Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? (1969 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2009
Nairaland Religion section, hmmmm its is a lovely place to be if you want to laugh and see the definition of hypocrisy. Any way nairaland shows that religion is a very sweet delusion. grin
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 10:07pm On May 17, 2009
Another thing the religion section has taught me is that the theist just throw words around no matter how senseless they sound like

"Jesus loves you" which is the perfect answer in any awkward situation - which apparently negates any rational question, criticism, or thoughts. Jesus loves you end of story accept it or rot in hell grin.

"Allahu Akbar" (substitute for: "we don't understand what you said but we all agree and our agreement sounds impressive doesn't it!?"wink

"It's a mystery" (shut up your face stupid - no more questions). grin grin The bible and God are both mysteries that can never be understood, they don't require logic and rational thoughts leave logic and rational thoughts in science labs and schools. The bible requires 100 percent faith.(no matter how illogical its assertions are).
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 10:20pm On May 17, 2009
toneyb:

Another thing the religion section has taught me is that the theist just throw words around no matter how senseless they sound like

"Jesus loves you" which is the perfect answer in any awkward situation - which apparently negates any rational question, criticism, or thoughts. Jesus loves you end of story accept it or rot in hell grin.

"Allahu Akbar" (substitute for: "we don't understand what you said but we all agree and our agreement sounds impressive doesn't it!?"wink

"It's a mystery" (shut up your face stupid - no more questions). grin grin The bible and God are both mystery that can never be understood, they don't require logic and rational thoughts leave logic and rational thoughts in science labs and schools. The bible requires 100 percent faith.(no matter how illogical its assertions are).

God operates in mysterious ways. If only God could release the memos that detail how effective the mysterious ways were  grin. During the time that I attended church, whenever I questioned any of the atrocities that were initiated by God like God telling people to tell lies or steal and the unprovoked killing of the women and children of the Canaanite, The Jebusites ,(All the non Jews that lived close to the Jews) and all the other meaningless slaughter that were commanded by God in the bible of innocent babies and other people I was looked at pitifully and told that God was love but He was also a just God.Whatever that meant. As if killing babies for crimes they never committed was justice. I still find it hard to believe how people associate the God of the old testament with love.
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 10:27pm On May 17, 2009
bindex:

God operates in mysterious ways. If only God could release the memos that detail how effective the mysterious ways were  grin. During the time that I attended church, whenever I questioned any of the atrocities that were initiated by God like God telling people to tell lies or steal and the unprovoked killing of the women and children of the Canaanite, The Jebusites ,(All the non Jews that lived close to the Jews) and all the other meaningless slaughter that were commanded by God in the bible of innocent babies and other people I was looked at pitifully and told that God was love but He was also a just God.Whatever that meant. As if killing babies for crimes they never committed was justice. I still find it hard to believe how people associate the God of the old testament with love.

We can never know God, he is ineffable,but it never stops a theist from trying to explain. The theist says we can not know who God is but he spends most of his time explaining to people who his God is grin grin so funny.
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 10:37pm On May 17, 2009
toneyb:

We can never know God, he is ineffable,but it never stops a theist from trying to explain. The theist says we can not know who God is but he spends most of his time explaining to people who his God is grin grin so funny.

This is really funny. Its a mystery that you can never understand but the theist keeps on trying to explain it all the time. grin. Some say that we have a closed heart and a close mind. Others use the free will argument which means that God gave humans free will even though there is no such word in the bible. Moslem are the most delusional you just have to believe by force even when they have no arguments, just believe or die. grin
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 10:57pm On May 17, 2009
bindex:

This is really funny. Its a mystery that you can never understand but the theist keeps on trying to explain it all the time. grin. Some say that we have a closed heart and a close mind. Others use the free will argument which means that God gave humans free will even though there is no such word in the bible. Moslem are the most delusional you just have to believe by force even when they have no arguments, just believe or die. grin

Christians pull the free will argument when trying to explain why their god will not reveal himself publicly grin. They seem to think that our "free will" will be destroyed if Jehovah were to show his face publicly. As if he supposedly did not in several places in the bible. There are many places in the bible were he addressed all the people of Israel in a public speech.(I wonder why he is always hiding and running away when ever people become more clever, wiser and have a better understanding of the forces of nature? grin grin) The free will argument holds no water. Mazaje has a topic on it Here. I personally do not know much about Islam but I believe that they are even more delusional as you said. Believe or die  grin(Christian did that in the past too when they were in control, They are all the same).
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2009
bindex:

