Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87934 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jhcrules: 12:07am On Jun 18, 2007
I looked out of the car window at the traffic, the people moving on the sidewalks, the shop windows and the blue of the sky. It seemed to me that it was imperative to store up in my mind the sight of these familiar things. I had a feeling I wouldn't see them again.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jhcrules: 12:52am On Jun 18, 2007
Get the car, come on, we have got to get away from here. Even to me, my voice sounded far away, and the way I was bleeding frightened me.
yeah, He went to the safe and hauled out of the money. He jerked the table cloth off the table and bundled the money into it.
I am bleeding, I said. Fix it Roy, and get me a coat. I will be okay. He turned and stared at me. There was an expression on his face I have never seen before. It made him a stranger to me.
How far do you imagine you will get? You are finished. His voice was harsh with his greed. With this amount of dough, I can begin a new life the kind of life I have always wanted to live. There is no room in the car for you. Dont look at me like that! Do you imagine you are worth over a hundred thousand bucks? No man is! He shook the bundle of money at me. You said the score was even, didn't you? That's what you said! I' m getting out here!
Suddenly I didn't care any more. I let him go. After a minue or so I heard a car engine start up. I saw through the window the headlights of the mercury light up, then the car swung around. It went away fast towards the montain road that led to Tropica springs.
I looked at Lola lying at my feet. There was blood on her face and her mouth was drawn down in a snarl of fear. She looked hideous. I wondered how i could ever have fallen for her.
I had to hold onto the arms of the chair to keep myself from falling. Darkness was creeping in on me. Sooner or later, someone would come to Point of no return and see the light on in the bungalow. Whoever they were would peer in at the window and find us.
If I were dead by then, it wouldn't matter, but if I were alive, and if they could save my life, then there was no future for me. No one would believe I hadn't killed her. When Jenson's body was found, no one would believe I hadn't killed him either.
So I waited, hoping for death.
There was nothing else to hope for.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jhcrules: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2007
Then I was outside, with the hot afternoon sun on my face and nine hours of hell in front of me. I had a frantic urge to run and keep running until I'd put miles between me and that cabin where she was keeping watch over his dead body, but I knew I wasn't going to run away because she had me in a trap from which, as far as I could see, there was no way out.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 1:26am On Jun 19, 2007
ooooo-k lipsrsealed
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Kwairanga(m): 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2007
jhcrules, i like what u wrote. it brought back old memories.

The first quotation i believe was from 'Have a change of scene', the second is from 'Come Easy Go Easy'. But i cant place the third one is it the wary transgressor?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jhcrules: 3:03am On Jun 22, 2007
acturall 2nd one is from There's always a price tag. Third one is from "strictly for cash"

I will find some more good quote from his books.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Kwairanga(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2007
Hello my friends

jhcrules, could you please tell me the name of d book where you quoted d 1st quotation? check d second quotation i still want 2 believe it came from come easy, go easy. Strictly for cash. Kindly refresh my memory on what it was about. i know i have read it but i have completely forgotten.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jhcrules: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2007
Kwairanga u are right about the second quote came from come easy go easy,
third one is from strictly for cash, it is a story about Johnny Farrar he is a boxer he started out to make five grand. He ended up with a quarter of a millon. It is one of the top class book. I have read it many times, and each time i read it again it is like a new.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jhcrules: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2007
Kwairanga u are right about the quotation, 2nd one is from come easy go easy,
first one is from there' always a price tag
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Kwairanga(m): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2007
jhcrules, thanks for your replies. Johnny Farrar a boxer. it appears I have not read strictly for cash! and i was busy telling myself that i have read nearly all Chase novels!!! sad

i will go 2 d market and look for it since you said it is good. but come to think of it which chase novel is bad? None!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by uchetobi(f): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2007
JHC novel covers tell a different story from the content. It a good novel. I enjoyed it back in the days but nowadays it seems like lame detective stories when I read them. No offence
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Chasey(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2007
Am new, and thanks for Nairaland for signing me up at once. Hope to share with fellow chase lovers.
For a start, i will pose a certain phrase and see if you could unravel
" listen, in a little while i will be running this town, u can get in on the ground floor or u can
stay out: stay out and one dark nite, someone will toss a handful of slugs into ur belly.
so get wise."

