Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu (2323 Views)

Buhari Has No Single Yoruba Person In government / 2 Killed, One Kidnapped In Ogba-egbema-ndoni LGA, Rivers State / One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by MayorofLagos(m): 4:10am On Nov 09, 2015
Fear enveloped Egede community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, following the alleged killing of an indigene by Fulani herdsmen.

It was gathered that the 42-year-old Chinwuba Ekwueme, father of three and a member of the Egede Neighbourhood Watch was reportedly murdered by AK- 47 wielding Fulani herdsmen.

The herdsmen were reportedly grazing their cattle in the community.

The situation has heightened tension in the area as community leaders make efforts to forestall reprisal attacks.

Chairman of Egede Neighbourhood Watch, Mr. Donatus Otie, who confirmed the killing, said the deceased was murdered by the herdsmen after other vigilante members took to their heels.

According to him, the herdsmen came shooting at the community vigilante members.

The deceased was not however lucky as he was surrounded by the cattle men that eventually gave him severe machete cuts that led to his death.

Reacting, traditional ruler of Egede, Igwe Polycarp Oyigbo, lamented the reoccurrence of nomads’ attack against his subjects and wondered why government had not been able to offer measures towards saving them from the strangers’ brutality.

Igwe Oyigbo noted that the community leadership had been prevailing on youths to avoid reprisal attack, and expressed hope that the police would keep to their promise of bringing the culprits to book.

He said: “I do not know whether it would have been better to allow them to take laws into their hands; so, government should take appropriate actions to end the menace.”

President General of Egede Town Union, Ichie Clement Amuji, lamented the pain and sorrow the herdsmen had inflicted on his people.

He said: “The attack has become a menace to our people. We have been complaining to the government; we have written several letters to Udi LGA, and the DPO 9th-Mile.

“This has been happening; they have been destroying our crops, raping our women. They killed a young man from Umuanum about three years ago. It is very sad because it has repeated itself.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/tension-as-fulani-herdsmen-kill-one-in-enugu/
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by MayorofLagos(m): 4:16am On Nov 09, 2015
Here is the truth, on matters relating to fulani herdsmen, if Ibos are not responding because they think the country will gang up against them, that'ts not true.

Machette Allah is the body that supply these criminals with their weapons. They have support from Arewa leaders to terrorize middle belt and south. Nobody in middle belt or sw will care how you respond to them or what you do to them.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by ORACLE1975(m): 4:16am On Nov 09, 2015
what?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Saurab: 4:51am On Nov 09, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Fear enveloped Egede community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, following the alleged killing of an indigene by Fulani herdsmen.
It was gathered that the 42-year-old Chinwuba Ekwueme, father of three and a member of the Egede Neighbourhood Watch was reportedly murdered by AK- 47 wielding Fulani herdsmen.
The herdsmen were reportedly grazing their cattle in the community.
The situation has heightened tension in the area as community leaders make efforts to forestall reprisal attacks.
Chairman of Egede Neighbourhood Watch, Mr. Donatus Otie, who confirmed the killing, said the deceased was murdered by the herdsmen after other vigilante members took to their heels.
According to him, the herdsmen came shooting at the community vigilante members.
The deceased was not however lucky as he was surrounded by the cattle men that eventually gave him severe machete cuts that led to his death.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/tension-as-fulani-herdsmen-kill-one-in-enugu/

I no know say people from that area too dey fear.

But on a serious note the FG should do something about these farmer-herdsmen clashes.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by PrettyClare7(f): 4:51am On Nov 09, 2015
The truth is that the herdsmen are very hostile and wicked. A special police force should be organized to manage their craze. Because the regular ones can not investigate them. All they do is travel and leave death in their wake.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Pavore9: 4:52am On Nov 09, 2015
The community need not wait on any Government because Government at all levels have always given the impression they intend doing nothing to curb the menace.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Firefire(m): 4:55am On Nov 09, 2015
Welcome to the promised CHANGE...

