Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

God(s) And Our Ignorance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God(s) And Our Ignorance (4397 Views)

Our Ignorance Is God / Collection Of Thought Patterns That Created God(s) Idea / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 11:53am On Nov 08, 2015
[b]
I have many times discussed with theistic people both religious and irreligious and many times have been about the existence of God or Gods.

One thing is very clear, all the arguments i have seen from the believers side is always banked on "IGNORANCE of men"

This line of argument not only is it shallow has also betrayed a sort of incuriosity in ascertaining empirically the actuality of these events of phenomenas man has not yet known or explained.

You see something like.

- How was the world created? Since you can't explain it then God did it..

- What brought the universe into existence, since you don't know how that happened then God did it.

- Can you explain the emergence of life, since you don't know then God did it.

-Do you know how the pyramids of Egypt where built, No Gods did it.

This above sums up the totality of it all. . ."I don't know how this happened then God did it"

This line of thought is as dangerous to the curiosity of man as every other thing and it can be a detriment to development of human knowledge in determining how these things happened.

It is a relic of a primitive mindset, a noble but yet i find to be a childish attempt in explaining what is... The ancient men way of explaining a large world they don't even understand yet..

That is where many phenomenas and events where attributed to Gods that are not any more than the personification of the actual reacting elements responsible for these and this has eaten deep into the psychology of humans and sadly through indoctrination has eaten deep into that of 21st century humans an era marked with outstanding scientific enquiry and achievements.

You get things like.

How did this world came to be, the ancients provided answers. . ( Mind you these men knew nothing more than what they can see on earth, they had no idea what the milky way galaxy is talk more of knowing there are others)

Their answers were Gods did it.

To the Egyptians it was ATUM and others deities that did as recorded in the egyptian book of pyramids (one of the very first religious texts known to man)

In babylonian mythology it was Apsu and Tiamat as recorded in Enuma elis

In Canaanite mythology the God el did

In jewish myth Yahweh did.

And so spans to more than 2,900 different versions of creation story found in different cultures and religion in antiquity.

These people were trying to explain the emergence of the world they live in... These stories imbedded in the different cultural decorums of the people where they are found.

The problem with this is that it does not answer the question it only postpones it and stops a mind from striving to know through consistent study and empirical observation how it actually happened.

Because since you think you know, how can you still know that which you already know?

Modern science would dub planetary formations the action of Gravity on matter (Star debris)

That we do not know how something did or not have an explanation YET is not a ground for unfounded assumptions dogmatized as a universal truth and worse of all needs to be believed by FAITH.

Long ago we used to think Lightening was because Amadioha got angry, now we know better and nobody is arguing amadioha does that anymore.

That we didn't know how lightening came to be does not mean amadioha must be real to explain how lightening came to be... It means we don't know and that is that.

That we don't know how the universe came to be means we don't not that Gods did it, It simply means we don't

For every claim empirical substantiation is required therefore if one asserts to know how the universe came to be one must be ready to back up their claim empirically by producing methods of deduction.

But no, just ask someone how they got to deduct that fact and you hear "My holy book says so then i believe it with faith"

The idea of "Gods did it" have been one that always feeds on the ignorance of men....

Many people who are familiar with the scientific explanation of planetary formations no longer claim Gods did it but they will have to shift that claim to a premise man have no established knowledge of yet.

So who created the universe?

The things that we know and have explanations for, nobody claims God or Gods are responsible for them ..

But

when we have no explanation for something YET then automatically it becomes evidence for God did it.

Ignorance as regard an event or phenomenon is not evidence for Gods or God but it is only evidence of Ignorance.

That one do not know or explain yet through empirical deductions the emergence of the universe doesn't mean a God did it, it means we don't know yet.

Let us not use our ignorance as a butter to eat unfounded assumptions....

Many in this dogmatic tilt of belief has tend to chastise science and in such mind make science out to be a belief system.

Science in no way has ever hoped on establishing immutable dogmas or postulations that must be believed, science is study through systematic deduction in order to reach a truthful approximation at the same time recognize chances of being wrong and in no way ever asserts absolute truth has been achieved.

What man cannot explain now does not require God to fill that gap, it means we do not have the explanation yet and so we should strive to know and not assume up answers.

In such sheepish line of argument one would in a desperate attempt would label the burden of proof on the one who doubts such claims.

e.g: You hear questions like " Can you prove a creator God didn't do it?"

For crying out loud i can't also prove it wasn't an invisible pen that did it...

How can one disprove that which you the claimant has not proven, that is like disproving nothing..

