, and continue to preach.

pharisee hypocrit jw preach lies in many lands, in homes and on the streets.

Jesus said:

Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 16, 2016
I thank God false jw like dolphinsheart, jozzy etc believes that Jesus has same nature as God although they clearly don't have any excuse before God, even dolphinsheart even went further to say that first son ( although not just first son of a man but all sons of a man) must be a man.
With this if they open their eyes they will see that Jesus the only true son of the true God must himself be true God. Angels and even Adam are also called sons of God but non is referred to as the only begotten. Even dolphinsheart mention the fact that some manuscripts use only begotten God. Now God said he did not create any God that means those other gods must be false gods. But Christ himself the begotten son of God must be truly God and since there is only one God Jesus and his Father are one john10:30.
what about psalm 82? Ye are gods and all of you are children of the most high. note not begotten.
But they are false gods because they are no God at all. It the word god is only use in respect to their positions as judges not nature.
But what about The true Son of God. Psalm102 clearly point to him as the creator, as Jehovah himself. The rendering LORD means Jehovah
Psalm 102:19-21 is very revealing
19. For he (Jehovah) hath looked down from from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did he behold the earth.
Readers should note the following verses
20. To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death
Where else do we hear of this again? Isaiah 66:1
21. To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem.
Also note that the person to declare Jehovah's name is also Jehovah himself and notice that declaring the name of Jehovah means declaring his praise.
Questions for my Jehovah witness friends
Who came to free the prisoners?
Who declared Jehovah's name?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 10:10am On Jun 16, 2016
Lie lie john the baby slander, the false teacher. Double poster and impostor is everything alright with you? "Do you still have something upstairs"?
johnw74:

anyone home upstairs missy? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2016
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
goodnews201668:
Lie lie john the baby slander, the false teacher. Double poster and impostor is everything alright with you? "Do you still have something upstairs"?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Ohiozoje(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
jehovah witness my foot. keep your filthy religion to yourself. don't come to my door step. why can't people keep their religion to their-self. why must you convert people. who told them people are not save without jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
CANTICLES

the scriptural point is clear, Jesus is not called the creator. now, you switch to excuses

I am following your line of thought, if Jesus is not the creator then he is a lesser god than Almighty God, is that right?

if God alone is Supreme and Almighty, why send moses as a God to pharaoh, why not go himself ?

Didn't God appear Himself to Abraham in Genesis 18:1, 12:7, 17:1–3, 22) . The text is clear that God Himself appeared to Abraham and spoke with him. Can you explain this?

you are asking a baseless, sentimental , irrational question. Hebrews 1:2 says God made the universe through his son . stick with that !

It is not baseless and irrational, it is simply using your own logic. Why bring in Jesus if God can do everything Himself?

Jehovah's Witnesses worship only the person Jesus worships , do u know him ?

That is not true - in John 1:1, JW claims the WORD is a god?. In John 1:3 = JW claims that everything that exist, made and created was created by this "a god".

Again, it's the uneducated and uninformed that you can deceive. JW history teaches from your texts and archives that you worshiped Jesus and your history clearly stated so. In the 50's, you guys changed doctrine on worshiping Jesus. So the facts are clear, you worship God and you worship Jesus which is guys call "a god". Are you denying these facts?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CANTICLES: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
alexis:
CANTICLES

I am following your line of thought, if Jesus is not the creator then he is a lesser god than Almighty God, is that right?

" But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone" 1 cor 15:28

Didn't God appear Himself to Abraham in Genesis 18:1, 12:7, 17:1–3, 22) . The text is clear that God Himself appeared to Abraham and spoke with him. Can you explain this?

did I mention Abraham in my post ?

It is not baseless and irrational, it is simply using your own logic. Why bring in Jesus if God can do everything Himself?

don't forget that God send moses as the God of pharaoh, why bring in moses if he can do everything Himself ? ask that too

That is not true - in John 1:1, JW claims the WORD is a god?. In John 1:3 = JW claims that everything that exist, made and created was created by this "a god".

Again, it's the uneducated and uninformed that you can deceive. JW history teaches from your texts and archives that you worshiped Jesus and your history clearly stated so. In the 50's, you guys changed doctrine on worshiping Jesus. So the facts are clear, you worship God and you worship Jesus which is guys call "a god". Are you denying these facts?

John 4:23 ' True worshippers will worship the Father ' .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=CANTICLES post=46630517]

" But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone" 1 cor 15:28

totally unrelated subject

did I mention Abraham in my post ?
did you read what he posted

don't forget that God send moses as the God of pharaoh, why bring in moses if he can do everything Himself ? ask that too
so moses is now God abi?

John 4:23 ' True worshippers will worship the Father ' .

do you know what it means to worship the father?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
False witnesses wrote with capital letter G when referring to moses as god over pharoh but use small letter when referring to God Almighty

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
CANTICLES

But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone" 1 cor 15:28

It is a simple question isn't it. Is Jesus a lesser god than Jehovah?

did I mention Abraham in my post?

