Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests (25375 Views)

Assemblies Of God Church Was Not Attacked In Onitsha – Anambra Government / Anambra Government Orders Public Servants To Submit Voters' Card Or Lose Salary / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by naijaobi(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
anambra adigo mma

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Emekamex(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
azeezlateefah:

Sharap don't type shit, its a state road!

It will be recalled that the gov during the weekend paid a visit at the bridge and instructed Infrastructure Development Company (IDC) to do everything they can to save the bridge while we wait for federal government whom the road falls into their jurisdiction.

Read before you attack others so as not to look like a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Ucheosefoh(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
azeezlateefah:

You stop typing poo this is a federal road
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by M4gunners: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
And they say we should stop wailing.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Lsofdk(m): 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
azeezlateefah:

sharap and stop displaying your ignorance publicly. do you even know where nkpor flyover is located and you say it's a state road

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by gretblue: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
@ emekamex you should have held your Hero Gej) responsible for this havnt spent 6yrs in power.Not the present govt which is barely 6months in power.
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Emekamex(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
gretblue:
@ emekamex you should have held your Hero Gej) responsible for this havnt spent 6yrs in power.Not the present govt which is barely 6months in power.
So we should wait for the bridge to completely collapse because it is "GEJ's fault". I am sorry to say but that is a retar(d)ed way of governance if this is actually what you meant to say.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by tolustx(m): 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
liberty300:
We have nairaland and Linda ikeji to thank for this
EagleScribes:
Nice one there. At least something good to talk about. But must we wait for protest tinz before govt gives us what we deserve?
It is not true! The gov is not doing d road because of online comments. It is a federal rod tht everyone plies. So without anyone telling you, u know it must be fixed asap. The extent of damage is also so great that if left like dt, it would most likely pull down d whole bridge structure, resulting in much greater loss nd probably claim lives too. Work lso started on d site last week, not just recently.

People shud not take glory for what they didn't do and then make d person in charge feel like he doesn't know what to do except when pushed to do it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by donwati(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
azeezlateefah:

not a state road bt fg
road
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by DOCTORDONE: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thank you Mr.Gov. Election is around the corner.
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by cecegorz(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
Akpokuedike Igbo nine!
Ndi Anambra adi eche ndi ocha.

Responsiveness is the hallmark of leadership. In as much as we are running a useless form of a federal government, state governments should largely take the initiative to ameliorate the pains of her people before expecting the Abuja loafers.

This is one of the reasons why we need to restructure this federation, local leadership must be empowered to take care of local problems, in that case people can hold their local leaders fully responsible for whatever they do or did not do, there will be no excuses about someone embezzling contract funds and running to Abuja for cover.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by chigoizie7(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
mazeltov:
I can't keep this and I won't hide it, Obiano is the most performing governor both in south east and even Nigeria. He has vision for the people of anambra - the way he rehabilitated government lodge at Nibo junction, Fly over bridge and rehabilitation of roads opposite MRS station at awka, Putting street light from Eke awka to amawbia and some other places - just like small london. He double workers' salary as he has promised, traffic light is there too. Honestly as a yoruba man, I really want to commend him for his effort. Keep it up Mr Governor, we are solidly behind you sir

Lolz, truthfully, obiano is working, but don't give him credits for another persons work/efforts.

Flyovers(80% mobilised and d remaining 20% all intact for that project) and eke awka road/street lights are obi's projects.

Rehabilitation of govt lodge amawbia by nibo road is obiano.

Salaries are obi's making, b4 he left office, he left 3yrs salaries of workers in anambra in advance,(specifically left out for salaries and pensions).

I give obiano the gratitude for not mismanging the funds or abandoning any of the past administration's project.

All the same obiano is working, Anambra adigo mma.

Anambra kwenu!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by chigoizie7(m): 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
azeezlateefah:

Na u suppose shut up. That onitsha-enugu expressway is a federal road, but FG has refused to do anything concerning the dilapidated road since obasanjo's admin, that road being very important for businessmen/women in onitsha metropolis,the then peter obi's administration decided to do that road from the onitsha bridge to odumodu junction(and expansion of 10lane) and then from amawbia(three flyovers amawbia,kwata and aroma junctions) to the boundry between Anambra and Enugu hoping that the FG will refund them, but it never came, FG negleted the state govt, so the state bore all the burden of that road(a federal road).
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by FreeGlobe(f): 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
otokx:
Good if true.
You are seeing pictures and saying if true? SMH. Willie is Working cc alfred5 tongue

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
mazeltov:
I can't keep this and I won't hide it, Obiano is the most performing governor both in south east and even Nigeria. He has vision for the people of anambra - the way he rehabilitated government lodge at Nibo junction, Fly over bridge and rehabilitation of roads opposite MRS station at awka, Putting street light from Eke awka to amawbia and some other places - just like small london. He double workers' salary as he has promised, traffic light is there too. Honestly as a yoruba man, I really want to commend him for his effort. Keep it up Mr Governor, we are solidly behind you sir
Wow so a Nairaland Yoruba person can see something good in Igbo land and be proud to say it in nairaland.com of all hate places..... God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Gamechanger: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
mazeltov:

Thanks for saying the truth as it is.

