Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,174 members, 7,957,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:56 AM

Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? (48335 Views)

6 Attributes Employers Look For In A Candidate / Returnee Graduates Struggle As Employers Snub Foreign Degrees / Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by bandol(m): 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!
fineyemi:
You are a big liar!!!! All dose staffs you see across the counter in GTB are all HND/Nd graduate. They are all referred to as contract staff
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Elxandre(m): 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
SerialGist:

So if Buhari didnt go to school and thereby obtained almost no academic qualifications but today, he is your president, how can then my not having nysc certificate stop me in my political aspiration? What am i saying? I have seen people who run programmes in school which going for nysc wasnt part of the schedules for the said programmes but were given exemption letter at the end of the studies and they are doing excellently cool even much better than those who went for service.
Google what happened to Bankole in 2007 bro.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
smartmiss:
U will def b termed a graduate but b informed dat it isnt equivalent to B.sc gotten from state or fed unis. I'm guessing dey dnt do NYSC either. Most private companies n multinationals av der reservationz just d same way dey av reservations abt HND graduates. For example dey cant b employed as B.Sc holders r employed for entry level positions in banks buh only as contracts. Buh if dats d option u av den go for it cos ull still b a graduate n ull still get a job. I happen to have spoken to have spoken to a NOUN graduate dat eorks as a contract staff in a bank, dats ow i got to know

See as you're displaying ignorance with impunity and you say your name is smartmiss..... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by tosyne2much(m): 12:03am On Feb 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

See as you're displaying ignorance with impunity and you say your name is smartmiss..... undecided
Me sef just dey smh as I dey read the comment cheesy

Ignorance indeed ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Sirlancelot(m): 12:10am On Feb 17, 2016
fineyemi:
Pls explain this letter of exemption to me. My senior brother is presently running uniosun part time programme and the authorities of uniosun said Part time wont be on their certificate and they will be given NYSC letter of exemption. Plsss can u lemme know wat that letter of exemption means
sir it only mean you are exempted because you are already a working class student.The Idea of the programm is designed for career work or those who wish to enrol for it due to time constraint and can not attend full time mode.Since Uniosun sandwish or part time is quite different from Uidlc,I think that your brother can still go,only if he long for it.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:12am On Feb 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
Me sef just dey smh as I dey read the comment cheesy

Ignorance indeed ! cheesy

I no get time to quote them one by one.....make them dey rant and they should continue displaying their ignorance... those of us wey know, go continue our parol... after all na all man for himself...

One even say no be real BS.C?......and them go wonder why them no get Job.... with such level of stupidity who go employ them? grin

2 Likes

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by tosyne2much(m): 12:18am On Feb 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

I no get time to quote them one by one.....make them dey rant and they should continue displaying their ignorance... those of us wey know, go continue our parol... after all na all man for himself...

One even say no be real BS.C?......and them go wonder why them no get Job.... with such level of stupidity who go employ them? grin
Bro, it's becoming so annoying when some eeediot always try to make other people feel inferior.. Like I said, only a person who doesn't have focus will be discouraged by this bullcrap

Yesterday, they said HND is not equivalent to B.sc... Today again, the Bsc bagged from NOUN is also not equivalent to private/state owned uni Bscs

So what is now equivalent to Bsc for God's sake?
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:21am On Feb 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, it's becoming so annoying when some eeediot always try to make other people feel inferior.. Like I said, only a person who doesn't have focus will be discouraged by this bullcrap

Yesterday, they said HND is not equivalent to B.sc... Today again, NOUN Bsc is also not equivalent to private/state owned uni B.scs

So what is now equivalent to Bsc for God's sake?

The sooner Nigerian youths know that all this papers are useless the better for them...... some get all this papers but can't even speak good English.... why some no get at all, but mehn!.. if you see them... you go think say na 3 universities them go.. Lol.......employers no dey look paper again o...na wetin dey your head...... as i dey so I no get paper... na wet in dey my head I use take get Job so Lol...
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by tosyne2much(m): 12:24am On Feb 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

The sooner Nigerian youths know that all this papers are useless the better for them...... some get all this papers but can't even speak good English.... why some no get at all, but mehn!.. if you see them... you go think say na 3 universities them go.. Lol.......employers no dey look paper again o...na wetin dey your head...... as i dey so I no get paper... na wet in dey my head I use take get Job so Lol...
Na the truth u yarn so bro
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by bennymark(m): 12:34am On Feb 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Does the total fee exceed a hundred grand a year?

