Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (85927 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
confun:
ahhh, ao many mins
Game over.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by confun: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Wat is ds?, What is happening to our football, dis is so so disappointing
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by adrainuche(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
AgreeGate 5-5 ...
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by AIG07: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
E don do.
Head down.
Well, I'm not suprised

The lads loosed focus when needed most.

NFF, players n money issues as always been our bane.

All hope dashed... Very pathetic.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
AIG07:
E don do.
Head down.
Well, I'm not suprised
The lads loosed focus when needed most.
NFF, players n money issues as always been our bane.
All hope dashed... Very pathetic.

The lads did not perform on the day, Simple!

Abi no be this same NFF dey when them go win for Sudan?

Blame NFF not!
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by AIG07: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
semid4lyfe:

The lads did not perform on the day, Simple!

Abi no be this same NFF dey when them go win for Sudan?

Blame NFF not!

well as usual d blame game has just begun.

I still stand on this- the NFF caused t...

What pains me most is that we fail to learn from the same mistake we keep committing on d verge of success.

*Having flashbacks*

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
It's this a joke?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
It has become so convenient to blame NFF for all our football woes.

A team plays shoddily and concedes 4 goals at home and the blame is heaped on the NFF, hian!

Emmanuel Ammuneke, the technical crew and the lads are the culprits in this one.

With a 2 - 1 lead from the first leg, the team should have played with caution and not make it such an open game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is nothing short of pathetic. How could these young men forget about their future and think of the money of today. Same goes to Emmanuel Amunike. This was the wrong time to rebel. This was the time to think of making it to the African Championship.

The boys threw everything away and failed to train for three days. What were they thinking? Now, how will they fight for the money.

As for Amaju Pinnick. You are a big disgrace. How could Maigari win trophy after trophy, you came in and things went from bad to worse? Sad day for our football. We always hold promise but fail to deliver.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
semid4lyfe:
It has become so convenient to blame NFF for all our football woes.

A team plays shoddily and concedes 4 goals at home and the blame is heaped on the NFF, hian!

Emmanuel Ammuneke and the lads are the culprits in this one.

How can we not blame the NFF? You mean after the World Cup these boys delivered, Amaju Pinnick and his people could not find something to keep them happy. Only transport money.

Haba. It is too much. You owe the coaches for months. Maybe over a year. Amaju Pinnick exhausted their patience. Maybe he was saving all the money for his dream foreign coach.

Sad.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Most of these boys have destroyed their future. Their football career is now flushed into the toilet. They better go back to school and concentrate on their studies.

Amuneke has soiled his reputation. His pedigree is now under the mat.

Shame on all of them, and the useless Amaju Pinnick. Dude is a disgrace and disappointment to the country. SMH. Useless man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is by far more painful than the SE AFCON miss,because we have just blown our biggest chance to lay our hands on u-20 world cup trophy.

It's time we get this Pinnick and his cohorts booted out of the grass house,I now support Giwa and his merry band NFF version,even if FIFA is going to ban us,fine.
Pinnick must go,let us start afresh.

If FIFA bans us,We have nothing to lose anymore,we've lost everything, it's almost certain we won't qualify for world cup, as for Manu Garba's U-17,I don't need anybody to tell me he won't go far with this U-17 set,based on our antecedent.

Let the government do something concerning NFF before they completely destroy our football.
If we succeed in jettison Pinnick and his visionless board,then we can still hope to qualify for world cup at least.

As for the players,they have themselves to blame,why would they even thought of boycotting the match at all because of money,how much is match allowances compared to good contracts abroad,should they have qualified and performed well at the world cup.
This is their problems not mine. The same with the SE players,if they like they will start winning matches,if they drop further on FIFA,that's their cup of tea or coffee,some of them won't renew their work permit as they already knew.