Cha - you were referring to God Himself going to minister to who-so-ever and you gave an example of Moses. I had raised the question earlier about why Jesus; why did God bring Jesus in the picture if He is everything and can do everything Himself. You then gave an example of God sending Moses as He sent Jesus. I then went ahead to give example about God ministering Himself in Genesis to Abraham showing that God can go Himself as He had done in the past.

So, stop deflecting the question - why Jesus? If God is the creator, why did He create the everything through Jesus and by Jesus? Why? Why did Jesus claim that He was God? Why Jesus, that is my question Bros. Please do justice and answer the question and stop running away.

Malu - moses was a man; Moses didn't create the universe, moses isn't and wasn't the WORD. God didn't tell angels to worship Moses. God didn't call moses God. All those attributes are only related to Jesus. Hence the reason I asked you why Jesus. If you don't have an answer, please say so and stop ranting

John 4:23 True worshippers will worship the Father

Since you want to play pretend, let me quote your own JW publications:

Russell taught that we should worship Jesus and the initial Watchtower Charter's specified that establishment of the Watchtower Society was to promote the worship of Jehovah and Jesus. Yet since the 1950's, worshipping Jesus became regarded as wrongful idolatry. Russell promoted the worship of Jesus and prayer to him because he is our God.

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...." Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3

And again:

"Question. The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty? Answer. Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so. It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father and his agent in the creation of all things, including man." Zion's Watch Tower 1898 Jul 15 p.216

Rutherford continued:

"Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah's purpose (Heb.:3-6)." Watchtower 1939 Nov 15 p.339

Some more for you:

"Now, at Christ's coming to reign as king in Jehovah's capital organization Zion, to bring in a righteous new world, Jehovah makes him infinitely higher than the godly angels or messengers and accordingly commands them to worship him. Since Jehovah God now reigns as King by means of his capital organization Zion, then whosoever would worship Him must also worship and bow down to Jehovah's Chief One in that capital organization, namely, Christ Jesus, his Co-regent on the throne of The Theocracy." Watchtower 1945 Oct 15 p.313

There are many many more publications before 1950's where JW doctrine stated clearly that Jehovah and Jesus should be worshiped. I tried to ask you if it was true and you ignored me. So I am asking again, from the watch-tower magazines and articles; did JW worship Jesus at any time?

Not only that, the Bible is clear:

Matthew 14:2-33:

25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Again, I will ask, do JW worship Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is the one question you won't receive from a JW-many of us have asked-in all different ways-do they believe in Christ well enough to accept Him-No is the Answer. JW's don't worship Jesus.
alexis:
CANTICLES

Cha - you were referring to God Himself going to minister to who-so-ever and you gave an example of Moses. I had raised the question earlier about why Jesus; why did God bring Jesus in the picture if He is everything and can do everything Himself. You then gave an example of God sending Moses as He sent Jesus. I then went ahead to give example about God ministering Himself in Genesis to Abraham showing that God can go Himself as He had done in the past.

So, stop deflecting the question - why Jesus? If God is the creator, why did He create the everything through Jesus and by Jesus? Why? Why did Jesus claim that He was God? Why Jesus, that is my question Bros. Please do justice and answer the question and stop running away.

Malu - moses was a man; Moses didn't create the universe, moses isn't and wasn't the WORD. God didn't tell angels to worship Moses. God didn't call moses God. All those attributes are only related to Jesus. Hence the reason I asked you why Jesus. If you don't have an answer, please say so and stop ranting

Russell taught that we should worship Jesus and the initial Watchtower Charter's specified that establishment of the Watchtower Society was to promote the worship of Jehovah and Jesus. Yet since the 1950's, worshipping Jesus became regarded as wrongful idolatry. Russell promoted the worship of Jesus and prayer to him because he is our God.

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...." Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3

And again:

"Question. The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty? Answer. Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so. It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father and his agent in the creation of all things, including man." Zion's Watch Tower 1898 Jul 15 p.216

Rutherford continued:

"Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah's purpose (Heb.:3-6)." Watchtower 1939 Nov 15 p.339

Some more for you:

"Now, at Christ's coming to reign as king in Jehovah's capital organization Zion, to bring in a righteous new world, Jehovah makes him infinitely higher than the godly angels or messengers and accordingly commands them to worship him. Since Jehovah God now reigns as King by means of his capital organization Zion, then whosoever would worship Him must also worship and bow down to Jehovah's Chief One in that capital organization, namely, Christ Jesus, his Co-regent on the throne of The Theocracy." Watchtower 1945 Oct 15 p.313

There are many many more publications before 1950's where JW doctrine stated clearly that Jehovah and Jesus should be worshiped. I tried to ask you if it was true and you ignored me. So I am asking again, from the watch-tower magazines and articles; did JW worship Jesus at any time?