No arguments. Willie is working

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Harmvirus(f): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Willie is working
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Irokoroots: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
The contractor looks like he is performing a cheap-fix which is not always the best option from an engineering point of view. The road will look fixed for a while but I can bet you in 5-7 years the road will be back to how it looked before (cracked and buried in the gully).

The color of the soil used as fill looks very similar to the soil in the surrounding area (which is not hard to imagine since they are going with the cheapest option). Based on the red color of the soil I will say the soil is a Clayey soil which is very common to areas susceptible to gully erosion. So this fix is like scooping water out of a sinking boat without plugging the hole in the boat.

I would imagine a more sensible fix would be to use some type of cementicous fill as backfill and a pile wall (or concrete retaining wall) to hold the fill together which makes sense since the road is more elevated than the surrounding. The people in the community need to put money together to hire an independent Civil Engineer to look at this fix and certify that it is indeed up to standard.
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Still waiting to hear when his imo state counterpart would do even something palliative about owerri-ph Road and other numerous federal Road that's bn cut off for months. I can bet that all he's scheming is how to replace himself with his son in law come 2019 and how to move on to the federal level himself, his supporters are just sheepishly following behind into the cave of eternal slavery.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
Willie obiano is not working anything. I am a resident of anambra state and I will tell you. At the initial stage when that nkpor road is not yet severe, he didn't care to come and do it, now its worst he has come for it. Everybody in anambra state is complaining,

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
Irokoroots:
The contractor looks like he is performing a cheap-fix which is not always the best option from an engineering point of view. The road will look fixed for a while but I can bet you in 5-7 years the road will be back to how it looked before (cracked and buried in the gully).

The color of the soil used as fill looks very similar to the soil in the surrounding area (which is not hard to imagine since they are going with the cheapest option). Based on the red color of the soil I will say the soil is a Clayey soil which is very common to areas susceptible to gully erosion. So this fix is like scooping water out of a sinking boat without plugging the hole in the boat.

I would imagine a more sensible fix would be to use some type of cementicous fill as backfill and a pile wall (or concrete retaining wall) to hold the fill together which makes sense since the road is more elevated than the surrounding. The people in the community need to put money together to hire an independent Civil Engineer to look at this fix and certify that it is indeed up to standard.

Yes, the governor ordered the contractor to save the road by doing a quick fix, pending on when the federal government would do the needful, it's a federal Highway remember??
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by mhizzcutie(f): 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Willie should please do something about the state university... Imagine fresher's paying #137,000 except med surge who pays more than #200,000.. This excludes acceptance fee and other fees involved ooo.. This is outrageous and he really needs to do something about it if he still wants to be there come 2018....
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
azeezlateefah:

have u seen river Niger before.
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Irokoroots:

beats me how u concluded from seeing just a few pic. I too know.
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Irokoroots: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
patmaine:

beats me how u concluded from seeing just a few pic. I too know.

Are you an Engineer? No. Do you have to sleep in a building before you know its badly built? I hope you are not that stupid.

I am a licensed practicing profession Engineer (PE). I practice Structural Engineering now but I have a couple of years Geotechnical Engineering experience under my belt. Visual Inspection of soils is a common practice in Geotechnical Engineering. You can 9 times out of 10 decipher a soil type by judging its color, geographical location, and physical properties (Clayey Sands are easily susceptible to erosion). I don't go around pointing out your profession to you, do I? My friend, Don't vex me today! *hiss*
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Irokoroots:

Are you an Engineer? No. Do you have to sleep in a building before you know its badly built? I hope you are not that stupid.

I am a licensed practicing profession Engineer (PE). I practice Structural Engineering now but I have a couple of years Geotechnical Engineering experience under my belt. Visual Inspection of soils is a common practice in Geotechnical Engineering. You can 9 times out of 10 decipher a soil type by judging its color, geographical location, and physical properties (Clayey Sands are easily susceptible to erosion). I don't go around pointing out your profession to you, do I? My friend, Don't vex me today! *hiss*

structural engineer. respect.
I think I am in a better position to explain all u wrote above.
geologist.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Irokoroots:

structural engineer. respect.
I think I am in a better position to explain all u wrote above.
geologist.
I am not doubting Ur profession. I just marvel at how u could deduct all dis from a few pic. to even write a long epistle. of I too know
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Alexander001(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
MadCow1:
I am surprised Obiano is not in the Picture, dressed in 'his image-embossed print shirt' and his haircut with parting, standing next to a "WILLIE IS WORKING" sign post.. grin
lol, you know the man well...every small work be it filling of pot holes you must see willie is working sign post.
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Malawian(m): 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
naijaobi:
anambra adigo mma
general scatter was yapping this refrain for so long that we had to show the world his nose.
be very very careful grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests by Rossikk(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
Emekamex:
Kudos to Obiano for taking the burden of repairing a federal government road; after some people will be asking why we agitate for Biafra. The FG has not even shown a single atom of concern talk more of even trying to salvage the bridge. They should continue sha; God always has a way of protecting his people.

Lalasticlala do the needful.

But Jonathan is a 'Biafran' and was in power for donkey years.. Why didn't he fix it?

I guess we had to change Nigeria's name to 'Biafra' before he could fix it, no?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pantami: DSS Disowns Ex-Director, Amachree's Comment / Remi Tinubu Splashes N75 Million To Drag Me Down - Senator Dino Melaye Says / Fashola Inspects Emergency Repair Of Kaduna-Abuja Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.