Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,881 members, 7,862,983 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams (665 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Check Out This Major Throwback Pic Of Adeboye & Oyedepo In ’86 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by huxley(m): 8:48pm On May 14, 2009
Is Adeboye's God really omnipotent? Turn to Open Heaven 2009, Friday 15th May;

God has a purpose for every dream He gives. There are basic, secondary and ultimate reasons for dreams. The basic reasons for dreams could be to tell you what is about to happen according to Genesis 37:5-10. Also, it could be to warn His people of danger ahead. This was the case with king Abimelech in Genesis20:1-18. In Daniel 4:4-27, God gave king Nebuchadnezzar a dream of what was going to happen in the future so that he could repent. [size=14pt]Unfortunately, God's purpose for giving certain dreams may be frustrated[/size]. Why? Because recipients hardly take them seriously. Or never believe at all in dreams. Some don't even seek for clarity of coded dreams. How have you been handling your dreams? Another basic reasons for dreams could be to communicate with those who cannot hear God audibly. It is not everybody who can hear and recognise God's voice. Not even all God's servants. God uses dreams to communicate with a number of His prophets whereas He spoke face to face with Moses (Num 12: 5-cool. If you are yet to recognise God's voice, carefully watch your dream life. [size=14pt]Also, if God has to wait until night to pass a message across to you, you still have a long way to go[/size]. Grow up and climb the spiritual ladder higher.

Secondary dreams are dreams God gives to other people which may be of benefit to you. Sometimes, it is not the dream you had but the one somebody else had, that God could use to encourage and strengthen you in the battle of life. In Judges 7:9-14, God gave Gideon an assignment which he thought was impossible to accomplish. Then the Lord sent him on a spy mission just to hear the dream of one of the enemies and its interpretation. That put fire in his bones and he rose to fight them. The dreams that will help you to be victorious over your fears, difficulties and doubts could well be given to your neighbours. This is one reason you should treat everyone with care, love and understanding or else they could hijack the dreams you need to move on. Ask God to grant you understanding of your dreams.

Has this God got any powers left? What kind of God can have his purposes FRUSTRATED? What kind of God has to WAIT until the night to pass on his message?
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by banom(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2009
huxley:

Is Adeboye's God really omnipotent? Turn to Open Heaven 2009, Friday 15th May;

God has a purpose for every dream He gives. There are basic, secondary and ultimate reasons for dreams. The basic reasons for dreams could be to tell you what is about to happen according to Genesis 37:5-10. Also, it could be to warn His people of danger ahead. This was the case with king Abimelech in Genesis20:1-18. In Daniel 4:4-27, God gave king Nebuchadnezzar a dream of what was going to happen in the future so that he could repent. [size=14pt]Unfortunately, God's purpose for giving certain dreams may be frustrated[/size]. Why? Because recipients hardly take them seriously. Or never believe at all in dreams. Some don't even seek for clarity of coded dreams. How have you been handling your dreams? Another basic reasons for dreams could be to communicate with those who cannot hear God audibly. It is not everybody who can hear and recognise God's voice. Not even all God's servants. God uses dreams to communicate with a number of His prophets whereas He spoke face to face with Moses (Num 12: 5-cool. If you are yet to recognise God's voice, carefully watch your dream life. [size=14pt]Also, if God has to wait until night to pass a message across to you, you still have a long way to go[/size]. Grow up and climb the spiritual ladder higher.

Secondary dreams are dreams God gives to other people which may be of benefit to you. Sometimes, it is not the dream you had but the one somebody else had, that God could use to encourage and strengthen you in the battle of life. In Judges 7:9-14, God gave Gideon an assignment which he thought was impossible to accomplish. Then the Lord sent him on a spy mission just to hear the dream of one of the enemies and its interpretation. That put fire in his bones and he rose to fight them. The dreams that will help you to be victorious over your fears, difficulties and doubts could well be given to your neighbours. This is one reason you should treat everyone with care, love and understanding or else they could hijack the dreams you need to move on. Ask God to grant you understanding of your dreams.

Has this God got any powers left? What kind of God can have his purposes FRUSTRATED? What kind of God has to WAIT until the night to pass on his message?

