Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State (29868 Views)

Blaming Fulani Herdsmen For Benue, Enugu Killings Absurd!!! Sultan Of Sokoto / Taraba Judgement Wrong Based On This Section / Taraba Judgement Clear Miscarriage Of Justice – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Goddex:
Just six months and the
APC/Buhari govt is already far worst than PDP.

INEC and the judiciary which the GEJ govt strengthened are now compromised
and turned to political tools.

Nigeria is being returned to the pre-Yar'Adua/GEJ era.
This is obviously going to be the longest 4yrs ever.
Is it not the same INEC you claim to be compromised that is challenging the tribunal ruling in Rivers State that favours the APC. How do you PDP supporters reason?

3 Likes

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Urine: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
macfarland:
The government of Buhari is really a bad one. In d last election campaigns, GEJ spoke in Lagos about three things this last presidential election was about. One of them was a choice between going back to d old sorry days of military autocracy and a future filled with great possibilities. For just hating GEJ from a minority, the Yorubas joined Hausa Fulani people to enthrone a bigot like Buhari in power. What u are seeing today is just part of the result of having such a man there.... From Biafra things to all these agitation here and there. Tribunal upturn elections to favour Buhari and all worth not. But a day of reckoning must certainly come. Buhari keep implanting ur Muslim and Northern brothers in power as it was d case during d military. The middle belt are ur puppets and errand boys. The southeast must remain ur conquered people... South South ur downtrodden but be sure it won't last forever. Buhari is a big disgrace to Democracy

Do you realise that majority of the South West and Middle Belt saw Buhari four years ago BUT still voted for GEJ? Why didn't you call them names at this time? Four years later they change their mind and you start calling them names, whose fault is it? It is simple logic and the question you should really ask is why the people changed their mind within four years.

3 Likes

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by dustmalik: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

Did any PDP candidate in Taraba drag Ishiaku and the PDP to court. No, so why should this tribunal sack him. The judgement surprised you, because you know it is illegal and unjust.
The PDP doesn't need to drag Ishiaku to court. Any person or candidate who felt any process that led to the election is flawed, can do so.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by PassingShot(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
dustmalik:

You are wrong on the emboldened. What the tribunal has established is that, one, PDP conducted its primaries outside of the state capital, which is contrary to the electoral laws. Two, the primaries were also conducted outside of the timeline stipulated by the electoral laws. Either way, PDP automatically didn't have a candidate in the last election. So, the issue of granting another PDP the mandate doesn't come up at all. They are completely out of the race.

What PDP should was to endorses a preferred candidate within stipulated time and follow all due process. That would have saved them from all this brouhaha.

In the case of Benue, Otorm was unanimously endorsed within the stipulated time, so no issue there.
You're correct.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by docadams: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

The APC lawyers did not request for the judge to award the mandate of the election to their client, Alhassan. All they requested, was for the elections to be nullified, but the tribunal judges helped them with a bonus, by cancelling the election and awarding the mandate to the APC candidate.

Are you just waking up? Before you state charging like a bull, I advise, you clarify from tonyebarca.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nedu666: 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

No region of the country can rule the country by itself alone. Sooner than later arguments and indifferences will erupt and then before you say jack, Buhari's circle of influence and friends will shrink to a few fools. The North can not repeat the past. In a military era, maybe, but in a democratic system, they can not. Especially in this modern day and age. The days of the North are over. Either they play ball, or we will bury them with their wives and children.
. Quote me it will happen as long as the north is united in their quest and the south are at each other's throat. Am sure u have heard of northern gov forum, have u heard of southern gov forum? Even in arewa forum, middle belt as always produced the chairman. My brother once again quote me the decimation of pdp is not about right or wrong but about power. Who ever Is the northerner buhari will hand over to will not go down well with apc members in the south west. One way to counter their reaction is by ensuring a one dominant party that will leave any region that refuses to go along out in the cold
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by focus7: 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Baecanista stop telling us here on NL, take your case to the tribunal. I know the Taraba case will be a pain in your spine.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by hinwazaka: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
nedu666:
. Quote me it will happen as long as the north is united in their quest and the south are at each other's throat. Am sure u have heard of northern gov forum, have u heard of southern gov forum? Even in arewa forum, middle belt as always produced the chairman. My brother once again quote me the decimation of pdp is not about right or wrong but about power. Who ever Is the northerner buhari will hand over to will not go down well with apc members in the south west. One way to counter their reaction is by ensuring a one dominant party that will leave any region that refuses to go along out in the cold
The Northern Govs forum and Area were there when GEJ became president.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by hinwazaka: 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
docadams:

Are you just waking up? Before you state charging like a bull, I advise, you clarify from tonyebarca.
Are you dull. Was it included in their prayer
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Akainzo(m): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
SenseiX:
Actually the Tribunal has dismissed the case. If the Taraba case holds then PDP has very strong grounds for appeal. I think the Supreme Court needs to be clear on whether primaries are grounds for declaring an opponent victory rather than fresh primaries and elections as specified by the electoral act. It amounts to outright robbery, Taraba is a strong PDP state and even GEJ floored Buhari here. This will only exacerbate the tensions between the mainly Christian and animist Jukun( the largest tribe in Taraba) who back the PDP and the large Hausa minority who lean towards the APC. There were already reports of tensions in Wukari yesterday.

Tribunal sitting in Makurdi, Benue State yesterday dismissed the petition filed by the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Terhemen Tarzoor against Governor Samuel Ortom of All Progressives Congress (APC).

Tarzoor had challenged the emergency of Ortom as governor and prayed that the governor was not qualified to contest the 2015 governorship election because the APC did not conduct the governorship primaries
http://www.leadership.ng/news/462233/tribunal-dismisses-pdps-petition-upholds-ortoms-election
Cc TonyeBarcanista the tribunal has ruled already. Double standards I guess .

The PDP in Benue and APC in Taraba both went to the Tribunal with the same claims, however APC was able to prove its case in the Taraba incident while the Tribunal held that the PDP did not prove their case in the Benue incident.

See extract from the same report you are alluding to

Justice Karatu ruled that Ortom was duly qualified to contest the April 2015 governorship election in accordance with section 138 (1a) and section 177 (c) of the 1999 constitution. She held that the petition did not provide evidence to convincingly uphold that the governor was not nominated by the APC.

According to Karatu, “the APC membership register was not provided by the petitioner as evidence and the discrepancy in the serial number as questioned by the petitioner is immaterial in the petition.”

“The tribunal however hold that the petition is therefore dismissed and the certificate of return of the first respondent is hereby restored,”she stated.

All cases are judged based on PROOF! You ahve to proof whatever you claim.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by dustmalik: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

What was the prayer of the APC lawyers in the Taraba tribunal. Nullification or Nullification + mandate. If father Christmas is in this tribunal, why shouldn't he be in the Benue tribunal as well.
Read the following
dustmalik:
What the tribunal has established is that, one, PDP conducted its primaries outside of the state capital, which is contrary to the electoral laws. Two, the primaries were also conducted outside of the timeline stipulated by the electoral laws. Either way, PDP automatically didn't have a candidate in the last election. So, the issue of granting another PDP the mandate doesn't come up at all. They are completely out of the race.

What PDP should have done was to endorse a preferred candidate within stipulated time and follow all due process. That would have saved them from all this brouhaha.
What this judgement means is that PDP never had a candidate in the election, due to the emergence of its candidate. In fact, PDP was ineligible for that election. Therefore, it's only logical that the only eligible candidate with the highest votes was Aisha Alhassan.

By the way, even if a rerun was ordered, the PDP would still be ineligible to contest.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by tosyne2much(m): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Lal,asticlala, Se.un, Obino.scopy your attention is needed to do the needful before the food goes cold.

Cc: Tosyn.e2much
Barcanista I hail thee cool
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by docadams: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

Are you dull. Was it included in their prayer

You are the dull one here. Go back to FP, a thread or two were devoted to that issue. In summary, APC pleaded that issue before the tribunal and such formed the basis for the judgement.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nigerianvenom(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Teryfik Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga, erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom PRYCE Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23,
coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 Mizmycoli DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 and all patriots

Same reason for nullifying rivers state governship election was d same reason lagos state tribunal refused to annulled ambodes election. We are watching.
I pray we dont turn into libya or Egypt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by docadams: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Same reason for nullifying rivers state governship election was d same reason lagos state tribunal refused to annulled ambodes election. We are watching.
I pray we dont turn into libya or Egypt

Hmmmmmm
When PDP were enforcing their 'do or die' politics and '60years rule' mantra you didn't turn to Libya and Egypt. Now that sanity is being restored, you want to turn?
Hypocrisy!
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by econity(m): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
Did PDP go to court on such grounds?.

This is why I don't take the OP serious. Who is to be blamed for PDP legal team shortsightedness.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
modath:

Please remove that word, is there any GIFT up for grabs.

Law does not give anyone anything, the onus is on the Petitioner to prove wrongdoing beyond any reasonable doubt & also establish any BIAS therein...

PDP should try to prove their cases in both instances if they have strong legal grounds & let the rule of law reign supreme..

