Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine (42313 Views)

NAFDAC Bursts Counterfeit Moet, Chandon Wine, St. Remy Brandy, Others / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by vb0mb(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2015
Season of hit
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by thefakestan: 7:19am On Nov 12, 2015
We can run on fines now, we now have 1.04 trn + 1 billion naira out of 8. Sm Trn.

ThefakeStan
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by trailblaiza(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:
Jobs are lost when a government becomes hostile to companies

I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry
so companies shouldn't do what they're supposed to do? I taya for una...

11 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nazacent: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Fining and sanctioning all them big company is that the way Baba want to generate money for our so called broke country??

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by PHIPEX(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Am glad to read these kind of effort, for once in over 4years I'll applaud our comatose NAFDAC. A colleague in my office told me 3days ago how a company he worked for use to alter the expiry date of their old products in their warehouse and afterwards declares a promo, "buy 1 get 1 free" and my fellow countrymen will rush and buy an expired product. Painful enough these are companies with big brands, NAFDAC must extend their search light on other companies because it's obvious this practice is very common.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by mployer(m): 7:21am On Nov 12, 2015
Nigeria and bandwagon cheesy
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by kulobyno: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2015
Time for Guinness investors to vomit their long amassed spoil a little
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by hustla(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2015
Suddenly, the fines that should have been given since are coming out of nowhere
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by catchfun: 7:22am On Nov 12, 2015
wachakuta:
Sanity is returning to this Con3 at last!!

Sai PMB

God bless Nigeria
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by adepiero: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2015
Baba dudu ti je gbese grin

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by maxiuc(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2015
angryUntill I see FG fining PHCN

5 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by EternalTruths: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2015
trailblaiza:
so companies shouldn't do what they're supposed to do? I taya for una...

They should, but be careful because of the culture of abuse of power.

A nation like Nigeria that lacks good employment must be wise the way they handle foreign companies. cool

Before you punish a foreign company, warn the company first so that you won't create wrong impression to shareholders who might ask for relocation to a more friendly region. cool
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by menix(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2015
ChappyChase:
Menix just said my mind, butt I would have preferred it to be 1trillion so that our budget go plenty well well, and please they should extend this good works to shell and the likes!

I trillion Don't worry the next 500billiion will be coming from Nigerian Bottling copany..
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Tunagee(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2015
morereb10:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has fined Guinness Nigeria Plc, N1bn for violating laid down rules.

Punch Newspapers reports that NAFDAC accused Guinness of allegedly revalidating expired products without authorisation and supervision, and exposing its raw materials to rodents.

An excerpt of the letter from NAFDAC, which was obtained from Punch, reads “In view of the above, you are further required to take the following actions: disclosure of all your warehouses in the country and submission of inventory level of the stock thereof; submit a written voluntary consent of forfeiture for destruction of the expired and revalidated raw materials discovered in your warehouse; and submit a notarised undertaking to comply with all the guidelines, rules, regulations and enactments of the agency, and to refrain from any future violations.”

See more on http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/food-drug-angency-nafdac-slash-guinness.html

Lovely! these firms cannot come and be giving us shit in this country. Enough is enough

cc lalasticlala seun ishilove
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Tunagee(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2015
morereb10:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has fined Guinness Nigeria Plc, N1bn for violating laid down rules.

Punch Newspapers reports that NAFDAC accused Guinness of allegedly revalidating expired products without authorisation and supervision, and exposing its raw materials to rodents.

An excerpt of the letter from NAFDAC, which was obtained from Punch, reads “In view of the above, you are further required to take the following actions: disclosure of all your warehouses in the country and submission of inventory level of the stock thereof; submit a written voluntary consent of forfeiture for destruction of the expired and revalidated raw materials discovered in your warehouse; and submit a notarised undertaking to comply with all the guidelines, rules, regulations and enactments of the agency, and to refrain from any future violations.”

