Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake (65484 Views)

Mambila Power: Buhari’s Big Bang Project Set To Take Off By Garba Shehu / Another Big Ministerial Flop In Buhari's Government / 'How Cabals In The Presidency Hijacked Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment' - SDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by whytfaz(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
basilo101:
We all love foshola for his achievements in Lagos, but why cant ppl just look objectively at the points OP raised? power should not have been merged with housing etc. he didnt say fashola is not fit for any of the positions

When it wasn't merged what did those before him really achieve why not we give them a chance before we start criticizing I believe just like me you want to see Nigeria become great but we won't if we don't give them the chance to work before criticizing (not like our say would even really matter right now bro)

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by papiroza: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fashola, by his antecedents and perfomance as Governor of Lagos State, is capable of piloting the affairs of this country as President. I don't see any reason why he can't handle three key ministries at once.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by ogbong: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
It is sad to observe that good number of commentors are not always constructive and objective. They are blinded by varous factors that I need not to mention. It is true that critics do not accept criticism easily
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Ndeewonu: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
dongodfrey:
I think is high time we Nigerians put sentiments apart and for once appreciates what PMB has done
Fash is the best person for the work bro even before now those are the offices most Nigerians has being clamoring he gets so what's your problem?

Fashola in his defence and an attempt to absolve himself of the fraud perpetrated under his watch in the N70 million website contract scam did say that he is only grounded in issues of law and not website design. If Fashola could admit blatant ignorance in an issue as ordinary as a website, how much more power? I remember the first mistake OBJ made was to appoint Bola Ige (lawyer) the minister for Power, and he failed woefully.

Isn't this appointment another great mistake? An electrical or mechanical engineer would have been a good one.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by BabaO2: 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
[s]With the history of poor, erratic and unsteady power supply associated with past governments, even Maitama residents would be anticipating the APC trademark 'Change' to sweep across the ministry of power and somehow or anyhow solve the problem of nonexistent power supply in most parts of the country.
Alas, Buhari, today decided to name former Lagos State governor, Mr Raji Babatunde Fashola as the minister of merged former Ministries of Power, Works and Housing.
From a progressive perspective every sensible Nigerian would agree that this is a very big mistake from our president. The ministry of Work and Housing alone is a deserving ministry for a person of Fashola's calibre and administrative prowess to pilot, likewise Power. Heading the Ministry of Works and Housing in Nigeria is very cumbersome and almost equivalent to the numerous tasks he faced as the Governor of Lagos State were he had commissioners who were accountable to him, let alone Power being added to this workload of a Portfolio.
I'm tempted to ask, did Buhari seek advice and make proper consultation before handing these merged portfolio to Mr Fashola? If he did, what were his findings? Which people supported his merging of these ministries?(they should be named so we can know those who indirectly oppose our progress)
In a nutshell, it was unexpected, unprogressive, nonsensical and most especially, unacceptable merging of this work laden ministries and handing it over to one man considering the immediate change Nigerians are expecting in the power sector. Buhari should separate this ministries and make Mr Fashola a minister to one of them.

It would be inevitable hearing APC faithfuls say, "after all it is merged ministry, and as such presents a herculean task to the government in bringing a reasonable level of change to what we had in the previous administrations who are responsible for the majority of ruins in the ministries.

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES![/s]
who are the we?, you take whatever is given to you or you get nothing.
How can i take you serious when you did not question your role model when he appointed Iweala coordinating minister for the economy plus minister of finance.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by 4tune490(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
OMG you killed it
Lordave:
Man, I bet no body has sounded as frustrated as you in the world today.

Keep on cursing around as you think you're the only one who can curse.
I no blame you, perhaps, you haven't sold enough garden egg today.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by magzey: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
people always think they have brain to advised but other wise, this ministries have state ministers and permanent secretaries. planing can do things easier not the work load. mr observer.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by OYIBN: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
Stop wailing! Cry Cry baby. Fashola is up to the task.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by babafirst(m): 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ok nau.Wish Baba's team the best.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by 1miccza: 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
It's early days yet let's watch them work and then we would analyze
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by lawak: 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
I wasn't expecting you to easily comprehend what I meant.

I mean say the merged ministries dey too much for one man, e go slow the process of change and we fit remain like this after Buhari leaves.

and Lagos State was too little for him?? the reward for good job is more job bro.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by dongodfrey(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ndeewonu
Fashola in his defence and an attempt to absolve himself of the fraud perpetrated under his watch in the N70 million website contract scam did say that he is only grounded in issues of law and not website design. If Fashola could admit blatant ignorance in an issue as ordinary as a website, how much more power? I remember the first mistake OBJ made was to appoint Bola Ige (lawyer) the minister for Power, and he failed woefully.
One word let's wait n see if he will deliver or not

Isn't this appointment another great mistake? An electrical or mechanical engineer would have been a good one. [/quote]
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by oyebanji(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
A lot of people criticise jut because thats how they are structured.