Why is the president silent in the face of all this killings and destruction of farmland and properties ?

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by IlekeHD: 4:57am On Nov 09, 2015
Watch the albino retards come and blame Yorubas grin

Igbos do not have the spine to face Fulanis. Po po po....puzzycat of biafra grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by QuotaSystem: 4:57am On Nov 09, 2015
Yoruba killed, butchered One Person In Broad Daylight

THE putrid smell that emanated from the chunks of fatty decomposing pieces of flesh said to be part of a human body recovered from suspected ritualists filled the entire space in front of the Oyo State Police Command headquarters, Eleiyele, Ibadan on September 15, 2015.

Journalists, policemen and visitors who were around the place covered their noses with kerchiefs.

Four suspects—Oluwatoyin Odetunde, Adewole Elijah, Adeyanju Adeniyi, and Odetunde Jacob – arrested in connection with the human flesh were all calm looking, as if waiting for the fate that would befall them after their arrest.
And a member of the syndicate, Odetunde, confessed that he got the human flesh from Elijah and one ‘doctor’, one Olusegun Babarinde, who was discovered to be a retired mortuary attendant.

Briefing journalists on the arrest of the suspects, the Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Leye Oyebade, said that they were arrested after the raiding of a black spot at Owode area of Oyo town, following information received that criminals used to gather at the spot.
The police commissioner said that the suspects were found in an uncompleted building and when searched, pieces of human flesh were found in their possession.

According to Oyebade, “the suspects, some of who wore garments and pretended as if they were coming from a church, claimed to be members of a white garment church. But upon interrogation and search, pieces of human flesh were found in their possession. They are ritualists and are not supposed to be within the society. They will face the music and the court of law will prevail on their activity which is barbaric in nature.”
Crime Reports also learnt that Babarinde retired from one of the teaching hospitals in Oyo State.when interrogated, he was said to have confessed to the police that the human parts he supplied to Odetunde were taken from corpses deposited at the hospital mortuary. He further claimed that they either belonged to unclaimed corpses of armed robbers brought in by the police or mad people who died on the streets.

He referred to such corpses as wastes, saying he usually took some parts of the corpses before mass burial. Knowing the workings of the mortuary, despite having retired, Babarinde said he used to go to the mortuary on Saturdays when he knew other attendants would not be available.
Speaking with Crime Reports, Elijah said: “I was at Odo Oba when Odetunde called me on phone that he needed the flesh of a dead armed robber which he could use. I told him I had some which I got from a deceased armed robber when I was still working as a night guard. My partner, one Tunji, and I killed him beside a river at Odo Oba along a private hospital road because he ran away when we tried to stop him one night.

“My partner cut a part of the armed robber’s buttocks and kept it. That was about four months ago. I covered it up somewhere and regularly preserved it with schnapps. My partner died the following day in an accident when he was going to Osogbo.

“I told Odetunde that I would check the remaining human flesh I kept and he asked me to bring it to him in Oyo. He asked Mr Adeniyi to use his motorcycle to bring me to Oyo. I tied the human flesh in a polythene bag and took it to him. As we were talking, police came and arrested us.”
In his own confession, Odetunde (65) stated: “I am a prophet of a C&S church. It is true I asked Elijah to get some human flesh for me. I wanted to use it to perform rituals for someone. I use any part of human flesh. I took the buttock part from Elijah while I got the fleshy rib part from one ‘doctor’ in Ogbomoso.”

Adeyanju told Crime Reports that “Odetunde had a church at Odo Oba before he moved to Lagos State. So he said he needed to rent the place out since no member was attending the church again. We wanted to discuss on how I would be in charge of the church. He called me recently and asked me to join him in Oyo. He wrote some things in a paper for Elijah about ritual processes but I was not involved. We were together when police came to arrest us.”

But Odetunde said that Adeyanju knew about what he was doing and had come to him so that he could understudy him and learn how to do such rituals too.

