Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit (5530 Views)

Oh Africans. / Nigerian Man Yet To Be Located After Being Granted UK Residence Permit. Photo / South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
I created this page because I couldnt see any thread dedicated to Norway.
However it is strictly for those who is hunting for visit/work visa and not study visa. I know we have gurus in the house, please share your idea on how to secure a visa easily and subsequently getting a residence permit.

1 Like

Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by SFSNIPER(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
Following
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
I really want to apply for Norway tourist visa.... I have seen all the needed documents but i would have loved to see someone who recently secured d visa to know all documents he attached. Norway seem to be a nice place to be. If not for anytin, dey are free of tribalism. If u are also fortunate to secure a job within ur visa validity period, dey grant u a pass with authorize u to stay/work pending wen ur residence/work permit is ready.
Does it mean no one has recently secured Norway visa?
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by pansophist(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
jpride:
I really want to apply for Norway tourist visa.... I have seen all the needed documents but i would have loved to see someone who recently secured d visa to know all documents he attached. Norway seem to be a nice place to be. If not for anytin, dey are free of tribalism. If u are also fortunate to secure a job within ur visa validity period, dey grant u a pass with authorize u to stay/work pending wen ur residence/work permit is ready.

But not free from racism, xenophobia, intolerance, condescending views towards immigrants etc.

On a serious note, you wont be able to get a job with a tourist visa. A tourist visa is not a residence permit. With a residence permit, you can get tax number, you can open a bank account and access most government service like the locals, you cant do all this with a tourist visa. To the best of my knowledge, you cant convert a tourist visa to a residence permit too, unless in an exceptional circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thank u bro.....but I read on their website that if you are in Norway and happen to secure a job, the police will grant u a PASS. That document authorizes u to assume duty pending wen ur work permit is ready. I think it is possible to change ur visa status. The major problem could be securing a job
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by pansophist(m): 2:09am On Nov 14, 2015
jpride:
Thank u bro.....but I read on their website that if you are in Norway and happen to secure a job, the police will grant u a PASS. That document authorizes u to assume duty pending wen ur work permit is ready. I think it is possible to change ur visa status. The major problem could be securing a job

Can you paste the link here?
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by kkokoma: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2015
I got a visa to Norway recently, although I did not use it because of work engagement. Norway is a strictly orderly place so it would be difficult to work with a tourist visa.

I have lived there before, schooling on a Norwegian government scholarship with a residence permit. Strictly law and order place
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by pansophist(m): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
jpride:
http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/early-employment-start/

You know this is a hectic process and is most likely not achievable right? And this is an exception, it would be granted only if you have submitted an application for a work permit.
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
@Kkokoma

I dont really mean working with tourist visa. Even Naija won't accept dat. I mean securing a job and then changing your visa status.
Which of them are you saying is very difficult? Is it to secure a job or to change d visa status? I think u shud definitely have a better idea. Please explain further.

@Pansophist
You are right....... D process cud likely be very strenous. I know quite well that getting job outside Norway is hard if not impossible. So does it mean Nigerians are not working in Norway?
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by pansophist(m): 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
jpride

There are Nigerians working professionally in Norway, but probably their residence status is not base on work. Some studied in Norway and got a job afterwards, some have partners residing in Norway etc
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Alright bro. Thank u........
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by Sunny4Gold: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
jpride:
No country is free of tribal issues even in America. If you have lived or visited USA before you will understand me. Apart from white against black. The real black Americans are also against us. They believe we are there to take there jobs and women.
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by jpride(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
@SUNNY4GOLD
You are right........ How I wish this new administration impose strict immigration rules on future migrants to regulate the inflow of foreigners into Nigeria. For making everytin hard for us, they shouldnt go free
Re: Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit by Damthrills: 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
who go suffer?

(1) (Reply)

Lady Soaked By Rain While Traveling In A Leaking Plane From Abuja To Lagos / Night Life In Bonny Island / What Do You Think Of South Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.