Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (86305 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by irondome: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:
Nigeria take the lead

2:1

Osimhen scores

86 minutes

Thanks for the update. To imagine some people started to complain while they were trailing. It would be nice to allow the coaches do their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Osimhen missed a point blank chance 91 mins.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
96 mins

2:1 Nigeria

Na wa oh, game still on
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2016

Nigeria wins.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
I have always had confidence in this team and they didn't disappoint. Patience is a virtue.
Now,bring the cow to the slaughter house...ndi egwu!
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
Icon4s:

From the way the team struggled against Burundi on both legs i knew dey were nt d best crop for this U20.

I have always maintained dat d U20 is far more competitive than d U17.

Amuneke should open this team to other players dat were nt part of d last U17. This was part of what affected our last U20 & Amuneke is already towing dat path.

I hope dey manage to pull through this one.

This team needs the injection of more experienced U20 players.

For the qualifying stage, it is not bad but as competition stiffens in the AFCON and hopefully the world cup, the coach should certainly look at options to improve the team. Yahaya, Ezeh, Bello, Alfa, etc.. And other new players.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by jieta: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Icon4s:

From the way the team struggled against Burundi on both legs i knew dey were nt d best crop for this U20.

I have always maintained dat d U20 is far more competitive than d U17.

Amuneke should open this team to other players dat were nt part of d last U17. This was part of what affected our last U20 & Amuneke is already towing dat path.

I hope dey manage to pull through this one.

This team needs the injection of more experienced U20 players.
icon, did u type dis?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

For the qualifying stage, it is not bad but as competition stiffens in the AFCON and hopefully the world cup, the coach should certainly look at options to improve the team. Yahaya, Ezeh, Bello, Alfa, etc.. And other new players.

My pt exactly

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
jieta:
icon, did u type dis?

Yes i did.

My point is with d quality of Nigerian players that fall within this age bracket I am expecting this set to blow the world away, possibly winning the WYC for d first time for Nigeria.

This current crop of players sruggled to beat Burundi. scoring a late goal in Bujumbura and in d second leg scoring two late goals before Burundi cancelled 1.

In this Sudan game as at 80th min they were a goal down and u expect one nt to worry?

Thank God there usual late goals came today bt u can't be lucky all the time.

I have tipped this set to do better than the class of 2015 bt not entirely with this crop of players.
If Amuneke relies solely on his U17 boys they'll likely nt do better than the 2015 boys.

Has it always crossed ur mind that after winning d U17 two yrs later we hardly perform well at d U20?

Nigeria currently boasts of quality 18-19yrs olds who are very elligible to b in this team bt Amuneke is shoting them out.

Well, let me jst relax and believe these are still early days.
However, for the AYC proper i expect him to extend invitations to players like:

Chidera Ezeh
Taiwo Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Nura Abdulahi
Ifeanyi Mathew
Sincere Seth
Musa Yahaya
Zaharadeen Bello
Azubuike Okechukwu
Chidozie Awaziem

I need nt tell u what quality and competition the above listed players can bring into d team.

Let us invite them for d AYC and lets c how many would b released by their respective clubs. However, if we make it to d WYC i see no reason y we cannot have most if nt all of them cos the tourney falls under d FIFA calender so clubs are obliged to release players.

This would b a great team in the making. I believe.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Icon4s:

Yes i did.

My point is with d quality of Nigerian players that fall within this age bracket I am expecting this set to blow the world away, possibly winning the WYC for d first time for Nigeria.

This current crop of players sruggled to beat Burundi. scoring a late goal in Bujumbura and in d second leg scoring too late goals before Burundi cancelled 1.

In this Sudan game as at 80th min they were a goal down and u expect one nt to worry?

Thank God there usual late goals came today bt u can't be lucky all the time.

I have tipped this set to do better than the class of 2015 bt not entirely with this crop of players.
If Amuneke relies solely on his U17 boys they'll likely nt do better than the 2015 boys.

Has it always crossed ur mind that after winning d U17 two yrs later we hardly perform well at d U20?

Nigeria currently boasts of quality 18-19yrs olds who are very elligible to b in this team bt Amuneke is shoting them out.

Well, let me jst relax and believe these are still early days.
However, for the AYC proper i expect him to extend invitations to players like:

Chidera Ezeh
Taiwo Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Nura Abdulahi
Ifeanyi Mathew
Sincere Seth
Musa Yahaya
Zaharadeen Bello
Azubuike Okechukwu
Chidozie Awaziem

I need nt tell u what quality and competition the above listed players can bring into d team.

Let us invite them for d AYC and lets c how many would b released by their respective clubs. However, if we make it to d WYC i see no reason y we cannot have most if nt all of them cos the tourney falls under d FIFA calender so clubs are obliged to release players.

This would b a great team in the making. I belive.

With the exception of Sincere Seth, the others should be invited.

Nura and Lazarus can play RB.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
The boys that started the game today..