25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:37am On Jun 17, 2016
goodnews201668:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:03am On Jun 17, 2016
Lie Lie jozzy

More truth about the sect who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses:

In these forums, in the different threads, we see false jw going on and on, post after post, and thread after thread, about about how they are God's chosen people, how they are unjustly persecuted etc etc., trying to convince others that they are the true Church, we constantly read that from false jw in the different threads in these forums.

Christians don't go on and on and on about themselves, about how we are persecuted and murdered, even though we are in parts of the World.

With false jw's it's all about them, them, them, me, me, me, it's all about false jw

With Christians it's about the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
brocab:
DOLPHINHEART QUOTE-PLS TELL WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE PARTAKES OF THE DIVINE NATURE?
FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY ONE MUST BE BORN AGAIN BEFORE HE/SHE PARTAKES IN THE DIVINE NATURE.
WHICH LEAVES YOU OUT DOLPHINHEART YOU DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN CHRIST WELL ENOUGH TO ACCEPT HIM AS YOUR LORD AND SAVOUR.

continue boasting, let him who things he stands beware that he does not fall!.
Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger.

Answer-{2 Peter 1:3-4} Say's His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own Glory and excellence, by which He had granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakes of the divine nature. Having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire, {ESV Bible} The verse plainly say's that believers are made partakers of the divine nature" through God's promise, but what does this mean? To what extent can we be part of God's nature.

why do you always deliberately get the scriptures wrong, Did the verses say they will be partakers of divine nature through gods promise ? no!

let's start with verse 3
New International Version
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

English Standard Version
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,

King James Bible
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

do you understand what Peter said their? he says God's divine power, has given to them/ granted them(believers) all things that pertain to life and godliness/godly life/ godly devotion. These god did through the knowledge of him who called them to/by his OWN GLORY AND GOODNESS/VIRTUE/EXCELLENCE.

This is a very important verse to understand. do you remember what Jesus said in John 17 : 3: This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

it is on these that verse 4 stands(note the underlined)
verse 4
[b]New International Version
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

English Standard Version
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

King James Bible
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.[/u]

hope you can see all that is involved before becoming partakers in the divine nature, it not just through a promise.

now the real issue at hand is , what is the divine nature and what does it mean to participate in it.
Note, Peter , despite having the holy spirit , has not participated in these divine nature o, neither have those he was talking to. hope you noticed the words " you may".
that they have not participated in the divine nature can also be Deduced from the promises themselves.

Lu 22:29, 30and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom,
30so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Joh 14:2In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you.

Ga 3:29Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.

since these promises had not been fulfilled when Peter was writing these, it also means he is not yet partaking in the divine nature.

The key to understand this concept is to recognise what the bible means when it refers to our "Nature".
Every human is born with a sin nature, a natural bent towards pleasing self"{Romans 5:12, 7:14}
King James Version
Ro 5:12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

King James Version
Ro 7:14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal,(human, flesh, fleshly) sold under sin.

hope with the quoting of these verse, we can understand that sin is not our nature, but our nature which is flesh, fleshly , human is sold under sin.
that is why Paul could further say :

King James Version
Ro 7:15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

King James Version
Ro 7:18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

King James Version
Ro 7:20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

so brocab, our nature is human, but we are presently under sin influence , not that we have sin nature!
]Our natural selves can not please God {Romans 8:8}
that verse was talking about those who are under the control of the flesh, not all humans.

No matter how hard we try to do good, our motivations are underlying desires, are please and promote ourselves. That sin nature keeps us from fellowship with God, keeps us in bondage to sin, and leads eventually to spiritual death {Romans 5:16, 23, 7:14. 2 Peter 2:19}

King James Version
Ro 5:16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

I DO NOT KNOW WHICH TRANSLATION YOU ARE USING , BUT CAN YOU PLS CAN YOU QUOTE WHAT ROM 5: 16 ,23 SAYS .
*This is one of the side effects of copy and paste and refusal to quote scriptures.

King James Version
2Pe 2:19While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

lemme add this scripture:
Ro 6:16Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?

There are countless humans who have been obedient to god, despite being under sins influence, sometimes the flesh causes them to sin, but they did not allow it gain control of their lives.

We cannot free ourselves from sin, because we cannot change our own natures, Just as a tiger cannot change it's own stripes.
That's why we need a savour, Jesus said there is only one way we can get a new, divine nature. He said you must be born again {John 3:3}
Only a complete new birth can bring about the radical change of nature required to fellowship with the Holy God.
Mental agreement with God's Word is not enough to change our sin nature.
"WE MUST BE SAVED" from the natural {Ephesians 2:8-9. Titus 3:5}
Salvation implies that we were helpless, and we have been rescued from the evil bent from our human nature.
When we come to Christ in faith, accepting His death and resurrection as our substitute, we declare Him to be our lord in our lives
{Romans 10:8-9} At that moment the Holy Spirit "BIRTHS" us into the family of God. Our old nature is defeated, and we receive a NEW DIVINE NATURE that desires the things of God {2 Corinthians 5:17}

after going on a wild goose chase, you just blew it up when you came back to the topic at hand,
your refusal to quote those scriptures has afforded you the chance to change the words as used in those verses, and thus make it look like it is talking about divine nature.
is Peter and the believers changed man/ men? Yes
was Peter and the believers given divine power? Yes
did Peter say he and the believers have divine nature? no
will continue on these below.

