Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode (13161 Views)

Fayose Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Nigerian President / Fani-kayode Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Buhari’s Absence / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by kenniecee: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Criticism sometimes brings motivation
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by 69MissedCalls(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sijo01:
The article alone just cover first page. Na wa o.

lol. u even try say u read am.

all I know is I hate ambode. he is made in china
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Sijo01(f): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
The article alone just cover first page. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
okay...
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by kobonaire(m): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
69MissedCalls:
h
why you de book space on page 2?? grin
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by vrooooom(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Economist surely struck a nerve there to elicit this kind of "cry cry' response from the gov's spin doctors.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by 69MissedCalls(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
kobonaire:
why you de book space on page 2?? grin

baba na network o grin

1 Like

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Joarams(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
Well...Thank God for the Economist. The writer wouldn't have put out all these information even if we already noticed a few ongoing reforms. A number of local media outlets had raised close to same issues prior to the turnaround in traffic situation last week but we didn't get this reply.

Lesson...Criticism is part of Governance.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by free2ryhme: 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
This epistle is damn too long. Pls save us some precious time

Let me summarize: Ambode is incompetent

2 Likes

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by NNPCFACTS: 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
Unfit leader. You are digging your own grave trying to cast the Min. Of power, works & housing.

You must appreciate great guys in order to attain same status... Jaiye master abeg which club opens on Wednesday in Lagos make we go total.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Joarams(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
mbhs139:
Ambode's administration is becoming more combative every passing day. No, this isn't how to pull publicity stunt. His media handlers should remember that the Economist is a very popular and influential magazine. And they can do him in, I mean his administration, in the eyes of the International Community, and foreign investors if you may add.

One fact they should also consider is that whatever the magazine published could not have been out of political vendetta or sponsored by their political enemy as they would want to claim if this were to be published by a Nigerian newspaper.

The Economist, on their part, were not fair on the Governor. This story does not represent the present realities on ground. Things have changed for the better in the past few days. Perhaps that was a teething problem of newbies that the Governor went through. Things have improved.

I wonder when these strategic communication experts will learn their lessons. The same objective could be achieved if the Commissioner wasn't defensive but appreciative of the criticism. "Acknowledge that the Economist has a right to their opinion (which is simply what it is), thank them for it and then provide these same points as the TRUE FACT of the situation in Lagos". Ahn ahn...Kayode Fayemi-style when he lost the election in Ekiti. When will our publicists learn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by 80million1: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Develop Your Content... It's very important that you constantly and consistently develop yourself, your abilities, capabilities and your content because in today's world, that's what matters. People will relate to you based on the things you have to offer. You don't buy a bottle of coke because of the bottle, you buy it because of the drink - the soda - the content. So work on your content. Listen to this short inspiring video by Lamide Adenuga, and kindly share with a friend please...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc24lev3YxE
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by jasper83: 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
This rebuttal is absolutely on point and fantastic, its high time foreign media begins to be objective when writing stories about Africa as if nothing good can ever come out of her.

People who are widely traveled confessed that manning the city of New York and Lagos is almost the same. Abeegiii make people free this Ambode of a guy joor and let him concentrate on his job. The problems of Lagosians is that we are comparing him with Fashola and that is absolutely unnecessary because everyone got their style of leadership, his predecessor used 8years and he is just spending like 7months, haha its on fair. And if I may ask wat do we really want as a people, we all know the LASTMA guys are evil and corrupt to the marrow and because the new government frown at corruption the turn themselves to saboteurs. Lets do things orderly like true Democrat and civilized people.

We all have our PVCs by 2019 if he doesn't perform we show him the way out. But I believe the man will deliver, lastly before I forget people complain Fashola is too too elitist but Ambode truly identify with the masses.

