Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine (42321 Views)

NAFDAC Bursts Counterfeit Moet, Chandon Wine, St. Remy Brandy, Others / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by francizy(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2015
This one is a welcome development! Serves Guinness right cuz you don't just subject people to harm just cuz you wanna make profit by all means

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by billyG(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2015
morereb10:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has fined Guinness Nigeria Plc, N1bn for violating laid down rules.

Punch Newspapers reports that NAFDAC accused Guinness of allegedly revalidating expired products without authorisation and supervision, and exposing its raw materials to rodents.

An excerpt of the letter from NAFDAC, which was obtained from Punch, reads “In view of the above, you are further required to take the following actions: disclosure of all your warehouses in the country and submission of inventory level of the stock thereof; submit a written voluntary consent of forfeiture for destruction of the expired and revalidated raw materials discovered in your warehouse; and submit a notarised undertaking to comply with all the guidelines, rules, regulations and enactments of the agency, and to refrain from any future violations.”

See more on http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/food-drug-angency-nafdac-slash-guinness.html

cc lalasticlala seun ishilove
Na God & Devil Go Punish any Wailers wey say PMB is not working.Nigeria can generate massive internal revenues frm defaulting companies to giv her poor citizens #5000/citizen.Guiness has been selling us poison & calling it xtrasmooth!

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ogbanje1(f): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Love Machine:
So you won push them out of business?You bad gan o.

I hope you know the meaning of sarcasm.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by seunajia: 8:00am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

Yesterday it was MTN and today Guinness

By the time you guys create a very wrong impression about government attitude towards foreign companies, don't cry unemployment when they run to Ghana.

Things must be done properly but we must apply wisdom on how we go about it. cool

Listen to reason.

--These companies are not stupid, they were caught red-handed and know they deserve to be punished!
--Do you think even Ghana or any other country you are quick to mouth will condone flouting of international quality control laws? If they do, Nigeria won't!
--With the spate at which regulators are working now, companies now blaady well know that they must sit up. This serves as an excellent example for the rest.
--And fhack yeah, Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa, Guinness, MTN or any of these law breakers leave, we get a better law abiding company in or other operators get their market share.
--Nigeria must be better, by fire, force and brimstone!
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by olumzzz(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

This is my answer to you below

Oga ds is totally different from what u were implying. I agree with u dat d penalties should b fair n should be based on standards
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by menix(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2015
starG7:
am not saying dat is bad o, but considering the jobs the company has created so far and we re still lukin fwrd for more investors they should be considerate, not after paying the money the companies will now turn to our ppl treating them like slaves in our own country and no FG or NLC will be interested in the those workers rescue, our NLC not representing saam!

Bro. Am sure our regulators re wiser.

Have u worked in a Lebanese or an Asian company nd see how this guyz misbehave because they believe our system is porous, if we don't wake up to start sanctioning their misgivings, broz one day they will decide to dictate for us..

Can these companies behave same in their country
The issue of witch hunting workers is because our Labour officials re corrupt.

A Nigeria print media once opened a media outfit in SA nd decided to practice their Nigerian style of late salary payment, South African Labour quickly closed them down..
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by billyG(m): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:
Jobs are lost when a government becomes hostile to companies

I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry
Let them relocate who drink large quanta stouts in Africa apart frn nigeria?
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by banio: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Fines every where. Lol. Companies will start fining employees. Lol. This laughter is called suffering and smiling.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by globalresource: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Era of fines shocked

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
this is how it should be... you do something wrong, you get dealt with.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by lordpascal(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Nelkoko:
Money from alcohol is a sin..wetin uncle bura wan use am do?

Dem swear 4 u make u no get sense nii, e wan carry d money buy extra cows ni. Ahn ahn!!!
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Kx: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:
I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry
angry

[size=15pt]Why are we like this?

You want to keep jobs while companies (e.g.Guiness in this case) take lives with fake and substandard product?

What is more important to you- loss of jobs or loss of lives?[/size]
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by menix(m): 8:05am On Nov 12, 2015
mbulela:

SON needs its DG sacked. It is the most inept organization around. Look at all the Fake electronic items flooding the market. It is disgusting

Am very sure SON officials even the DG can't differentiate a substandard product from Original..

I just pray with the new ministers all these agencies will be ridden of its bad eggs..
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2015
I doubt if Guiness will be able to pay this fine. What is their yearly profit? This people want to discourage alcohol production indirectly. NBL may be the next target . Sharia thing?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by missKiffy(f): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2015
The era of impunity is over cool
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by redcliff: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2015
favoured234:
We are hustling to save Light's life, they are struggling to poison life...