Let me hope we don't fill our heads with dogmas of knowing and kill our ability to know what really is...

The claims of "God did it" being a relic of a primitive past, i find it to be noble but yet a childish attempt and a gap filler in the face of a premise where we lack knowledge.

We shouldn't be ashamed to agree we don't know there is no shame in it, the only problem arises when assumptions and irrational assertions and attendant behaviours fills the gap left by our ignorance...

The "God did it" will always rely on the ignorance of man for basis
[/b]

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by kingkaspa: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice write up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
kingkaspa:
Nice write up.
Animals of the same mentality. What is nice about the write up? Silly...

1 Like

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by kingkaspa: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
HCpaul:

Animals of the same mentality.
What is nice about the write up? Silly...
I am not going to come down low and talk trash with you, counter the statements by the OP if you are mature enough.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
I believe that you are independent of God, but i don't think that you are independent of the devil.

At some level, satan is also an athiest.

Jonnydon! Why did you believe what the bible says and you still claim that there is no God.

The bible talked about the earth and you believed it.

The bible talked about death and you believed in it because you see people dying.

Keep decieving yourself. You are not an athiest but a backslider.

Have never seen bill gate quoting the scripture, and yet he is an athiest.

Challenging the saints with the scripture is a manifestation of loosing one salvation.
You was once found but lost.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
kingkaspa:
I am not going to come down low and talk trash with you, counter the statements by the OP if you are mature enough.

Them never born you well.
Imagine! On a sunday afternun you are here displaying an act of stupidity.

Bird of the same feathers.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
HCpaul:
I believe that you are independent of God, but i don't think that you are independent of the devil.
Jonnydon! Why did you believe what the bible says and you still claim that there is no God.
The bible talked about the earth and you believed it.
The bible talked about death and you believed in it because you see people dying.

Keep decieving yourself. You are not an athiest but a backslider.
Have never seen bill gate quoting the scripture, and yet he is an athiest.

Challenging the saints with the scripture is a manifestation of loosing one salvation.
You was once found but lost.

Sometimes i really wish you read what you write, someone who sounds as daft and dumb as you should be seeking help from psychiatric homes..

#Sighs. . . Just take a look at the effect of religion on minds of our youths..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by kingkaspa: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
HCpaul:

Them never born you well.
Imagine! On a sunday afternun you are here displaying an act of stupidity.

Bird of the same feathers.
What else can i do than to laugh at your stupidity and immaturity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by ichommy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
HCpaul:

Animals of the same mentality.
What is nice about the write up? Silly...

Nobody push you to this Thread. Whats ya own headache about the write Up. Mtcheww

3 Likes

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
kingkaspa:
What else can i do than to laugh at your stupidity and immaturity.
ichommy:

Nobody push you to this Thread. Whats ya own headache about the write Up. Mtcheww

He should be ignored because giving such persons attention only fuels his idiocy...

I suggest we ignore what any daft write up he brings up that is not in relation to the Op..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by malvisguy212: 1:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
trash!!!
The op misunderstood the christian faith.
Because faith is sometimes described as believing in things that cannot be seen, does it mean a christian cannot ask questions? Are you not a former christian? How did you arrived at this stage of your belief? You are not qualified to interpret the bible talkless of faith.

God tells us that we are to love Him with
more than our heart. We are to have a
relationship that is emotional and
intellectual:
Matthew 22:37-38
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your MIND. This is the great and foremost commandment."

When we examine our world and the
evidence for the existence of God, we are worshipping God with our mind and this kind of worship pleases God.it is either we worship him with our mind or NOT.

Christians Are Called to Examine Their
Beliefs. God wants us to know what we believe and why we believe it. We’re not called to numbly trust everything that might be taught in our world today,even if some Christian teacher is the source! We’re expected to be critical, skeptical and thoughtful:
1 Thessalonians 5:19-21
Do not quench the Spirit; do not
despise prophetic utterances. But
EXAMINE EVERYTHING CAREFULLY; hold fast to that which is good…
1 John 4:1
Beloved, DO NOT BELIEVE EVERY SPIRIT BUT TEST THE SPIRIT to see whether they are from God; because many false
prophets have gone out into the world.

Skepticism is important to the Christian
faith; skepticism causes us to examine
what we believe and search for the
evidence that confirms our beliefs. God
honors this kind of skepticism because
He knows that it leads to a deeper faith
in Him.

Christians Are Called to be Convinced
of What They Believe God wants us to be certain and base our certainty on evidence that can be articulated to others who may have doubts:
Romans 14:5
Let each man be FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND.

