Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

“I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment (13158 Views)

Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu / Fubara Must Go: Wike's Men Restrategjse, Insist On Impeachment Of Rivers Gov / Eze Madumere Releases Statement On Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by iamkheedah(m): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hon Tonye Isenah, Speaker of Bayelsa House of Assembly on Monday rejected reports of his impeachment as false and a nullity as he remains the speaker of the house.

There was heavy shooting at the Bayelsa House of Assembly during a session of the assembly when hundreds of youths stormed the assembly complex in Yenagoa.

Iseanah deferred the session inconclusively for the house to continue on recess.

In any case, young people who assaulted the meeting promptly raged the House, shooting sporadically and carried off the mace while a few individuals from the Assembly were still in the chambers.

Some members who sat back reportedly resumed sitting and allegedly impeached the speaker in absentia whilst the mace had been removed and elected Monday Obolo representing Southern Ijaw Constituency 2 as speaker.

A legislator who declined to be named said that there was pressure around the Assembly unpredictable in the development to the sitting where the Speaker was relied upon to leave.

The legislator said that the PDP leadership had advised Isenah to resign or face impeachment for the party to realign the balance of power since Isenah hails from the same area as PDP’s candidate in the forthcoming Nov 16 guber poll.

Isenah had held the view that his resignation was untimely and can only happen after the polls

The legislator said that the gathering accepts that giving the situation to Southern Ijaw, the zone where the up-and-comer of the opponent All Progressives Congress hails from might influence voters.

Reacting to the development during a brief interview with channels, Isenah said that he remains the Speaker as he had earlier adjourned the sitting sine die and only him could re-convene the house to session..

“I did not resign, neither was I impeached, I presided over the house and I did not preside as an impeached speaker so as we speak the house is on recess and anything done by anyone is a nullity.

“The speculation that there was an understanding that I will resign is false, I challenge anyone canvassing that position to come up with a proof, .” Isenah said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/i-remain-speaker-of-bayelsa-assemby-as-i-didnt-resign-isenah/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpkKKCnGbU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by rentAcock(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Just like Trump, Hon Tonye Isenah will be impeached.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by pyrex23(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by amiibaby(f): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Okay
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by Olachase(m): 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
I guess we are all tired of what's going on in the country 1drica of rice #400
Who did you want thunder to fire Like for buhari Share for poverty

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ok now, time will tell.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by kaykay1980: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
hhhahah
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by Omenkata: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
na mega phone speaker you be

5 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by VillageHead: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Action don dey leave Rivers dey go Bayelsa.

I just dey observe.

7 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by wwwihy: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
PDP way of life...very useless party

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by anibi9674: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
Abeg make una no disturb us with una matter, every state for himself.
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by sylve11: 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
no matter what we are going to say here that'd change their situation. undecided cool
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by donpapa(m): 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
PDP=APC! They’re all fighting for their pockets! N embarassed

4 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by omenka(m): 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dickson and Jonathan will together hand over that state to APC on a platter of gold.

Where is ffk ? Where is Reno?

You will NEVER see them comment on issues bothering on the very welfare of their party. When it comes to fabricating lies against Osinbajo et al, you go see them charge prick as long as third mainland bridge.

Smh.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by omenka(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
donpapa:
Naija politicians are the same
When you see a nairalander making a comment like this when the party in distress is pdp, know ye you're reading a comment from a pdp supporter or sympathizer. wink

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by webngnews: 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
hmmm
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by Eteka1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
PDP is synonymous with imposition and other undemocratic tendencies. I have first hand experience myself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by omenka(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olachase:
I guess we are all tired of what's going on in the country 1drica of rice #400
Who did you want thunder to fire Like for buhari Share for poverty
Nobody is liking or sharing anything. Focus on the topic at hand. It is about pdp and their infighting. Specifically, between jonathan and Dickson.

You pdp supporters are such a funny bunch.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by donpapa(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:
When you see a nairalander making a comment like this when the party in distress is pdp, know ye you're reading a comment from a pdp supporter or sympathizer. wink

Dear Omenka,
I support neither of the two parties. I am just worried and fear for the future of this country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by Olachase(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:
Nobody is liking or sharing anything. Focus on the topic at hand. It is about pdp and their infighting. Specifically, between jonathan and Dickson.

sorry bro both parties are criminals so what next
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by jrusky(m): 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ok speaker but have you return the mace you kidnapped
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by Engrduke: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:

Omenka, why are you shaking this table?
LOL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by omenka(m): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
donpapa:

Dear Omenka,
I support neither of the two parties. I am just worried and fear for the future of this country!
Really? Can you show me ANYWHERE you've criticized PDP using as such strong words as you do APC?

Mind you, I've done a little background check and found nada. Had to check because I know anytime pdp is having troubles and one makes such a comment as yours, it is very likely they are pdp supporters or sympathizers.

4 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:

Hehehe wink grin cheesy.
Funny people they are.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by Omenkata: 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
post=82715522:

Hehehe wink grin cheesy.
Funny people they are.
[/s]
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by adenigga(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
wwwihy:
PDP way of life...very useless party

Both PDP & APC are bird of the feathers. I can't vouch for anyone of them.
Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by OkoAmarashy: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
donpapa:

Dear Omenka,

Okeshuku Elvis, why you like to dey lie? Them use lie swear for you?

Your ghost typed these?
donpapa:
Ordinary primary election APC cant conduct successfully.. Can we really trust them for a free and fair elections come 2019? undecided

donpapa:
That's it! Dogara is the new Tambuwal in town! APC really played into PDP hands.. In my village, we were told that "You can never be wise like the person monitoring you". Seems like we will be having a politically dynamic senate and HOR this time. Welcome to politics 102 calss !

3 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by omenka(m): 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
OkoAmarashy:

Okeshuku Elvis, why you like to dey lie? Them use lie swear for you?

Your ghost typed these?

God bless you dear. You nab am! I couldn't have been wrong. Once I see such comments, I know for sure they're coming from a PDP supporter!

Whenever pdp is messing up and they want to Express their disdain at the party, they do so by lumping all the parties together and then collectively criticize. grin

We arent kids anymore, no by a long shot! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by omenka(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dear donpaga

Could you kindly respond to what OkoAmarashy said? grin

3 Likes

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by OkoAmarashy: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:
Dear donpaga

Could you kindly respond to what OkoAmarashy said? grin

You wan kill am?

If he talks nonsense, I go open him yansh here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment by OkoAmarashy: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:
God bless you dear. You nab am! I couldn't have been wrong. Once I see such comments, I know for sure they're coming from a PDP supporter!

Whenever pdp is messing up and they want to Express their disdain at the party, they do so by lumping all the parties together and then collectively criticize. grin

We arent kids anymore, no by a long shot! cheesy

They are Pdp supporters but because Pdp constantly embarrasses them, they hide under the tag of neutrality.

Check very well, he would say he's a technocrat. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News - Elections Cancelled. Fresh elections- Obi vs...BAT! / Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC / Abdulrazaq Sacks Board Of Directors In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.