Either way it goes, the good in all this is that better primaries & internal democracy will be the NORM!
Don't mind him. He thinks the law is a lottery/baba Ijebu: t'eyi o ba ti je, eyi a je.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
As usual Barcanista doesn't disappoint ... I expect a rejoinder on this issue from the other political party...
Yes; he never disappoints in regurgitating idiosyncratic gibberish. Will the court award what wasn't prayed? Perhaps the level of his intelligence and that of his supporters is displayed in the assumption that the Benue Tribunal will just award victory to PDP because a smart lawyer successfully exploited the flaw in PDP nomination Taraba. Sheer nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nobeku: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Goddex:
Just six months and the
APC/Buhari govt is already far worst than PDP.

INEC and the judiciary which the GEJ govt strengthened are now compromised
and turned to political tools.

Nigeria is being returned to the pre-Yar'Adua/GEJ era.
This is obviously going to be the longest 4yrs ever.
I am so so happy that your frustrations might just not end till 2023..You are officially FUUCKED...
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by ocelot2006(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Franklyly:
I stopped taking the op serious wen he did wat he did few weeks back,ure no diff from our thiefy politicians............and yes I didn't bother reading Wat u hav up dia!

Yet you're commenting on.his thread.....just say.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nobeku: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
No doubt that the r@pe of democracy prior to the run up of APC primaries in Benue State would be decided in court.
Orthom is going down unless the APC as usual will shamelessly do what they know how to do best - Which is to ignore sharp practices by their party members and associates while trying to arm twist opposition at the slightest electoral matters that seem not to favour the APC.

And I still maintain that Buhari is a disgrace to democracy.
Your dead father is a disgrace to manhood...
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Okobaba1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
The way Nigeria is going I won't be surprised if we break up.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by goodgate: 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
Franklyly:
I stopped taking the op serious wen he did wat he did few weeks back,ure no diff from our thiefy politicians............and yes I didn't bother reading Wat u hav up dia!
Don't blame him,he is not gainfully employed, he needs a JOB.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nobeku: 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
dridowu:
This issue should be taken up by the PDP to reclaim Benue state to the people. I believe that the court will do the needful should PDP raise this issue before it.

That is if PDP can proof that beyond reasonable doubt @ the tribunal/COA/Supreme
So you believe the PDP do not know all about these legal/political postulations? And yet, armed with all these, the PDP is quiet about it? PDP recognizes the fact that they have FAILED... Take it or Leave it...
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by dustmalik: 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
Okobaba1:
The way Nigeria is going I won't be surprised if we break up.
So, because the impunity of PDP isn't being tolerated any longer therefore, Nigeria should break up?
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Icecomrade: 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Just yesterday, the Taraba state governorship election petition tribunal that sat in Abuja nullified the election of Governor Ishaku Darius of the PDP in favor of Hajia Aisha Alhassan of APC. The decision was based on the ground that Architect Ishaku Darius was not validly nominated by the PDP in contravention of Sections 78, 85 and 87 of the Electoral Act(EA 2010). Specifically, the tribunal held that the PDP never had legal candidate for the Taraba poll.

If we are to go by the judgement, then it will be fair for the Benue state election tribunal to nullify the election of Governor Samuel Orthom of APC because his nomination contravened S 78(b)(1)(2), 85(1) and 85(2) of the Electoral Act as well.

Governor Orthom's Illegitimate Nomination:
According to INEC's timetable for 2015 General election, primary election of candidate was slated for October 2 and December 11, 2014.

The APC Governorship primary election for Benue state was originally slated for December 4/5 2014, but it wasn't held. It was again shifted to December 11, 2014(deadline) but NO primary election was held on the said day. No report that any delegate participated in ANY primary election on that day. The party 'elders' settled for a consensus candidate before the midnight of the day. Even the pro-APC Nations Newspaper reported that;

"Chief Ortom emerged after other governorship aspirants stepped down for him at the end of a close door meeting brokered by the senate minority leader, Senator George Akume, in Makurdi."
www.thenationonlineng.net/benue-apc-settles-ortom-governorship-candidate/

In fact, the five other APC aspirants including, Emmanuel Jime, Mike Iordye, Akange Audu, Sen Joseph Waku and Prof Steve Ugbah released a statement on December 12, 2014 to REJECT the arrangement of the so-called party elders in Benue state (see here www.leadership.ng/news/394871/benue-apc-primaries-5-guber-aspirants-reject-ortom).

Further more, INEC was NOT present at the dead of the night to witness the illegitimate arrangement that was held inside somebody's parlour. Let us no forget that Goodluck Jonathan though a PDP consensus candidate, went through formal primaries to fulfill the Electoral Act.

