Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra (7038 Views)

Boko Haram Is More Tolerable Than Biafra Agitators...APC / 10 Countries That Are Smaller Than Biafra Yet Better Than Nigeria. / Ndi Yoruba + Omo Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2009
Thank you for that feedback.  

Your problem is our problem.  But your approach is yours alone, we will wash our hands off your aggressive approach to separation.  Your people were the pacesetters immediately after independence and for about 5 years leading up to the war.  Has any Igbo truthfully revisited to do root cause analysis on where you fell of the landscape of power?  You owe that to yourself.

I have said many times here that negotiation will put you back in power.  It may not give you separation but it will definitely put you back in the circle of power.  You see other tribes keep their mouth shut and say nothing untill they are in power to unfold their plans.  Not the Igbos. . . you all hoot and holler about what you are going to do once you get there and how you will get Biafra by force.  That's your approach and thats whats impeding your advancement into power.  

Let your smiles and silence precede you and then let your action follow once you are in.  Some people call that deceitful.  Well, siddon there and continue to be honest.    Negotiate,  . do not demand.

negro

abeg i dnt want more paracetamol now,u are doin my headin, how on earth is this stop igbos from attainin power

what in naija, where the yorbas has sold their soul,if u want igbo,pdp should have look for igboman rather obj, then we will see what u say
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Omowunmimi(f): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2009
One day cars will run on water ! its no Dream . One day people will stop dreaming that we have leaders in Nigeria,One day intellectual Revolution will change the whole rubbish and we will call our "Leaders" to account  ,its no Dream ! its no Vision its possible ,how? when? if we stop discriminating,when we stop segmenting,colour is best appreciated by the admirer. Nigerians ! oh my we have a very long way to go if we continue rascism in our own Domain. Then why complain when outside the shore ?
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by NegroNtns(m): 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
Forget paracetamol thats old medicine, I got Oxycotin here for you.   grin

You know sometimes when we are talking about this ethnic issue. . . my heart breaks for the Igbos.  I swear to God.  It is certain words and phrases you guys put across that just get to my heart and awakens my sentiments.  Look at what you say here. . . "if u want igbo,pdp should have look for igboman  rather obj".

It is worth repeating that the tragedies and pains of the war are still alive, if not physically. . . then psychologically.  Ikey, we are going to start changing the use of words. . .  instead of saying  "if u want Igbo pdp should have looked for Igboman" . . . which is passive.  We will say "Igboman should have exerted interest and contested the pdp leadership". . . this is active.  It is not demanding and it is not pleading. . .it is straightforward exerting interest in what is rightfully Igbos.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
TRIBE and anTI-TRIBE

NOOOOOOOOOOO

this isnt the way forward

ijebu-ode

ijebu-ikokori meal

etc nooooooo
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by NegroNtns(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
Dont wait for Yoruba or Hausa to bring it to you. . . they never will.  Step there and exert your right as co-owner of the nation.  If Yoruba say Yoruba, you tell him to sit his ass down.  If Hausa say babu, you tell him to go f_ck himself.  I am your third partner and without me you are nothing and without you I am nothing.  Together we own it.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Hauwa1: 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
Negro Ntn with Percocet  shocked shocked shocked shocked

keeping nig one is a task  lipsrsealed
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
negro

maybe u are not talkin about the nigeria me and u know

as for oxy-mental tablet, nooo give it to kolo and become mental

haha cool
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by NegroNtns(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
Hey dear. . yes it is.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
negro

maybe u are not talkin about the nigeria me and u know

haha cool
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by NegroNtns(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2009

You no well. grin Well, I keep am if you need in future just ask.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ifele(m): 1:04am On Jul 14, 2009
blacksta is saying all Yoruba are evil sht. But not all Yoruba are evil sht. We are living in a paranoia state in Nigeria.

Anyone who says they are not afraid of evil crimes are shtting themselves. We gotta deal with fears cos fear is

real and fear is the a reaction to threats of evil and violence. All these things that blacksta is saying is to create

libel and denigration. The libel he is using is gonna spoil many innocent folks reps so they becom target of

violence. We gotta stop tribal libels and denigration calling people cockroach, monki, mulatto etc. Denigration is

evil.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by deb(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
One day cars will run on water ! its no Dream . One day people will stop dreaming that we have leaders in Nigeria,One day intellectual Revolution will change the whole rubbish and we will call our "Leaders" to account ,its no Dream ! its no Vision its possible ,how? when? if we stop discriminating,when we stop segmenting,colour is best appreciated by the admirer. Nigerians ! oh my we have a very long way to go if we continue rascism in our own Domain. Then why complain when outside the shore ?