When Christ died for us, He became our sin, so that when we come to Him in faith, we gain His righteousness {2 Corinthians 5:21} It is a divine exchange: our sin for His perfection. TO BE BORN AGAIN MEANS WE ARE RECREATED AS NEW PEOPLE WITH A NEW NATURE.
Believers have a divine nature, and no-longer have to be enslaved to the passions of sin to the flesh {Romans 6:6,14} {1 John 3:9} Say's No one who is born of God will continual to sin, Because GOD'S SEED REMAINS IN THEM. they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
When we share in His divine nature" we begin to desire the things God desires. We love what He loves, and we hate what He hates.{Galatians 5:22. 1 John 4:4} We have the power to conquer every temptation that comes against us {1 Corinthians 10:13} God declares that we are "more than conqueror's" because of the power of the Holy Spirit who dwells within our hearts {Romans 8:37} Sin no-longer controls the one who has become a partaker of the divine nature. By given us His nature, GOD MAKES US HIS SONS AND DAUGHTERS AND CONFORMS US TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON {Romans 8:29. 2 Corinthians 6:18}...................
WHAT WILL BE THE FALSE ALLEGATIONS DOLPHINHEART WILL HAVE AGAINST THE BIBLE THIS TIME?
In summary, the Godhead is the essence of the Divine being: the Godhead is one and only deity; Jesus incarnated Godhead. Entered our world and showed us who God is, No-one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who Himself God, and is close relationship with the Father, has made Him known {John 1:18. Hebrews 1:3}
now let's see where you got it wrong? you attributed divine nature to those who must be saved from the natural, if they where saved from the natural Peter and others will not be admonishing them to put on effort to do certain things, so that they will not fail !(2 Peter 1: 5-11)

[b]2Ti 4:7, 8I have fought the fine fight, I have run the race to the finish, I have observed the faith.8From this time on, there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me as a reward in that day, yet not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his manifestation.

Php 2:12Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

2Ti 2:15Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.

Heb 4:11Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest, so that no one may fall into the same pattern of disobedience.

Jude 3Beloved ones, although I was making every effort to write you about the salvation we hold in common, I found it necessary to write you to urge you to put up a hard fight for the faith that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.[/b]

secondly, you made a blunder, there is a big difference between continuing to sin and sin itself, you can sin, but not continue to commit sins.

another mistake you made is the mentioning of God making us his sons and daughters, do you know when this will occur?
Ro 8:23Not only that, but we ourselves also who have the firstfruits, namely, the spirit, yes, we ourselves groan within ourselves while we are earnestly waiting for adoption as sons, the release from our bodies by ransom.
do you see how this verse splits your doctrine apart? they have the spirit, which you say makes you have the divine nature, but are they yet fully sons of God? no , they are earnestly waiting for the adoption as sons. they are still in their fleshly , human bodies, despite gaining control over it, they gave nor been released yet.

Re 21:7Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

brocab, you can have the holy spirit, you can overcome your fleshly nature which is under sin, but they are all a means to and end and not the end itself, it does not mean you have divine nature, it means you are in line to reCieve that promise . It is more than not continue sinning, cus you wunt sin in the first place. It is more than also having power over the flesh cus you would not be in the flesh, those with divine nature will be children of God, being in God's Kingdom, and the scriptures had made it clear that flesh and blood cannot inherit that Kingdom.

1Co 15:53For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

1Pe 1:3, 4Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you,

1Jo 3:2Beloved ones, we are now children of God, but it has not yet been made manifest what we will be. We do know that when he is made manifest we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is.

Re 20:6Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years

therefore brocab, divine nature cannot be in the flesh. Peter was still a mortal till he died, therefore he did not have divine nature till he died.

Ro 8:30Moreover, those whom he foreordained are the ones he also called; and those whom he called are the ones he also declared to be righteous. Finally those whom he declared righteous are the ones he also glorified.

hope you can see the sequence.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
brocab:
Firstly-I have already written about the divine nature and what the bible say's who retrieves such nature.
Sorry the JW's don't get a mention, unless one is born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of God..

good for you to note that it is only those those get into gods kingdom that will have that nature!, align that to if you have gods nature now and what needs to happen to those who will enter gods kingdom.

Secondly-Even a Child knows the scriptures? What day is the Sabbath day of the week.
Dolphinheart don't know.Your refusal to choose to stay in darkness, will blind you even more away from the truth. Not knowing why you practice pagan religion just shows how brain dead you sound.