Might reach, but school fee is paid every semester, ccourse reg is 2K for 2unit courses, and 2500 for 3unit courses, you will also pay exam fee per course. This is the routine every semester. Entrance school fee is the highest you will pay at a time Which is 41k
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by bennymark(m): 12:37am On Feb 17, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

But learnt that their Academic calendar is faster.

Unlike OAU and UNILAG where you spend your three good years doing M.Sc.

Not so sure about the MSC calendar, na degreee I dey do and a Session takes a year completely
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by bennymark(m): 12:42am On Feb 17, 2016
LionInZion:
Please I want to know if I the degree form is out, if not, when will it? Will also appreciate any other info you can give me about the school. Thanks.

You can apply anytime you want, no specific time for admission, once ur credentials meet their stated requirements, u will get the admission instantly, so. You. Just print the letter and take it to d centre of ur choice to get clearance n admission numba. For degree the form is 5k, u will get all d. Info on their. Site‎
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Ekakamba: 12:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:
What is a NOUN?
uncle I! Name of a person, animal, place and thing!!!!! Oloshi

1 Like

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by austine4real(m): 1:05am On Feb 17, 2016
nasty45:
that's means I shd apply somewhere else
their exams wll start nxt mnth
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by hassanq(m): 1:44am On Feb 17, 2016
bandol:
how many multinational corporation have you ever been to in your life? From the tune of your post it shows you have done so many aptitude tests and interviews in multinational corporation without success. Try NOUN your frustration will turn to testimony grin
bro I'm talking frm experience,permit me to say many many experiences unless ur baba na oga at d top.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Ugoobuz: 2:35am On Feb 17, 2016
Kazrem:

First year is around 101/102k. Subsequently is around 80k. This is however base on your course of study and choice of number of courses to take per semester.
Visit any zenith, Eco or fcmb bank with 5k for undergraduate. Get the pin. Visit nou.edu.ng, and proceed from there
It's presently out (and always on). A semester is currently ongoing. You can still join this semester if you think you can

Pls how do i handle the issue of result not uploaded... its frustrating me badly. i have written to Lagos as directed but no response, four results missing! and am in finals, pls i need someone to put me through. 0811 797 2927 Stanley.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by nogames: 2:50am On Feb 17, 2016
hassanq:
bro I'm talking frm experience,permit me to say many many experiences unless ur baba na oga at d top.
how many organization heve u been ? That was the question, u said u are talking frm experience. This is same way some people were condemning private universities before, they call them all sort of names ( advance secondary sch or glorify sec sch.) but now some employers even preffer their products to FG or state vasities products. If your organisation doesnt employ noun graduate that is personal thing not the problem of certificate, remember some companies some time state their prefrence eg 2.1 frm 1st gen universities ( oau, unlag,ui and few others)... Samething happened to NECO that time but today all is story.

2 Likes

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 17, 2016
Elxandre:
Do the needful and drop the info here.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

If you were/are not freak enough education wise, pls dont discourage others. Everybody must not be Ph.D holder and at the same time, everybody must not be illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by sexyellency(m): 5:35am On Feb 17, 2016
blackberlin:

That was a typo and I corrected it already. If you have brains and went thru the post, my eloquence should speak for itself. . . Now shut the heck up and find something to eat.
Y ur comment dey always dey hostile? abi I vex follow u tok ni well, u still av dah childish brain tho.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by fineyemi(m): 5:59am On Feb 17, 2016
Sirlancelot:
sir it only mean you are exempted because you are already a working class student.The Idea of the programm is designed for career work or those who wish to enrol for it due to time constraint and can not attend full time mode.Since Uniosun sandwish or part time is quite different from Uidlc,I think that your brother can still go,only if he long for it.
Tank u so much
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 17, 2016
I dont know of Nigerian community's recognition.I do know the international communities recognise NOUN degrees.

2 Likes

Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 17, 2016
sexyellency:
Y ur comment dey always dey hostile? abi I vex follow u tok ni well, u still av dah childish brain tho.