Tell them o
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by blacksta(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
Omowunmimi:

One day cars will run on water ! its no Dream . One day people will stop dreaming that we have leaders in Nigeria,[b]One day intellectual Revolution [/b]will change the whole rubbish and we will call our "Leaders" to account  ,its no Dream ! its no Vision its possible ,how? when? if we stop discriminating,when we stop segmenting,colour is best appreciated by the admirer. Nigerians ! oh my we have a very long way to go if we continue rascism in our own Domain. Then why complain when outside the shore ?

Defianetely not from forth comming crop u call intellects - Education is dead at the moment in Nigera
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Omowunmimi(f): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ blacksta

Everything is dead in the country. Nothing will work when there is no power. But my message is that people should stop discriminating.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
bumpin
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
I have no idea why the op posted this but like every new nation, they struggle to get the the right shoe size. And stop making tribal references to your threads. The Yoruba politicians are not Yoruba leaders, they are Nigerian leaders get that? Na Yorubas vote Obasanjo? There you go. And keep Yorubas out of your business just got about yours. I'm just proud and happy I have a culture that respects others and elders.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by asha80(m): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2010
9jaganja:

I have no idea why the op posted this but like every new nation, they struggle to get the the right shoe size. And stop making tribal references to your threads. The Yoruba politicians are not Yoruba leaders, they are Nigerian leaders get that? Na Yorubas vote Obasanjo? There you go. And keep Yorubas out of your business just got about yours. I'm just proud and happy I have a culture that respects others and elders.

My guy the poster is yoruba.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2010
asha 80:

My guy the poster is yoruba.

But being Yoruba doesn't warrant tribal bashing.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by hollandis(f): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2010
tribal thread.the mod is just deceiving himself
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Dominoifet(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2010
@Ijawman quote:Just saw these names on another post and they sound really interesting''Adeseye OgunleweGaniyu Ogunleye (NDIC)Bode GeorgeSarunmiObasanjoTafa BalogunGbenga AlukoEttehFani KayodeBorishadeSpeaker BankoleSunday EhinderoIyabo Obasanjo''With such people and more as Yoruba leaders, that country is dead on arrival

Hmmmmmm! U know nothing @ all. Their would b Rawlings list. Except the other break away too don't want to grow would they ignore a list
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by ziga: 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2010
If we have so called intellects making statements and starting threads like these, then we have no right to complain about the politicians in power because they were taken out from the irresponsible, tribalistic, and closed-minded examples we have here on Nairaland.
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2010
Y'know, Guys,

Of a truth, there's no tribe in Nigeria that does not have corrupt leaders. In fact, to qualify for election, you have to be corrupt!!! Ah-ah! I am a yoruba man too, but this I must say, there is no nation born out of Nigeria's break-up that will not have a measure of conflict.

Even if/when Biafra is actualised, Ralph Uwazuruike knows his problems would've just begun!!! Abi no be so? Will he assume he will become the first Biafran President? What will Chimaroke Nnamani, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Sam Egwu, Orji Uzor Kalu, Great Ogboru, F.A.N (you know him, now?), and others be doing? selling ice cream at polling booths?

Only in the Arewa/Gamji will we see quick settlement and compromise, as they respect their Royal Fathers to a good degree. And then they will have a tough time looking for resources (both natural and human) to run things!!!

We should look at having a confederacy of constitutionally independent states, with a far less powerful centre than we have now, and which will allow a free market with Government Agencies only in regulatory/advisory roles to the various Governments.

The solution I proffer, some may agree, is not all that far-fetched.
I expect some ICBMs from N'landers of northern extraction. grin
Re: If The Yoruba( Omo Oduduwa) Ever Get Independence It Will Worse Than Biafra by Smartjeezy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
@OP report to yaba left 2morrow morning.
There is a little problem in ur brain faculty.omo ale jati jati, LOON.Y

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Next Gold Rush May Happen In Ebonyi State, Nigeria- Igbodefender.com / CEO of Mosilo Group, Moses Siasia condoles With Gov Dickson over Mother's death / APC Fixes National Convention For February 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.