Lets give him a chance. Eko oni baje ooo!!!
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by BabaO2: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ambode you are getting things wrong. You don fuc-k up big time in the first place by trying to attack/condemn Fashola's works and his personality, and you confirmed your stupidity by not attending his book launch. Fashola that stood by you in the rains and shines during your campaigns. Obviously you don't have the intelligence and clout of JK, but it was Fashola that neutralised and made JK unsellable. I believe that is what is working against you couple with your absolute lack of experience which you would have freely gotten by first allowing Fashola to work behind you for about 3 months of your assumption of office

4 Likes

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by adaweezy(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ikengawo:
mustardpressingng nko?
Its a press release sent by LASG to Press men
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Joarams(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
1. Read criticism,
2. Take a deep breadth, take a walk
3. Come back to your sit, write the response,
4. Sleep over it, or wait some hours,
5. Pick up your write-up and read all over, deleting all the venom in there
6. Think strategic response

Good points will be scored in the end
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Sagamite(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Rubbish excuses.

I have said it earlier. My internal connections and sources in Lagos said this guy is not the sharpest tool in the box.

https://www.nairaland.com/2382048/lagos-gov-ambode-dissolves-all#34855220

Only a foool would think making human dignity the highest priority when dealing with disorderly and dumb Nigerians, instead of good punishment.

Now he has got his results.

Another fooool trying to look cool by showing he is a "funky progressive".

For Nigeria to progress, Nigerians need bashing! A good hammer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by malikisah: 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
bros Ambode, abeg check yourself instead of blaming the mirror!
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by clux: 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Just passing
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Sheggy13(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
kernel501:
l couldn't believe Yorubas blackmailing Fashola because of Ambode, today they are hailing him, what a people.
Today every one of you is blaming his/her conscience for voting "shine shine bobo", he will rule for 8 years and row Lagos state 16 years backward.
He has to make money for himself and Tinubu, leaving Lagos in a sorry state.
AM NOT A YORUBA MAN BUT FASHOLA IS THE BEST.
Who do u suggest people could have voted if not Ambode? Your preferred Igbo candidate,Agbaje isn't it? Now you're praising Fashola. Was it not the same Tinubu you're pointing fingers at that gave Fashola a shot a governance too?
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Orikinla(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mr. Steve Ayorinde, Lagos State Commissioner of Information is doing his job.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Economist? Mockery? Ambode, you even further attest to the fact that you and your Lagos state are a complete joke!!!

1 Like

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Economist? Mockery? Ambode, you even further attest that you and your Lagos state are a complete joke!!!
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by ibedun: 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mogidi:

Is Ambode talking about the world renown Economist or one of Tinubu's newspaper?

Local boy!!

The Economist is an old relic biased to the core and shamelessly pushes the western hegemonist and sometimes racist agenda. The paper has lost most of its erstwhile international audience who have unveiled its premise.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by ibedun: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
AheadMarket:
The Economist? Mockery? Ambode, you even further attest that you and your Lagos state are a complete joke!!!
AheadMarket:

Inferiority complex. What's so special about the Economist? It has lost all its appeal to international audience. If in doubt check collapsed readership in key emerging countries like China etc.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by chiddye(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mr ambode your response here his the same thing the economist magazine wrote about excuses, even the blind can see that Lagos roads are not safe under your watch. stop complaining and facet the business of governance you have to prove to lagosians that you are capable because we all know that it is OBA akinolu that picked you for governor, my guy no time.

2019 is here and we would bring in agbaje to replace your yansh
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by chiddye(m): 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mr ambode your response here is the same thing the economist magazine wrote about excuses, even the blind can see that Lagos roads are not safe under your watch. stop complaining and face the business of governance you have to prove to lagosians that you are capable because we all know that it is OBA akinolu that picked you for governor, my guy no time.

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by ibedun: 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagamite:
Rubbish excuses.

I have said it earlier. My internal connections and sources in Lagos said this guy is not the sharpest tool in the box.

https://www.nairaland.com/2382048/lagos-gov-ambode-dissolves-all#34855220

Only a foool would think making human dignity the highest priority when dealing with disorderly and dumb Nigerians, instead of good punishment.

Now he has got his results.

Another fooool trying to look cool by showing he is a "funky progressive".

For Nigeria to progress, Nigerians need bashing! A good hammer.