Finally for the coaches,Amuneke in particular,we've been shouting it up n down for him not to depend wholly on his U-17 world cup winning team,they're talented but age and experience matters a lot in football.
U cannot use academy players n b competing with league players and professionals.
He should have invited other good players as well,Ifeanyi Mathew or Yahaya alone would have helped this team qualified.
It happened with Manu Garba,he should have learned the lesson from it. Now his coaching career have received a very big question mark.
The next,he will come out with meaningless excuses.
Now,we r going to wait till 2022 before we lay our hands to any trophy.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by billante(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
I watched the match at stadium....the boys gave the best to win the ticket ...but the rain spoiled the day.
Half of the pitch was water logged. all their tick tack passes were rubbished by the rain and water logged pitch..It was like the Sudanese were prepared for the rain match cause they utilized the rain far better than the flying eagles.

I just wondered why they didn't postpone the match cause it Kept raining all through the match.

the match officials were also spoilers for the day, giving questionable calls that favoured the Sudanese...the referee even forgot to give red card for a second bookable offense to a Sudanese until the flying eagles players went to protest to him.

In all it was not meant to be.
tough luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
as much as I want to understand their plight, I do not think they have gotten to the point where they should be fighting for money

Their lack of qualification for the U20 will not hurt Pinnick or his job, it will hurt their careers. A few like Nwakali and Osimhen may have foreign clubs already, but what about the likes of Orji Okonkwo still looking to get a good deal? These international competitions raise players profiles

They have the opportunity to do something special, to win an U20 World Cup for the first time in Nigerian history and second in Africa, and they want to throw it away because they haven't been paid?

When you're trying to establish yourself, money should not be your concern. Getting your name out there should be the target.

Now, if these threats to boycott are on behalf of the coaches, I can wholly understand that and support them, but if it's the players, then no, I do not support that. If the senior boys are boycotting games, what makes these teenagers think they can do same?
Well said. Now that they have missed out, their eyes go clear. Too bad for their careers.

I am so pained. So finally, they may be nothing for someone to smile about Nigerian football this year.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Well said. Now that they have missed out, their eyes go clear. Too bad for their careers.

I am so pained. So finally, they may be nothing for someone to smile about Nigerian football this year.

Talk about next four years and u r saying this year

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by safarigirl(f): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

thank God for them. We will soon leave football and focus on basketball since the footballers want to be big babies. Maybe it's too much attention that makes them act out.

No Nigeria and no Ghana in U20, another shiiit tournament in the offing

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

No i think this might even be good for some of them, they can find a club and get to work at making the first team. The biggest loser is us not them.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by forgiveness: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
grin
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Isaac0808: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
thank God for them. We will soon leave football and focus on basketball since the footballers want to be big babies. Maybe it's too much attention that makes them act out.

No Nigeria and no Ghana in U20, another shiiit tournament in the offing

no the shit didn't qualify . pls don't swear at our teams. they worked hard all the teams. blame management

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Isaac0808: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
IN FACT SINCE YALL DIDNT QUALIFY DONT U THINK THIS THREAD IS USELESS? COUNTING CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by safarigirl(f): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
Isaac0808:

no the shit didn't qualify . pls don't swear at our teams. they worked hard all the teams. blame management
any tournament without those 2 nations is shiit. The ratings will be shiit, I can assure you that. Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of Sudanese boys playing ball? like having Armenia on Euro U17

Since we want to bksme people, why don't we start with the two eediots Buhari and Dalung. I know how many times GEJ and the then Sports minister stepped in whenever NFF was purportedly cash strapped, I know how many times the government paid the coaches and players. They kept the people happy.

That stewpid, gworo chewing animal wasting money in Aso Rock can't even get one sector moving in this damned country. Everything is just phucked up. In fact, Manu and his boys as well as Yusuf should just phuck everything else up make we siddon dey look each other for this country. NFF must not exist

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
any tournament without those 2 nations is shiit. The ratings will be shiit, I can assure you that. Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of Sudanese boys playing ball? like having Armenia on Euro U17

Since we want to bksme people, why don't we start with the two eediots Buhari and Dalung. I know how many times GEJ and the then Sports minister stepped in whenever NFF was purportedly cash strapped, I know how many times the government paid the coaches and players. They kept the people happy.