Check my signature

How does this relate? Please promote what you have to promote and dont try to be silly joining issues.. thanks

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by globalresource: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2015
billyG:

Let them relocate who drink large quanta stouts in Africa apart frn nigeria?

DOnt mind the guy...he is the one that is myopic. Business is not as before. And they have to get that. Not when our leaders will collect bribes to the detriment of our citizens. You will see that companies will begining to sit up and follow standard procedure and rules and reglations

When the laws were not enforced. They complain. When the enforcement is now coming alive, they are still complaining
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2015
the fools shouting sai baba do not know that some of them would loose their jobs...not that i am saying that nafdac shouldnt do its job but they should do it not for eye service...

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Funjosh(m): 8:10am On Nov 12, 2015
nzeobi:
Even origin which I use as anti malaria wink
So urs is for anti malaria, I use orijin for jedijedi sad
You guys should check my signature smiley
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by sinbad130: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2015
@ichodi..

So ur saying when Mega companies violate laid down rules, they should be pardoned and the Proper actions shouldn't be taken? at the detriment if innocent consumers..

it's ur kind that is crippling this country.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by stigman(m): 8:10am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry

U sabi, I pity their workers, because the money is going to come from them, they might even end up losing their job

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by billyG(m): 8:11am On Nov 12, 2015
kulobyno:
Time for Guinness investors to vomit their long amassed spoil a little
If it is a civilise kun3,Guiness execs will go 2 jail 4 selling poison 2 d Liqour-guzzling public,investor confidence will nosedive,their poisoned shares will tumble downward.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2015
Kx:

[size=15pt]Why are we like this?

You want to keep jobs while companies (e.g.Guiness in this case) take lives with fake and substandard product?

What is more important to you- loss of jobs or loss of lives?[/size]
and what have you to say about the government who dosnt give a damn about your life??....buhari is taking it all out on the private sector where most of us survive from since the country is useless...let buhari work and provide the basic amenities for all and let us move forward..

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Funjosh(m): 8:13am On Nov 12, 2015
redcliff:

How does this relate? Please promote what you have to promote and dont try to be silly joining issues.. thanks

Baba No vex abeg, na me they beg u please sad

The money remain 800k and the child have left for the surgery because of time sad

Check my signature smiley
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by LordPhilip(m): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
Season of fines. Next up is PDP. Lol

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by sam90s(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

This is my answer to you below

MTN's fine was based on a set standard or rule (whichever one you call it) and that's #200k for each unregistered sim card, 5.1m total, local managers are sometimes to blame, we all know what performance bonuses does to managers, they cut corners and that includes exploiting employees and breaking rules if they think they will get away with it, now tell me how do you deal with this if not by zero tolerance? See what that mindset has done to us, almost cripling every sector(of the economy) and every institution in the country, it's like a cancer, eating away at us.
Those preaching restrain sounds to me like "hey! Don't punish currupt officials because it may discourage other officials".

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
redcliff:

Guinness of allegedly revalidating expired products without authorisation and supervision, and exposing its raw materials to rodents.

The bolded can cause mild to severe health conditions. So it definitely relates okay
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by billyG(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

They should, but be careful because of the culture of abuse of power.

A nation like Nigeria that lacks good employment must be wise the way they handle foreign companies. cool

Before you punish a foreign company, warn the company first so that you won't create wrong impression to shareholders who might ask for relocation to a more friendly region. cool
So we shld be Friendly with poison 4 enormous profits?No wonder ma people are dying everyday like cockroaches Guiness nigeria making life expectancy 40yrs.God is watching.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by kennycalls(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2015
confidence and sanity is back in 9ja, sai God, said baba
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ihedioramma: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2015
khristals:
Recently everyone is getting fined..

Nice grin
Is good to be good or cant you see how people die every day who know's why? is a good one now every body have to be careful .
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by billyG(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2015
loiszandi:
No wonder, the oda day was drinking stout and saw some impurities dat has settled under the bottle i was like since wen has Guinness turned to akamu? they are lucky I didn't Sue them.
Imagine Drinking RAT Shiits & COCKROACHES brewed as Xtra smooth.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Kx: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2015
IzonOwei:
and what have you to say about the government who dosnt give a damn about your life??....buhari is taking it all out on the private sector where most of us survive from since the country is useless...let buhari work and provide the basic amenities for all and let us move forward..

In other words, since your country do not care about your live according to yo,
Therefore, the corporate organization's should as well brazingly indulge in sharp and unethical practices to further affect your life, and you are giving them a vote of approval right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.