Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates (8585 Views)

Second Class Lower Graduates Only / FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC / Let Us Know The State You Choose As The 1st,2nd And 3rd,on Your NYSC Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Yes oh! As the name of the thread implies this is for we who were able to graduate with "below average" degrees. I am about to join the second stream STRAIGHT to katsina state (I was posted to borno)

We too want to have good jobs after service
We too want to be making lots of money DURING and after service
We DEFINITELY are not ashamed of our degrees

I myself escaped with a 3rd class, I just see the certificate as what I got after 4 years of studying in a typical Nigerian state university. By God's grace I still have at least 50 more years to live on this earth and I can do it over and over again and get a better 2nd, 3rd or 4th degree to add to this one.

Now why I opened this thread was to see if the stories I heard of corpers making money aside from the state and federal government alowee was feasible. Is it true that I can secure a loan from the government after the service year by depositing my certificate as a collateral?

If this is possible I need to know how to go about applying for it and know if anybody here on NL has done same successfully before. I have some nice entrepreneurship ideas I want to put into play but would require the capital. I'm from a struggling background so I need to do this on my own and fast too because time as they say waits for nobody.

Please let there be only mature responses, this is really important to me and a whole lot of other individuals on this forum. Thank you.

And ermm. . . I know this my own watch is not expensive or flashy (thanks to our aboki brothers who I purchased it from) but I need some likes to motivate me to enter into a partnership with someone in borno for supplies lol

3 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrlekan07034617: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
What's dis one saying? U better face your service year and make good use of it!!

3 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by boboLIL(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy birthday to me..... Guys appreciate me.... Its only God that can do it....today is my day

3 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mrlekan07034617:
What's dis one saying? U better face your service year and make good use of it!!

At least make me understand that you meant well with this your contribution by telling me how to make good use of the service year

2 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by henrixx(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
Wen you get to camp join sdg/mdg..... U will be offered the chance to acquire a loan using ur certificate as collateral

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
henrixx:
Wen you get to camp join sdg/mdg..... U will be offered the chance to acquire a loan using ur certificate as collateral

Thanks so much for the information. Please allow me worry you further, what does that SDG/MDG mean?

Also, how is the repayment schedule/plan supposed to be like? Is there a stipulated time frame for one to repay the loan or get penalized for defaulting?

Also, did you benefit from such scheme yourself? I just need more information but it seems everyone is against dropping their own opinions on this issue. Thanks again
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by henrixx(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Conner44:

Thanks so much for the information. Please allow me worry you further, what does that SDG/MDG mean?

Also, how is the repayment schedule/plan supposed to be like? Is there a stipulated time frame for one to repay the loan or get penalized for defaulting?

Also, did you benefit from such scheme yourself? I just need more information but it seems everyone is against dropping their own opinions on this issue. Thanks again
It's a development programme aimed at eliminating poverty... Tho if you join you will be posted to a typical village

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Dubemkelly(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
second class lower 2.2 is fair enough... The only challenge lies on 3rd class cos it quite below average

2 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2015
henrixx:
It's a development programme aimed at eliminating poverty... Tho if you join you will be posted to a typical village

I understand. Could I join up in camp or must I be posted to my ppa first?

Why I ask is because it seems I may be recommended for redeployment and when I do I am wondering if the new state I find myself in would still work with my camp portfolio concerning if I get posted to a very rural area based on the fact that I might have joined that group while in camp (this is if I can join while in camp)
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2015
Dubemkelly:
second class lower 2.2 is fair enough... The only challenge lies on 3rd class cos it quite below average

Yes it's indeed a challenge I am quite ready to face head on

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by teebee22(f): 10:46am On Nov 10, 2015
Dubemkelly:
pls wats 2.2 equivalent for polytechnic students? dats the grade range
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Dubemkelly(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2015
teebee22:
pls wats 2.2 equivalent for polytechnic students? dats the grade range
Polythenics has Distinction as her 1st class, Upper credit *s 2.1 and Lower credit as 2.2... Lower credit should be the university equivalent

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Dubemkelly(m): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2015
Conner44:

Yes it's indeed a challenge I am quite ready to face head on
You aint a failure until you've accepted failure, ur destiny doesn't rely on what the paper cert says of u... Keep moving and never give up

4 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by teebee22(f): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2015
Dubemkelly:

Polythenics has Distinction as her 1st class, Upper credit *s 2.1 and Lower credit as 2.2... Lower credit should be the university equivalent
OK. tanx but sowi to burder u again, is 2.2 2nd class lower or third class.
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Dubemkelly:

You aint a failure until you've accepted failure, ur destiny doesn't rely on what the paper cert says of u... Keep moving and never give up

Oh thank you for your wonderful words. They mean a lot to me and millions in my shoes still struggling.