See more on http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/food-drug-angency-nafdac-slash-guinness.html

Lovely! these firms cannot come and be giving us poo in this country. Enough is enough

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by hustla(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry

It is better to have 5 companies functioning under the full extent of our laws, abiding by them and paying their dues than to have 100 who do not have any regard for our laws - Quality over Quantity

They arent doing us a favor, Nigeria is doing them a favor, afterall they make a lot of money selling their products - Guinness will never try to mess up in the US or UK, so make them stand proper for here

They should relocate if they want to, they know they have competition and Nigerians have alternatives

18 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by dhardline(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2015
grin grin... My contributions.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by catchfun: 7:26am On Nov 12, 2015
how i wish Dora Akunyili is alive to be part of this government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by stinggy(m): 7:26am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

So they should not follow best practices, and give the populace low quality products?
So that in turn, we may end up treating diseases and ailments which are avoidable?

Let them go wherever they wish to if they can't follow simple hygiene!

8 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 12, 2015
QuotaSystem:
...but it berra not affect the price of big stout cheesy
Amen o. grin

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by acegikmoqsuwy: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2015
Federal Government of Nigeria keeps fining...... Companies are crashing and Nigerian economy is crumbling. If the Federal Government continues in this trend, how many conpanies will be left in Nigeria While we fight war against unemplyment?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Wisdytech(m): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2015
morereb10:

Change is here to stay
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Dekingmoses(m): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2015
There is God oooooo
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Dindondin(m): 7:29am On Nov 12, 2015
ureach:
I see fine every where... revenue cheesy
thats what previous govt should v been doing.
Moore biz as usual
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by catchfun: 7:29am On Nov 12, 2015
how i wish Gani fawehinmi is alive to be part of this govt

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by DonBobes(m): 7:29am On Nov 12, 2015
grin
QuotaSystem:
Companies will have to sit up as our regulatory agencies have been given a new lease of life.

With the dipping oil prices, internally generated revenue will have to be the immediate fuel to power our diversification efforts.

grin
QuotaSystem:
Companies will have to sit up as our regulatory agencies have been given a new lease of life.

With the dipping oil prices, internally generated revenue will have to be the immediate fuel to power our diversification efforts.

oh man u 4ny oh,

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Wisdytech(m): 7:29am On Nov 12, 2015
acegikmoqsuwy:
Federal Government of Nigeria keeps fining...... Companies are crashing and Nigerian economy is crumbling. If the Federal Government continues in this trend, how many conpanies will be left in Nigeria While we fight war against unemplyment?

should we keep mute when this companies violates our rules?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by tiwiex(m): 7:30am On Nov 12, 2015
Hmmmm. Is this how this Government wants to raise money and at the same time create jobs? This money business is a zero sum game. All this humongous moneys taken in the form of fines will be paid back through loss of jobs and increase prices to consumers. Or Government will fine these companies for down sizing too? So far, I don't see the drive for job creation. I smell a Lagos style of raising moneys at the expense of the poor. I pray these guys eventually find the balance tho.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by selfemployed(m): 7:30am On Nov 12, 2015
time for every one to sit up
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by EternalTruths: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2015
stinggy:

So they should not follow best practices, and give the populace low quality products?
So that in turn, we may end up treating diseases and ailments which are avoidable?

Let them go wherever they wish to if they can't follow simple hygiene!
hustla:

It is better to have 5 companies functioning under the full extent of our laws, abiding by them and paying their dues than to have 100 who do not have any regard for our laws - Quality over Quantity
They arent doing us a favor, Nigeria is doing them a favor, afterall they make a lot of money selling their products - Guinness will never try to mess up in the US or UK, so make them stand proper for here
They should relocate if they want to, they know they have competition and Nigerians have alternatives

Yesterday it was MTN and today Guinness

By the time you guys create a very wrong impression about government attitude towards foreign companies, don't cry unemployment when they run to Ghana.

Things must be done properly but we must apply wisdom on how we go about it. cool
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by loiszandi(f): 7:31am On Nov 12, 2015
No wonder, the oda day was drinking stout and saw some impurities dat has settled under the bottle i was like since wen has Guinness turned to akamu? they are lucky I didn't Sue them.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Fash20: 7:31am On Nov 12, 2015
bigv:
Na so so fine dey rain now. Let NAFDAC goan rest joor. We know those that are truly working.

When Dora (May her gentle soul RIP) was there, Her actions did the talking. Not Paul Ohi that had been invited to EFCC before.
make dem go rest make allow dem poison people. How can you be re branding and expired product it doesn't make sense at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.