Jacob, who is Odetunde’s son, said: “I didn’t know anything about the issue. My father called me and told me he was coming from Lagos State to Oyo. I went to him so that I could greet him and get some money from him. I met Adeyanju and Elijah with him.”

Crime Reports gathered that the suspects had been charged to court.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/how-i-killed-man-kept-his-flesh-sale-%E2%80%94suspected-ritualist

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Firefire(m): 4:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Pavore9:
The community need not wait on any Government because Government at all levels have always given the impression they intend doing nothing to curb the menace.

Do you mean, they should react and protect themselves...?

What then is the function of the government, if not to protect it citizens lives and properties ?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by MayorofLagos(m): 5:04am On Nov 09, 2015
PrettyClare7:
The truth is that the herdsmen are very hostile and wicked. A special police force should be organized to manage their craze. Because the regular ones can not investigate them. All they do is travel and leave death in their wake.

You are correct but instead of special squad why not give policing to states?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by MayorofLagos(m): 5:05am On Nov 09, 2015
Pavore9:

Exactly!
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by BlackrulesDworld(m): 5:10am On Nov 09, 2015
Igbo too de run mouth.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 09, 2015
Police and the relevant authority should take note. Don't blame anyone when the reprisal will start. You can't graze in my farmland, kill my people and expect no pay back. Enugu is not Jos.

We will contend in any way we can.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by shepherd77: 5:16am On Nov 09, 2015
This is getting ridiculous. I think the state government needs to Step in and check these menace.
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by omoelesa(m): 5:16am On Nov 09, 2015
[quote author=MayorofLagos post=39826353]
Mr. Donatus Otie, who confirmed the killing, said the deceased was murdered by the herdsmen after other vigilante members took to their heels. COWARD FLATTHEADS.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Pavore9: 5:32am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

Do you mean, they should react and protect themselves...?

What then is the function of the government, if not to protect it citizens lives and properties ?

Government has failed on its constitutional responsibility to secure the people, Communities where these herdsmen are proving to be a menace should have armed vigilante groups because those herdsmen are equally armed and that is what is giving them the sense of invincibility and impunity to do as they like. I have had personal run-ins with them while in Nike, Enugu State and know first hand that civility do not work with them!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Firefire(m): 5:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Pavore9:

Government has failed on its constitutional responsibility to secure the people, Communities where these herdsmen are proving to be a menace should have armed vigilante groups because those herdsmen are equally armed and that is what is giving them the sense of invincibility and impunity to do as they like. I have had personal run-ins with them while in Nike, Enugu State and know first hand that civility do not work with them!

No tribe has monopoly of violence, this I know.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Pavore9: 5:40am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

No tribe has monopoly of violence, this I know.

So what is your own proffered solution?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Firefire(m): 5:47am On Nov 09, 2015
Pavore9:

So what is your own proffered solution?

Political solution in a peaceful environment with tolerance to accommodate our differences, however, with clear set boundaries.

Grazing land or grazing reserve must not be allowed, because a critical look at this suggests that Nigeria may be turned into one large animal farm.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by orisa37: 5:55am On Nov 09, 2015
Pls. let the killings stop.
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Pavore9: 6:15am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

Political solution in a peaceful environment with tolerance to accommodate our differences, however, with clear set boundaries.

Grazing land or grazing reserve must not be allowed, because a critical look at this suggests that Nigeria may be turned into one large animal farm.

The Political will is just not there! The size of the North is over 75% of the entire Country's size and the Fulani elites have refused to bring about a change to the nomadic lifestyle of their people when they could easily inculcate the zero-grazing option into their operations. They have the vast land they can grow hay all year round and have their herd fed in stalls. The cows will produce more meat and milk as against when they are being stressed under nomadic practices!

