Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! (641 Views)

Evans: Police Reacts To Report On Promotion Of Officers Who Arrested Kidnapper / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) / 11-yr-old Threatened To Report Me If I Didn’t Have Sex With Her —suspect (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 10, 2015
To start with, I am an ardent reader of Nairaland who literally can't do without a day coming on Nairaland like my life depends on it.
Perhaps, I've since been in a dilemma lately in which I do not tell anyone around me because it all started like it's a joke but unfortunately, it is becoming more severe than I can imagine.
However, one particular person or group of person's has been stalking me lately which I think giving them (him) an attention is what eventually led to all of these.
The very first day, the person messaged me on WhatsApp and I swiftly reply, below is our conversational style;

Unknown: Hello
Me: Hi
Unknown: How are you doing?
Me: Cool, you?
Unknown: Fine.
Me: Glad to know.
Unknown: My name is Nasiha Erdic, one of your Customer in Lagos
Me: Oh, cool!
Unknown: I work for tekno company to supply Nigerians phones in your country
Me: Big you!
Unknown: I saved your number as Customer Lagos 2
Me: Who then is Lagos 1 smiley ?
Unknown: Somebody along ikeja axis
Me: Okay.
Unknown: Do I get your name to rename your name in my phone book? (Unfortunately, this makes their game easier on my part as I voluntarily gave it out without me sensing any foul play)
Me: I'm ____________ , you could simply search using True caller to verify.
Unknown: Alright, I'll modify your name in my phone book.

Fast-forward to some days, this person message me with an image of me which he obtained from my WhatsApp profile pix already modified with Newspaper headline with a lot of scandal write-up in it and hoping to publish on several online portals but then, I wasn't moved a bit since I knew I had done nothing warranting such but unfortunately, two (2) days ago, he sent me a link again on my WhatsApp with several modifications to the twitter account in order to convince the entire public I really am behind the twitter account. The person is on the verge of discrediting me on all platform which he promise to desist in this nefarious act only when I have decided to pay him for no just reason.
In essence, whom do I report this kind of criminal act to or which is the appropriate channel to forward my complaint to? Please help!
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by menix(m): 6:02am On Nov 10, 2015
DPO menix is here, the only Abakaliki man to become DSP.

Send me the niggaz phone number nd urs for onward investigation.

Pls don't forget to credit my acct I ve sent u with mobilization fee of 5k.
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by Threedots(m): 6:16am On Nov 10, 2015
Damn, this is really scary. I suggest you involve the police ASAP before you start thinking of other plans. i also suggest that you continue chatting with that guy to get more information about him without revealing your personal details. screen shot all the conversation you'v had with him and keep them.

may God protect your dignity
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by FirstCounsel(m): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2015
That is blackmail apparently. Approach the State CID Panti Yaba asap. As much as we hate d police, they have a way of cracking these cases if motivated
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 10, 2015
Please for goodness sake, help with reliable piece of information. The person has gone far as modifying a twitter account by impersonating me. Perhaps, I have just removed my picture on WhatsApp and do not know what step is to be taken next. I don't believe the Police-post around can handle this kind of case, I really want the person behind all of these threat get apprehended. In case anyone would like to know where I reside, I am residing in Lagos, Nigeria.
I would be glad to see anyone desire to help me.
By the way, just as at 09:56am today, Tuesday 10th, 2015. I received a text from the person using the same number he/she has been using to chat with me telling me to Checkout my new twitter account.
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by david290(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2015
Do good by dropping his number
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
david290:
Do good by dropping his number

Ever since the person has been threatening me, I never for once called his/her num just to ensure he/she doesn't change his/her contact so soon. Unless, I can be guaranteed he/she will be apprehended, I won't want to leave his/her number as a little disturbance could let us miss my (our) target which is to apprehend him/her.
Re: Which Is The Appropriate Department To Report In A Matter Of Urgency? Help Pls! by david290(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
SoWorried:

Ever since the person has been threatening me, I never for once called his/her num just to ensure he/she doesn't change his/her contact so soon. Unless, I can be guaranteed he/she will be apprehended, I won't want to leave his/her number as a little disturbance could let us miss my (our) target which is to apprehend him/her.
I reason with you. Meanwhile, I have made a post out of this on my website (check my signature). I tried to conceal all fragile details. I did this for two reasons:
*To get you urgent help as I discover that your matter isn't getting the desired attention on here (seeing that members are busy in the politics and romance section).
* Secondly, to create awareness for Nigerians as this is what my platform is all about. I feel your pain, and that's why I'm in with you on this. I can't wait for this episode to pass...and the scambag docked.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: HID Awolowo's Corpse Lying In Her Residence For The Final Burial Tomorro / I Do Not Enjoy Having A Baby For Boko Haram Militant – Rape Victim Laments / Kanu’s 'confession' Containing Apology To Buhari (full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.