Ambode forgot that lagos roads are infested by our unruly foes from the East. The deserve the hammer! Treat them like CRIMINALS not OFFENDERS.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by ibedun: 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
chiddye:
Mr ambode your response here is the same thing the economist magazine wrote about excuses, even the blind can see that Lagos roads are not safe under your watch. stop complaining and face the business of governance you have to prove to lagosians that you are capable because we all know that it is OBA akinolu that picked you for governor, my guy no time.

Yes in your Lagos in Biafra
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by CSTR2: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
ibedun:

Inferiority complex. What's so special about the Economist? It has lost all its appeal to international audience. If in doubt check collapsed readership in key emerging countries like China etc.
In 5 months?
They didn't lose their appeal when they were lambasting jonathan's govt and rightly so.
You Yoruba APC folks are serious comedians. I can see the reason why media attack dogs are mostly from the SW.
Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by gabbytabby: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
lawyer:
I am a staunch PDP supporter but i would disappoint my PDP friends and show my allegiance and support for Ambode for now because of the following reasons:

1. Since he became the Governor of Lagos state, he has behaved in a very respectable and responsible way that is completely alien to the APC manual of how to be a Governor. He hasn't accused anyone of stealing money, told lies, abuse political opponents or engage in frivolous Propaganda to push his agenda to the detriment of the good people of Lagos State.

2. When i see horrible APC Governors such as controversial liars like El Rufai or Fashola that is all Propaganda but less action or Oshimole that is extremely garrulous and misinforms people or Okorocha the billboard loving disgrace to his Kinsmen and compare Ambode to this lot, then you know Ambode is a saint in the midst of the no good Governors IN TERMS OF CIVILTY AND RESPECT to his fellow humans.

3. When you hear him talk he is more concerned about fostering Unity among all Nigerians living in Lagos irrespective of their tribe unlike Fashola that tried to Deport Igbos out of Lagos.

4. Ambode won my respect when he helped expose Fashola as a Fraud through the release of Fashola's expenditures in the last 4 years. He kept quiet through out the whole issue and did not come to the aid of Fashola. He allowed Nigerians assess Fashola personally and see all the financial irregularities of Fashola ranging from the most expensive website ever down to drilling 2 boreholes for N139Million. Naturally as Fashola's successor he was suppose to cover Fashola's financial atrocities and attack his political opponents daily but he has ignored doing all those irritating things APC Governors are synonymous for and chose to face his work quietly.

5. He cancelled all the fraudulent C of Os Fashola gave his croonies illegally in choice areas in Lagos such as Lekki Scheme 1 and returned the C of Os back to its rightful owners. He did not hide this criminal act from the Public and made the whole world know how dubious and hypocritical Fashola was.

6. He is the only APC governor that has cut ties from his predecessor and wants to chart his own course. He looks friendly and amiable and so far so good he is fulfilling his promises.

7. When Lagos had the traffic challenges in the last 2 months he promised to fix majority of the potholes and ease traffic. For 2 months my journey from the Lagos Mainland to the Island took 4 to 5 hours. This week i have spent less than 1hour because he has fixed the potholes and eased traffic in congested places.

8. Most importantly he is a career civil servant so he knows most of the issues plaguing Lagos and the Alausa criminals that want to take Lagos backwards

9. He doesn't engage in senseless propaganda like Fashola that would use N10Million to Plant Flowers and use N100Million to make noise about the flowers. He is very calm and open to criticisms without attacking his opponents in a derogatory way.

10. Finally i have noticed most of his critics are APC/Fashola Sympathizers. They dislike him because he exposed their Poster boy Fashola as a Fraud and to them that's an Unforgivable Sin and has stopped the supply of free PR Money to online APC cashtivists to Abuse political opponents grin

I Hope he fulfills most of his promise and deviates from using Fashola's Propaganda template

lawyer you really fall my hand with this your write up. My advise is to go back to writing about real estate mbok.

1 Like

Re: Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode by miqos02(m): 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
oyetunder:
No 'ruler' in nigeria has ever admitted his or her blunders even when such 'blunders' a
that is what they are

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FEC Approves Another $1bn Chinese Loan / “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment / FG, States, LGs Share N510bn For August As Revenues Ramp Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.