who said this and in what chase edition??
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by schoolgirl: 12:28am On Aug 23, 2007
does anyone wish to sell JHC to me, the more the better. I am a huge fan and would love to have all his books. Promise to make it worth while. Might be very profitable.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by schoolgirl: 12:31am On Aug 23, 2007
Can someone buy some of JHC books for me? my uncle is in Nigeria and can bring it for me. I will reward accordinly.
contact me at bukolaajayi2000@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2007
Visit this page to download 5 good quality HADLEY chase books for free:
1. The Soft Centre
2. Figure it out for yourelf
3. Twelve Chinks and a woman
4. Miss Shumway waves a Wand
5. Strictly For Cash
http://www.esnips.com/web/JamesHadleyChaseThere's more to come
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by adjain(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2007
JAMES HADLEY DID YOU SAY!!![i][/i]
[b][/b][i][/i]Mr., You are speaking my language.
Beat this:
I've read the following:
He won't be needing it now, The WORLD IN MY POCKETS, THE WORLD AT MY FEET, THE VULTURE IS A VERY PATIENT BIRD.
Have you ever noticed the dramatic way Mr. Chase makes sure the criminal always come to a bad end? None of that Tough Criminal Cons Half the Whole World and kills the Other half stuff!!!

Abi How you see am??
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:51am On Sep 17, 2007
Check : http://www.esnips.com/web/JamesHadleyChase
to get Hit and Run complete book
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by moondust(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2007
Hadley Chase is was the shizzle!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2007
Hmmm. Where's nicetohave?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2007
Listen guys, I have all Chase books except:
1. Blonde's Requiem
2. Miss Callaghan Comes To Grief
3. No Business Of Mine
4. The Guilty are Afraid
5. Not Safe to Be Free

If anybody can create an ebook of any of the above, I create him any two ebooks of his choice.
Just mail me at: medwatt@hotmail.com
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by damon1: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2007
hi all, this is my first posting and possibly my last, depending how you all respond to my little claim to fame, my mum, now about 60 modeled on one of the covers of a james hadley chase book, eve i think, she has it framed, it,s cover only and she has long black hair and is looking into a glass. anyone seen it, i probably would even buy it if anybody wanted to sell, damon
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by dot2002(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2007
me too i have read all of them JHCs and other written by his friends and families at age twelve again and again. then i move up to James Clavell series that took some time but i thoroughly enjoyed the suspense and dark humours percolating through inbetween the lines,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jezzy(f): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2008
Ah,JHC.I remember back in the day we had to wrap the book with newspaper to hide what we were reading.Lol.Some had very suggestive pictures as covers.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by chyque: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2008
i got an "f" in maths during my secondry school days sad
my maths teacher always saw me with one chase book or the other, he concluded i was prone to Indecency
jhc was really helpfull. thought me a lot,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:47am On Jan 06, 2008
Check my folders at: http://www.esnips.com/web/JamesHadleyChase/
to get Lay Her Among The Lilies, He Won't Need It Now,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pcsarkar(m): 10:31am On Jan 16, 2008
Hi friends!!! Am back after a long gap, My completely updated website on James Hadley Chase is now available at

[center]http://www.hadleychase.co.nr[/center]

New info, new scans, new trivia, Enjoy and send me your feedback!!