Kai dan duniya. . .hau yahoo ko facebook mu sha labari. . . .the usual excuse of "metaphor" for most biblical stories (which are never agreed upon universally by christians) as an excuse for some of the stories that do not have historical or scientific backings or which do not even make any sense at all. like most of the unfathomable atrocities of yahweh the tribal and warrior god of the jews and his chosen men. . . . .
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2009
toneyb:

god works in mysterious ways = i have no idea. . . . . .
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2009
Change belief ke it rather embolden my belief when i see the worshippers of d cross copying and pasting irrelevancy
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 11:25pm On May 17, 2009
mazaje:

Kai dan duniya. . .hau yahoo ko facebook mu sha labari. . . .the usual excuse of "metaphor" for most biblical stories (which are never agreed upon universally by christians) as an excuse for some of the stories that do not have historical or scientific backings or which do not even make any sense at all. like most of the unfathomable atrocities of yahweh the tribal and warrior god of the jews and his chosen men. . . . .

This is one of the worst . When pressed, they 1) They can't show a consistent biblical indicator that tells which passages are metaphor and which are literal, and 2) They deny that in picking which passages are metaphor, they are using morality that comes from outside the bible, thereby showing that the bible is not the best source, or even a source at all for morality. by the way don't bother asking them how so many different Christians decide differently on which ones are metaphor and which are not.
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 11:28pm On May 17, 2009
In responding to their fallacy which we had made it xplicit, @mazaje ina gaisheka
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 11:30pm On May 17, 2009
Abuzola:

Change belief ke it rather embolden my belief when i see the worshippers of d cross copying and pasting irrelevancy

Who is this You worship the Ka'aba, half Moon and the star and you believe you are better? your copy and paste Arabic irrelevancy and believe that you hold a  better belief? by the way which moon did Mohammed divided into two with the help of Allah?  grin
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Tudor2: 11:36pm On May 17, 2009
This section has really help me confirm what i've always suspected,that this whole religion shit is fallacy.it also made me realise religion,no matter how intelligent you are makes you delusional,vile,selfish and even murderous. The worst group are the islamists,just a bunch of empty heads sporting a beard and tying dirty rags over their heads ready to blow up whoever and whatever.their level of intolerance is sickening,makes the xtian group look like love
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 11:36pm On May 17, 2009
Here is another cross worshipper with an ill attack, Muhammad forbade the worship of moon so u are a fabricator
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Tudor2: 11:40pm On May 17, 2009
Almost forgot. . . . .also made me know mohammed was a PEDOPHILE- no imam will tell you,thats for sure
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 11:42pm On May 17, 2009
Tudör:

This section has really help me confirm what i've always suspected,that this whole religion shit is fallacy.it also made me realise religion,no matter how intelligent you are makes you delusional,vile,selfish and even murderous. The worst group are the islamists,just a bunch of empty heads sporting a beard and tying dirty rags over their heads ready to blow up whoever and whatever.their level of intolerance is sickening,makes the xtian group look like love

You call it love? go close to the Christian fundamentalist and try speaking bad about the bible, some wont hesitate to kill you.

One other thing that the religion section has thought me is that Christians all have one way of reasoning they always tell the atheist that they don't expect that he  will ever understand which equals to Stop it you atheist from making valid points that refute my own, and making me even think about questioning Jesus Christ our lord and saviour of the earth.  I know the answers to everything because I know God.  You will never understand because you don't believe in God. grin grin
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 11:44pm On May 17, 2009
Almost forgot, the bible encouraged incest, no pastor will tell u that
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 11:45pm On May 17, 2009
Tudör:

Almost forgot. . . . .also made me know mohammed was a PEDOPHILE- no imam will tell you,thats for sure

Abraham the father of all Christians and Jews was incestuous too. He married his half sister from the same father. No pastor will ever tell you that.
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 11:49pm On May 17, 2009
Abuzola:

Here is another cross worshipper with an ill attack, Muhammad forbade the worship of moon so u are a fabricator

Where did Jesus tell his followers to worship the cross? .
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 12:04am On May 18, 2009
mazaje:

god works in mysterious ways = i have no idea. . . . . .

