Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President (20730 Views)

NFF President And Officials At Keshi's House In Benin / Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by skak(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2015
President of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is worthy of a bold mention in the Guinness Book of Records.

The NFF boss said this on Monday in Santiago as he boarded a flight to Buenos Aires on the way back home from a success story at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile.

According to a post that appeared on the NFF, Pinnick said: “Yes, it is a success story as you just mentioned, but it would not have ended that way without the great support that the Nigeria Football Federation continues to receive from the President Muhammadu Buhari –led Federal Government.

“In fact, the Nigeria Football Federation is dedicating this triumph to President Buhari. He is a man of history. He was there when the first set won the trophy in 1985 as military Head of State; now he is here as civilian President when the Class of 2015 emerged victorious.

Seriously speaking, I don’t think there is any Head of State or Government in the entire universe who has this honour, and for this, our PMB deserves a place in the Guinness Book of Records.”

Pinnick, whose one–year administration can now point to successes at the African Women Championship (Namibia 2014), African Youth Championship (Senegal 2015) and now the Eaglets’ triumph (aside qualifications for several major tournaments), insisted on Monday that the masterstroke for the Eaglets’ confident and determined approach was President Buhari’s call to the team a day earlier.

“We appreciate the President for sparing time out of his very tight schedule to talk to each and every player and official. That was a massive motivation. At the end of the conversation, the players told me they would go all out and give whatever it would take to win, having been inspired by the country’s leader.

“Football is a potent and huge tool for national unity and the focus of the present NFF administration is to build a sustainable football culture for our country. Triumphs are good, but we must not overlook the sustainable culture.

” The NFF President assured that his administration would be strongly involved in the players’ development, unlike what happened in the past. “People have talked about monitoring the players. We would do more than that. We would be part of their developmental programs and seamless transition to senior categories.

“We are very happy with this victory because it gives us the opportunity to present to our dear PMB his first global crown on his return as civilian President.”

Pannick, a member of the Organizing Committee for the FIFA U-20 World Cup, and who joined the dignitaries to hand out the medals in Vina del Mar on Sunday, hinted that the NFF already has other targets in its immediate radar.

“Of course, we are celebrating. But I can tell you that our focus has already shifted to the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal. It is important that we earn
a ticket to the men’s football tournament of next year’s Olympics in Brazil.

“We will give Samson Siasia’s squad all the support to win the ticket. And of course, we have also concluded arrangements to ensure the Super Eagles defeat Swaziland in the race for the 2018 FIFA World Cup starting with the first leg in Lobamba on Friday,” said Pinnick, as he congratulated the U-20 women national team, Falconets, for earning a ticket to the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup after beating South Africa’s Basetsana on Sunday.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-deserves-place-in-guinness-book-of-records/

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by menix(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2015
I agree if it will be "The dullarpo heading a country with Intellects"

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by bigtt76(f): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2015
So f@cking what? Sycophancy at it again right? angry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by boboLIL(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2015
For being the most corrupted and clueless president and also a chronic liar

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by NupeZalla(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2015
All d posters above me are haters

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by skak(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Lalasticlala come help wailers get something to cry

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by duwdu: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2015
There's no lie in all that Pinnick has said, and as contained in the original post. He also did not sugarcoat any of his statements.

If indeed the authors of the Guinness Book of World Records deem it fit to include such largely and lucky coincidental feat for Buhari as has been pointed out by Pinnick, by all means let them do so.

Sure you can't deny a man - in this case, Buhari - his destiny, no matter the circumstances under which it's come about?

P34c3

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by lasisi69(f): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Help write am nah if them no come gree...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by NinaTohBadt(f): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY.
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Austin4lif: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Buhari name will surely be in the Guinness book for killing democracy in Nigeria. The judge in taraba tribunal is acting on a script from the APC. Declaring a fulani woman governor of taraba is like. Imposing a christian governor in kano state. She did nt win the election by total votes cast so why will APC rejoice that it is a victory for democracy.? Buhari will be in the Guinness book of record for supporting Gaza strip to gain independence and yet detained mr Kalu. Buhari will be in the Guinness book of record for telling lies during campaign. He might also be in the Guinness book of record as the last president of Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Sijo01(f): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
What is this foool saying? Trying too hard to be on booohari's good book.
No matter how much praise you shower on him, as far you're not a gworo eater, he will soon sack your sorry a'ss

