Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed (21644 Views)

How To Avoid Frustration When You Are Inspired Into Action / Help A Welder Pls!!!!b4 Frustration Kills Him / Help Me As Frustration Is Really Taking Its Toll On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by LordOfTheWeed: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2015
Frustration: a knotty situation but a reality to be experienced. We are in a society where we are being driven by a neurotic speed and force accelerated by greed and frustration of deviating from the image which we initially created for ourselves because at times, the image has no reflection of us in reality - Yoko Ono.. .. ..

Frustration, at times painful but always yields a very positive and essential part of our success, but that still doesn't change the fact that an atom of the reactant (frustration) won't be present in the outcome.. .. ..

No matter how satisfied one is on earth, he must surely cross the path of frustration coz it has been necessitated by the Creator that all living creatures must undergo series of frustrations right from their beginning till they eventually die. A classic example can be seen in the life of young children, they strive so hard to take their first step just to become mobile, and after that, they also strive for years before they master a language that would allow them to express themselves clearly and freely, but before that happens, all they do is cry and depend on a loving parent who would be able to interpret their frustrations which might be hunger, pain or any sort of uncomfortable feeling in a way that would relieve them.. .. ..

Even at adult stage, frustration is still inevitable, i can boldly say that 85% of the individuals of this nation are currently in position where frustrations led them to, and not a place where they initially wished to be. Our society is a typical example to that; a student who had completed his SSCE was about to further his education in the higher institution, he initially wished to study mechanical engineering but after the whole UTME and POST UTME, he was unfortunate to be given metallurgical engineering, then he was left in a dilemma where he was to choose between accepting the course that was given to him or decline it and may never have that kind of opportunity again. The whole scenario and frustrations derailed his life and he later ended up being a police officer. A writer once said that; "The same frustration which leads a thief into stealing is the same frustration that leads a policeman into a police job. That's why you should always at least try to be nice to them whenever they ask for weekdays/weekends pocket money coz a thief is entitled to a gun likewise a policeman, but the policeman chose to set positive possibilities with his own frustration and the pocket money he is always asking for is the atom of frustration in his success as aforesaid in the 3rd paragraph.. .. ..

Unfortunately, the whole challenges isn't our fault, but our brain and central nervous system requires much frustration and constant pressure to develop, grow and maintain dexterity. A good question to ask ourselves is:

HOW DO WE DEAL WITH OUR FRUSTRATIONS?

Do we see it as a challenge to greater places? Do we see it as an opportunity to blame someone else? Do we just sit and cry and wait for someone to help us deal with it? These are the questions that should always pop up whenever we find ourselves in frustrating moments.. .. ..

It's high time we learnt how to differentiate between our failure and frustration, failure is not the problem, but frustration certainly is. A failure that follows frustration will close the door of our mind but if we are able to ignore the failure and seek another opportunity, our situations won't be that of total failure. All we have to do is redirect the substantial energy of our frustration into something productive and turn it into positive, effective, and unstoppable determination that would help us set positive possibilities.. .. ..

Originally written by LordOfTheWeed

cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique, Kingtom
Courtesy: Awon werey 100% cool

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by KingTom(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2015
Brilliant and well written article. I was frustrated when I couldn't study engineering I was rejected. I got Medicine instead, I did exactly what you wrote, I channeled my frustration into something productive and positive, but I for like dey love-vendor my car engine o grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by LordOfTheWeed: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2015
KingTom:
Brilliant and well written article. I was frustrated when I couldn't study engineering I was rejected. I got Medicine instead, I did exactly what you wrote, I channeled my frustration into something productive and positive, but I for like dey love-vendor my car engine o grin
I know you'll always have story to tell grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by LordOfTheWeed: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2015
STFUareyouGod, Naijaboiy, Ipledge10, Adeh39, Twaci, Kinglekan, Kwencypresh, Iamkingzlee.. .. .. Oya make una drop charity comments.. .. ..

3 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 10, 2015

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by darkskingoddess(f): 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
undecided what does this even mean?

Anyways, when I was in secondary school, I've always wanted to study engineering, but my parents insisted on medicine which I was forced to accept. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered medicine in the uni but zoology which I was persuaded by my parent to accept with the with the plan of going for medicine in future.
Well, I became frustrated and maybe lost focus. I ended up falling out of love with the course

Although I ended studying the zoology but dumped it immediately after graduation and went for a completely different field which has finally brought me joy

And what would that field be? Out of curiosity..
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
darkskingoddess:

And what would that field be? Out of curiosity..
Lol. It's an MBA programme/course. Not sciences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Joygalore(f): 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
Wow!!! This is fantastic and FP worthy.
Everyone has been fustrated in one way or the other but what matters most is how you brace yourself up and know its part of your success story.
I was fustrated at one point of time in my life because I wanted to study medicine by all means.I have had my share of tears.Straight to the point,I never gave up anyway and today I am doing my internship.
Never would have made it if it wasn't for His grace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
KingTom:

Hmmm now my doubts have been cleared... I see why you sound so much like a mechanic

1 Like

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Twaci(f): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ok why isn't this on FP? Lalasticlala it's not every time we want to read about how so and so revealed her cleavage and what not....every youth out there should be given a chance to read this amazing writeup.

Back to the topic.....

It's high time we learnt how to differentiate between our failure and frustration, failure is not the problem, but frustration certainly is. A failure that follows frustration will close the door of our mind but if we are able to ignore the failure and seek another opportunity, our situations won't be that of total failure. All we have to do is redirect the substantial energy of our frustration into something productive and turn it into positive, effective, and unstoppable determination that would help us set positive possibilities....

No better way to deal with a nagging frustration than this....i have been there...

