Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. (55247 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? / A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Lincoln275(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
iranu
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Rilwayne001: 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Take heart brother.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Idrismusty97(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Truth is that no one goes to the polytechnic willingly.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by ibkgab001: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Better
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Iyanusele(m): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
K
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by snipesdam(m): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=18pt]The More Things Seem To Change The More It Remains The SAME[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Philadelphia: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nothing can ever be done to equate these 2 degree and certificate since one is technical and the other is cognitive.
In US and other countries, they have technical schools where they issue technical certificates.

My question to you all here is simple "was any one of you who have a HND forced to go for it"?
Since Nigeria didn't force you, then stop ranting. Better still, why not go for a Masters degree?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by witorwitoutyou(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
4 d. HND holders,In d scriptures(both in Quran and bible),it was specified dt degrees/class does translate to sucess.it doesn't

Like I av always said,All we need to do is to make effort and leave d crowning of our effort wc is eida success or odawise to God.we tend to bother ourself with God's work and leave our own duty to God wc is prayer and patience.Do ur best and leave d rest for his affairs

What will b will b

6 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by serah109: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
But is true nah

Any way take heart and stop wailing

Bsc or HND na dis world e go end. Wen we reach heaven we go no

3 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Pascal181: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Eyaa, that's bad nau but friend how can I apply please.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Ipheyemmy01(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
That is why some parents or guardian will never allow their ward or children go to polythecnic. If they will go it must be as a stepping stone to the university. Obasanjo tried is best on this issue but you know, Nigerians and Nigeria be somehow.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by donhils: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Obviously you haven't moved on, else you wouldn't be complaining.

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by DCTrendy(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
someone should plz post the application link.

Thanks
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by babyfaceafrica: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
instaforexngr:

If shell does not offer you a job opportunity because of your qualification, then apply at other top companies.
Because last time I checked, not all HND holders are unemployed.
get you get sense......a friend of mine is working with shlumberger and she has an HND...its bad ,but not all top companies...@op...no be only shell dey naw
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Idrismusty97(m): 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
serah109:

Bsc or HND na dis world e go end. Wen we reach heaven we go no
Lol see painment cheesy.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by dipopooo(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hysmady:
Too bad embarassed ...Am not doing HND anymore, Will go for D.E...These people no longer respect polytechnic graduates

Gud of u! Took d same step years ago
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by baba11(m): 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hysmady:
Too bad embarassed ...Am not doing HND anymore, Will go for D.E...These people no longer respect polytechnic graduates
SMH cheesy
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by MadCow1: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
Wetin this OP been dey expect?

So Polytechnic Graduates wan dey rub shoulder with BSc. Holders.. angry
We BSc guys don suffer.

I no blame them, na UNIBEN wey dey train dullards cause this nonsense. angry

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by kevoh(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
HND guys, you better apply for the Shell program and complain later.

That Shell even decided to put it among the options of qualifications means that they will be some level of consideration.(There are a lot of ND and HND graduates working with these Oil&Gas corporations)

Ask yourself this question, how often do you even see adverts for HNDs, all you get is B.Sc 2:1. You have one now and you are complaining

4 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Louislewis: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=16pt]With all these discrepancies, the nation will continue to go down technologically. Every other academic system, except the university, will soon become irrelevant in the society. You will observe now that, there is nothing like Technical Colleges now, Teachers Training Colleges, even though there are existing. Nobody cares taking his wards there. Polytechnics are gradually fading away because of these discrepancies. Our government is killing the academic system especially those in authority that attended the university. [/size]

6 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by walemadu: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
even for your english u deserve to not be employed. be greatful and anticipate the best
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by kaboninc(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
baminasri:
Right now, I find it very hard to call myself a Nigerian. What is the point of pledging loyalty to a country that cares not for the HND graduates?