Look at their baby faces, in a couple of years, some people will start claiming that they are 30 years old.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

With the exception of Sincere Seth, the others should be invited.

Nura and Lazarus can play RB.

Let's still give Seth another chance. He was competing with d U23s.Same thing dat affected Awoniyi and Osimhen (maturity to face an U23 competition) may have also affected him.

Besides he did well at d CAF U23.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Icon4s:

Let's still give Seth another chance. He was competing with d U23s.Same thing dat affected Awoniyi and Osimhen (maturity to face an U23 competition) may have also affected him.

Besides he did well at d CAF U23.

The defense was leaking goals at the CAF under 23. I thought that was a poor tournament and i didn't see anything great from him. I am also skeptical about the ages of some of the players.

Look at Emmanuel Daniel, He was in Shooting Stars in 2010.. 6 years ago. That means he was at most 17 when he started with shooting stars... I find that hard to believe.

I am more comfortable with players straight out of academies to Europe or players that went through the MRI test.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

Look at their baby faces, in a couple of years, some people will start claiming that they are 30 years old.

See the number 4 they call "Paul Scholes".
The boys are really young.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

The defense was leaking goals at the CAF under 23. I thought that was a poor tournament and i didn't see anything great from him. I am also skeptical about the ages of some of the players.

Look at Emmanuel Daniel, He was in Shooting Stars in 2010.. 6 years ago. That means he was at most 17 when he started with shooting stars... I find that hard to believe.

I am more comfortable with players straight out of academies to Europe or players that went through the MRI test.

Collectively d defense was terrible
But Segun Oduduwa and Sincere Seth were the better of the defenders.

U think John Lazarus would have donw better in dat U23 team?

As for d age issue, we are nt d parents of those boys so we cannot tell. Let us accept d ages they presenr and move on. Only time will tell.

As for Daniel spending 6yrs with 3SC it is very very normal. It means he has been with them since 17yrs which is d age K. Nwakali, Osimhen, Awoniyi, Success, Yahaya and co joined their professional clubs.

We can only hope they have declared their real ages.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234, John Lazarus did nt start at RB today. Who was dat player dat started?
U can see the competition already.

That y i would want Amuneke to invite more quality players. Some of those his boys may nt b Flying Eagles materials.

Note that not every Golden Eaglets graduate will get to play for the Flying Eagles. It has always been that way. Some former golden eaglets players may nt measure up to feature for the Flying Eagles.

We need to assemble our best U20 players Home or foreign based.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

So these small pikins are feeling like U20 Footballers.

<<<Brings Out My Cain>>>

^^^And these small boys are not afraid to win the dream team... Twice for that matter.^^^

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Congrats to our Flying Eagles. More success to you guys.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Icon4s:

Collectively d defense was terrible
But Segun Oduduwa and Sincere Seth were the better of the defenders.

U think John Lazarus would have donw better in dat U23 team?

As for d age issue, we are nt d parents of those boys so we cannot tell. Let us accept d ages they presenr and move on. Only time will tell.

As for Daniel spending 6yrs with 3SC it is very very normal. It means he has been with them since 17yrs which is d age K. Nwakali, Osimhen, Awoniyi, Success, Yahaya and co joined their professional clubs.

We can only hope they have declared their real ages.

Seeing that the flying eagles keep beating the U23, Lazarus will not do worse than what is already there.

We can only hope as regards the ages.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 1:48am On Jul 11, 2016
tbaba1234:
Nigeria take the lead

Osimhen scores

86 minutes
grin
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 1:51am On Jul 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

didnt funso bamgboye make the list?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 1:53am On Jul 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So these small pikins are feeling like U20 Footballers.

<<<Brings Out My Cain>>>

^^^And these small boys are not afraid to win the dream team... Twice for that matter.^^^
the dream team needed whooping not these boys. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 1:58am On Jul 11, 2016
who be sudan for football? just kidding....
btw my boys made me proud today, wanted to stream the game from the net but the lure of the EURO finals was too much of a temptation for me, i was caught btw watching my beloved national team albeit the under 20 (flying eagles) and the glamorous euro final, i opted for the later with great difficulty i must add.
congratulations Nigerians for this great victory, now we await them for the return leg in naija. a case of a sheep being led to the slaughter house. the land is green

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:07am On Jul 11, 2016
mikron:
didnt funso bamgboye make the list?

Funsho has not been part of the under 20 team. Looks like Amuneke has dropped him.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

Funsho has not been part of the under 20 team. Looks like Amuneke has dropped him.

Emm.. i think he was part of the camping earlier.

Like as if he sustained an injury.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Emm.. i think he was part of the camping earlier.

Like as if he sustained an injury.

According to @mrmowiz on twitter, Funsho is yet to play for the under 20s. He has even gained weight.

"Biggest omission from the U-20 ahead of their game VS Sudan is not Bamgboye, instead it is Lazarus cos Bamgboye is yet to play for the team"

'@Sport_People_Ta @MrMowiz He has added weight, last time I saw him he wasn't moving like he was during U-17 WYC'
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

According to @mrmowiz on twitter, Funsho is yet to play for the under 20s. He has even gained weight.

