Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. (5127 Views)

Lagos To Install 10,000 CCTV Cameras Across The State / Breaking: GEJ's Campaign Banners Destroyers Caught On CCTV Cameras / $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by Ejike3: 8:44pm On May 15, 2009
Criticism is good, but most Nigerians present it as if we don't have respect for this country and our president. The world always see us the way we present our country.

The CCTV view of Ikeja you see is not the only one, it is there as a sample. You can view many of them simultaneously on a screen. Private, security organisation and individuals can register and have access to it. You can zoom in/out, focus or perform many operations on your system to get better views; Also access 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 displays 4 cameras on 1 screen. "All" displays all the registered cameras on one screen. You can view any of those cameras as long as you registered for it. the one of Ikeja is free for all while others are available on-demand.
These cameras works 24hrs, no power failure. Click http://41.222.68.252/CgiStart?page=Support&Language=0 to see the support. Ikeja view is http://41.222.68.252/CgiStart?page=Single&Language=0
If you've registered click on http://41.222.68.252/CgiStart?page=Login&Language=0 to login.
User Name and Password are required.
General User allows the camera control based on the registered Access Level.
Administrator can access Setup and Maintenance page.
With this you can monitor traffic, report accident etc. We can now be our brothers keeper.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by astuto: 8:12am On May 16, 2009
Ejike3, it seems u are with the Lagos State government o grin. Anyway sha, i think it is a very good thing that the Lagos state govt did, by installing those CCTV cameras. Kudos to Gov. Fashola. It is his kind of attitude dat we need in other states of this nation, Anambra and Abia, take note!
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by nolongTing: 12:38pm On May 16, 2009
Anything to improve security is a good move, its a decade too late but better late than never.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by inextdoor: 4:16pm On May 16, 2009
It's a good ideal, i think this will improve the standard of security in Lagos State. It's a nice one Fashola carry on jo EKO O NI BAJE ooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by loyeruope: 6:09pm On May 16, 2009
Eko o ni baje!!
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by BonHomme(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2009
Thumbs up to Gov. Fash.

Eko o ni baje.

I hope all other state govs. wld take a cue frm fashola.
It not just abt cctvs but actually doing smthing commendable wit public funds a.k.a taxpayers money. Who'd av believed the notorious oshodi cld be transformed so rapidly (wit street lights, free flow of traffic, no street traders/hawkers, etc)?

Abeg, Gov Fash keep up d good work. God bless u!
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by pakoyiajis: 9:24pm On May 16, 2009
WHAT IS LAGOS TURNING TO? IS IT NOT THE SAME LAGOS THAT TINUBU GOVERNED FOR 8YEARS,
IN 100days FASHOLA HAS GONE BAYOUND, THIS GUY MUST BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by tEsLim(m): 7:10am On May 17, 2009
dummy camera that wont have storage or wont be monitored by anyone and that wont make any difference immediately the citizens know they're just dummies.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by Ejike3: 11:21am On May 17, 2009
They are not dummy cameras. Ask questions before comment. These high quality panasonic network cameras are monitored day and night. It can be accessed with GPRS enabled phones. It has storage facilities & you can request for any of the pictures with date and time.
Good innovations need encouragement.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by Don1DeMaco: 11:23am On May 17, 2009
another case of misplaced priority. though good thought. at least he is doing something.

maybe one day he will go head on and address the main issues which are pressing and not all this jamboree.

Anyway at least the guy dey try, even as i'm criticising i know he is by far the best gov. in the hopeless democratic regime. But people stop the over elaborate praise singing and continue to look out for oppourtunities where the lives of majority of Nigerians would be touched especially in terms of basic ammenities.

Eko o ni ba je, i guess truly truly if the guy is sincere he will continue the good work and not rest on his oars,
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by Ejike3: 11:58am On May 17, 2009
The cameras cld hlp to safe guard the basic ammenities when they are in place.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by gbolahan1(m): 5:21am On May 18, 2009
Kudos! Gov. Fash. Eko oni baje!
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by dlox01(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2009
Don1DeMaco:

another case of misplaced priority. though good thought. at least he is doing something.

maybe one day he will go head on and address the main issues which are pressing and not all this jamboree.

Anyway at least the guy dey try, even as i'm criticising i know he is by far the best gov. in the hopeless democratic regime. But people stop the over elaborate praise singing and continue to look out for oppourtunities where the lives of majority of Nigerians would be touched especially in terms of basic ammenities.

Eko o ni ba je, i guess truly truly if the guy is sincere he will continue the good work and not rest on his oars,

WoW, i can c security isnt a piority in lagos,can u please state the mis placed priorities??
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by papaejima: 1:28pm On May 18, 2009
Aderoy, i really appreciate ur insghtful help 4 those of us who are unfamiliar with things like that.they can ask the city of london and johanesburg city.as long as our instalers are not our own enemies,we will be just fine.let states like anambra and imo states take cues from eko as these states are fast overtaking colombia as the kidnap capital of the world.for people like us who are married to foreign women and have kids,these things are a great threat to us and our young families.there are crimes all over the world,bt when u kidnap ur brother who has been suffering all over the world 4 years,men,u have crossed the line.u cant call ur wifes family and tell them look,ur daughter and kids have just bn kidnapped by some zombies whos only understanding of anything decent in life is money that he doesnt know how to spend.it is very painful and fearing.many of us doesnt come bck cos of news like these,nt to talk of the fear of being poisioned by those who doesnt have the kinapping kits.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by papaejima: 1:40pm On May 18, 2009
the problem with us 9ijas is that we are all armchair crictics.we c holes in every thing that others did,bt when we are called on to perform,we fall well short of expectations.suddeenly,crimes and security of lives and properties in lagos have become a low priority in lagos.many of us have suddenly seen this project of cctv in lagos as misplaced priority.if mr Fashola has used that money to marry more wives or taken other local titules,i wonder what u brainless robots whould have branded that.guys u should shut ur yaps and realise that anyone kobo invested 4 us poor masses is tha one that we got.we are fighting to extract money that abacha and his groups deposited the world over.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by Ilelobola: 1:49pm On May 18, 2009
Don1DeMaco:

I agree with you. Perhaps if the goverment focused a bit more on providing basic amenities, they might not have to invest too heavily in CCTV i.e. deal with the reason for the crime instead of focusing too much on catching people after the crime.

Most people on here wouldn't agree though.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by papaejima: 1:50pm On May 18, 2009
the problem with us 9ijas is that we are all armchair crictics.we c holes in every thing that others did,bt when we are called on to perform,we fall well short of expectations.suddeenly,crimes and security of lives and properties in lagos have become a low priority in lagos.many of us have suddenly seen this project of cctv in lagos as misplaced priority.if mr Fashola has used that money to marry more wives or taken other local titules,i wonder what u brainless robots whould have branded that.guys u should shut ur yaps and realise that anyone kobo invested 4 us poor masses is tha one that we got.we are fighting to extract money that abacha and his groups deposited the world over.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by papaejima: 1:59pm On May 18, 2009
our crimes are commited because of our greed and umbribled quest to gather the whole money in the world into our own pocket.the man have started smething,lets give him credit and urge or force others to @least start doing something 4 their people.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by opeldexter(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2009
THUMBS UP FOR THE LAGOS ADMINISTRATION AND I WOULD ALWAYS SAY ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MORE DIFFICULT TO ENFORCE LAW AND ORDER IN LAGOS THAN IN THE OTHER STATES BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE.
BUT I HAVE BEEN WONDERING , WHY IS IT THAT THE FEDERAL GOVT- EXECUTIVE, LEGISLATURE, AND JUDICAIARY CANNOT BORROW A LEAF.
GOD HELP OUR GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by wirinet(m): 10:06pm On May 18, 2009
People are over exaggerating the usefulness and importance of these cctv cameras. Now if you tell me the cameras will help Lagos State Govt. control the traffic situation in Lagos, i will agree to some extent. But i laugh when people tell me it will help improve the security situation, may I as how the cameras on it own without other vital components like a centralized database, necessary software like face recognition software, trained personnel, necessary legislation, etc.

In Nigeria armed robbers do not cover their faces, they enter banks in broad day light in full view of everybody including police officers and the Bank's CCTV camera, steal, kill and take their time, then get away by shooting in the air to clear the road of people and police (who take cover in bushes, gutters, etc). The robbers are never caught even when the banks have their full portraits.

I view the "live" pictures and its usefulness is further compromised the quality of the pictures, i guess the pictures were degraded because of our slow and epileptic internet services we have in Nigeria. If the quality is improved it might take hours to open and then change. Also the pictures are delayed by 15 mins, that would reduce its efficiency in traffic management .
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by wirinet(m): 10:13pm On May 18, 2009
May i add that to analyze the finger prints of ballot papers used in some states in the last election, experts were called in from UK to help us prove that the thumb prints belong to one person (What i believe a trained police officer with just a magnifying glass should be able to do). So are we going to also bring in experts from UK to help us analyze the photos of the CCTV to identify the armed robbers?
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by dnex(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2009
Ol' boy, see money for main road. N10,000 in the black market multiplied by 90 is about N1 million. Unless all nna bros don die. When men can cut the aluminum on third mainland bridge and melt naira coins for metal. Let's see how it goes sha. A police that doesn't have a database of 1% of Nigerians' data with pictures will now use the pictures from the Cctv to do what!!! I hail O! Eko o ni baje O!
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by kalauta: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2009
Any updates yet on how many law breakers or criminals the CCTV cameras have been able to capture? 90 or 10000, the state should have at least caught one criminal since we last discussed this issue in May, right? cheesy
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by bidemi12(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2009
@ wirinet    My guy, we've got to start from somewhere. Apart from power, the second biggest headache is security. Of what use is ammassing wealth when you will be gunned down b4 you have the opportunity of enjoyin it? or, of what use is investing in a place where you are not safe going to work. Even if i provide ammenities, somebody somewhere will vandalize it. in yankee i have come to find out that one of the ways people are kept in check is the use of cctv camera all over the place and without it they too would run amock. each and every street there is one and you would think twice before doing anything crazy. But it is not just putting up cctv's. you must tie the information gotten from it to other sources, like the police, your drivers license, face recognition softwares, finger print database, bank account etc. obviously he still has a long way to go but he needs encouragement. Rome, as in this case security, was not built in a day.
Re: Lagos Installs 90 Cctv Cameras. by alveen(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2013
These guys are smart and cool and they train young guys

(CCTV,Acccess control,Perimeter fencing,Fire /Burglar alarm)

http://cloudsecurities.com.ng/index.php/services

http://cloudsecurities.com.ng/index.php/contact

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Sit At Home On Biafrans Day I Will Arrest You - Rochas Okorocha / Nnamdi Kanu Reveals States He Will Claim If Referendum Is Granted / See Their Faces: Akwa Ibom PDP Mourns Akpabio's Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.