On the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day, And God blessed this day and sanctified it, because he rested from all His work {Genesis 2:2-3} Because God rested on the seventh day.
He designated a Holy day to be remembered for all time.
"Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy," He says in the fourth commandment "Six days you shall labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God {Exodus 28:7-10}
{Exodus 20:11. Ezekiel 20:12} The Lord blessed the seventh day and Hallowed it. More over I will give them my Sabbath to be a sign between them and Me. It was a custom for the Jews to meet on the Sabbath Saturday, Jesus preached on the Sabbath, {Acts 17:2. 18:4} Paul's custom were to teach on the Holy Sabbath day of the week.
You yourself can see how lame you are! have you forgortten your statement :

I ask " if it's the pagan practises you are worried about-then why do you worship on pagan Sunday, Instead on the Sabbath Saturday?
did you forget my question:
" instead of Sabbath sartudday?, are you implying there was a day the scripture set aside for worship by Christians ?
instead of you to answer the question, you are here rambling about the Sabbath which you don't even know which day it occurs.

Jesus preached on the Sabbath, yes, did Jesus preach on other days too? Yes!
Did Jesus set a particular day for preaching or worship for Christians? no!

Paul preached on the Sabbath, yes, did Paul preach on other days too? Yes.
did Paul set a particular day for Christians to preach or worship?
why did Paul choose to have a custom to preach in the synagogue on a Sabbath?
1. He had senior access to the synagogue
2. He could use the occasion to preach, using the scriptures in the synagogue which he was very familiar with.
3. people where gathered there on a Sabbath so he could preach to them at once!
Ac 9:19, 20and he ate some food and gained strength. He stayed for some days with the disciples in Damascus,20and immediately in the synagogues he began to preach about Jesus, that this one is the Son of God.
Ac 13:13, 14Now Paul and his companions put out to sea from Paʹphos and arrived at Perga in Pam·phylʹi·a. But John left them and returned to Jerusalem.14However, they went on from Perga and came to Antioch in Pi·sidʹi·a. And going into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, they took a seat.
Ac 14:1Now in I·coʹni·um they entered together into the synagogue of the Jews and spoke in such a manner that a great multitude of both Jews and Greeks became believers.
Ac 18:4He would give a talk in the synagogue every sabbath and would persuade Jews and Greeks.

if you know there is no day set aside for Christians to worship, why do you then ask such question?
you need to go and do small research on when Sabbath day is for the Jews!

But the fact is, it was the Roman Catholic Church who had changed the Sabbath into the Sunday worship-because it reflects to there Sun worship of Pagan religion.
The Catholic's and dolphinheart had once again been exposed they both worship against the Christ-only to worship after other god's' god's that reflect back to their Sun.
can you see how silly your statements are!, you could not provide proof that the catholics changed the day of the sabath. are they observing the Sabbath or they choosed a day to worship their own god, like you just said above.
pls next time , know things well before laying accusations.
jehovahs witnesses have not set aside a day for worship!, they organize their fellowship on any day of the week !

you have always tried to find fault, but this one one of the lamest!, you want to condemn an organisation, but you have unwittingly added a large number of churches to your list.
so RCCG, WINNERS CHAPEL, etc, who have worship on Sundays are now worshiping sun god!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
johnw74:

Lie Lie dolphinheart

Last time I done a search for lazy antichrist dolphinheart,
he then denied it for many posts, saying one lie after another,
page after page, even though I gave the link to him saying it,
false jw twisted and lied about what he said.

I have to admit false jw's are good at one thing:
using every means known to lie, twisting what is said, taking away from what is said, adding to what is said, etc, etc.

false jw dolphinheart said about God and the Word:

dolphinheart:

just like that issue on where he lied against me, that I said " god is a two headed god", he could not provide the date and time I said such. He adjusted his accusation without apologising, yet he still could not post the details or post the post where such statement was made.
He kept on trying to define and explain my statements, yet he could not provide the full texts of that post so that everyone can cross check his explanation , nor point out the post where such statement occurred .

This is the same thing he is doing now, claiming he responded to my explanation but Could not provide it !

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
brocab:
This is the one question you won't receive from a JW-many of us have asked-in all different ways-do they believe in Christ well enough to accept Him-No is the Answer. JW's don't worship Jesus.

Their publications prior to 1954 confirm that they worshiped Him. I know they changed their doctrine now and claim they don't worship Him but then it conflicts with what JW believes.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CANTICLES: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
alexis:
CANTICLES

what does SUbjectION mentioned at 1 Corinthian s 15:28 tells u ?

[s]

[/s]

God use moses . that is the area of concentration, therefore why use Moses for something he can do himself ?