Yes the three "ministries" if I may call them that are central to PMB's success and the gntleman has decided on who can deliver on them. Power ministry for instance will take on a more serious regulatory role with the actual electricity generation and distribution privatised. Housing & works will require his experience and here BRF's experience is huge ( several kilometers of road networks in Lag and Lagos homes to mention just a few)

I think this cabinet is promising..
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by barcaboi(m): 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
With the history of poor, erratic and unsteady power supply associated with past governments, even Maitama residents would be anticipating the APC trademark 'Change' to sweep across the ministry of power and somehow or anyhow solve the problem of nonexistent power supply in most parts of the country.
Alas, Buhari, today decided to name former Lagos State governor, Mr Raji Babatunde Fashola as the minister of merged former Ministries of Power, Works and Housing.
From a progressive perspective every sensible Nigerian would agree that this is a very big mistake from our president. The ministry of Work and Housing alone is a deserving ministry for a person of Fashola's calibre and administrative prowess to pilot, likewise Power. Heading the Ministry of Works and Housing in Nigeria is very cumbersome and almost equivalent to the numerous tasks he faced as the Governor of Lagos State were he had commissioners who were accountable to him, let alone Power being added to this workload of a Portfolio.
I'm tempted to ask, did Buhari seek advice and make proper consultation before handing these merged portfolio to Mr Fashola? If he did, what were his findings? Which people supported his merging of these ministries?(they should be named so we can know those who indirectly oppose our progress)
In a nutshell, it was unexpected, unprogressive, nonsensical and most especially, unacceptable merging of this work laden ministries and handing it over to one man considering the immediate change Nigerians are expecting in the power sector. Buhari should separate this ministries and make Mr Fashola a minister to one of them.

It would be inevitable hearing APC faithfuls say, "after all it is merged ministry, and as such presents a herculean task to the government in bringing a reasonable level of change to what we had in the previous administrations who are responsible for the majority of ruins in the ministries.

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!
he had no problem handling Lagos.....
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by fallingsky(m): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
With the history of poor, erratic and unsteady power supply associated with past governments, even Maitama residents would be anticipating the APC trademark 'Change' to sweep across the ministry of power and somehow or anyhow solve the problem of nonexistent power supply in most parts of the country.

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!

Omo this guy dull..... U forget there's minister of state too in that ministry.... Rubbish
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by ibautodealer(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
I understand the OP's view when you put the sensitivities of those ministries into considerdation alongside time factor, too much work loads kill efficiency and effectiveness. I wish all the ministers well in their national endeavors and pray all their actions as ministers will solely contribute to national growth and development.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by 1stallon(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Heading the Ministry of Works and Housing in Nigeria is very cumbersome and almost equivalent to the numerous tasks he faced as the Governor of Lagos State were he had commissioners who were accountable to him, let alone Power being added to this workload of a Portfolio.

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES![/quote]

This makes no sense at all, fashola had commissioners him when he was Governor and your wailing Head didn't give you that he will also have permanent secretaries, secretaries and heads of departments now that he's Minister!!
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by mastelpro: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
The problem with your post is that with your title, you have already condemned Buhari and the appointment. It would have been better if you had put the title in a question form and give your opinion. Then we all can debate the merits and demerits of the merger and appointment
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by kunle75(m): 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
dongodfrey:
I think is high time we Nigerians put sentiments apart and for once appreciates what PMB has done
Fash is the best person for the work bro even before now those are the offices most Nigerians has being clamoring he gets so what's your problem?

You have said my mind thank u
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by SKYQUEST(m): 12:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Everyman has a breaking point no matter how tough he is. The merged ministries is a mistake. They are too important to be merged. However good Fashola is, he WILL not be able to deliver desired results in all three merged functions. They are too important to be merged! I just see him focusing more on Power to the detriment of the others.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by SKYQUEST(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2015
magzey:
people always think they have brain to advised but other wise, this ministries have state ministers and permanent secretaries. planing can do things easier not the work load. mr observer.
So if the ministries have state ministers and perm. sec. why would u need a Minister again. There is a reason for the appointment of ministers and it will be nice to make them work in favourable condition if u really want them to succeed.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Spybradd: 12:50am On Nov 12, 2015
SuperCHIMPANZEe:
OP when will your wailing stop

Fash is more than capable to handle the portfolio. Therefore, stop wailing and face your gala sales biz.

grin
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 12:58am On Nov 12, 2015
Lordave:

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 12:59am On Nov 12, 2015

The First of its type purpose built arbitration centre in Africa, the Lagos Court of Arbitration International Centre for Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) built by the Lagos State Government and commissioned by the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN at the Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, on Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:00am On Nov 12, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA COMMISSIONS SHOGUNRO ESTATE

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:00am On Nov 12, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA COMMISSIONS CARDIAC AND RENAL CENTRE

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:01am On Nov 12, 2015

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:02am On Nov 12, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA COMMISSIONS SCHOOL OF NURSING COMPLEX AT ALIMOSHO

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:04am On Nov 12, 2015

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:04am On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by aresa: 1:05am On Nov 12, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Departs For The US With His Delegation (Photos) / Osinbajo Mobbed In Ilorin, Kwara. Security Overwhelmed (Photos, Videos) / Yemi Osinbajo Cutting His Hair In A Public Barber's Shop (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.