APC Has No Legal Gubernatorial Candidate For Benue state:
Going by the above, the arrangement that brought Samuel Orthom as the APC candidate for Benue state governorship election contravenes sections 78(b)(1)(2) and85(1)(2) of the Electoral Act 2010.

Section 78 (b) (1)(2) of the Electoral Act states: In the case of nomination to the position of Governorship candidate, a political party shall where they intend to sponsor candidates:

(i) hold special congress in each of the Local Government Areas of the States with delegates voting for each of the aspirants at the congress to be held in designated centres on specified dates.

(ii) the aspirant with the highest number of vote at the end of the voting shall be declared the winner of the primaries of the party and aspirant’s name shall be forwarded to the commission as the candidate of the party, for the particular state.

The arrangement that brought Orthom never met the above condition. Hence, the APC technically has no candidate for Benue state governorship election 2015. There is no record that APC Benue delegates endorsed Samuel Orthom as candidate through voice votes or ballot box. There is also no record that INEC witnessed any Benue APC governorship primary election on or before December 11, 2014 which is in contravento to S85 of the Electoral Act.

The PDP candidate Terhemen Tarzor should have been declared as the legitimate winner of the election by INEC and the Tribunal.

INEC's and Judicial Glaring Hypocrisy:
The position of INEC on Taraba and Benue states reeks double standard. While they testified that they never witnessed ANY primary legitimate PDP primary for Taraba state governorship contest, the FAILED to testify same for Benue state. This issue though part of PDP's petition, must be seriously pursued by the PDP at the Court of Appeal to reclaim Benue state to the people.

The Petition tribunal in Benue state unfortunately dismissed the issue on "technical" ground in the rulling on September 21, 2015 in order to keep Orthom in power. This is double standard from the Judiciary. You can't nullify A and Uphold B when they bother on the same matter. I'm optimistic that the Court of Appeal will upturn the verdict.

What is good for Taraba should be good for Benue.!!!

May God Bless Us
All and Bless Nigeria

Don't mind these people. They are jokers.
They ruled against PDP challenging the relocation of tribunal to Abuja on the ground of insecurity.

Rochas Okorocha contested for APC presidential candidate and picked up the governorship ticket few weeks to the election. Did they follow this process based for this decision in Taraba? Yet his election was upheld.

I beg PDP to challenge this to supreme court. Let's seal this at the court of highest jurisdiction as Judicial precedence.

One thing I know for sure. No matter how the judiciary allow themselves to be manipulated to lay bad judiciary precedent, it will come back to haunt those who did and come back to haunt our entire democratic process

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by teepain: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Just yesterday, the Taraba state governorship election petition tribunal that sat in Abuja nullified the election of Governor Ishaku Darius of the PDP in favor of Hajia Aisha Alhassan of APC. The decision was based on the ground that Architect Ishaku Darius was not validly nominated by the PDP in contravention of Sections 78, 85 and 87 of the Electoral Act(EA 2010). Specifically, the tribunal held that the PDP never had legal candidate for the Taraba poll.

If we are to go by the judgement, then it will be fair for the Benue state election tribunal to nullify the election of Governor Samuel Orthom of APC because his nomination contravened S 78(b)(1)(2), 85(1) and 85(2) of the Electoral Act as well.

Governor Orthom's Illegitimate Nomination:
According to INEC's timetable for 2015 General election, primary election of candidate was slated for October 2 and December 11, 2014.

The APC Governorship primary election for Benue state was originally slated for December 4/5 2014, but it wasn't held. It was again shifted to December 11, 2014(deadline) but NO primary election was held on the said day. No report that any delegate participated in ANY primary election on that day. The party 'elders' settled for a consensus candidate before the midnight of the day. Even the pro-APC Nations Newspaper reported that;

"Chief Ortom emerged after other governorship aspirants stepped down for him at the end of a close door meeting brokered by the senate minority leader, Senator George Akume, in Makurdi."
www.thenationonlineng.net/benue-apc-settles-ortom-governorship-candidate/

In fact, the five other APC aspirants including, Emmanuel Jime, Mike Iordye, Akange Audu, Sen Joseph Waku and Prof Steve Ugbah released a statement on December 12, 2014 to REJECT the arrangement of the so-called party elders in Benue state (see here www.leadership.ng/news/394871/benue-apc-primaries-5-guber-aspirants-reject-ortom).

Further more, INEC was NOT present at the dead of the night to witness the illegitimate arrangement that was held inside somebody's parlour. Let us no forget that Goodluck Jonathan though a PDP consensus candidate, went through formal primaries to fulfill the Electoral Act.