Conviction is the result of certainty, and
certainty is the result of evidential
confidence. We are called to be convinced by mastering the evidence
that supports what we believe. The
Christians life is not one of "wishful
thinking"or"hope in the unreasonable".
It is a life of certainty, grounded in the
evidence.

Conclusions
Christians can be "case makers" precisely because the Christian faith is an evidential faith. When we, as Christians, argue for the truth of the Christian Worldview, we are not sharing an opinion. There either is a God, or there is not. Jesus is that God, or He is not. Salvation comes through Christ alone (as Jesus Himself maintained), or it does not. This is not a matter of opinion, personal preference or wishful thinking. The Christian faith is grounded in evidence that can be assessed and evaluated. The Christian faith is an evidential faith.

I want to ask you a questions but I remember you're not an evolutionist

2 Likes

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by malvisguy212: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
kingkaspa:
Nice write up.
are you a christian? Can you give me one verse from the bible were God forbid us to ask questions, we should just believe God did it without asking?
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
[b] ^^^^ You see the insecurity of most Christians? My post in no way mentions the Christian faith or any religion in particular and but the idea of theism and the "Argumentum ad ignorantum" fallacy.

But somehow this guy above makes it about Christianity even when it not in the slightest is about it...

That you imagined i was addressing your religion is your own cup of tea and remains figments of your imagination.

This reveals your own insecurity in your own faith because you assuming i was addressing Christianity is not only idiotic but outrightly wrong..

I have always told you the reason why you rarely make sense is that you don't read, you just assume and rush to comment... Now that you have totally laid a comment that is totally different from the Op and have associated the Op with your religion one wouldn't help just seeing yow daft someone can get..

Now read the post again, understand it and modify...

Please people did i address my post on any religion or God?
[/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

He should be ignored because giving such persons attention only fuels his idiocy...

I suggest we ignore what any daft write up he brings up that is not in relation to the Op..

You may call me a fool, but i know what am doing.

The bible said that God uses the foolish things of this world to comfound the wise.

Your wisdom can still send you to hell.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by kingkaspa: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a christian? Can you give me one verse from the bible were God forbid us to ask questions, we should just believe God did it without asking?
Not a Christian.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by ichommy(m): 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
HCpaul:

You may call me a fool, but i know what am doing.

The bible said that God uses the foolish things of this world to comfound the wise.

Your wisdom can still send you to hell.

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by malvisguy212: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
kingkaspa:
Not a Christian.
alright. So please stop misinterpreting the christian faith. Ask questions what you do not know, if I cannot answer , some of my christians brethren may answer. Peace!
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by malvisguy212: 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:
[b] ^^^^ You see the insecurity of most Christians? My post in no way mentions the Christian faith or any religion in particular and but the idea of theism and the "Argumentum ad ignorantum" fallacy.

But somehow this guy above makes it about Christianity even when it not in the slightest is about it...

That you imagined i was addressing your religion is your own cup of tea and remains figments of your imagination.

This reveals your own insecurity in your own faith because you assuming i was addressing Christianity is not only idiotic but outrightly wrong..

I have always told you the reason why you rarely make sense is that you don't read, you just assume and rush to comment... Now that you have totally laid a comment that is totally different from the Op and have associated the Op with your religion one wouldn't help just seeing yow daft someone can get..

Now read the post again, understand it and modify...

Please people did i address my post on any religion or God?
[/b]
fool. I represents christian. I clear the air on christian faith.

1 Like

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jonnydon shalom
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]
I have many times discussed with theistic people both religious and irreligious and many times have been about the existence of God or Gods.

One thing is very clear, all the arguments i have seen from the believers side is always banked on "IGNORANCE of men"

This line of argument not only is it shallow has also betrayed a sort of incuriosity in ascertaining empirically the actuality of these events of phenomenas man has not yet known or explained.

You see something like.

- How was the world created? Since you can't explain it then God did it..

- What brought the universe into existence, since you don't know how that happened then God did it.

- Can you explain the emergence of life, since you don't know then God did it.

-Do you know how the pyramids of Egypt where built, No Gods did it.

This above sums up the totality of it all. . ."I don't know how this happened then God did it"

This line of thought is as dangerous to the curiosity of man as every other thing and it can be a detriment to development of human knowledge in determining how these things happened.

It is a relic of a primitive mindset, a noble but yet i find to be a childish attempt in explaining what is... The ancient men way of explaining a large world they don't even understand yet..