May God bless you

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Dubemkelly(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
teebee22:
OK. tanx but sowi to burder u again, is 2.2 2nd class lower or third class.
Second class lower, third class is a different grade level and it comes before PASS
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Dubemkelly(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
Conner44:

Oh thank you for your wonderful words. They mean a lot to me and millions in my shoes still struggling.

May God bless you

You welcome and keep striving hard, your success story would be told soon

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by lilkech(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mrlekan07034617:

I went through your profile and observed you being very much interested in a post graduate matter. This means you are studying after your first degree. Why make such a comment like that? Is it because you may have graduated with a better degree than the op? Or its you clamouring for ftc at your age?

The young man asked for information in a very polite manner, tomorrow you may do the same. I pray you get answers unlike the rebuke you decided to throw at the op

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrlekan07034617: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
lilkech:

I went through your profile and observed you being very much interested in a post graduate matter. This means you are studying after your first degree. Why make such a comment like that? Is it because you may have graduated with a better degree than the op? Or its you clamouring for ftc at your age?

The young man asked for information in a very polite manner, tomorrow you may do the same. I pray you get answers unlike the rebuke you decided to throw at the op

Hello bro, so u went as far as checking out my profile, yeah I'm going for my postgraduate and what's your issue with that?....... Well as for d op life goes on irrespective of what u left school with and as you've said in one of your post up there that u've got to face life head-on.
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by bemagnify: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mrlekan07034617:

Hello bro, so u went as far as checking out my profile, yeah I'm going for my postgraduate and what's your issue with that?....... Well as for d op life goes on irrespective of what u left school with and as you've said in one of your post up there that u've got to face life head-on.
d guys is bashing u becuz ur diction is immature, he simply as a question, and d question was nt a mandatory one so if u don't knw y nt just keep mute......... Hmmmmmmm
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrlekan07034617: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
bemagnify:
d guys is bashing u becuz ur diction is immature, he simply as a question, and d question was nt a mandatory one so if u don't knw y nt just keep mute......... Hmmmmmmm

Hello if you don't have something reasonable to post why not keep SHUT!! What did I do wrong to tell someone to face NYSC and make good use of it

So u are the only mature person here right? I can see u are just here to post without thinking!!

U can quote me if u like but just one advise I have for you, learn to face your issues without raising unnecessary complains here and there.
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrlekan07034617: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
@Op I understand what u ar going through or might be going through, but believe me, you will surely get over it just stay focused and be prayerful!!!

One Love!!
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by lilkech(m): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mrlekan07034617:

Hello if you don't have something reasonable to post why not keep SHUT!! What did I do wrong to tell someone to face NYSC and make good use of it

So u are the only mature person here right? I can see u are just here to post without thinking!!

U can quote me if u like but just one advise I have for you, learn to face your issues without raising unnecessary complains here and there.

I have been on this forum for a decade. I do business here regularly and I have been mentally enriched thanks to the good posts and contributions of thousands of people who are also here doing their thing. I have never traded words with anybody and I won't do so for any reason .

Read the op's original post and point out where he made a SINGLE complaint. He just told everyone of his intention to do something PRODUCTIVE for himself during his service year by securing a loan, did you really see anything bad in his idea? He even went ahead to reply you asking for ways he can 'MAKE GOOD USE OF HIS SERVICE YEAR' but you ignored him. Was that the right thing to do?

But when people come pointing at your mistake you immediately flare up and claim to be in your right.

You said someone on this thread POSTED WITHOUT THINKING, but my friend the only person who did such still has to be you. Read your first post well, I'm sure it's not what people want to see when they click on this thread. I went through your profile earlier to get a general view of what your character is like but from what I see you don't write like somebody who wishes his fellow human being well.

Yes this is a faceless forum, but these monikers have faces in reality. Don't you think you can meet the op somewhere someday and you two can help each other out? Learn how to be helpful with your words, they say the pen is mightier than the sword and it's a fact.

6 Likes

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mrlekan07034617:
@Op I understand what u ar going through or might be going through, but believe me, you will surely get over it just stay focused and be prayerful!!!

One Love!!

Even if I was never focused before I am now. It's not the reason I opened this thread but thank you all the same.

One Love
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
lilkech:

I have been on this forum for a decade. I do business here regularly and I have been mentally enriched thanks to the good posts and contributions of thousands of people who are also here doing their thing. I have never traded words with anybody and I won't do so for any reason .

Read the op's original post and point out where he made a SINGLE complaint. He just told everyone of his intention to do something PRODUCTIVE for himself during his service year by securing a loan, did you really see anything bad in his idea? He even went ahead to reply you asking for ways he can 'MAKE GOOD USE OF HIS SERVICE YEAR' but you ignored him. Was that the right thing to do?

