Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,160 members, 7,860,147 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

My Marriage Proposal! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Marriage Proposal! (522 Views)

Christmas Photoshoot Turns Into Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Lady Who Turned Down Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal On Her Birthday Writes / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage Proposal! by EOAOPE: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2015
MY MARRIAGE PROPOSAL!
(Oluwaolorunalagbaradamilare)
I was led by God earlier to the lady i'm to marry and after few years of heaven on earth courtship,
I was willing to pop the question. I was very confident that she would
accept my proposal. Our marriage would be heaven on earth and our
kids, God fearing. I could see both of us still in love after we've grown old and very stricken in age.
I found a way to measure her finger without letting her have the slightest idea of my intention and got her a beautiful diamond ring. I
devised a way to invite her over to my place alone. The only problem I had was "how to propose". Going
down on one knee and saying "will you marry me" sounded too simple so, i started looking for more
romantic words. I practised with the mirror a million times; trust me, marriage proposal is not as easy as
it seems.
On the d day, she entered my apartment clad in a white gown that reached down to her ankle. She smiled at me and i saw heaven open
just before she said Oluwaolorun
alagbaradamilare, how are you? She is the only who is never too lazy to call my name in full.
After talking about how the day had been for about thirty minutes, i took a deep breath, gazed into her lovely
set of eyes, went down on one knee,brought out the ring and started pouring out my words.
I said "My life has never and could never be the same after I met you. You've
made me more joyful, more stable and more inspired. I can't picture the rest of my life without you by my
side. Will you do me the honor of making me the first in your life?
Until that last statement, her face was radiant with joy. I might not be good with words but i'm a close
observer.
Her response confirmed my
suspicion. She said "i'm sorry, but that position has been taken"
Taken? I felt like i was going to have a cardiac arrest. Did i hear her right? I felt the walls closing up on
me. I managed to ask for what she meant. "Is there someone else?" I
asked. She answered in the
affirmative. I echoed,
Yeh! E gba mi o! My
vision became blurry. Who is he? I asked but before she could answer,
my rival entered. She pointed at him
and said "that's him"
In my apartment? How dare him?
Hasn't he ever heard of "how dare you dare Dare?"
Through my tears filled eyes, I stared at him. In all fairness, i've never seen someone so handsome
and strong. In beauty, he has an A+++ while i have an E. In strength, another A+++ for him while mine
shows an F.
Love is worth fighting for as the saying goes so, i knew i had to fight for mine but how do i compete with
such a beauty or fight someone that strong? I decided to make him see
reasons why i'm supposed to be the first in her life and the following conversation ensued between us:
I: I know everyone wants a good thing bro but she is mine to love and cherish. You probably love her
beauty. She is the will of God for my life. God led me to her. Even before we met, i did pray for her. Don't
disrupt God's will.
HE: i reached into the depth of her heart, know everything there but
still love her same. I prayed for her before she came into existence and I've never ceased.
I: Are you a surgeon? Let go of her my friend. I've known her for five years. She is my world. I know all her friends and family members. We
never talked about you. I can't live without her nor she without me.
HE: I knew her before she was formed in her mother's womb. I know the number of hairs on her head. I was there when she was
being knitted. My fingers moulded her. I gave her breath. Without me,
she won't have a life.
(What? Why lying nah? Those stuffs
are impossible. This guy has been
reading too much of poem)
I: Great poet, i and she are meant for each other. When she broke my heart and apologised later, i took
her back not because i wasn't hurt but i can't live without her. She did
same for me.
HE: She was too ashamed to ask for forgiveness the last time she shattered my heart. I had to look for her as always and wash away her
shame in my blood. I've never broken her heart!
I: Mr perfect, i've suffered a lot because of her. There was a time she was sick and got admitted in the hospital. I had to keep watch over
her. I didn't sleep for three daysand nights.
HE: I sleep nor slumber not because of her. It was by my stripes she was made whole.
I: Are you kerosene? I shared everything i had with her. When she needed blood, i gave her 3 pints.
Where were you then? The only thing left for me to share with her is my surname. She's mine!
HE: I died a shameful death so that she might live. She was adopted into my family through me.
I: Died? Iku bi ti bawo? I have nothing more to say. Why did you go to such an extent for her?
HE: I love her. It wasn't the nails that kept me on the cross; It was LOVE.
I: I've never seen nor heard of such a love on earth before. If that's the
definition of love then, i've been doing something else.
What is your name? Are you related to Romeo or Jack?
HE: Take a closer look at me. See the points where nails were driven into my hands. I am he who was, who is and is to come.
I: Whao! Arewa to ju arewa lo! Jesus!
My grief denied me a close
observation. Didn't my heart burn within me while you talked to me?
I'm sorry; you deserve her. You can have her!
HE: I brought you together. She's yours to marry here on earth but know that the First Position in her
life is mine. If i were you, i would
simply say "will you marry me?"
With that advice, he left the room.
I walked up to my lady, knelt down on one knee and said "will you
marry me?" to which she answered
YES! YES!! YES!!!
That was when i heard a familiar
song: I'm in love with Jesus! And
he's in love with me. After about
fifteen seconds, the song stopped
and started from the beginning only for it to stop again after fifteen
seconds. It wasn't until the fifth
repetition that i woke up.
I had been dreaming and missed six calls from my special ringtone.
The first in your life?
Many relationships and marriages hit the rocks today simply because The Almighty isn't allowed the first position in their union. It's not enough to just let him in your ship, he has to be the Captain, the Pilot, the Driver, only then are you guaranteed of a safe journey.
Let him take the rightful place in your heart first.
Broken things can become Blessed things when we allow God do the mending.
Re: My Marriage Proposal! by chocolateme(f): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2015
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! You are sooo good op!
Re: My Marriage Proposal! by Favparis(f): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats
Re: My Marriage Proposal! by obiorathesubtle: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2015
*round of applause*
Re: My Marriage Proposal! by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2015
Lol....I juz hope that Jesus didn't talk to u in pidgin.. tongue grin
Re: My Marriage Proposal! by misspicy(f): 11:49am On Nov 10, 2015
nice
Re: My Marriage Proposal! by missvera(f): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
sad

(1) (Reply)

Does This Make Me Her A nosy person? / Ladies, You Can Now Get Your Pictures Posted For Millions Of People To Rate Free / Please How Do I Get It Clear To Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.