That is where many phenomenas and events where attributed to Gods that are not any more than the personification of the actual reacting elements responsible for these and this has eaten deep into the psychology of humans and sadly through indoctrination has eaten deep into that of 21st century humans an era marked with outstanding scientific enquiry and achievements.

You get things like.

How did this world came to be, the ancients provided answers. . ( Mind you these men knew nothing more than what they can see on earth, they had no idea what the milky way galaxy is talk more of knowing there are others)

Their answers were Gods did it.

To the Egyptians it was ATUM and others deities that did as recorded in the egyptian book of pyramids (one of the very first religious texts known to man)

In babylonian mythology it was Apsu and Tiamat as recorded in Enuma elis

In Canaanite mythology the God el did

In jewish myth Yahweh did.

And so spans to more than 2,900 different versions of creation story found in different cultures and religion in antiquity.

These people were trying to explain the emergence of the world they live in... These stories imbedded in the different cultural decorums of the people where they are found.

The problem with this is that it does not answer the question it only postpones it and stops a mind from striving to know through consistent study and empirical observation how it actually happened.

Because since you think you know, how can you still know that which you already know?

Modern science would dub planetary formations the action of Gravity on matter (Star debris)

That we do not know how something did or not have an explanation YET is not a ground for unfounded assumptions dogmatized as a universal truth and worse of all needs to be believed by FAITH.

Long ago we used to think Lightening was because Amadioha got angry, now we know better and nobody is arguing amadioha does that anymore.

That we didn't know how lightening came to be does not mean amadioha must be real to explain how lightening came to be... It means we don't know and that is that.

That we don't know how the universe came to be means we don't not that Gods did it, It simply means we don't

For every claim empirical substantiation is required therefore if one asserts to know how the universe came to be one must be ready to back up their claim empirically by producing methods of deduction.

But no, just ask someone how they got to deduct that fact and you hear "My holy book says so then i believe it with faith"

The idea of "Gods did it" have been one that always feeds on the ignorance of men....

Many people who are familiar with the scientific explanation of planetary formations no longer claim Gods did it but they will have to shift that claim to a premise man have no established knowledge of yet.

So who created the universe?

The things that we know and have explanations for, nobody claims God or Gods are responsible for them ..

But

when we have no explanation for something YET then automatically it becomes evidence for God did it.

Ignorance as regard an event or phenomenon is not evidence for Gods or God but it is only evidence of Ignorance.

That one do not know or explain yet through empirical deductions the emergence of the universe doesn't mean a God did it, it means we don't know yet.

Let us not use our ignorance as a butter to eat unfounded assumptions....

Many in this dogmatic tilt of belief has tend to chastise science and in such mind make science out to be a belief system.

Science in no way has ever hoped on establishing immutable dogmas or postulations that must be believed, science is study through systematic deduction in order to reach a truthful approximation at the same time recognize chances of being wrong and in no way ever asserts absolute truth has been achieved.

What man cannot explain now does not require God to fill that gap, it means we do not have the explanation yet and so we should strive to know and not assume up answers.

In such sheepish line of argument one would in a desperate attempt would label the burden of proof on the one who doubts such claims.

e.g: You hear questions like " Can you prove a creator God didn't do it?"

For crying out loud i can't also prove it wasn't an invisible pen that did it...

How can one disprove that which you the claimant has not proven, that is like disproving nothing..

Let me hope we don't fill our heads with dogmas of knowing and kill our ability to know what really is...

The claims of "God did it" being a relic of a primitive past, i find it to be noble but yet a childish attempt and a gap filler in the face of a premise where we lack knowledge.

We shouldn't be ashamed to agree we don't know there is no shame in it, the only problem arises when assumptions and irrational assertions and attendant behaviours fills the gap left by our ignorance...

The "God did it" will always rely on the ignorance of man for basis
[/b]

Some atheists peddle Evolution as science and cannot explain why we evolved certain features instead it is seen or described as an 'evolutionary need' - evolution-of-the-gaps also known as "evolution did it ". Should we call them ignorant too ?

Please I need an honest "yes" or "no" answer and then your reason . Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Some atheists peddle Evolution as science

First evolution is a Scientific theory..

and cannot explain why we evolved certain features instead it is seen or described as an 'evolutionary need' - evolution-of-the-gaps also known as "evolution did it ". Should we call them ignorant too ?

I have read the evolutionary mechanism and find it to be quite drastically different from what both you and most atheists on this board make it out to be.

Many have taken evolutionary theory as an immutable dogma that must be believed in the explanation of human development and therefore tend to lean towards evolution as a form of belief instead of a scientific enquiry...

