Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO (31701 Views)

Nigeria Emerges World’s 4th Largest Cashew Producer, Earned N284billion / Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa / Mtn Ceo Resigns As Ncc Insists On Payment Of N1trillion Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by adeoluakin: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
@OP Alakoba. Why such a misquoted headline.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by razzberries: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
next bus stop, DSTV
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by DOCTORDONE: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
Welcome on board sir.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by ceejay80s(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Wetin me I understand for the headline is mtn Chairman who is a south African slave is telling us that south africa will deal with NCC of nigeria. Meaning, south africa will deal with nigeria ?
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by vicfajeze: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
mtn abeg pack and go
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Adesiji77: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Begonia:
The topic is misleading.

Anyway, MTN should spare us the drama.
They should face the consequences of their action and move the hell on.

Word!
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by princehabyb(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Lolz...nawa o
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by xtervaganza(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
The fines were listed for non compliance already and you idiots decided to flaunt it?
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by menxer: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Typical Nigerian news reportage.

The man said "proactively deal with NCC", @OP reported "deal with NCC" in the headline.

Omitting the adjective makes the comment confrontational.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Bollinger(m): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
olokeded:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/nhleko-takes-over-as-mtns-acting-chair/

OP you go school at all? What he said and your headline, are they the same thing?
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Onliie(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
MTN has been deducting my credit incessantly these days. Hope im not paying part of the fine
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
ritababe:
So far am concern, mtn is still the best network in nigeria.
receive sense
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by dacovajnr: 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
Abi eleyi ya waray ni? From where to where undecidedOgbeni dig hand for pocket and pay your fine jor..imagine Nigerian can hold the position of CEO and you wan do biz with ease for Nigeria..you just dey start..infact u never Start.. undecided
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by preciousMI1(f): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
and sack those evil spirits that sends those bulk sms from Isaiah 3310 3320 etc
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by cirmuell(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
Engrish angry

Na the mod we go blame now abi Op?
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by swezenberg(m): 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
where did this OP learn his English. What a misleading header
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by erudean: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
lol the topic made it seem as if he's here to fight NCC
Exactly my thought!
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
no wonder my airtime no dey last again 4 phone
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Goldenboy007(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
It clearly shows that most of us are oblivious of the consequences of MTN divesting their interest in the Nigerian economy. Thousands of Generator companies like Jubaili, JMG, Mikano, and mech/tech spare parts companies will go down, thousands of indigenous diesel company will die, what of Telecom support companies? Ericsson will downsize, Huawei will downsize, Siemens, etc, the indigenous ones will close down. That's just mentioning few of the impact of MTN shutting down business in Nigeria. The present unemployment will be a child's play to the one you will subsequently witness ! Bunch of ignorant people ! Judging the level of intelligence in some comments some so called Nigerian youths make on this forum, please tell me these people are 8 grade kids and not product of our educational systems ...or else Nigeria is in trouble !!

2 Likes

Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Oluwaskilashi(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
Point of observation, its not MTN Nigeria CEO that resigned its MTN Group CEO, Mike Ikpoki still remains MTN Nigeria CEO
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by nigeriancuban: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hope this one will bring change to empty-hen.....and for the record the predecessor didn't willingly resign,he was force to.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by nigeriancuban: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hope this one will bring change to empty-hen.....and for the record the predecessor didn't willingly resign,he was forced to.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by 14(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
Goldenboy007:
It clearly shows that most of us are oblivious of the consequences of MTN divesting their interest in the Nigerian economy. Thousands of Generator companies like Jubaili, JMG, Mikano, and mech/tech spare parts companies will go down, thousands of indigenous diesel company will die, what of Telecom support companies? Ericsson will downsize, Huawei will downsize, Siemens, etc, the indigenous ones will close down. That's just mentioning few of the impact of MTN shutting down business in Nigeria. The present unemployment will be a child's play to the one you will subsequently witness ! Bunch of ignorant people ! Judging the level of intelligence in some comments some so called Nigerian youths make on this forum, please tell me these people are 8 grade kids and not product of our educational systems ...or else Nigeria is in trouble !!

Eventually MTN will leave Nigeria, but not in a hurry. In situation like this, you sell your stake to the biggest bidder, local or international, between 50 to 60%.

Nigeria is no longer conjucive for doing business, with all its challenges, the regulatory environment has made it business unfriendly. Most international companies will look east, Ethiopia, Tanzania and kenya are attractive and no bottlenecks.

Maybe Nigeria think they can build their own multinationals like the likes of DStv, MTN, Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Stanbic, Game. The question is, why could nigeria not have such businesses before they came in? The answer is, Nigeria was not capable and still not capable to run such businesses.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by KINGOFJAPAN: 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
14:
The question is, why could nigeria not have such businesses before they came in? The answer is, Nigeria was not capable and still not capable to run such businesses.
Nice try southie, We have Globacom , Dangote and many more businesses operating in other parts of Africa.
Nigerians are more than capable to run such businesses..
Mtn can go to Hades for all we care, we don't need em.
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Goldenboy007(m): 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
14:

Eventually MTN will leave Nigeria, but not in a hurry. In situation like this, you sell your stake to the biggest bidder, local or international, between 50 to 60%.

Nigeria is no longer conjucive for doing business, with all its challenges, the regulatory environment has made it business unfriendly. Most international companies will look east, Ethiopia, Tanzania and kenya are attractive and no bottlenecks.

Maybe Nigeria think they can build their own multinationals like the likes of DStv, MTN, Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Stanbic, Game. The question is, why could nigeria not have such businesses before they came in? The answer is, Nigeria was not capable and still not capable to run such businesses.

Can you imagine, don't mind them. We Nigerians know how to complain ! Let them go ask their parents what happened when Nitel closed down , or ask their seniors when Jim Ovia closed visafone and laid people off!! If Satellite TV was easy your indigenous HiTV wouldn't have closed down. Wait till all these foreign investments go...then you can all go back to fish farming with your half baked degree certificates !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by OohLalah(f): 11:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
14:

More heads to roll! And I hope they sack all the MTN Nigeria Executives & boards. Bring back exparts to replace the executives. All this nonsense happened on their watch having very well the knowledge of the country & people. They must sack the hell lot!
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by GLOBALINF: 12:19am On Nov 10, 2015
My sim is yet to be registered hope NCC will give me my 200k else me self go fine dem 5billion cos na my line dem no register no be NCC line, I remember how much I buy that line those dayz and I still get my log book for all the credit I don buy since 2002. Thank God o I dey collect all my money bock. In this regard I sing in Joel voice..... Jehovah CHukwudi e chukwudi e
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Thatitan234(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2015
MTN Group in SA and not MTN Nigeria... Stop misinforming people pls. Michael Ikpoki is MTN Nigeria CEO
Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by rman: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2015
Goldenboy007:

Nigerians can't think deeply. Overly emotional with low IQ

1 Like

Re: Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2015
hmmm... MTN should just pay up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rats Blamed For Eating N17 Million Banknotes Inside ATM / How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank / Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.