"Biggest omission from the U-20 ahead of their game VS Sudan is not Bamgboye, instead it is Lazarus cos Bamgboye is yet to play for the team"

'@Sport_People_Ta @MrMowiz He has added weight, last time I saw him he wasn't moving like he was during U-17 WYC'

It happens. Not all U17 players graduate to U20.

So y was Lazarus omitted from d Sudan clash?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2016
Icon4s:

It happens. Not all U17 players graduate to U20.

So y was Lazarus omitted from d Sudan clash?

Lazarus omission was due to injury.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

Lazarus omission was due to injury.

Ok. I wish him speedy recovery.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Sudan U20
Osimhen destroys hosts Sudan for Flying Eagles
[/size]
Victor Osimhen snatched a later winner for Nigeria’s Flying Eagles to beat home team Sudan 2-1 Sunday in a 2017 U20 AFCON qualifier at the El Merriekh Stadium in Khartoum.

Sudan’s Young Falcons held their own for most part of this clash against a Flying Eagles side, who paraded several stars from Nigeria’s FIFA U17 World Cup triumph last year including Osimhen, who is bound for German Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.

The return leg will be played in Nigeria in a fortnight with the overall winners advancing to the U20 AFCON in Zambia in February.

The hosts took the lead through striker Mohamed after 27 minutes against the run of play.

However, Nigeria drew level in the 67thminute through Samuel Chukwueze.

Four minutes from time, Osimhen rose to the occasion to deal a crushing blow on the Falcons.

In stoppage time, the star striker then saw his effort saved at point-blank range.

Chukwueze, whose move to Arsenal fell through, had earlier come close to giving the Flying Eagles the winning goal in the 74thminute.

Sudan would have doubled their lead in the 56thminute, when Khalid was one-on-one with Flying Eagles goalkeeper Akpan Udoh only for him to fire off target.

It was massive miss as Nigeria continued to chase the game before they were eventually rewarded .

The Nigerians coped well with the boiling heat in Sudan and could have even gone ahead in the 22nd minute, but midfielder ‘Paul Scholes’ Gavi Thompson failed to beat the Sudan goalkeeper Adam after going clear of the defence.

Two minutes later, danger man Victor Osimhen was denied by the outstanding Sudan goalkeeper, before his header in the 26th minute crashed against the crossbar.

Defender Ejike Ikwu was booked in the 36thminute for a rough tackle.

Flying Eagles starting XI vs Sudan
Akpan Udoh – Udochukwu Anumudu, Ibe Tobechukwu, Lukman Zakari, Ejike Ikwu – Chukwudi Agor, Gavi Thompson, Kelechi Nwakali, Okonkwo Orji, Samuel Chukwueze, Victor Osimhen

africanfootball.com/news/633255/Osimhen-destroys-hosts-Sudan-for-Flying-Eagles
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Cs Sfaxien
Failed Arsenal target Chukwueze, Zakari, Ikwu sparkle in Sudan
[/size]
One-time Arsenal target Samuel Chukwueze as well as central defenders Lukman Zakari and Ejike Ikwu were the standout players for Nigeria’s Flying Eagles as they came from behind to beat home team Sudan 2-1 in an U20 AFCON qualifier in Khartoum.

Chukwueze, whose initial move to Arsenal of England collapsed and is now bound for FC Porto, scored Nigeria’s equaliser in the 67th minute as he stepped up his game in the second half of a very tough contest.

Arsenal’s loss will now be Porto’s gain.

Sudan took the game to the Nigeria U20s, but they found the Flying Eagles central defence combo of Lukman Zakari and Ejike Ikwu, who rose up to the challenge to ensure their team did not let in a second goal.

Zakari is on the books of Tunisian club CS Sfaxien, while Ikwu is set for an overseas switch later this year.

It was a central defence that won Nigeria a fifth FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile in November.
africanfootball.com/news/633263/Failed-Arsenal-target-Chukwueze-Zakari-Ikwu-sparkle-in-Sudan
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Sudan U20
Victorious Flying Eagles arrive Nigeria this afternoon
[/size]
Victorious Flying Eagles will arrive Abuja this afternoon after they defeated hosts Sudan 2-1 in a tough U20AFCON qualifier in Khartoum.

The Flying Eagles goals were scored in the second half by Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen after Sudan went in front through striker Mohammed.

The Nigeria U20s will depart Sudan today and connect Addis Ababa before heading into the capital city of Abuja.

The return leg will be played on July 24 in Lagos with the overall winners advancing to the 2017 U20 AFCON in Zambia in February.
africanfootball.com/news/633261/Victorious-Flying-Eagles-arrive-Nigeria-this-afternoon

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (38) (Reply)

Muslim Fans Blast Ahmed Musa Over Kissing Picture With His Wife On Facebook / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.