APC Has No Legal Gubernatorial Candidate For Benue state:
Going by the above, the arrangement that brought Samuel Orthom as the APC candidate for Benue state governorship election contravenes sections 78(b)(1)(2) and85(1)(2) of the Electoral Act 2010.

Section 78 (b) (1)(2) of the Electoral Act states: In the case of nomination to the position of Governorship candidate, a political party shall where they intend to sponsor candidates:

(i) hold special congress in each of the Local Government Areas of the States with delegates voting for each of the aspirants at the congress to be held in designated centres on specified dates.

(ii) the aspirant with the highest number of vote at the end of the voting shall be declared the winner of the primaries of the party and aspirant’s name shall be forwarded to the commission as the candidate of the party, for the particular state.

The arrangement that brought Orthom never met the above condition. Hence, the APC technically has no candidate for Benue state governorship election 2015. There is no record that APC Benue delegates endorsed Samuel Orthom as candidate through voice votes or ballot box. There is also no record that INEC witnessed any Benue APC governorship primary election on or before December 11, 2014 which is in contravento to S85 of the Electoral Act.

The PDP candidate Terhemen Tarzor should have been declared as the legitimate winner of the election by INEC and the Tribunal.

INEC's and Judicial Glaring Hypocrisy:
The position of INEC on Taraba and Benue states reeks double standard. While they testified that they never witnessed ANY primary legitimate PDP primary for Taraba state governorship contest, the FAILED to testify same for Benue state. This issue though part of PDP's petition, must be seriously pursued by the PDP at the Court of Appeal to reclaim Benue state to the people.

The Petition tribunal in Benue state unfortunately dismissed the issue on "technical" ground in the rulling on September 21, 2015 in order to keep Orthom in power. This is double standard from the Judiciary. You can't nullify A and Uphold B when they bother on the same matter. I'm optimistic that the Court of Appeal will upturn the verdict.

What is good for Taraba should be good for Benue.!!!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

Unfortunately the law is an ass! The judges can't give any relief that is not sought by the petitioner. You may need to advise us if this relief was sought by the petitioner in Benue.

2 Likes

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by major466(m): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
It is unfortunate that Nigerian youths of the APC supporters do not understand the implications of allowing impunity to reign as such manoeuvres becomes the order of the day and whatever gain made Which was pioneered by Jonathan's administration either by his actions or inaction will simply crumble thereby returning us back to 2009 to 2011 demo-crazy by Obasanjo where oppositions never existed in almost all the states .
Buhari led Govt . need to understand that in trying to be in charge he should not use his executive influence to undemocratically subject our hard earned democracy to mockery because of his personal aggrandizement .
This was one of the reasons why I rejected this man - This was a man who truncated our first democracy and subjected citizens to all sort of inhuman treatment and denial of their basic rights as citizens ,destroyed the economy with his hardline policies that isn't in tandem with the realities on ground yet some bunch of people fell for his 'change' and 'I will fight corruption' mantra of deceit and self serving.
The truth is that if he continues to chase rats while the house burns, the ensuing chaos is something that we can only imagine.
Words of Wisdom.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Okobaba1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
dustmalik:

So, because the impunity of PDP isn't being tolerated any longer therefore, Nigeria should break up?

Calm down. Pray fr Nigeria because we are abt to enter into serious trying times. The Ominous signs are there fr evry1 to see.

The Biafrans are pressing on everyday nd government has nt been able to curtail them yet nd d situation remains tricky. In d Niger delta, Amnesty programme wud wind up next month. Fulani herdsmen have suddenly grown stronger and hav started terrorizing communities in all d regions of Nigeria. Kidnappers are becoming more ingenious.

If these were all the challenges bedeviling Nigeria I would have said it is normal fr any nation to go thru such problems but these are nt all. The worse is d drop in Revenue which has put governance on standstill with unemployment on d rise.

In all, let's pray fr Nigeria. There is nothing that God cn not do.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nobeku: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
Young03:
The truth z dat am tired of this country

buhari has done more harm than good

quote me wrong if am sayin lies
YOU ARE spilling LIES!!!!!
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by nickxtra(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Somebody should tell Barcanister that the Court is not a father Christmas and therefore cannot grant to a litigant a relief not sought in a claim or counter. The APC sought for the relief and it was granted, which I doubt if it was pleaded for by the PDP at the court below.
Re: Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible are Black people (Bantu) of Africa.
Song of Solomon 1:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
I AM BLACK, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I AM BLACK, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
  click, read , and like my Facebook Page for more information--- http://m.facebook.com/Hebrew-Israelite-Philosophy-810628495726004/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Emir Sanusi As #TakeItBack Movement Spreads To North / The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.