And again:

Rutherford continued:

Some more for you:

they also celebrate Christmas, have more than one wife sometimes ago, but because they are honest and sincere , As the knowledge of truth became clear to them . they adjust their thinking with what the scriptures teach - True worshippers will worship the FATHER ! the FATHER ! the FATHER. john 4:23 .

am sure you are reading the KJV , where even Daniel is worshipped

"
Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel , and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him." Daniel 2:46

Daniel must be God ? haha haha

even Humans will be worshipped - Rev 3:9 KJV , those humans must be God

Friend , when you learn to differentiate obeisance from worship , we will discuss

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
It sure does, in this day and age the JW's had turned their backs on their founders, if Charles Russell and J Rutherford were still alive, the JW's would have demolished them both and threw them out. These men believed Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega {Revelation 1:8, 21:6, and 22:13} And in these day's the JW's refuse to believe.
Lets look at the Catholic's religion, when they worship Jesus, they don't go directly to Him" they go through Mary first.
Same with the JW's they believe in Jesus but they don't worship Him in direct.

And none of the above religions believe in the bible fully to know one must be born again before he can enter into the Kingdom of God.
alexis:

Their publications prior to 1954 confirm that they worshiped Him. I know they changed their doctrine now and claim they don't worship Him but then it conflicts with what JW believes.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
Firstly I did give you the evidence about the Roman Catholic Church how they Changed the Sabbath Saturday into their Sun worship Sunday' But because you had refused to look in the video I provided for you on Page 95.
Then their is nothing more I can say, you are just full of yourself I bet you don't even know which side of the bed you wake up on?
The Sabbath day was blessed as the day of worship by God Himself.
Am I writing to a child? It seems you still don't understand dolphinheart why people gather together on one day of the week, either it's on a Saturday or the Sunday, any day-but it's one day of the week everyone gathers together to worship in one accord.

Jesus kept the Holy Sabbath-same with His disciples, they kept it too. But it was the Roman Catholic's who had changed it, from the Sabbath, to worship after their pagan beliefs, the Sun God, changing it into Sunday, and of course you are part of the many millions who have chosen to walk blind not knowing any history why Pagan religion is still active today.
Jesus preached and done Miracles on the Sabbath He done Miracles everyday-and He taught everyday. We teach everyday-we are spreading the gospel and the truth about Christ everyday.
But theirs a day when the Christians gather together in one accord. And in your case you don't know who you worship I believe you worship "the SUN, but I don't believe you worship the SON.
dolphinheart:

good for you to note that it is only those those get into gods kingdom that will have that nature!, align that to if you have gods nature now and what needs to happen to those who will enter gods kingdom.

You yourself can see how lame you are! have you forgortten your statement :

did you forget my question:
" instead of Sabbath sartudday?, are you implying there was a day the scripture set aside for worship by Christians ?
instead of you to answer the question, you are here rambling about the Sabbath which you don't even know which day it occurs.

Jesus preached on the Sabbath, yes, did Jesus preach on other days too? Yes!
Did Jesus set a particular day for preaching or worship for Christians? no!

Paul preached on the Sabbath, yes, did Paul preach on other days too? Yes.
did Paul set a particular day for Christians to preach or worship?
why did Paul choose to have a custom to preach in the synagogue on a Sabbath?
1. He had senior access to the synagogue
2. He could use the occasion to preach, using the scriptures in the synagogue which he was very familiar with.
3. people where gathered there on a Sabbath so he could preach to them at once!
Ac 9:19, 20and he ate some food and gained strength. He stayed for some days with the disciples in Damascus,20and immediately in the synagogues he began to preach about Jesus, that this one is the Son of God.
Ac 13:13, 14Now Paul and his companions put out to sea from Paʹphos and arrived at Perga in Pam·phylʹi·a. But John left them and returned to Jerusalem.14However, they went on from Perga and came to Antioch in Pi·sidʹi·a. And going into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, they took a seat.
Ac 14:1Now in I·coʹni·um they entered together into the synagogue of the Jews and spoke in such a manner that a great multitude of both Jews and Greeks became believers.
Ac 18:4He would give a talk in the synagogue every sabbath and would persuade Jews and Greeks.

if you know there is no day set aside for Christians to worship, why do you then ask such question?
you need to go and do small research on when Sabbath day is for the Jews!

can you see how silly your statements are!, you could not provide proof that the catholics changed the day of the sabath. are they observing the Sabbath or they choosed a day to worship their own god, like you just said above.
pls next time , know things well before laying accusations.
jehovahs witnesses have not set aside a day for worship!, they organize their fellowship on any day of the week !

