Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? (734 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by ammamat(f): 1:12pm On May 15, 2009
A friend of mind meat a guy and for the few period they have been together she said character wise, the guy is okay.
But the challenge here is the guy habit of drinking and somking,

They both love themselves but my friend is not comfortable with the habit, and she has been complaning to me which i spoke with the guy and he said he will change.

My question now is that, is it possible for someone to change a person who dose not know Christ and who dose not at all speak good about Men of God.
Please advice is needed, coz my friend is sick at the moment as she can't let him go and she is not okay with this habit.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by JJYOU: 1:20pm On May 15, 2009
ammamat:

A friend of mind meat a guy and for the few period they have been together she said character wise, the guy is okay.
But the challenge here is the guy habit of drinking and somking,

They both love themselves but my friend is not comfortable with the habit, and she has been complaning to me which i spoke with the guy and he said he will change.

My question now is that, is it possible for someone to change a person who dose not know Christ and who dose not at all speak good about Men of God.
Please advice is needed, coz my friend is sick at the moment as she can't let him go and she is not okay with this habit.
if he is willing he can change. anyone can change for the rightreason and person. if she is worth it you bet he will.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by ammamat(f): 1:26pm On May 15, 2009
yeah @ JJyou, though is not easy, remember is an habit, each time he smoke or drink and my frined talks,he will go otu smoking again to clam down his anger.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by untainted: 1:37pm On May 15, 2009
ammamat:

yeah @ JJyou, though is not easy, remember is an habit, each time he smoke or drink and my frined talks,he will go otu smoking again to clam down his anger.
the description of ur friend shows a religious person.
methinks prayer n fasting (tinged with loads of patience) will
do the trick.
but honestly, u can't change one who doesn't wanna change
unless U r the ONE as pointed by jju
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by ammamat(f): 1:43pm On May 15, 2009
@untainted
prayers can't even change when the person is not willing to change yeah,
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by sistajay(f): 2:13pm On May 15, 2009
What you see is what you get. Love your partner as they are, not what you want them to be.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by untainted: 2:18pm On May 15, 2009
sorri, had to dash out for something.
ammamat:

prayers can't even change when the person is not willing to change yeah,
yeah, that is why u don't take changing people for granted
at times, u even consider relaxing the rules and blending if the person is worth it
i am not saying u should lose ur personality though
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by ammamat(f): 2:22pm On May 15, 2009
Lol @ sista_jay, u mean even if his , em, u know now
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by untainted: 2:32pm On May 15, 2009
ammamat:

please come out clean cus we don't know what
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by sistajay(f): 2:33pm On May 15, 2009
ammamat:

Abeg tell me o, wetin you mean, you no say, I dey slow for here!!!  grin
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by REALTRUTH1: 2:34pm On May 15, 2009
yep I changed my wife with God's help though,,,and we now look like the most perfect thing ever!!
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by untainted: 2:47pm On May 15, 2009
could u tell poster how u did it?
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by switosman(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2009
Let the truth be told here.
its easier to change the woman than the woman to change the man.
the man got ego problems to deal with ist. in most case they stay clear from the matter but in secret enjoy their fill just to maintain the peace.
but the woman will change when she weighs her potential lose to the issue at stake.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by untainted: 3:19pm On May 15, 2009
switosman:

Let the truth be told here.
its easier to change the woman than the woman to change the man.
the man got ego problems to deal with ist. in most case they stay clear from the matter but in secret enjoy their fill just to maintain the peace.
but the woman will change when she weighs her potential lose to the issue at stake.
it all depends on what u wanna change
how do u make a nagging woman stop?
how do u make a lazy wife productive in the family?
how do u make ur gossip of a wife leave other people's business?
how do u make a quarrelsome wife live at peace with ur neighbours?
how do u make a cheating wife faithful?
how do u make a wife with a sharp tongue careful with words?
and lastly but most importantly, how do u make ur wife see things the way you want her to?
i think that just as it takes patience for a man to handle all these, a woman too needs patience to succeed in changing her man
No one is less easy
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by amebono13: 3:24pm On May 15, 2009
ammamat:

Lol @ sista_jay, u mean even if his ,  em,  u know now

HIV POSITIVE?
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by keisha08(f): 3:29pm On May 15, 2009
From my experiences no you can't make another person change. You only have power to change yourself. I was in a marriage for 10 years with an alcoholic and time & again he said he would change but never did, I finally realized he will continue to drink as long as he wants to. Now I find myself in a relationship with someone who I have come to realize lives a life of party. Most weekends he is out until 4 to 5 in the morning, I have spoken with him about it, and ask that he start being home at least 2-2:30, he refuses saying there is nothing wrong with what he is doing, I am reevaluating this relationship as our beliefs are too different. I think you have to either accept someone for how they live, or you have to realize that you are not compatiable and let that person go to be free to live as they please.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by sexyLeamon(f): 10:09am On May 16, 2009
ammamat:

my dear no one is bad, what we do is bad if he really loves your friend, then am quite positive he may
change.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by JJYOU: 10:14am On May 16, 2009
keisha08:

From my experiences no you can't make another person change. You only have power to change yourself. I was in a marriage for 10 years with an alcoholic and time & again he said he would change but never did, I finally realized he will continue to drink as long as he wants to. Now I find myself in a relationship with someone who I have come to realize lives a life of party. Most weekends he is out until 4 to 5 in the morning, I have spoken with him about it, and ask that he start being home at least 2-2:30, he refuses saying there is nothing wrong with what he is doing, I am reevaluating this relationship as our beliefs are too different. I think you have to either accept someone for how they live, or you have to realize that you are not compatiable and let that person go to be free to live as they please.
the girl in question is a Christian.  i am wondering how people allow people whose lifestyles/characters are miles  from theirs into their lives in the first place.

@keisha,
he refuses saying there is nothing wrong with what he is doing, I am reevaluating this relationship as our beliefs are too different
tell him i say there is something and everything wrong.  if you already have kids is the kind of lifestyle you want them to copy? while at it check why you attract this type of men.  you are not a bad person  but you must ask yourself why you attract or get drawn to them.  it is your life  you must choose who you allow into it.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by oluwafemi113(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2009
Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too?
yes is very possible now
Go to God in prayer.
and you we get him change to what you want him to be
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by bblacky(f): 12:28pm On May 16, 2009
very possible, it takes time n patience to do so all in God
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by iice(f): 8:45pm On May 16, 2009
If i want to be with him, i wouldn't want to change him.
People only change if they really want to, you can influence them, but if it's not from within. . .it's a facade, one that can crack at any moment.
Re: Ladies Can You Change Your Guy To How U Want Him To Be And Guys Can U Too? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 17, 2009
If you can make him see the wrong in what he is doing then you might succeed. But don't get religious on him. But come to think of it did he start drinking after you started dating or before. And if its before did you know about it? The truth is if you knew he was like this before you started going out with him then you should not really be complaining. Its far easier to change before than after. I've always said that what you did not change before accepting don't try to make a fuss about when you start going out.

(1) (Reply)

Guys: Advise For Some Of You. / My Girl Friend Is In Mess (am Confused) Please Advise / She Luv Me But She Can't Let Her X-boy Friend Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.