That stewpid, gworo chewing animal wasting money in Aso Rock can't even get one sector moving in this damned country. Everything is just phucked up. In fact, Manu and his boys as well as Yusuf should just phuck everything else up make we siddon dey look each other for this country. NFF must not exist

For real, do not abuse the President. It is not his fault GEJ wasted a windfall of revenue from the Crude Oil boom. If the money was managed, it would have been easy to pump in money to help the situation.

It was easy for GEJ because we were making almost $80 profit per Barrel. Now Crude sells for abojt $30 with almost $15 for producing a barrel of crude.

It is difficult for him. The blame as for me lies with Amaju Pinnick.

He ran round sourcing for funds to employ a foreign coach forgetting that he has these boys he is owing.

Please, we should not blast Coach Amunike too much. He has sacrificed a lot. We should remember he sacrificed a lot financially to keep the team going.

I think it is time for our past Super Eagles players and coaches to remove that NFF gag order. Tell it as it is. Coach Amunike should learn from this and cry out.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Amaju Pinnick should reflect on this exit and mend his ways with The Hon. Minister of Sports. Compromise a bit for the growth of Nigerian Football. Amaju should know he can not do it all alone.

That is not how it was done in the past. The NFF and the Sports ministry work together. These boys were on strike for three days and he could not run to the Minister for help.

Finally keep the games in Uyo and Port-Harcourt. These are the best Stadia for now. No more gambles.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by lakesidepapa(m): 6:16am On Jul 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Amaju Pinnick should reflect on this exit and mend his ways with The Hon. Minister of Sports. Compromise a bit for the growth of Nigerian Football. Amaju should know he can not do it all alone.

That is not how it was done in the past. The NFF and the Sports ministry work together. These boys were on strike for three days and he could not run to the Minister for help.

Finally keep the games in Uyo and Port-Harcourt. These are the best Stadia for now. No more gambles.

You are very POLITE...!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by goldfish80(m): 6:56am On Jul 24, 2016
It's been a torrid show these past few days for Nigerian football. We have never had it so bad. Its like our various national teams are trying to outdo each other in who will put up the shitiest show.

Personally am holding everybody accountable from the NFF to the coaches and the players themselves. Amaju pink obviously has little idea in managing Nigerian football but Nigerians deserve what they get. I remember after the 2014 world cup when Maigari was booted out, most people where licking their lips and clicking glasses because Maigari who couldn't defeat "ordinary France "was booted out by stakeholders. Suddenly, the same Maigari has turned to the beautiful bride. Imagine the fockery!
I hope the rebelling players now get their allowee and go chill at home. That is what they wanted after all.... Amunike, for the next few years will be redundant, maybe he would take a vacation or something, because their would be little to do within the forceable for him,till an npfl club gives him a call...

By the turn of the year we could well and truly be out of the FIFA top 100. Congratulations everyone.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:01am On Jul 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How does coming to the south south during raining season help us?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2016
It is obvious that the strike action affected their performance. As safarigirl said, it only affects their careers not NFF.

They should have focused on qualifying then argue later. Now that they have failed to qualify,the allowances will still not be paid..

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by safarigirl(f): 9:45am On Jul 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

For real, do not abuse the President. It is not his fault GEJ wasted a windfall of revenue from the Crude Oil boom. If the money was managed, it would have been easy to pump in money to help the situation.

It was easy for GEJ because we were making almost $80 profit per Barrel. Now Crude sells for abojt $30 with almost $15 for producing a barrel of crude.

It is difficult for him. The blame as for me lies with Amaju Pinnick.

He ran round sourcing for funds to employ a foreign coach forgetting that he has these boys he is owing.

Please, we should not blast Coach Amunike too much. He has sacrificed a lot. We should remember he sacrificed a lot financially to keep the team going.

I think it is time for our past Super Eagles players and coaches to remove that NFF gag order. Tell it as it is. Coach Amunike should learn from this and cry out.
and the money oga Buhari was using to travel to irrelevant places couldn't have been used?

