Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard (2189 Views)

Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard / Buhari In Talks With Igbo Leaders Over Pro-biafra Protests – Presidency / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by lightuplightup: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
S.E Governors to meet in Owerri over pro-Biafra protests
November 09, 2015 at 1:49 pm in News
Facebook Twitter SMS
WhatsApp
By Chidi Nkwopara, OWERRI.
Imo State Governor and Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Governors’ Forum, Chief Rochas Okorocha, is currently arranging a crucial meeting with other governors in the South-East, over the growing agitation by protagonists of Biafra.
According to a press statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, the leadership of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, and other stakeholders in the geo-political zone, were also being invited by the Governor, to talk and agree on how to check the activities of pro-Biafra groups in the area.
“The meeting is expected to take place this weekend in Owerri, the Imo State capital. Already the Governor has begun to make all the necessary contacts to ensure that all those expected to be at the meeting, would be in attendance”, Onwuemeodo said.
Vanguard recalls that Okorocha had earlier, while taking exception to the pro-Biafra violent protests in some of the South-East states and few other neighbouring states, disassociated the governors and leaders in the South-East states from the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, protest, describing the whole exercise as “embarrassing, disturbing, counter-productive and to a large extent, distracting”.
According to Governor Okorocha, the pro-Biafra protests could not be in the interest of the south-east people but were only sending wrong signals to the rest of Nigerians.
“It has become increasingly necessary for the governors in the zone, Ohaneze leaders and other stakeholders in the area to meet, to call a spade, a spade”, Okorocha said.
The Governor also said that “at the end of the Owerri meeting, the governors and other leaders will take a common position and will also invite the leaders of the pro-Biafra groups for a meeting, to let them know the socio-economic and political implications of their activities, including their demand for sovereignty in a united Nigeria”.
It was the considered opinion of Chief Okorocha that the governors and leaders in the zone could no longer sit and watch the whole situation degenerating, even as he also noted that the Igbos as a people cannot afford to have its own kind of Boko Haram.
He wondered why the pro-Biafra apologists kept quiet all these years only to resume their protests and activities this time and few months after the new administration in the country came on board.
Meanwhile, the Governor had also met with the security chiefs in the state on how to ensure that the pro-Biafra protests across the South-East states at the moment won’t be experienced in Imo state.
Similarly, the Governor has also been meeting with certain categories of the citizenry in the state that may have the temptation of joining the pro-Biafra protest to let them know the futility of such action.
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by lightuplightup: 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
great
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by BumbleDevil: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
They better meet and call their flat heads brothers to order. Generation of chest beaters have started again.

5 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by FreeGlobe(f): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please no igbo governor should attend this useless meeting.. Let Rochas go and meet with his APC governors, he is not part of us and never speak for us. I believe obiano will not be attending like the previous one he called.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by athaboi(f): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
Okorocha is a goat! Which governor will go to owerri for any meeting? Is owerri whr south east governors meet? I dont blame him na, it will be embarrasing because of his presidential ambition. I dey pity him, we knw everybody frustrting biafra movement...time will come wen we will confront them one on one. Somebody shld help me and tell rochas to relax abt 2019 presidency because it will be a nightmar to him. He shld wait for deputy governors that will be sent by the governors because i knw that no governor will honour such invitations frm that failure okorocha

17 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Beremx(f): 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Please no igbo governor should attend this useless meeting.. Let Rochas go and meet with his APC governors, he is not part of us and never speak for us. I believe obiano will not be attending like the previous one he called.
as if your opinion counts.

Mtscheeew!

8 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Sweetguy25: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
Okorocha you are a big fooooollll!!! This useless hausa man won't channel his energy into developing Imo State. Like Buhari, Like Okorocha. Two IDIOTS

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by BumbleDevil: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
People that are not, will not and can never be united are fighting for separation ........what an irony of life.

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by ojun50(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Free Kanu nd let peace be befor his arrest there was peace

5 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by FreeGlobe(f): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
Beremx:
as if your opinion counts.

Mtscheeew!
Berem obiano will not be attending. I hope other igbo governors should not also attend. Rochas should be meeting with his apc governors and not Igbo governors

7 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by WisdomCanada(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
They all support Biafra, they can quote me anywhere, they all support the actualization Biafra, even Okoroawusa himself, just that few of them are scared of buhari's ,..... U no wat I mean.

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by VickJames(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
This is a welcome development.

they should try and make this agitation worthwhile or else the agitation will continue.

2 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Beremx(f): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Berem obiano will not be attending. I hope other igbo governors should not also attend. Rochas should be meeting with his apc governors and not Igbo governors
how do you know Obiano won't be attending? Are you his secretary?

Nna abeg stop talking nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by mazzi: 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
The koko is that biafrans don't listen to these fat tommy governors. I hereby,declare their meeting meaningless!

4 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by SpaceTour: 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
What a useless meeting called by a useless and worthless fat ugly failed governor. Always seeking for cheap attention and playing to the gallery. I trust my governor to bluff this hopeless daft!

