Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) (1496 Views)

We Are Not Against Peaceful Pro-biafra Protests In Yoruba Land - OPC / Gov. Wike BANS Pro-Biafra Protests In Rivers State - Premium Times / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5ulsD8D6A

The Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, on Tuesday banned protests by “some unauthorised group” calling for the release of the director of a pirate radio station, Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

In a state broadcast, Mr. Wike banned all forms of street protests, demonstrations, rallies or unlawful gatherings associated with the agitations for the secession of any group from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“For the second time within a month individuals and groups purporting to represent the indigenous people of Biafra have held unauthorized protests on the streets in Port Harcourt.

“Majority of these individuals have come from neighbouring states and in the course of these protests, disrupted social and economic activities, damaged properties, assaulted and inflicted injuries on other citizens going about their lawful endeavours.

“While individuals and groups are free to exercise their freedom of expression, they must do so peacefully and strictly within the bounds of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“No individual or group has the right, whatsoever, to disturb public peace and order, threaten the safety of the public and create fear and an atmosphere of insecurity in the state or any part thereof.

“The right of any group of persons to agitate for their perceived rights cannot be allowed to infringe on the rights of other Nigerians, especially the people of Rivers State to remain an integral component of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

[b]“Our government was elected on a mandate, and has sworn to an oath, to defend the sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Therefore, the Rivers State Government will not fold its arms and allow members of the indigenous people of Biafra or any other group to turn the State or any part thereof into a hotbed of unlawful protests against the unity and peaceful co-existence of the various peoples and ethnic groups within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“Consequently, after due consultations with the members of the State Security Council, and in exercise of my constitutional responsibility to preserve the safety, security and corporate integrity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is hereby ordered that all forms of street protests, demonstrations, rallies or unlawful gatherings associated with the agitations for the secession of any group from the Federal Republic of Nigeria are banned in Rivers State.

“Any person or group who violates this ban or acts in any manner prejudicial to the interest of peace and security would be arrested and prosecuted.
[/b]
“While we commend the security agencies for their maturity in handling the situation foisted on us, I call on the people and residents of Rivers State to be more vigilant and report any further activities that threaten public peace, order, safety and security to any of the law enforcement agencies for immediate action.

“Finally, let no one be in doubt of the resolve of the Rivers State Government and the security agencies to maintain law and order at all cost within the State and preserve the unity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“Thank you. God bless Rivers State and the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the governor said in the broadcast.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192971-gov-wike-bans-biafra-protests-in-rivers.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 11, 2015
These people called the biafrans that are protesting and disturbing the peace of NIGERIA, sometimes i wonder if they dont reason or they have all been brainwashed, why would anyone call for the seperation of NIGERIANS, common sense will know that NIGERIA is strong as one, we are been feared by other african countries, we are the giants of Africa and nobody can stop us, we are united in music, movies, sports and otherwise, all the protesters and their leader should be arrested and charge to court for disturbing the peace of the nation, BUHARI is our president, Abuja is our capital and that is final, i am a NIGER deltan and what we want is one NIGERIA, i hope all the gorvernors in the east can ban all this peace breakers, IN ONE NIGERIA I BELIEVE, GOD BLESS BUHARI, GOD BLESS JONATHAN AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2015
I think this is a welcomed development.

2014: GEJ till 2019
2015: Biafra or we die

Bunch of sore losers

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Cutehector(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2015
cheesy

Can a river prevent an ocean frm entering into its banks?

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by adioolayi(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2015
This is a welcome development... Government shouldn't sit back as if nothing is happening... the protest is getting out of hand..nothing peaceful again about it..on that note. it should be banned!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 6:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Cutehector:
cheesy

Can a river prevent an ocean frm entering into its banks?

All I see about the useless Biafra protest is murky water not a tiny drop of ocean water

1 Like

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Mologi(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
is he still in office....well biafran should help themselves. .
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Aufbauh(m): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Wike why? But Nnamdi Kanu needs 'Igwuocha' seriously fa.

In another news, Nigerian army politician has decimated the activities of IPOB boys and recovered 'Igwuocha' to the Nigerian state.

Wike for president 2023!
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by slyng(m): 6:34am On Nov 11, 2015
No b dem fault na. Na baba dey dull us. Una fit try am for obj regime

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 7:41am On Nov 11, 2015
slyng:
No b dem fault na. Na baba dey dull us. Una fit try am for obj regime

Ebora owu himself

Tonyebarcanista
egift
Demdem

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Tomjazzy2: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Highly commendable move Sir Wike.

Whilst I recognize the right to freedom of expression by any group as guaranteed in the constitution, the rationale behind that provision becomes defeated when such expression distorts the peaceful coexistence of the general public. Apparently, the protests thus far by my biafran friends have been distorting the peace of Rivers State.