As an HND holder, I graduated with distinction (Top of my class)from the top polytechnic in Nigeria. With high hopes, I applied for the ongoing shell graduate recruitment. The recruitment process involves an online registration and series of online aptitude tests prior to oral interview. What broke my heart during the registration was when I saw the column fo where to indicate your class of degree. First option was first class. Second was second class upper. Third was second class lower and the fourth was third class/HND.
This means that irrespective of your grade in the polytechnic, shell sees you as a third class graduate.
Well, I have moved on. Better things ahead. My advice to HND holders is to embrace entrepreneurship. That way, we can gain respect in the society. And for the country called Nigeria that have refused to stop this BSc/HND dichtonomy, what out for HND holders who will shape the economy soon!!!

Bro, why don't you write them.

Send them a mail about this disparity. I am sure they will look into it. Shell is a very responsible corporate citizen.

If they really want HND graduates, they should indicate it and it must stand alone along with the varying levels.

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Ephemmm: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
Adesiji77:
HND holders haff suffered... sad

See grammatical construction coming from HND in Bsc Doctorate degree holder tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by oismail(m): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
Just as if we HND graduates did not serve along side the BSC graduates. You just have to pity those who felt BSC is superior, i cant imagine their state of mind when they were making those statements
Enterprenuership is keep at this junture. I'm happy doing biz RN after Distinction can't find me job.
Capital is always a problem but start with the little u can gather. Money, nowadays, na stream na small small e dey come!
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
If you don't have Problem in accepting America is better than Nigeria then what is difficult in admitting BSc/BA/LLB/BEng/MBBS/DVM etc is not and will never be equal to Diploma of any Grade. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You spend 2 years get a Diploma then go and spend some 2 years again get another Diploma then get Mad at some dude who spend 4 or 5 or 6 years at a stretch 9-10 months in each year because you are not treated equally? common be realistic Man. ND OR HND is still diploma and will remain so. if you have 2 diplomas or 3 or 4 diplomas you are as good as a 200L student.

No offence though I sympathise with you on the Fair discrimination by Shell. embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by tyboy(m): 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
I have never regreted a day being an HND graduate. Certificate dont determine sucess in life only God can.

7 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by baba11(m): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
Had it been that i was not advise against obtaining hnd when i was already in ND 1 second semester, I would definitely have been in his shoes.

I give thanks to God oooooooooo cool

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Canberra55: 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
Animal pikin.
dipopooo:
The issue of Bsc & HND is settled. For gudness sake Bsc is d baba. E easy to go university? Ogbeni, stop complaining go obtain DE form.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Vick4rill(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
Please can a graduate of sociology apply for this job
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by harry509: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
baminasri:
Right now, I find it very hard to call myself a Nigerian. What is the point of pledging loyalty to a country that cares not for the HND graduates?

As an HND holder, I graduated with distinction (Top of my class)from the top polytechnic in Nigeria. With high hopes, I applied for the ongoing shell graduate recruitment. The recruitment process involves an online registration and series of online aptitude tests prior to oral interview. What broke my heart during the registration was when I saw the column fo where to indicate your class of degree. First option was first class. Second was second class upper. Third was second class lower and the fourth was third class/HND.
This means that irrespective of your grade in the polytechnic, shell sees you as a third class graduate.
Well, I have moved on. Better things ahead. My advice to HND holders is to embrace entrepreneurship. That way, we can gain respect in the society. And for the country called Nigeria that have refused to stop this BSc/HND dichtonomy, what out for HND holders who will shape the economy soon!!!
well dats nigeria 4 u. Dis trash has being happening n sum few organisation. Look @ it on d oda angle, I tink HND holda's Rr more smarta dan Bsc. Jst dat nigeria belive on paper work, they don't blive on practical's dats y d country still on 1 leg 4ward, 35 leg backward. Worbish!!
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by olaxy2(m): 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
Op I can feel ur pain though.. had OND nd a Bsc so I knw how u feel but truth be told a degree programme is beta nd higher than the deplomas cos it's easier to av Gud grade in polytechnic than the university because each half of the programme av jus 4 seperate semesters starting from the maximum point. My candid advise is that u further trough DE.. DLI unilag might just be enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by januzaj(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
walemadu:
even for your english u deserve to not be employed. be greatful and anticipate the best
Mr bsc...it is grateful not greatful ....your english sef na die.....

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React / Sales Executive At Guinness / Uninvited Lady Shows Up For Dana Airline Interview And Gets Job. See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.