Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record (34331 Views)

Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker / Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 09, 2015
dason4life:
One question I keep asking myself is this:-
How come these kids don't retain their performance
and replicate such mastery as they grow?

1.Playing well at U17 level does not mean you will do well at adult level.

2.Adult players play for longer these days....making it difficult for youth squad gents to progress.

3.Overage?

4.Many U17 players sign contracts with big clubs....that have too many star players....which makes it difficult for them to break into the first team. (Ghana ex-international Sammy Kuffour , when he signed for Bayern Munich, had to compete with five defenders....all German internationals. As he said recently....I worked hard to get into the first team).And when you are not playing regular first team football....you stagnate. See Kanu...who went to Ajax who allowed him to play in their first team within one year.....vs Macauley Chirsantus....who went to big club....and did not get to play)>

3 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2015
His confidence with the ball na die.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by kingsfield(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

I hope you're walking to a protest, young boy. I don't want to see ya online @ such a trying time for Biafra. embarassed
U speak wit so much hate.
Guess u 're d real image of the d conductor's shenj.
#recivlove
SHALOM!!

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by castrokins(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015
I'd So Recommend This Lad To Sot'n Academy, Then Arsenal in That Order. Go To Chelsea At Your Peril, Boy...
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by MummyTehillah(f): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015
May God help Arsenal sign them up so that Chelshit and others would be dealt with ruthlessly.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by authority2006(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015
speedyGonzales:

haha! you are quite a dimwit! if I am not biafran I don't need to protest, but biafrans want their independent state, I say there deserve it, just like every other people on earth deserve to live free and prosper... but you seem hateful that biafrans would want their own country and self determination, you are a hater. but I will be a lazy and complete my MSc and Move onto my Phd. keep hating backwards dimwit!
Live free and prosper, you said? As things are now, they don't live freely and prosper? If it is up to me to give them what they want, after carving out what the states that want to be part of them through referendum, I will happily grant their request. They will tear themselves aparts within two years of secession. Only God knows the numbers of small arms and ammunition in that region, kidnapping enterprise, booming baby factories, production of counterfeit of all known products plus miscreants who want to control their resources individually.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by xtervaganza(m): 10:45am On Nov 09, 2015
This op na olodo

He has broken the record since last week, he set a new record
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by speedyGonzales: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2015
authority2006:
Live free and prosper, you said? As things are now, they don't live freely and prosper? If it is up to me to give them what they want, after carving out what the states that want to be part of them through referendum, I will happily grant their request. They will tear themselves aparts within two years of secession. Only God knows the numbers of small arms and ammunition in that region, kidnapping enterprise, booming baby factories, production of counterfeit of all known products plus miscreants who want to control their resources individually.

Exactly, give them what the want, simple... and your prediction maybe true, it may not! And they have clearly been discriminated against in Nigeria... but people see what makes them feel good about themselves!

1 Like

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by xtervaganza(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2015
MummyTehillah:
May God help Arsenal sign them up so that Chelshit and others would be dealt with ruthlessly.
arseanal you mean?
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Alexoroyce: 11:07am On Nov 09, 2015
Why is it dat dis biafra of a tin is eating some people down, we don't want to be a Nigeria again, is it most dat we most be a Nigeria, at all do we speak the same language
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Odigokogadi: 11:18am On Nov 09, 2015
I pray he becomes a world class player in the nearest future. Nigeria will greatly benefit from this. Nigeria need a prolific striker
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by HARRYzbrown(m): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2015
speedyGonzales:

haha! you are quite a dimwit! if I am not biafran I don't need to protest, but biafrans want their independent state, I say there deserve it, just like every other people on earth deserve to live free and prosper... but you seem hateful that biafrans would want their own country and self determination, you are a hater. but I will be a lazy and complete my MSc and Move onto my Phd. keep hating backwards dimwit!
u have the best answers for some God forsaken people.....I really love ur swag.its rooted........

1 Like

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

UK? Perfect place to protest for international recognition. Protest against Luggard sef.

Lazy boy cheesy

u r a big fool...... emi o kin se Omo Igbo sugbon....your hatred will only make u die on time...as for me I hold nothing against any one....fucking stupid Nigerians and biafrans all of you!..... long live Chad!

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by saintade01(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hmmmm ..... And this guy almost quit football when the going was getting tough.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by saintade01(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
Must we read about Biafra in every thread? Haba! angry

1 Like

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by khalids: 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello Pips, Ever since Linda Ikeji showed us the benefits of her blogging, everyone I know now wants to open a blog.
Na wa for people with copy and paste mentality.

Anyways this fellow in my office open his own "Block" (this is no error or typo) grin.
I don tell the guy make him learn to spell first before opening any blog.

Anyways see the blog link below feel free to bash him or encourage him (all na traffic)

http://davisonplat..com.ng/

You might also get some good sports prediction for all you sports betting lovers. Note, me don loose over 3k on this bros prediction ooo cry
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by omoakin111: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
okeyximo:
The Golden eaglets are so disciplined. .they don't celebrate wen they score... And all the players are on low cut. ..no front and back hair style not even punk. . Kudos to our coach. ..
am glad you noticed that too. perhaps they believed he who laugh last last best, it really helped them. they tend to put their eyes and mind far away from celebrating goals and always ready for to fight till last
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by favourlove1: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

No we're not.
God punish any Biafra that doesn't protest tomorrow. Lazy touts.
you are mad.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Bollinger(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Congrat to him and his mates. I hope his star keep shinning beyond U17 WC.

That most likely won't happen. You do realise they are all over aged players right? That is why a lot of them don't well past that age level.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by ghanamaican: 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
Still cant win U20 cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Aitee1: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
kannymoore:

And what exactly do you know about "the politics in NFF" preventing the U17 boys from graduating to U20?

Abeg,no be everything you must comment on missy.

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by IlekeHD: 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
wiseoneking:
Biafra dominated team and Brafran man coaching nigerians. Up biafra, leading always.

Bought by Nigeria. They're Nigerian team.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by bummyla(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
GOD Bless You Victor Osimhen! GOD Bless Us Nigerians! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Aromas:
For 90mins, everyone forgot their tribe, even those who protested for Biafra became Nigeria suddenly! We re one! grin

In Your Mind undecided.... When you have a team dominated by BIAFRANs...we have no choice but to support our boys cool.... Nobody forgot his/her root and where we belong....I never forgot I am an Igbo man, throughout the match I never forgot KELECHI NWAKALI is my Igbo and biafran brother cool
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by defemidefemi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

No we're not.
God punish any Biafra that doesn't protest tomorrow. Lazy touts.
I won't tell u that u're wasting youe time asking for somtin not realistic, only the wise kno. https://www.nairaland.com/2723466/james-ibori-not-support-biafra

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ibori-
i-didn-t-sponsor-biafra-agitation/225121/
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by timilehing(m): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2015
Over 25 dude playing for Under 17

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mourinho: 'Klopp wanted meat and got fish, He didn't like the menu' / Kidnapping: Emenike Advises Mikel To Buy His Parents House Outside Enugu / Arsenal Completes Signing Of Kelechi Nwakali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.