But when people come pointing at your mistake you immediately flare up and claim to be in your right.

You said someone on this thread POSTED WITHOUT THINKING, but my friend the only person who did such still has to be you. Read your first post well, I'm sure it's not what people want to see when they click on this thread. I went through your profile earlier to get a general view of what your character is like but from what I see you don't write like somebody who wishes his fellow human being well.

Yes this is a faceless forum, but these monikers have faces in reality. Don't you think you can meet the op somewhere someday and you two can help each other out? Learn how to be helpful with your words, they say the pen is mightier than the sword and it's a fact.

It is okay my oga, please there is no need to be rash towards him. I am sure he didn't mean whatever you think he did. Thanks for your concern.
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrlekan07034617: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
lilkech:

Lolz I know very well that u will quote me....... U have the right to your own opinion but its only funny persons who trade words on nairaland. I don't really have time that much but just one point I have to write on. First forget about knowing who I am by my past posts, cos u will be very wrong. As per the rest epistle of yours, I'm not bothered about that
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by bemagnify: 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mrlekan07034617:

Lolz I know very well that u will quote me....... U have the right to your own opinion but its only funny persons who trade words on nairaland. I don't really have time that much but just one point I have to write on. First forget about knowing who I am by my past posts, cos u will be very wrong. As per the rest epistle of yours, I'm not bothered about that
he wu comes to equity most cum wit clean hands, luk at wot u just wrote 'it only funny persons wu trade words on nairaland' ND u just trade words wit me simply becus I gave u advise........ Hmmmmmm............... Be nice to pple wen u are up cuz u might meet dem wen u are comin down

1 Like

Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrlekan07034617: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
bemagnify:
he wu comes to equity most cum wit clean hands, luk at wot u just wrote 'it only funny persons wu trade words on nairaland' ND u just trade words wit me simply becus I gave u advise........ Hmmmmmm............... Be nice to pple wen u are up cuz u might meet dem wen u are comin down

Go have some rest bro, enough of all this already I'm not bothered by any of your post... Have some good night rest my friend!!!
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Mrflowly(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Conner44:
Yes oh! As the name of the thread implies this is for we who were able to graduate with "below average" degrees. I am about to join the second stream STRAIGHT to katsina state (I was posted to borno)

We too want to have good jobs after service
We too want to be making lots of money DURING and after service
We DEFINITELY are not ashamed of our degrees

I myself escaped with a 3rd class, I just see the certificate as what I got after 4 years of studying in a typical Nigerian state university. By God's grace I still have at least 50 more years to live on this earth and I can do it over and over again and get a better 2nd, 3rd or 4th degree to add to this one.

Now why I opened this thread was to see if the stories I heard of corpers making money aside from the state and federal government alowee was feasible. Is it true that I can secure a loan from the government after the service year by depositing my certificate as a collateral?

If this is possible I need to know how to go about applying for it and know if anybody here on NL has done same successfully before. I have some nice entrepreneurship ideas I want to put into play but would require the capital. I'm from a struggling background so I need to do this on my own and fast too because time as they say waits for nobody.

Please let there be only mature responses, this is really important to me and a whole lot of other individuals on this forum. Thank you.

And ermm. . . I know this my own watch is not expensive or flashy (thanks to our aboki brothers who I purchased it from) but I need some likes to motivate me to enter into a partnership with someone in borno for supplies lol

Dear it depends on what U are interested in. I'm also one of the borno-katsina PCMs . add me up on Whattsapp let's talk. 07035743163
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2015
^^^

Okay would do that. Thanks a lot.

@everyone else viewing : so you're telling me that no single individual who has served in the NYSC past or present on this forum has ever applied for and acquired this government loan I am inquiring about? It's hard to believe oh! Getting a loan isn't something to be ashamed of, big coys and wealthy individuals still apply for loans all the time talk less of we who are starting life.

Well, I will be the first then and come back to update this thread or start another one for those who will also want to benefit from it like I would. I still wait to read from someone who has benefitted from this scheme anyway, let's share ideas and information. After all that's what we are all on this forum for isn't it?
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by henrixx(m): 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Conner44:

chat me on watsap 08127414893
Re: For 2nd Class Lower And 3rd Class Graduates by Conner44: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2015
^^^ my friend please endeavor to post comments on this thread so others could also benefit from the information you wish to pass on to me. I know you mean well but I rather we discuss this on the forum than privately.

Thanks for your help brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Yikpata. The Nysc Orientation Camp In Kwara State. Bach C 2013 / Corpers Will Not Be Posted To Troubled Areas - NYSC DG / Crossriver Batch B 14 Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.