Accusing GEJ of wasting funds and thinking Buhari didn't do same at a worse period is paying lip-service. Is it only the football that is failing? When did you ever hear that our Olympics representatives are sourcing for funds by themselves? Is that also GEJ's fault? The fact that people have not been paid salaries in 6 months, is that also GEJ's fault? That NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING has been working in Nigeria since that animal took over, is that also GEJ's fault?

Nobody is even asking for much, but if you can't make other sectors work, for the love of God! Make the sports sector work instead of running around aimlessly to countries that are better prepared in case of a recession.

All this talk of fallen oil prices means nothing to the average man. Fallen oil prices that have not reflected in the prices of fuel and scarce kerosene, the sooner we all drop the "it's GEJ's fault" mantra, the faster we can insist on accountability from this administration.

For now, most of you are giving them this false idea that they're still in honeymoon period. Buhari has done absolutely NOTHING to show that he's better than GEJ and the rot in every sector of this country is proof of that. So, why don't we all stop shouting GEJ that only ruled for 6 years of at least 40 rotten years and demand that somebody does his job while he's in power.

Cuz if you're not tired of this strain of bad luck, I am tired. If I have to buy kerosene for #230 per litre at least be nice and give me something to smile about. Somebody's one month salary could have paid those boys, but no, this country is filled with selfish bast@rds.

I can't wait to graduate snd move to Cape Verde

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2016
safarigirl:
and the money oga Buhari was using to travel to irrelevant places couldn't have been used?

Accusing GEJ of wasting funds and thinking Buhari didn't do same at a worse period is paying lip-service. Is it only the football that is failing? When did you ever hear that our Olympics representatives are sourcing for funds by themselves? Is that also GEJ's fault? The fact that people have not been paid salaries in 6 months, is that also GEJ's fault? That NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING has been working in Nigeria since that animal took over, is that also GEJ's fault?

Nobody is even asking for much, but if you can't make other sectors work, for the love of God! Make the sports sector work instead of running around aimlessly to countries that are better prepared in case of a recession.

All this talk of fallen oil prices means nothing to the average man. Fallen oil prices that have not reflected in the prices of fuel and scarce kerosene, the sooner we all drop the "it's GEJ's fault" mantra, the faster we can insist on accountability from this administration.

For now, most of you are giving them this false idea that they're still in honeymoon period. Buhari has done absolutely NOTHING to show that he's better than GEJ and the rot in every sector of this country is proof of that. So, why don't we all stop shouting GEJ that only ruled for 6 years of at least 40 rotten years and demand that somebody does his job while he's in power.

Cuz if you're not tired of this strain of bad luck, I am tired. If I have to buy kerosene for #230 per litre at least be nice and give me something to smile about. Somebody's one month salary could have paid those boys, but no, this country is filled with selfish bast@rds.

You killed it! What exactly has Buhari done right in this administration? Jonathan! Jonathan all the time. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2016
tbaba1234:
It is obvious that the strike action affected their performance. As safarigirl said, it only affects their careers not NFF.

They should have focused on qualifying then argue later. Now that they have failed to qualify,the allowances will still not be paid..
For sure,nothing for them,if they could not b paid 4 wining,is it 4 losing that they would b paid. They should have hatched their eggs first b4 fighting. Now they will go empty handed
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2016
safarigirl:

Maybe you missed the maths. GEJ wasted Hundreds of Billions of Dollars. Buhari's flight with the smallest entourage in the history of Nigeria can not be compared to GEJ's over two hundred people in his entourage.

Those flights Buhari makes is to secure financial aid to help through the current crises. We are dependent on crude and the sales is low due to American Crude Production increasing. Iran is now exporting, so our Sales have reduced drastically.

So to you, the President has done nothing. The fact is that he is performing Miracles. Low sales, due to increase in Production of other countries. Then we are suffering sabotage internally. Then the Price is also very low. A return of almost $15 a Barrel, compared to GEJ who had $80 per barrel.

So you can have your distaste of the government but abusing him despite his hard work is not cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Cristiano Ronaldo Caught Fingering Marcelo As They Celebrate Against Valencia / Market Women Run On Seeing Chichi Igbo In Abuja, Scream 'Holy Ghost Fire!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.