Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" (9094 Views)

What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? / 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking / Like Seriously!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by chocolateme(f): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
The above word is an English word but I don't understand how it is meaningful if combined together yet a lot of males and females use it on daily basis.
Is that a correct expression people because I don't think so while someone is here arguing it with me that it's correct.
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously? shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously

2 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by VickyRotex(f): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
Huh? Like Seriously? cheesy

On a lighter note,

I came across this explanation:

"This is a very modern colloquial form of English, that whilst understandable, is very informal, and which might be out of place, for instance, in an interview or at a formal occasion.

Additionally other than in verbatim transcription, this isn't something I'd write or really expect to see written, except perhaps in a magazine opinion column, internet forum, instant messenger/text message or other extremely informal piece of writing.

That said, it is commonly spoken by many English speakers, and would be widely understood as expressing surprise and/or incredulity at a statement; the modern form of "Are you being serious?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Temitoppe(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
it is not correct.
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Young03(m): 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously......like dooooo

@op, av u tried making a research about the word? Or u just come NL to open senseless threads

Youngxt
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by fazzy28(m): 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
e no correct,its just a slang.....
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by madgoat(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
chocolateme:
The above word is an English word but I don't understand how it is meaningful if combined together yet a lot of males and females use it on daily basis.
Is that a correct expression people because I don't think so while someone is here arguing it with me that it's correct.

Like seriously did u just ask this? shocked
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by kponkedenge(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
chocolateme:
U hav a very big pair of bwrest pls I wan to suck it and f**uck u very hard as well. I hav released like 5times on my boxers just looking at dis ur pics pls help a broda out . embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by chocolateme(f): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
kponkedenge:

U hav a very big pair of bwrest pls I wan to suck it and f**uck u very hard as well. I hav released like 5times on my boxers just looking at dis ur pics pls help a broda out . embarassed
AMOSU
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by kponkedenge(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
chocolateme:
AMOSU
Please na
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously, is this suppose to mean that saying "like seriously" is like seriously wrong?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Girls Are So Lonely / Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 / Did You Really Achieve Your Goals In 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.