So true, Knowing how to twist, turn, obfuscate, rewrite, reinterpret, pretend and misquote the best/most in order to get the outcome one wants is what most theist are good at especially the Christian apologist (Gary Habermas and all). If you take two brilliant people, both believers and give them the best education in the world, make them experts in Hebrew and Ancient Greek,  and then allow them to go over every bit of biblical history known to man, in the end I can guarantee they would not AGREE on what the bible says. They might agree on some things, even a lot of things, but they will also disagree on a lot of other things. You need the holy spirit to know the mystries of the kingdom grin grin grin grin
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 12:08am On May 18, 2009
it has made me change from born again christian to a  muslim cos am not confortable with how a fourteen yrs old teenager"Ishmael" will be left untouched and then an infant Isaac then carried the wood for burntoffering and start asking his dad question such as why this and that daddy Abraham,also about paul and his teaching concerning virgins, he said hes not inspired by God but talking from his own understanding, imagine, and so so many contraditions, Thank God for the Quran
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 12:18am On May 18, 2009
toneyb:

So true, Knowing how to twist, turn, obfuscate, rewrite, reinterpret, pretend and misquote the best/most in order to get the outcome one wants is what most theist are good at especially the Christian apologist (Gary Habermas and all). If you take two brilliant people, both believers and give them the best education in the world, make them experts in Hebrew and Ancient Greek,  and then allow them to go over every bit of biblical history known to man, in the end I can guarantee they would not AGREE on what the bible says. They might agree on some things, even a lot of things, but they will also disagree on a lot of other things. You need the holy spirit to know the mystries of the kingdom grin grin grin grin

That is why we have people like davidyalan always trying so hard to prove that he is intelligent grin grin. . . .your example fits him very well. . . he spends all his time trying to debate science and disprove its assertions, i have never seen him try to use conventional science or scientific methods. . . . to support creationism or some of the biblical science. . . .  grin grin grin by the way which holy spirit? every body seems to be creating his/her own holy spirit ohh. . . .

uplawal:

it has made me change from born again christian to a  muslim cos am not confortable with how a fourteen yrs old teenager"Ishmael" will be left untouched and then an infant Isaac then carried the wood for burntoffering and start asking his dad question such as why this and that daddy Abraham,also about paul and his teaching concerning virgins, he said hes not inspired by God but talking from his own understanding, imagine, and so so many contraditions, Thank God for the Quran

if this is what made you leave christianity then i can tell you that you were never a christian at all. . . by the way how is the koran better than the bible? were most of the stories in the koran not plagiarized from the hebrew bible?
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 12:23am On May 18, 2009
Genesis 19:31-38 LOT had sex with his two daughters and even bored him children, who says so THE CORRUPTED BIBLE
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 12:26am On May 18, 2009
@Questionaire, the center of christianity is the cross just like it was logically said in 1 Corinthian 15:14
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Tudor2: 12:28am On May 18, 2009
@uplawal
what is this? The incestous abraham should have killed that ishmeal so that the murdering pedophile mohammed would neva have been born. . . .

I forgot to mention i learnt that abraham was incestous,what are we going to discover next,maybe ancient bones of abraham and pedophile mo' having sex
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Tudor2: 12:31am On May 18, 2009
@abuzola
and mohammed went and took a six year old girl and had anal sex with her! Who said so, THE USELESS QUARAN!
Re: Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 12:34am On May 18, 2009
Abuzola:

Genesis 19:31-38 LOT had sex with his two daughters and even bored him children, who says so THE CORRUPTED BIBLE

Did you own "holy" prophet not marry a 9 year old child?   did he not take the wife of his nephew? So the bible is corrupted but the koran is not?delusion at its best grin grin.

Abuzola:

@Questionaire, the center of christianity is the cross just like it was logically said in 1 Corinthian 15:14

Just as the Ka'bah is the centre of Islam
الكعبة al-Kaʿbah Miracle of Kaaba

(1) (2)

When Will Hell Become Full? / Goshen, As A Brother, I Have To Warn You To Stop Eating Grass Cutter / God Has Cleansed Us Frm Our Past Sins,made Provisions4our Future Sins 2ru Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.