True federalism, not secession, is the most realistic way forward my biafran friends smiley

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2015
sammyj:
Wike trying to align with PMB. Anyways it's welcome and he should further put out measures to work the talk!!! angry

Some of you don't understand that politics shouldn't come in in matters like this. I am fully in alignment with Barr Nyesom Wike. I believe that Biafran agitators will be most heard if they occupy their five states capitals and Abuja. But the agitators are instead moving from states to states to constitute nuisance to a section of Portharcourt.

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
Highly commendable move Sir Wike.

Whilst I recognize the right to freedom of expression by any group as guaranteed in the constitution, the rationale behind that provision becomes defeated when such expression distorts the peaceful coexistence of the general public. Apparently, the protests thus far by my biafran friends have been distorting the peace of Rivers State.

True federalism, not secession, is the most realistic way forward my biafran friends smiley

God Bless you my brother

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by sammyj: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2015
Wike trying to align with PMB. Anyways it's welcome and he should further put out measures to work the talk!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2015
This is the first thing this thug Governor has ever gotten right since he became governor. Kudos to him.
Truckpusher Drugpusher, Tomakint Tomafool, see oo, i don commend ur god. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Demdem:
This is the first thing this thug Governor has ever gotten right since he became governor. Kudos to him.
Truckpusher Drugpusher, Tomakint Tomafool, see oo, i don commend ur god. grin grin grin

grin
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by osazeeblue01: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Let Biafrans go in peace.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2015
osazeeblue01:
Let Biafrans go in peace.

Na who dey hold dem?... call your biafra brothers back home from SW and other regions. It's that simple

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2015
WIKE has Finally lost the Governorship seat
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2015
Demdem:

He has finally lost the seat..... now we have to face Dakuku, the man from Igboland OPOBO that have called himself IGBO man
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 11, 2015
Yorubas will read this and feel happy...lol. Wike deceiving you people...he will go behind camera and tell them to protest peacefully. WIKE KNOWS THAT HE CANNOT REMAIN IN OFFICE NOR WIN AN ELECTION WITHOUT BIAFRANS...THEY ARE HIS LIFE BREATH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Demdem(m): 8:29am On Nov 11, 2015
kaycid77:

He has finally lost the seat..... now we have to face Dakuku, the man from Igboland OPOBO that have called himself IGBO man

He did what was right by his pronouncement. His leaving that seat has nothing to do with some ibotically induced eediocy but the rule of law. Dakuku is also competent. Infact Jonah-daft called himself so also. U goons are so easy to fool. grin

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by OtunbaJega: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Demdem:

He did what was right by his pronouncement. His leaving that seat has nothing to do with some ibotically induced eediocy but the rule of law. Dakuku is also competent. Infact Jonah-daft called himself so also. U goons are so easy to fool. grin

Foolishness na dem trait

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by RichDad1(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2015
Kill them all. Worthless peasants. angry

1 Like

Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by sandraokosun1: 9:34am On Nov 11, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Some of you don't understand that politics shouldn't come in in matters like this. I am fully in alignment with Barr Nyesom Wike. I believe that Biafran agitators will be most heard if they occupy their five states capitals and Abuja. But the agitators are instead moving from states to states to constitute nuisance to the a section of Portharcourt.
watch as they come for u, for not allowing them protest in their igweocha which they have now conquered online
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by sandraokosun1: 9:38am On Nov 11, 2015
Real2020:
Yorubas will read this and feel happy...lol. Wike deceiving you people...he will go behind camera and tell them to protest peacefully. WIKE KNOWS THAT HE CANNOT REMAIN IN OFFICE NOR WIN AN ELECTION WITHOUT BIAFRANS...THEY ARE HIS LIFE BREATH.
he is rather decieving u, he can as well keep quite but notice the constant outrage on biafra frm him. Ths is nt abt pleasing anybody, wike has always been outspoken abt everything buhari
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by chernest2002: 9:39am On Nov 11, 2015
Wike is a saboteur and must not be part of our new biafra. We have our right to peaceful protest until biafra comes no executive order will stop us. REVOLUTION REVOLUTION.
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2015
kaycid77:
WIKE has Finally lost the Governorship seat
Nonsense! Rivers people will return Wike to power!
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by dridowu: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2015
Real2020:
@bolded, do you think everybody will subscribe to peacful protest ? Talk for yourself not others. If the state is grounded right under his (Wike) nose, then that is a big opportunity for APC to capitalise on if the re-run eventually happens .

GBN
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by simplycarro: 9:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Why do they stopped protesting in Onitsha, Enugu, Abakaliki, Umuahia and other core Igbo cities?
There is a sinister motive for turning PHC into the hotbed of their protest.
Re: Gov. Nyesom Wike Bans Pro-biafra Protests In Rivers State (Video) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
Demdem:

Shattap...GEJ dont speak Igbo and Amaechi said this in Owerri and he never claim to be Igbo, he also say his mumu gave hime azikiwe, Ebele is not Igbo name, But Dakuku is from OPOBO and they are Igbos...my ex is from there.

(1) (Reply)

Diezani Returns, To Visit The Synagogue For Healing / Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion / Iraq Bans Nigeria’s Poultry Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.