It is the god that permits blocking of lagos/ibadan exprex way every month and exploitations of poor people .
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by Okemoni: 9:41pm On May 14, 2009
Huxley, God does not have any less powers. one thing you need to know is that whether you believe in God or not, He is still the King of kings and Lord of Lords. As regards the passage, what you need to know is that we as human beings(even christians), have our own free will to make decisions. God put Adam and Eve in the Garden, he gave them the free will to choose right or wrong, and they chose to eat the fruit, and we know the consequences of that. so when the Man of God said Gods plan could be frustrated, he meant that if we choose not to yield to Gods voice, then of course his plans for our lives(which are of good and not of evil) cannot come to pass, God does not force people. he will tell you what to do, and it is left to you to choose.

As regards God having to wait to the night, he meant that if God has been trying to speak to you and you are not yielding to his voice, God been merciful, might try to speak to you thru your dream. what the man of God is saying is that as a christian we need to have our spiritual antennas tuned up so we can easily hear from God, when he has to try so many means to speak to us, we could miss out on some things from God.
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by huxley(m): 1:12pm On May 15, 2009
I had a dream about Nairaland and its members last night. If more than 10 members want to know, then I shall reveal it here. Watch this space.
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 15, 2009
i want to know. 1
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by PastorAIO: 1:38pm On May 15, 2009
huxley:

I had a dream about Nairaland and its members last night. If more than 10 members want to know, then I shall reveal it here. Watch this space.

I don't disbelieve you Huxley. I reckon that not only do you dream Nairaland but you eat and breathe it too judging from the number of threads you've started up.
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by wendyc: 6:18pm On May 15, 2009
GOD is forever powerful, HE is the almighty GOD. there is no way that his power can ever fade, or not enough, or fraustrated. one of the guest here answered this well, GOD will not force you. we all have to be accountable for things that we do. like adam and eve, if you look at the case of jonah, where he was running away from GOD, he dealt with him, because he had a purpose of good for his life.
have you ever wondered why some people, when dey were growing up, they stole, killed and did horrible things, and later in life they are filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, like Saul? that is because GOD already knows how they really are deep inside, if they are worth investing in, if they will obey him truely. People like that he will go extra mile to make sure that they are fine for the use and purpose he has for their lives.

GOD uses dreams to talk to us, we are all working and busy and all, if we look at the time we spend on line, friends, and all, it's a lot of time, and the only time He can get some of us to listen is our dreams, vision. now that does not neccessarily mean that he can't talk to us during the day, but the question is are we in the state to hear him when he does?
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by huxley(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I don't disbelieve you Huxley. I reckon that not only do you dream Nairaland but you eat and breathe it too judging from the number of threads you've started up.

Oh yes, NL is GREAT and I enjoy spending time here. Don't you? It looks to me like you do too.

The feedback I have got from some members is that my presence here is valued and that is why I keep posting. You, for one, have commented positively with regards to my contribution, which I might add, is an honour.

Like any activity, there is a point of dimishing returns, beyond which I would have very little impact. I might already be there or close to being there. So there inevitably will come a time when I shall withdraw from contributing. But my hope is that we (the rationalists) would have spread the message of rationalism and naturalism suffciently into the Nigerian/African memesphere before I retire. Our mission is great but not insurmountable.
Re: The Inanities Of Adeboye - Secondary Dreams by PastorAIO: 1:52pm On May 16, 2009
huxley:

Oh yes, NL is GREAT and I enjoy spending time here. Don't you? It looks to me like you do too.

The feedback I have got from some members is that my presence here is valued and that is why I keep posting. You, for one, have commented positively with regards to my contribution, which I might add, is an honour.

Like any activity, there is a point of dimishing returns, beyond which I would have very little impact. I might already be there or close to being there. So there inevitably will come a time when I shall withdraw from contributing. But my hope is that we (the rationalists) would have spread the message of rationalism and naturalism suffciently into the Nigerian/African memesphere before I retire. Our mission is great but not insurmountable.

And God Bless you in your endeavour.

(1) (Reply)

I Feel The World Is Coming To An End / Know The Church God, The Family God And The Personal God. / The Power Working In Impossibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.