7 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by RAKITIC: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nice write-up
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by LordOfTheWeed: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
Twaci:
Ok why isn't this on FP? Lalasticlala it's not every time we want to read about how so and so revealed her cleavage and what not....every youth out there should be given a chance to read this amazing writeup.

Back to the topic.....

It's high time we learnt how to differentiate between our failure and frustration, failure is not the problem, but frustration certainly is. A failure that follows frustration will close the door of our mind but if we are able to ignore the failure and seek another opportunity, our situations won't be that of total failure. All we have to do is redirect the substantial energy of our frustration into something productive and turn it into positive, effective, and unstoppable determination that would help us set positive possibilities....

No better way to deal with a nagging frustration than this....i have been there...
Mzz twa twa, thanks ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by lekjons(m): 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
MadCow1:
This thread is very Frustrating. angry
exactly!

reminds me of some things i don't like to remember..

2 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by TrollTrap: 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nicely put sir

I guess weed does open the mind more grin

2 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by MadCow1: 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
This thread is very Frustrating. angry

8 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by MrHighSea: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bookmarked.
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by costandi(m): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Frustration does not survive with ZOE

1 Like

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by bobcharly(m): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
I dey cum
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by tolexy007(m): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by tolexy007(m): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:
Frustration: a knotty situation but a reality to be experienced. We are in a society where we are being driven by a neurotic speed and force accelerated by greed and frustration of deviating from the image which we initially created for ourselves because at times, the image has no reflection of us in reality - Yoko Ono.. .. ..

Frustration, at times painful but always yields a very positive and essential part of our success, but that still doesn't change the fact that an atom of the reactant (frustration) won't be present in the outcome.. .. ..

No matter how satisfied one is on earth, he must surely cross the path of frustration coz it has been necessitated by the Creator that all living creatures must undergo series of frustrations right from their beginning till they eventually die. A classic example can be seen in the life of young children, they strive so hard to take their first step just to become mobile, and after that, they also strive for years before they master a language that would allow them to express themselves clearly and freely, but before that happens, all they do is cry and depend on a loving parent who would be able to interpret their frustrations which might be hunger, pain or any sort of uncomfortable feeling in a way that would relieve them.. .. ..

Even at adult stage, frustration is still inevitable, i can boldly say that 85% of the individuals of this nation are currently in position where frustrations led them to, and not a place where they initially wished to be. Our society is a typical example to that; a student who had completed his SSCE was about to further his education in the higher institution, he initially wished to study mechanical engineering but after the whole UTME and POST UTME, he was unfortunate to be given metallurgical engineering, then he was left in a dilemma where he was to choose between accepting the course that was given to him or decline it and may never have that kind of opportunity again. The whole scenario and frustrations derailed his life and he later ended up being a police officer. A writer once said that; "The same frustration which leads a thief into stealing is the same frustration that leads a policeman into a police job. That's why you should always at least try to be nice to them whenever they ask for weekdays/weekends pocket money coz a thief is entitled to a gun likewise a policeman, but the policeman chose to set positive possibilities with his own frustration and the pocket money he is always asking for is the atom of frustration in his success as aforesaid in the 3rd paragraph.. .. ..

Unfortunately, the whole challenges isn't our fault, but our brain and central nervous system requires much frustration and constant pressure to develop, grow and maintain dexterity. A good question to ask ourselves is:

HOW DO WE DEAL WITH OUR FRUSTRATIONS?

Do we see it as a challenge to greater places? Do we see it as an opportunity to blame someone else? Do we just sit and cry and wait for someone to help us deal with it? These are the questions that should always pop up whenever we find ourselves in frustrating moments.. .. ..

It's high time we learnt how to differentiate between our failure and frustration, failure is not the problem, but frustration certainly is. A failure that follows frustration will close the door of our mind but if we are able to ignore the failure and seek another opportunity, our situations won't be that of total failure. All we have to do is redirect the substantial energy of our frustration into something productive and turn it into positive, effective, and unstoppable determination that would help us set positive possibilities.. .. ..

Originally written by LordOfTheWeed

cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique, Kingtom
Courtesy: Awon werey 100% cool
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Warlord3000(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nice piece

From a weird moniker cheesy

One probably tagged to be high on.. (you know na wink )
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by kennyman2000(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nice one OP, dearpreye, your input is needed here. Always looking forward to read from that brilliant brain of yours. Come brighten a bro's day with your wise words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by PLANETMARS(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
My fellow weyrey I salute thee .....sometimes weed can speak sense proudly werey 100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Emmzalon: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
When will children become the
Leaders of tomorrow
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Moneyyy: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by MrPresident1: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Interesting
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Jimmyo3(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
A
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by armadeo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Frustration is worse than failure. Success only follows repeated failures and attempts. Ask any successful person.

It is important to accept failure as a springboard and not become frustrated because only frustration is worse than failure.

No matter how dark the night is the Sun MUST rise. It has no choice.

See you all at the top.

3 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
undecided

7 Likes

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by Ayoswit(f): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
k
Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by CaroLyner(f): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
simply knowing
your triggers(what causes the frustration) can often help
control when you’re
presented with one. For example, keep your
phone on silent when
you need to work
without disruption or get
up and take a break
from a difficult work or school assignment if
you can feel it building
toward an outbreak of
frustration. If you simply cannot
avoid the trigger, try
your best to realize that
triggers are themselves
thought patterns that
you can choose to allow or not despite how hard it is to change them.
Once triggered, take
time to think rather than
reacting impulsively. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed by 4nobody4every1: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Lunch Per Day? / How Much Do Models Earn? / Your MBBS Is Not BMLS, Doctors Steer Clear Of The Lab!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.