Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Help!!!south African Immigration Needs - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!!south African Immigration Needs (880 Views)

Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa / Help--- South Korea Business VISA Interview. / South African Man Who Smoked Malawian Indian Hemp Unclad At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by oyimaliski: 12:30am On Nov 12, 2015
Please I need some help. I have a valid SA visa. Multiple entry and intend to travel in few weeks time.
I have booked a stay via booking.com but they said its payment upon arrival /stay.

Now my question is. Would the immigration officers at the port of entry take this or would they want it fully paid even before arrival at the port?

Urgent and practical advise needed from those who would help. Pleaseeeee
Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by KnowMore: 12:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Lalastica please help move this to front page
Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by JayJustus(m): 4:00am On Nov 12, 2015
oyimaliski:
Please I need some help. I have a valid SA visa. Multiple entry and intend to travel in few weeks time.
I have booked a stay via booking.com but they said its payment upon arrival /stay.

Now my question is. Would the immigration officers at the port of entry take this or would they want it fully paid even before arrival at the port?

Urgent and practical advise needed from those who would help. Pleaseeeee

nooooooo...it's a booking which shows you have a reservation so don't worry you're good to go...i've been using it for a long time...no problem...it is only used to see the amount of days you'd be spending...

**from a tourism student**

1 Like

Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by oyimaliski: 6:30am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks tourism student

I was a bit skeptical because some persons told me that at the point of entry I cud be turned back to go make a paid and confirmed booking hence my fear. Though I have the advise from the hote via booking.coml which shows that I made reservation using my card and that I wud pay on arrival or check in.

More advises because this worked for me in Europe and UK. So wondering if SA is a different one.

More opinions please!!!!
Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by samtol4(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2015
oyimaliski:
Thanks tourism student

I was a bit skeptical because some persons told me that at the point of entry I cud be turned back to go make a paid and confirmed booking hence my fear. Though I have the advise from the hote via booking.coml which shows that I made reservation using my card and that I wud pay on arrival or check in.

More advises because this worked for me in Europe and UK. So wondering if SA is a different one.

More opinions please!!!!
You must pay for @least one night if you re booking hotel.SA immigration officers will ask for paid hotel .Things are changing here bros .You may b fortunate they allow u in but I can count numbers of guys turned back .This is SA not Europe
Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by oyimaliski: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2015
Samtol4.

Now. How do I go about it when all the hotels are saying I pay on arrival. If I show evidence of sustenance like my PTA hope that would help. Or MUST at least a day be paid like u said. Even when I booked with my card details and a funded account.??

More advises please .
Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by willy30(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2015
You will need a paid reservation if you hold a Nigerian passport. Booking.com is for hotel reservation where you pay on arrival .I suggest you use the likes of hotels.com for your paid reservation .

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Help!!!south African Immigration Needs by oyimaliski: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Thanks willy.... Done and dusted!!! I am cool now

(1) (Reply)

5 Places To See During Your Trip To Zanzibar / 15 funny Pictures All Nigerians Who Use Public Transport Will Immediately Get / Environmental Sanitation 28th May 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.