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by ERONX(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mtchewww no b only Guineas book of record na Alomo book of record undecided

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Richie0974: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Really? ?
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by nnachidav: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
For what?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by efilefun(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
boboLIL:
Hello This is BUHARI we talking about not GEJ cuz you just mentioned the core attributes of GEJ

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by autotrader014(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
boboLIL:
grin bros u harsh ooh..
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Burger01(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
smiley
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by CR77(f): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Make i laugh in dutch first grin grin grin grin

Ok back to the matter, I think Buhari Records should be MR. TOURISM

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by jamalsky: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Yes,Sai Baba,many more good things to come,wailers just open your eyes & watch.Congrats eaglets,you made us proud.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
I dont agree with him.

Want to get motivated and inspired on daily bases? Check my profile and signature.
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by kayo80(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hmm! Some people won't like this o!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by missKiffy(f): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
He may be right anyway

1 Like

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by asumo12: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by emmaliveth10(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
grin grin

This guy is a comedian

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by pjosh1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sharp guy! It's pays him to be on Buhari's friend list

Read and vote on other Nigerians Open letters, You can also share your http://viralletters.com
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by alopy(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
ON THE OGONI'S REMEMBRANCE DAY!
Final Statement From Ken'Saro Wiwa Before His Death.
My lord,
We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed
by their political marginalization and economic strangulation,
angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage,
anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every
ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted my intellectual and material resources, my very life, to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot
be blackmailed or intimidated. I have no doubt at all about the
ultimate success of my cause, no matter the trials and tribulations
which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.
I repeat that we all stand before history. I and my colleagues are not the only ones on trial. Shell is
here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel said to be holding a watching brief.
The Company has, indeed,
ducked this particular trial, but its day will surely come and the lessons learnt here may prove useful to it for there is no doubt in my mind that the ecological
war that the Company has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later and the crimes of that war be
duly punished. The crime of the Company's dirty wars against the Ogoni people will also be punished.
On trial also is the Nigerian nation, its present rulers and
those who assist them. Any nation which can do to the weak and disadvantaged what the
Nigerian nation has done to the Ogoni, loses a claim to independence and to freedom from outside influence. I am not
one of those who shy away from protesting injustice and oppression, arguing that they are
expected in a military regime.
The military do not act alone. They are supported by a gaggle of politicians, lawyers, judges,
academics and businessmen, all of them hiding under the claim
that they are only doing their duty, men and women too afraid
to wash their pants of urine.
We all stand on trial, my lord, for by our actions we have denigrated our Country and jeopardized the future of our
children. As we subscribe to the sub-normal and accept double standards, as we lie and cheat
openly, as we protect injustice and oppression, we empty our classrooms, denigrate our hospitals, fill our stomachs with
hunger and elect to make
ourselves the slaves of those who ascribe to higher standards,
pursue the truth, and honour justice, freedom, and hard work.
I predict that the scene here will be played and replayed by generations yet unborn. Some
have already cast themselves in the role of villains, some are tragic victims, some still have a
chance to redeem themselves.
The choice is for each individual. I predict that the denoument of the riddle of the Niger delta will soon come. The agenda is being set at this trial. Whether the peaceful ways I have favoured will prevail depends on what the
oppressor decides, what signals it sends out to the waiting public.
In my innocence of the false charges I face Here, in my utter conviction, I call upon the Ogoni people, the peoples of the Niger delta, and the oppressed ethnic
minorities of Nigeria to stand up now and fight fearlessly and peacefully for their rights. History
is on their side. God is on their side. For the Holy Quran says in Sura 42, verse 41: "All those that
fight when oppressed incur no guilt, but Allah shall punish the oppressor." Come the day.
Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
what has he done
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by autotrader014(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
NupeZalla:
All d posters above me are haters
Abeg receive sense...
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by anonimi: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by yomalex(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President by braine(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onye Lauritta Wins Gold Medal In Shot Put At Rio 2016 Paralympics / Lionel Messi's Family Brand Maradona 'ignorant' For Discrediting Barcelona Star / Asisat Oshoala's Goal Voted UEFA Champions League Goal Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.