Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

The Trust Of My Sibling. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Trust Of My Sibling. (1002 Views)

How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. / Lovely Picture Of Sisters In Bridal Train For Their Sibling's Wedding / What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trust Of My Sibling. by jesse515: 11:22am On Nov 12, 2015
Pls I need ur advice on how to channel my younger brother.

I worked so hard to earn d trust of my younger bro, d reason I did was to be able to channel him in d path of gud. M 27 n he is 21.

I let him in on sum of my worst behaviours, so he can relate sum of his to me den I can render useful advice, but each tym I get to hear his, I feel almost disappointed, although I try not to express it I just act like we ar comrades in arms.

For example, I told him of how I use to smoke cigarette n boil weed to drink as mornin tea (n dat was as bad as it got to me). He related his story to me afta a while, how himsef n his room mates in school had bought weed worth 10,000 naira mix it wit tramadol n stuffed it on ritzlers for days unending den de settled down n smoked dem about 4 of dem n 6 girls in dia hostel.

Again I told him of how I had s3x wit a girl whilst her sister was in d room wit us, d guy just laughed n told me so n so girls ar lesbians n de live in same hostel wit him, dat 3sum is almost like a gud mornin greetin in d hostel, I told him how I had staph n was scared if it was gonorrhoea, he laughed n told me d difference between gono n staph n how he treated gono wit 7k 3day treatment.

I remember I told him how a madam hu trusted me almost caught me wit her maid (he knows d madam n maid in question), afta a while he ran to my place one evening n told me he was locked up in a wardrobe since 4pm dat a girl he went to see in her fathers house got d timing wrong on her dad, she cud only let him out around 7 wen d dad went out.

D truth is I may av as well doubted him if not for how detailed he always is, he calls names n I knw most of his friends as normal area smally hu I still give 200naira n 100naira n d stories n money he gives out correlate wit wen he ask for money N wen he falls sick afta his escapades.

I av given him 2 of my laptops, my elder sister have given him countless phones, I sumtyms take care of his fees/ accomodation. At his age, I was already a worker wit a company/ street hustler (workin for politicians) since our parents cudnt afford my fees den. Currently m a worker n student n all des details are makin feel lyk lemme leave him to hunt for himsef. But each tym I do dat, he pours his burden to our parents hu pours d burden bak on me.

Pls advice me on how to advice n channel his youthful inclination to productive means, he is brilliant n studyin mech engr.

Cc: lalasticlacla. Pls I need more coverage n advice.
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by thorpido(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't know what is wrong with all these youths and the need to get high.Just a few days ago,a young guy was brought in dead(BID)to the clinic where i work.He had taken TRAMADOL(probably with other things).
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
You guys are one and the same bro! smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by Scapetta: 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
Guy, your brother is not only following your footsteps, he is also trying to outshine you! It would be best if you should just stop dishing out all your past bad escapades... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by gsalvatore: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
You and your brother na Batman and Robin.. grin grin grin grin grin

The Gono paragraph cracked me up...You think say you don see something...Your YOUNGER bros made you feel like a CHOIR BOY.

1 Like

Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by Exponental(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
You probably not in a better position to counsel him. Let a neutral person do it.
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by babyme1(f): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Speechless. Pls if you really wants to help that young man stop telling him your stories. There is a way of making a young person learn from your mistakes, but certainly not the manner you are going.

I feel you may end up ruining him(that is if he isnt already) with this.
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by jesse515: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
@ all d posters above, I knw d apple does not fall far off from d tree, I am not a saint n Dats y I bought his trust so I cud be d "gud" elder bro, I av 10 elder ones n de don't care if u fall from a mountain wit a woman n damage ur skull or if u don't knw how to read ABCD.

Wats pissing me off is I am lost as to how to start advicing him, it's a polygamous home n d dude is bent on satisfying his fantasies.
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Somehow I was trying to believe your story until this part -
he is brilliant n studyin mech engr.

Now am wondering how possible it is for an irresponsible human being to be a brilliant mechanical engineering student in Nigeria??

Something is not adding up.

And you are not helping him. Let life teach him. Only experience can change people like him.
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by jesse515: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
babyme1:
Speechless. Pls if you really wants to help that young man stop telling him your stories. There is a way of making a young person learn from your mistakes, but certainly not the manner you are going.

I feel you may end up ruining him(that is if he isnt already) with this.

I can relate to ur post, if I stop talkin, how do I get him to talk?
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by jesse515: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
Joavid:
Somehow I was trying to believe your story until this part -

Now am wondering how possible it is for an irresponsible human being to be a brilliant mechanical engineering student in Nigeria??

Something is not adding up.

And you are not helping him. Let life teach him. Only experience can change people like him.

He is gud wit his books n his GP is above 3.0 although in a polytech, he just got admission tru jamb in a university. D boy is gud upstairs.

Everybody sees him as a quiet person, Infact u must like him if u see him, he dresses well n wears my clothes n shoes, he goes to church n attends program like every christian kid.
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by Swissheart(f): 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Your brother needs Jesus.
You aren't helping him too,you don't have to spill all the bad things you have done before he'll open up to you.As it is now.....you don't appear to be in the position to counsel him.not a bad thing to try though,sit him down and tell him of how much you regret the bad things you have done in the past rather than taking glory in them that he feels he wants to outshine you in them.talk to an older person who he respects well because if anything happens to him ,my brother you arent gonna be left out.I admire the fact that you are a good big bro cool
Re: The Trust Of My Sibling. by Mznaett: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hñmñm

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do / Horrible Encounter With An Aids Patient / My Wife's Lover Named Our Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.