2 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by SpaceTour: 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
Biafra issue aside, it is very predictable that Obiano can never attend a meeting called by a hopeless, useless, worthless, failed governor. He thinks Obiano is a local unlettered clown like him..

Beremx:

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by FreeGlobe(f): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
Beremx:

obiano didn't attend the first meeting he called. he won't be attending this one too. Rochas should go and meet his apc governors

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Aromas: 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
BumbleDevil:
They better meet and call their flat heads brothers to order. Generation of chest beaters have started again.
The worst path of the matter is that most the Youths protesting for Biafra never witness the real Biafra war.
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by chesterlee(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nothing can stop this movement...

I didn't even know this was this serious....As it stands now: Even 1000 fully armed policemen won't be able to stop this agitators

Its a new revolution....The masses are finally speaking!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by PointB: 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
The people want to be free; they want Biafra! Rochas said the aspiration of his people is a distraction, what kind of leader speaks like that?

If Rochas and Ohaneze cannot offer the people what they want, I'm afraid they have lost their relevance, and should make way for those in tune with reality. Sovereignty belongs to the people, not to the so-called leaders!

A good leader must first listen, and then guide, not impose his will on the people!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by PointB: 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
In any case, we mostly don't respect the opinion of the turn-coat Rochas.

4 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by obailala(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Okorocha you are a big fooooollll!!! This useless hausa man won't channel his energy into developing Imo State. Like Buhari, Like Okorocha. Two IDIOTS
...Another frustrated jonathanian doing what they know how to do best; throw unwarranted insults around out of the bitterness in their hearts.
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
Alone? No IPOB representatives?

Well, the agenda should first be the release of Nnamdi kanu, then the referendum.

These two cannot be negotiated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2015

The Governor also said that “at the end of the Owerri meeting, the governors and other leaders will take a common position and will also invite the leaders of the pro-Biafra groups for a meeting, to let them know the socio-economic and political implications of their activities, including their demand for sovereignty in a united Nigeria”.

We know the implications, the question is,

DO YOU KNOW THE IMPLICATIONS OF YOUR EVILS ON THE SOUTH EASTERN PEOPLE?
DO YOU THINK YOU WILL GO FREE?
ARE YOU READY FOR ATONEMENT?

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2015

WHERE IS THE EXACT VENUE FOR THE MEETING?

WE WANT TO BARRICADE THE GATES WITH OUR FLAGS AND PEACEFUL PROTESTERS! WE WANT TO RAISE OIR BANNERS AND MAKE THEM PEEP AT US FROM INSIDE!
WE WANT THEM SO SEE THE CROWD AND SHIVER, SO THEY WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE THEY MAKE DECISIONS!

WHERE IS THE VENUE?

2 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
BumbleDevil:

Okay, we have read from you.

Can you now pit your tail between your legs and crawl away in shame?

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by comos: 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
obailala:
...Another frustrated jonathanian doing what they know how to do best; throw unwarranted insults around out of the bitterness in their hearts.
ur father!
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Idiataqueen(f): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
BumbleDevil:
la wa o,rule number 2 violated.

1 Like

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by IlekeHD: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hope they join the protest
Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2015

THEY SAID OUR YOUTHS ARE NOT PRODUVTIVE, THE UNDER 17 HAVE SHOWN THAT THE YOUTH CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING THEY SET OUT TO ACHIEVE!

IPOB IS NOT MASSOB! WE ARE ABLE BODIED YOUTHS! WE ARE ACTIVE! WE ARE AGILE! WE DO NOT WANT WAR, BUT WE ARE READY TO DIE!
SOME HAVE DIED, SOME MAY DIE STILL, IT MAY BE ME OR ANYONE ELSE!

BUT MY DAUGHTER SOMTO, AND MY SON, OLUEBUBE, THEY MUST HAVE A FUTURE! THEY MUST GROW UP IN A SANE COMMUNITY! THEY MUST NOT HAVE THEIR RIGHTS TRAMPLED UPON! MY WIFE WILL NOT BE EXPLOITED BY THE POLICE ON THE STREETS, OR BY AN EMPLOYER! IF I DIE TO ACHIEVE THIS, THEN I DIE AS A MAN!

BIAFRA MUST COME!

5 Likes

Re: S.E Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-biafra Protests -vanguard by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Aromas:

The worst path of the matter is that most the Youths protesting for Biafra never witness the real Biafra war.

WE DIDNT WITNESS THE WAR, BUT WE HAVE WITNESSED TGE BITTERNESS, WE WERE INNOCENT, BUT THEY TREATED US AS GUILTY.
MANY OF OUR ROADS ARE STILL WAR THORN! THE SCARS OF THE WAR ARE STILL VISIBLE, OUR HOUSES WHICH WERE STOLEN WERENT RETURNED!
WE DIDNT WITNESS THE ACTION, BUT FOR MANY YEARS, WE WITNESSED THE MARGINALIZATION!
WE REFUSED TO BE PUSHED ANY FURTHER!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasinjom Masquerade of the Ekpe people. / Nnamdi Kanu Sponsoring Terrorism Against Nigeria – SSS / Atiku Wives Houses In Yola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.