Even Enugu state that is in the focus, in its entirety is not even up in size to some local government areas in Niger state as Enugu state is merely 7,161 km² while Niger state is 76,363 km² and that is not even up to 10%! Who has more resources under good management to accommodate these pastoralists?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Firefire(m): 6:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Pavore9:

The Political will is just not there! The size of the North is over 75% of the entire Country's size and the Fulani elites have refused to bring about a change to the nomadic lifestyle of their people when they could easily inculcate the zero-grazing option into their operations. They have the vast land they can grow hay all year round and have their herd fed in stalls. The cows will produce more meat and milk as against when they are being stressed under nomadic practices!

Even Enugu state that is in the focus, in its entirety is not even up in size to some local government areas in Niger state as Enugu state is merely 7,161 km² while Niger state is 76,363 km² and that is not even up to 10%! Who has more resources under good management to accommodate these pastoralists?

The successive government at all level in the Northern Nigeria are insensitive to the plight of its citizens.

Continuous underdevelopment, corruption, and embezzlement has made the region less developed in all indices.

Large arable land with no proper management and coordination is the fundamental cause of this uncontrolled grazing and destruction of other people's means of livelihood.

Time to address this menace is now!
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2015
There is nothing like one Nigeria.

Other part of Nigeria have many difference with this people.

The problems of this country is North.

1) Born to rule mentality
2)Boko Haram
3)Early marriges (9yrs n above)
4)Sharia fighter
5)Alamajiri children
6) Hard drugs uses
7)Fulani Herd men killing and raping
ETC
Separate this country, we are not one!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Pavore9: 6:35am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

The successive government at all level in the Northern Nigeria are insensitive to the plight of its citizens.

Continuous underdevelopment, corruption, and embezzlement has made the region less developed in all indices.

Large arable land with no proper management and coordination is the fundamental cause of this uncontrolled grazing and destruction of other people's means of livelihood.

Time to address this menace is now!

Personally this is the agitation l want Southern communities to also focus on as the Northerners needs to be constantly reminded that they own majority of the landmass and have no business coming down south for cattle rearing but focus on developing their vast area for their operations.Would love to see when Southerners would break through the stereotyped thinking that diary farming is an exclusive of the North as it is very very feasible to run profitable cattle ranches in the South!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by Firefire(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2015
Pavore9:

Personally this is the agitation l want Southern communities to also focus on as the Northerners needs to be constantly reminded that they own majority of the landmass and have no business coming down south for cattle rearing but focus on developing their vast area for their operations.Would love to see when Southerners would break through the stereotyped thinking that diary farming is an exclusive of the North as it is very very feasible to run profitable cattle ranches in the South!

Few of our leaders in the South West are speaking already, except for those in the government of the North.

I expect the political leaders from the South East to rise to the occasion, this cancerous herdsmen but be curtailed.
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by IlekeHD: 6:45am On Nov 09, 2015
^^^^ which Igbo leader will speak out after Fulani herdsmen killed one of them in Enugu as a warning threat?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by tonytony208(m): 7:01am On Nov 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Yoruba killed, butchered One Person In Broad Daylight

THE putrid smell that emanated from the chunks of fatty decomposing pieces of flesh said to be part of a human body recovered from suspected ritualists filled the entire space in front of the Oyo State Police Command headquarters, Eleiyele, Ibadan on September 15, 2015.

Journalists, policemen and visitors who were around the place covered their noses with kerchiefs.

Four suspects—Oluwatoyin Odetunde, Adewole Elijah, Adeyanju Adeniyi, and Odetunde Jacob – arrested in connection with the human flesh were all calm looking, as if waiting for the fate that would befall them after their arrest.
And a member of the syndicate, Odetunde, confessed that he got the human flesh from Elijah and one ‘doctor’, one Olusegun Babarinde, who was discovered to be a retired mortuary attendant.

Briefing journalists on the arrest of the suspects, the Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Leye Oyebade, said that they were arrested after the raiding of a black spot at Owode area of Oyo town, following information received that criminals used to gather at the spot.
The police commissioner said that the suspects were found in an uncompleted building and when searched, pieces of human flesh were found in their possession.