you have always tried to find fault, but this one one of the lamest!, you want to condemn an organisation, but you have unwittingly added a large number of churches to your list.
so RCCG, WINNERS CHAPEL, etc, who have worship on Sundays are now worshiping sun god!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
What dolphinheart failed to answer this one correctly. Does he ever answer any of them correctly?
Dolphinheart we know these websites are off limits for you, and the JW's don't approve you to read other sites that may lead you into the truth about Christ-but listen, no-one will know? But you need to understand One must be born again before he/she has anything to do with the divine nature. HE/SHE CAN NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITHOUT BEING BORN AGAIN WHICH IS PART OF THE DIVINE NATURE.
If you chose not to listen to me, then at least give some thought and look into these web sites.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/2-peter-1-4.html
Look up this website below, and find out why your organisation won't educate you concerning the Word of God. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/higher-education-university.php
Quote>Dolphinheart said>therefore brocab, divine nature cannot be in the flesh. Peter was still a mortal till he died, therefore he did not have divine nature till he died. Dolphinheart don't believe Paul as a man in the flesh was also filled with the Holy Spirit being a partaker of the divine nature before He died?
If Paul didn't have the Spirit of God, the divine, then how did he have it after he had died?
His flesh would end up in hell, where your flesh is heading.
Having God's divine nature Paul was transformed into heaven {Philippians 3:20-21}
Dolphinhearts second quote>therefore brocab you can have the holy spirit. Dolphinheart refuses to have the Spirit of God?
Isn't the Holy Spirit part of the Godhead the divine, and you refuse to have Him. No-wonder nothing you write makes any sense and your spirit is dead while trying to understand the scriptures.
dolphinheart:

continue boasting, let him who things he stands beware that he does not fall!.
Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger.

why do you always deliberately get the scriptures wrong, Did the verses say they will be partakers of divine nature through gods promise ? no!

let's start with verse 3
New International Version
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

English Standard Version
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,

King James Bible
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

do you understand what Peter said their? he says God's divine power, has given to them/ granted them(believers) all things that pertain to life and godliness/godly life/ godly devotion. These god did through the knowledge of him who called them to/by his OWN GLORY AND GOODNESS/VIRTUE/EXCELLENCE.

This is a very important verse to understand. do you remember what Jesus said in John 17 : 3: This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

it is on these that verse 4 stands(note the underlined)
verse 4
[b]New International Version
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

English Standard Version
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

King James Bible
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.[/u]

hope you can see all that is involved before becoming partakers in the divine nature, it not just through a promise.

now the real issue at hand is , what is the divine nature and what does it mean to participate in it.
Note, Peter , despite having the holy spirit , has not participated in these divine nature o, neither have those he was talking to. hope you noticed the words " you may".
that they have not participated in the divine nature can also be Deduced from the promises themselves.

Lu 22:29, 30and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom,
30so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Joh 14:2In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you.

Ga 3:29Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.

since these promises had not been fulfilled when Peter was writing these, it also means he is not yet partaking in the divine nature.

King James Version
Ro 5:12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

King James Version
Ro 7:14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal,(human, flesh, fleshly) sold under sin.

hope with the quoting of these verse, we can understand that sin is not our nature, but our nature which is flesh, fleshly , human is sold under sin.
that is why Paul could further say :

King James Version
Ro 7:15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

King James Version
Ro 7:18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

King James Version
Ro 7:20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

so brocab, our nature is human, but we are presently under sin influence , not that we have sin nature!

that verse was talking about those who are under the control of the flesh, not all humans.

King James Version
Ro 5:16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

I DO NOT KNOW WHICH TRANSLATION YOU ARE USING , BUT CAN YOU PLS CAN YOU QUOTE WHAT ROM 5: 16 ,23 SAYS .
*This is one of the side effects of copy and paste and refusal to quote scriptures.

King James Version
2Pe 2:19While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

lemme add this scripture:
Ro 6:16Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?

There are countless humans who have been obedient to god, despite being under sins influence, sometimes the flesh causes them to sin, but they did not allow it gain control of their lives.

after going on a wild goose chase, you just blew it up when you came back to the topic at hand,
your refusal to quote those scriptures has afforded you the chance to change the words as used in those verses, and thus make it look like it is talking about divine nature.
is Peter and the believers changed man/ men? Yes
was Peter and the believers given divine power? Yes
did Peter say he and the believers have divine nature? no
will continue on these below.

now let's see where you got it wrong? you attributed divine nature to those who must be saved from the natural, if they where saved from the natural Peter and others will not be admonishing them to put on effort to do certain things, so that they will not fail !(2 Peter 1: 5-11)

[b]2Ti 4:7, 8I have fought the fine fight, I have run the race to the finish, I have observed the faith.8From this time on, there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me as a reward in that day, yet not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his manifestation.

Php 2:12Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

2Ti 2:15Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.

Heb 4:11Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest, so that no one may fall into the same pattern of disobedience.

Jude 3Beloved ones, although I was making every effort to write you about the salvation we hold in common, I found it necessary to write you to urge you to put up a hard fight for the faith that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.[/b]

secondly, you made a blunder, there is a big difference between continuing to sin and sin itself, you can sin, but not continue to commit sins.

another mistake you made is the mentioning of God making us his sons and daughters, do you know when this will occur?
Ro 8:23Not only that, but we ourselves also who have the firstfruits, namely, the spirit, yes, we ourselves groan within ourselves while we are earnestly waiting for adoption as sons, the release from our bodies by ransom.
do you see how this verse splits your doctrine apart? they have the spirit, which you say makes you have the divine nature, but are they yet fully sons of God? no , they are earnestly waiting for the adoption as sons. they are still in their fleshly , human bodies, despite gaining control over it, they gave nor been released yet.