Cheers!! grin grin

pcsarkar
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by wanitas(f): 8:40am On Feb 09, 2008
yeah, i remember James Haadley Chase's books,who wouldn't?
i was so into it i got one, think d title was- Games women play or sth like that---as i started reading, i was like,this is so not Hadley Chase, til someone told me that there were some such books that were not Chase's but were published as his--

how true--
dunno,
but did anyone hav that kind of experience?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Yassern(m): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2008
my God! who say James Hadley Chase novels didnt worth anything? , i use to stealfrom my father's book shelves , hhahah, at that time it was as if you are in an action movies which never ends(mind you some books use to have same characters names), i put copies of some paragraphies in my head, i read alot of them almost 70, i even wanted to know what he looks likes, he was and still my best among writers, my best one was "The Way the Cookie Crumbles" , this guy was the best, no Question about that.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by meexteriox(m): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
To me HADLEY CHASE is one individual that made one lasting impression on my life. He's simply out of this world. I've read over 75 copies of his novels. I sometimes wish he's still alive, he is one person i would really love to meet. He has a way with words that makes you kinda tick. He's an expert in the world of description, to me, only few compares to him. Here is an excerpt from one of my best : LIKE A SHOT IN THE BACK ;

[center]'' I've been around and i've known a lot of girls in my time. They've given me a lot of grief and a lot of fun. Now, girls are funny animals. You never know where you are with them. They don't often know where they are with themselves. It's no good trying to find out what makes them tick, it just can't be done. They have more lives than an army of cats have lives, and all you can hope for is to spot the mood you're after, when it turns up and step in quick. Hesitate and you are a dead duck, unless you're one of these guys who likes a slow approach, that might get you somewhere in a week or a month or even a year. But that's not the way i like it. I like it quick and sudden: LIKE A SHOT IN THE BACK''. [/center]

Respect man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you tu much
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Yassern(m): 5:26am On Feb 19, 2008
man! u made my day, u reminds me Lot, i use to like this paragraph, '' I've been around and I've known a lot of girls in my time. They've given me a lot of grief and a lot of fun. Now, girls are funny animals. You never know where you are with them. They don't often know where they are with themselves. It's no good trying to find out what makes them tick, it just can't be done. They have more lives than an army of cats have lives, and all you can hope for is to spot the mood you're after, when it turns up and step in quick. Hesitate and you are a dead duck, unless you're one of these guys who likes a slow approach, that might get you somewhere in a week or a month or even a year. But that's not the way i like it. I like it quick and sudden "to tell you the truth,i had same feelings like you,i wish i could meet this guy, he was more than a writer,to me, he used to see things before his own eyes(seer).i swear i was deep into him,whenever i tried to read some other novels,i couldn't feel them,i could feel what my eyes needs,only James Hadley Chase, this is to say,i was addicted to him, i wish he was still alive,there is no any writer can compare to him, he was the best !

peace,luv,respect,unity!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Uche2nna(m): 5:35am On Feb 19, 2008
Man, U guys have just brought back old memories. Boy oh Boy, JHC was the bomb. I cant believe that guy was for real. Back in college then, me and my guys used to read a lot of his books and also tried to incoporate his lingo into our everyday convo. JHC books was a stepping stone for me as I quickly gradauted into other authors like Mario Puzo (God bless his soul) , Frederck Forsythe , Robert Ludlum (My best books of all time The Bourne series) , Leon Uris (Mila 18 and Exodus) just to mention but a few. I owe it all to James Hadley Chase.

My favourite quotes, U try to figure out wat book was that:

I sleep light and I carry a gun---------

When a middle aged woman develops hot pants for a guy young enough to be her son , Cold water helps--------------
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Yassern(m): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2008
its all about Girls, Golds and Guns " figure it out for yourself" ha ha ! i don't know but it seems to me we who read his novels share some common stuffs, not all but some, i say this because i was trying to find some books which will almost look like James Hadley one's but it wasn't easy, anyway,i found myself fallen into author Mario Puzo, from "The Godfather"," The Last Don " these leads me to like watching mafian mob movies, something like Godfellas,Godfather,sopranos etc, by the way,the way James was,it was like watching great movies of all time, i mean he can talk about something,lets say,in the room, my friend,you will have a clear picture what that room looks alike, i respect him, no wonder some uses to say in every of his novel,there must be a paragraph which explain the whole book.if you take your time,you will find it, You Have Yourself a Deal~!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.