According to Oyebade, “the suspects, some of who wore garments and pretended as if they were coming from a church, claimed to be members of a white garment church. But upon interrogation and search, pieces of human flesh were found in their possession. They are ritualists and are not supposed to be within the society. They will face the music and the court of law will prevail on their activity which is barbaric in nature.”
Crime Reports also learnt that Babarinde retired from one of the teaching hospitals in Oyo State.when interrogated, he was said to have confessed to the police that the human parts he supplied to Odetunde were taken from corpses deposited at the hospital mortuary. He further claimed that they either belonged to unclaimed corpses of armed robbers brought in by the police or mad people who died on the streets.

He referred to such corpses as wastes, saying he usually took some parts of the corpses before mass burial. Knowing the workings of the mortuary, despite having retired, Babarinde said he used to go to the mortuary on Saturdays when he knew other attendants would not be available.
Speaking with Crime Reports, Elijah said: “I was at Odo Oba when Odetunde called me on phone that he needed the flesh of a dead armed robber which he could use. I told him I had some which I got from a deceased armed robber when I was still working as a night guard. My partner, one Tunji, and I killed him beside a river at Odo Oba along a private hospital road because he ran away when we tried to stop him one night.

“My partner cut a part of the armed robber’s buttocks and kept it. That was about four months ago. I covered it up somewhere and regularly preserved it with schnapps. My partner died the following day in an accident when he was going to Osogbo.

“I told Odetunde that I would check the remaining human flesh I kept and he asked me to bring it to him in Oyo. He asked Mr Adeniyi to use his motorcycle to bring me to Oyo. I tied the human flesh in a polythene bag and took it to him. As we were talking, police came and arrested us.”
In his own confession, Odetunde (65) stated: “I am a prophet of a C&S church. It is true I asked Elijah to get some human flesh for me. I wanted to use it to perform rituals for someone. I use any part of human flesh. I took the buttock part from Elijah while I got the fleshy rib part from one ‘doctor’ in Ogbomoso.”

Adeyanju told Crime Reports that “Odetunde had a church at Odo Oba before he moved to Lagos State. So he said he needed to rent the place out since no member was attending the church again. We wanted to discuss on how I would be in charge of the church. He called me recently and asked me to join him in Oyo. He wrote some things in a paper for Elijah about ritual processes but I was not involved. We were together when police came to arrest us.”

But Odetunde said that Adeyanju knew about what he was doing and had come to him so that he could understudy him and learn how to do such rituals too.

Jacob, who is Odetunde’s son, said: “I didn’t know anything about the issue. My father called me and told me he was coming from Lagos State to Oyo. I went to him so that I could greet him and get some money from him. I met Adeyanju and Elijah with him.”

Crime Reports gathered that the suspects had been charged to court.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/how-i-killed-man-kept-his-flesh-sale-%E2%80%94suspected-ritualist

How does your tale remove the fact that your Boastful flaaaathead blodas took to their heels when they saw fulani coming?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by tonytony208(m): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2015
stickncarrot:
Police and the relevant authority should take note. Don't blame anyone when the reprisal will start. You can't graze in my farmland, kill my people and expect no pay back. Enugu is not Jos.

We will contend in any way we can.

But why did your vigilante blodas took to their heels when they saw fulani? I thought you peeps said your are very bold and not cowards. So, how do we define your decision to "Ben-Johnson"?
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by bugzbunny: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:
Watch the albino retards come and blame Yorubas grin

Igbos do not have the spine to face Fulanis. Po po po....puzzycat of biafra grin grin grin
Bloody tribalist
I knw u will derail d thread with ur stupidity.. Ode
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by emeritus856: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I am waiting for the red mud wanderers to come blame Yorubas. Shameless loudmouthed cowards.
Re: Fulani Killed One Person In Enugu by IlekeHD: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2015
bugzbunny:

Bloody tribalist
I knw u will derail d thread with ur stupidity.. Ode

Go take panadol before you start protesting today.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial / Solution To Nigeria's Electricity Problem / What I Found In My Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.