Re 21:7Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

brocab, you can have the holy spirit, you can overcome your fleshly nature which is under sin, but they are all a means to and end and not the end itself, it does not mean you have divine nature, it means you are in line to reCieve that promise . It is more than not continue sinning, cus you wunt sin in the first place. It is more than also having power over the flesh cus you would not be in the flesh, those with divine nature will be children of God, being in God's Kingdom, and the scriptures had made it clear that flesh and blood cannot inherit that Kingdom.

1Co 15:53For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

1Pe 1:3, 4Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you,

1Jo 3:2Beloved ones, we are now children of God, but it has not yet been made manifest what we will be. We do know that when he is made manifest we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is.

Re 20:6Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years

therefore brocab, divine nature cannot be in the flesh. Peter was still a mortal till he died, therefore he did not have divine nature till he died.

Ro 8:30Moreover, those whom he foreordained are the ones he also called; and those whom he called are the ones he also declared to be righteous. Finally those whom he declared righteous are the ones he also glorified.

hope you can see the sequence.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:14am On Jun 18, 2016
dolphinheart:

just like that issue on where he lied against me, that I said " god is a two headed god", he could not provide the date and time I said such. He adjusted his accusation without apologising, yet he still could not post the details or post the post where such statement was made.
He kept on trying to define and explain my statements, yet he could not provide the full texts of that post so that everyone can cross check his explanation , nor point out the post where such statement occurred .

This is the same thing he is doing now, claiming he responded to my explanation but Could not provide it !

Lie Lie dolphinheart

The thread - the OP, was about John 1:1, about God and the Word being God.

and you false jw dolphinheart said concerning God and the Word: "your God is two persons in one!, a two headed God!."

and you false jw dolphinheart continue to twist and lie and deny that referring to God and the Word you said: "your God is two persons in one!, a two headed God!."

and I did post a link to it, absolutely everything you said is lies, not just part of it, but all of it is lies.

Speaking lies is speaking naturally for you Lie Lie dolphinheart

Jesus is definately talking off false jw's here, as well as other habitual liars of course:

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:47am On Jun 18, 2016
More on the sect who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses

In 1949 Dr. Pescor found that 8% of his
total examples of jw's were classified as
psychotic. This meams the level of
psychosis among witnesses is about 40
times higher than the rate for the popu-
lation as a whole.

read it here:

on jw mental health:
http://www.jwfacts.com/pdf/jws-mental-illness-john-stedman.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-82,354

some other similar articles:

more on jw mental health:
www.jwfacts.com/pdf/mental-health-jws-john-spencer.pdf

mental health issues in jw women
www.jwfacts.com/.../Wifely-Subjection-Mental-Health-Issues-in-JW-Women. pdf

jw's and schizophrenia:
www.jwfacts.com/pdf/jehovahs-witnesses-schizophrenia.pdf
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:04am On Jun 18, 2016
Aussie Aussie Aussie http://www.jwfacts.com/pdf/mental-health-jws-john-spencer.pdf
johnw74:

More on the sect who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses

In 1949 Dr. Pescor found that 8% of his
total examples of jw's were classified as
psychotic. This meams the level of
psychosis among witnesses is about 40
times higher than the rate for the popu-
lation as a whole.

read here:

on jw mental health:
http://www.jwfacts.com/pdf/jws-mental-illness-john-stedman.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-82,354

some other similar articles:

more on jw mental health:
www.jwfacts.com/pdf/mental-health-jws-john-spencer.pdf

mental health issues in jw women
www.jwfacts.com/.../Wifely-Subjection-Mental-Health-Issues-in-JW-Women. pdf

jw's and schizophrenia:
www.jwfacts.com/pdf/jehovahs-witnesses-schizophrenia.pdf
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:37am On Jun 18, 2016
I had seen it myself bro, Dolphinheart will never own up to the truth.
johnw74:

Lie Lie dolphinheart

The thread - the OP, was about John 1:1, about God and the Word being God.

false jw dolphinheart said concerning God and the Word: "your God is two persons in one!, a two headed God!."

and false jw continues to twist and lie and deny that he called God and the Word a two headed god.

and I did post a link to it, absolutely everything you said is lies, not just part of it, but all of it.

Speaking lies is speaking naturally for Lie Lie dolphinheart

Jesus is definately talking off false jw's here, as well as other habitual liars of course:

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:04am On Jun 18, 2016
brocab:
I had seen it myself bro, Dolphinheart will never own up to the truth.

False jw dolphinheart's lies are truly amazing aren't they, as is the constant lying of all false jw's, we see Bible verses coming true before our very eyes concerning them.

It's amazing how false jw's stay right away from the truth, using every means of lying known,
one of their favorite means is to twist what is said, including twisting the scriptures.

These verses are Jesus Christ talking off false jw and their fore fathers:

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mat 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.