Please I need an honest "yes" or "no" answer and then your reason . Thanks bro

On the part of many on this board "Yes" it is used as another dogma to replace religious dogmas and distanced from what it actually is which is Subject of scientific enquiry..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

First evolution is a Scientific theory..

I have read the evolutionary mechanism and find it to be quite drastically different from what both you and most atheists on this board make it out to be.

Many have taken evolutionary theory as an immutable dogma that must be believed in the explanation of human development and therefore tend to lean towards evolution as a form of belief instead of a scientific enquiry...

On the part of many on this board "Yes" it is used as another dogma to replace religious dogmas and distanced from what it actually is which is Subject of scientific enquiry..

Excellent response

This I believe will come in handy smiley

Thanks
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by Shollyps(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
good one prof......still waiting for a reasonable reply from the thiest....so far...they av all been talking trash

1 Like

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shollyps:
good one prof......still waiting for a reasonable reply from the thiest....so far...they av all been talking trash

Lol ... johnydon22 ... is talking about something entirely different . God did it actually but He wants you to study and study and study to understand the way what he created works .

I mean electronic devices have manuals which help us to understand how they operate . Science helps to understand God's creation . The belief in God does not stop you from making discoveries or comprehending how nature works . Most of the examples given are people's ignorant claims .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by khaynoni(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... johnydon22 ... is talking about something entirely different . God did it actually but He wants you to study and study and study to understand the way what he created works .

I mean electronic devices have manuals which help us to understand how they operate . Science helps to understand God's creation . The belief in God does not stop you from making discoveries or comprehending how nature works . Most of the examples given are people's ignorant claims .

If you read your bible very well, you'll realise that your god never wanted you to know anything. Digest Gen 3 very well and pay a close attention to verse 22. So stop deceiving yourself that he wanted you to understand how things worked, that was why he hid some things from you (ignorant ones).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
khaynoni:

If you read your bible very well, you'll realise that your god never wanted you to know anything. Digest Gen 3 very well and pay a close attention to verse 22. So stop deceiving yourself that he wanted you to understand how things worked, that was why he hid some things from you (ignorant ones).

wow .. just wow . I'm really learning new things today
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by herald9: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
HCpaul:

shooo! This is ridiculous!

Satan have been reported many times in the bible to have sat over a bottle of beer with your god in heaven, discussing the fate of humans... Such as in the story of Job.

So if Satan could see your god, see all his acclaimed glories and communicated one on one with him but still became an atheist... YOU HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE WORRIED!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by hahn(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
herald9:

shooo! This is ridiculous!

Satan have been reported many times in the bible to have sat over a bottle of beer with your god in heaven, discussing the fate of humans... Such as in the story of Job.

So if Satan could see your god, see all his acclaimed glories and communicated one on one with him but still became an atheist... YOU HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE WORRIED!

I don't agree with the bolded. They sat with a bottle of orijin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by abduljabbar4(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
fool. I represents christian. I clear the air on christian faith.

What air did you clear in that stup!d post?
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by abduljabbar4(m): 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Even though im a Muslim, i think the op won this argument. But take for example, prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) gave us signs of end time and many other things that were not existing during his time and now we are seeing it and many other things. Both the christians and the op are only wasting their time. None of you can provide a clear evidence of whether God exists or not. Its all about belief

2 Likes

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Even though im a Muslim, i think the op won this argument. But take for example, prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) gave us signs of end time and many other things that were not existing during his time and now we are seeing it and many other things.

Oh so did Nostradamus and the bible too.. these events said to be prophesized have all being happening even before your prophets.. You are just linking events to mean prophecy of your prophet to instigate correctness.. Thats another claim.

Let me make my own prophecy now.:
" Soon a great ram will fight another ram and the world will hear about it"

Sometime two countries will fight, then surely my prophecy of two great rams fighting must be said to have come to pass..

Both the christians and the op are only wasting their time. [size=20]None of you can provide a clear evidence of whether God exists or not. Its all about belief[/size]

Oh the enlarged is so so true and is a very good one at that. . . there are many things we cannot provide proof for or against their existentiality and i see no reason why we should assume since we don't know..

You cannot prove if a flying diamond horned Cow exists or if there is a house of clear cut diamond somewhere, neither can you disprove there is..

I absolutely see no reason why you should then assume there is...

But if you ever assert there is then you must be ready to provide empirical substantiation for your claim

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians / How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy / The Fear Of A 'god' Is The Beginning Of Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.