C'mon shut up. You tried to diss me and I clapped back at you... smacked you around good, so no hard feelings here.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Kazrem(m): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2016
ProffM:

I got there and requested for d NOUN TELLER but they are all giving me stories instead
Don't ask for noun teller. Use the regular teller.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by nogames: 8:10am On Feb 17, 2016
Elxandre:

What happened to Bankole? In as much as u have registration no with NYSC you are covered, what about those that graduated in coventional unis but above 30 yrs of age? Discharge, expemption or exclusion certificates is sufficient, i dont think Bankole have any of these
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Elxandre(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2016
nogames:
What happened to Bankole? In as much as u have registration no with NYSC you are covered, what about those that graduated in coventional unis but above 30 yrs of age? Discharge, expemption or exclusion certificates is sufficient, i dont think Bankole have any of these
Well Bankole was alleged of not serving the country shortly after he became speaker in 2007.
He had to look for a picture he snapped in camp to save himself., and testimonies by former mates.
If you exclude before you're 30, you may find yourself in Bankole's situation.

IMO.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by ChristStriker(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Noun is a recognised institution globally.This Profound institution occupy the Number 36th position of the top 100 universities in Nigeria according to Webometric.

Am a proud student Noun currently studying Mass communication and my cohorts in other universities are not fit to hold a candle to my intelligence of the course: mass communication.

For the umpteenth time, Noun degrees are well recognised by Minor or Major employers in or outside Nigeria.

Please my younger sister just got admission into NOUN to study Mass Communication. Do you have any email with which I can contact you?
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Mustay(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2016
JefLonDon:
if you want to know if the school is recognised just go to sites where their career sections requires U to choose a school from their preferred schools then you will know beta

my opinion Noun isn't a good school

they got no structure, how do you call someone dat Neva attended a lecture a graduate Cuz he passed exam?

I got friends who work there i.e Noun computer center, they are paid to do the test for the students and sometimes the exam

please go to a school n not a certificate driven bunch of building

Aside the other stuffs you wrote that are pretty much street talk, you need to understand that being educated is not necessarily going to the 4 walls of a classroom. Just like there are doctors without borders, the barriers to getting educated should not be stifled by the conventional means you are used to.

Definitely, there are courses that require you to be physically present but do not fall into the trap that distance learning is a fallacy particularly in this era of IT.

As regards, the quote in bold, that is an incorrect basis to judge if a school is recognized or not. Webmasters have a list of schools they choose from. Where they get their source and how recent they updated their list is what you are unaware of. This is why some proactive webmasters write their codes in such a way that if a school is not on their list, they allow users to input this themselves.

As long as the NUC of your country lists them as an approved federal university (http://nuc.edu.ng/approved-universities-to-run-postgraduate-programmes/), the rest we place here to discredit them will be based on bias, not facts.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Yes They are. Infact the kind solidarity you get especially from NOUN graduates in Public Sector you go fear.

Better to Have NOUN Degree than any Kind of Diploma (HND,ND, OND ETC) from anywhere. wink

dentrice:
National Open University of Nigeria(NOUN) is an accredited degree awarding institution. But what I don't know is that if the degree is well recognised by employers.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2016
ChristStriker:

Please my younger sister just got admission into NOUN to study Mass Communication. Do you have any email with which I can contact you?

Sure!

I have sent you a PM
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by nogames: 10:10am On Feb 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Well Bankole was alleged of not serving the country shortly after he became speaker in 2007.
He had to look for a picture he snapped in camp to save himself., and testimonies by former mates.
If you exclude before you're 30, you may find yourself in Bankole's situation.

IMO.
lol you got it wrong, u mean all public office holders passed through NYSC? What about those with part-time, OND and NCE holders? They allerged Bankole because he schooled abroad ( standard for foreign students that want to go into politice he/she must serve). If you have you exemption or exclusion you are covered go and find out.
Re: Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? by Elxandre(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2016
nogames:
lol you got it wrong, u mean all public office holders passed through NYSC? What about those with part-time, OND and NCE holders? They allerged Bankole because he schooled abroad. If you have you exemption or exclusion you are covered go and find out
I'm talking about Bsc graduates.
A bro I know was told to go get his NYSC cert before being employed in an oil&gas company.
Would one reject serving his country and there won't be any consequence?
I've heard severally that you would need your NYSC cert if you are going to be aspiring for political posts.

Well just saying sha.
Not being assertive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified / Federal Civil Service Recruitment 2017 /2018 / Complete Step By Step Guide To Writing A Successful CV (with Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.