Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,327 members, 7,839,554 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce (24720 Views)

Sen Bruce To FG: Visit Anambra For Tutorials Instead Of Denigrate Them-reactions / When Will Fg Pay January Salary? / Ben Bruce Says Employed People Should Pay 5% Tax To Help FG Pay 5k To Unemployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by biosepeter1(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2015
nnapal:
Seem somseone is desperate to remain relevant

Seem 'SOMSEONE' is desperate to remain relevant
... Hmm
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Favparis(f): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2015
I keep saying this, this man talks too much........
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Chai, Mr Ben Bruce just de fvck up anyhow
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Iamvictor(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2015
I don't know why we have unrealistic senators in Nigeria. " The employed should help Fed Gov pay the 5K" as if the employed were the one that made the promise.... PDP and APC making false promises since 1960
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Vainglory: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2015
The senator brought up a good idea that will make us all our brothers' keepers by contributing a widow's mite out of our income. This is just an idea that needs to be looked into. It doesn't have to be 5%. It could be 1% or even less. However, the comments I have read here simply show that Nigerians are selfish and uncaring folks. As long as they are happy, others can go to hell.. People are insulting the senator here because this will mean a small reduction in their take-home. Yes. I support the senator. If the Federal Government is reluctant, we the people can do it. There is no need to delay.
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Ferguson002: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2015
We need to impeach this man ben. Bruce from twitter senate president on twitter the man own don too much here complain complain everytime when him brothere dey there him keep mute now him open him basket mouth dey talk trash here
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Emenandez4lyf(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Ben Bruce or whatever u called yourself; why can't u let APC to fulfill their campaign promises ? Why are u involving the youth What! What!! What!!!, use my hard earned money to pay the unemployed, am i Buhari and Associates
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by wink2015(m): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2015
[size=15pt]Ben Murray Bruce is borrowing this tax idea from the comrade governor Adams Oshiomole of Edo state who has started land tax in GRA area of Benin city. Oshiomole as a visioner think that with the dwindling resources from oil it is necessary edo state start planning for other source of revenue.

Tinubu introduce similar tax while governor of Lagos state.

Plus or Minus, Government in Nigeria especially at the state level must find a way to address unemployment as it is a time bomb that has started exploding already with frequent bank robbery, kidnapping, etc

The Pdp administration of Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan worsen the economy of nigeria due to massive corruption.

I quite agree with Senator Ben Murray Bruce that the employed people (workers ) in Nigeria should be taxed to pay the N5,000.00 naira to the unemployed graduate or unemployed people. But I still think the government should also contribute their own part from the federation account as not all workers in Nigeria are gainfully employed. The government should also pay because their action contributed to the rot we have in our economy today.

It should be a joint project workers salary be deducted and government revenue be deducted to fully pay the N5,OOO.

In the phillippines and Germany, their nationals working overseas are taxed for the benefit of their home country.

[/size]
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by kunle75(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2015
ekseel:
Do you agree with him?

What happen to SINators collecting minimum wage or being paid on a part time basis.

Ben Bruce is gradually loosing it.... Why is he struggling so hard to be relevant in this administration

Senator "look like Obama with Obanikoro's Brain

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/664855667275001856

This man should shut a fu****k up and face his business of legislature he is been paid for and stop stooling all the internet and media
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by JustCurious: 10:21am On Nov 13, 2015
Loose lips sink ship.
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Panshow(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2015
hyfr:
That moment when you try take off her dross while she
pretend to be sleeping and she slightly raise up her hips to
help you then you know you have made it in life....😎😎
Hahaha.... . No be lie Bro
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by adonis89(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Love him or hate him, Senator Bruce is the Man.

Besides that's a very good suggestion.
yeah. But ediots on nl go just dey comment crap.
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by adonis89(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2015
Vainglory:
The senator brought up a good idea that will make us all our brothers' keepers by contributing a widow's mite out of our income. This is just an idea that needs to be looked into. It doesn't have to be 5%. It could be 1% or even less. However, the comments I have read here simply show that Nigerians are selfish and uncaring folks. As long as they are happy, others can go to hell.. People are insulting the senator here because this will mean a small reduction in their take-home. Yes. I support the senator. If the Federal Government is reluctant, we the people can do it. There is no need to delay.
ben bruce made a nyz suggestion but trust black ppl from africa ,they don't reason well. They hav 2 hands,2 legs but nothing in their brain.
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by moscobabs(m): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2015
ekseel:

He's gradually leaving obanikoro level to Doyin Okupe

u mean is demoting gradually

u are wicked!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by soladollar(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2015
Wow, nice breakdown, there is absolutely no justification to even suggest something like that... BMB is becoming a part of the insensitive ones

Ghandi12:
BMB used to enjoy a sublime respect from many but all his stands since becoming a Nigeria Senator has depicted him a pettish and unreliable politician.

He has spoken vociferously (pre-nass-inauguration) on how he was going to be the voice for commoners in the Senate but he has not made a single meaningful contribution on the floor since the Senate was inaugurated 5 months ago.

Social palliative for underprivileged in our society is a serious issue that deserves serious attention from our leaders - but a vague,impulsive and illogical recommendation from a 'commoner hope' like this has again confirmed "they do not really care about us".

# How would an overpaid politician justify a call for further dip in the take-home of an average tax-payer to pay underprivileged?

# Has BMB considered how many N5000 is derivable from N150/ N120 Billion (the current first-charge budget of the 469-membered-NASS)?
N150 Billion = N5, 000 x 30,000,000 people

# Has BMB considered how much N5000 is derivable from N29,479,749 (the current monthly take-home of a Nigeria Senator)

https://cattembam./breakdown-of-nigerian-senator-earnings/

N29 Million = N5, 000 x 5,800 people. In other words BMB as a Senator is taking home what 5,800 Nigerians may survive on every month.
So if One BMB (as a public servant) is taking home an equivalent of 5,800 needy needs; on what moral ground is he calling on much-less-paid and hard-working tax-payers to part more from their take-home that can hardly, even, take them home.

BMB is either over-rated, deliberately insensitive (like others) or/and lazy.
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2015
[size=13pt]This man is short of sense sometimes. You want to tax the salary earners who barely get by?

Mr man you are not speaking for the people you are just running your mouth annoyingly like a nagging wife. Just shut up and do your work[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by repogirl(f): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Ben Bruce, sometimes you make sense, other times you just brain dey derail off track.... Salary earners wey never finnish to support themselves in this hard economy, you wan still reduce dia money on top?

Abeg advice your government to create more jobs for unemployed instead of putting people out of jobs daily and unemployment will not be an issue anymore. That is correct thinking.
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by sodeek: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2015
undecided This man is actually apoda of d highest order...5k from how much ah dey earn? Aye eleyi ti baje oo
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by McLiossy: 10:40am On Nov 13, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Love him or hate him, Senator Bruce is the Man.

Besides that's a very good suggestion.
It Seems You're Unemployed. Sori Bro
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2015
kYjelly2:
Nigerians can be such daft beings men! Tell me why ppl are insulting this guy now for providing a workable solution to make the unrealistic APC campaign promise become a reality?

Just to open their mouths and yan trash is what most youth on nairaland an in Nigeria are known for mtcheew

Daft idiots on this thread, everyone of them.

Nd how does your comment separate you from the so called 'daft ones'
your brilliance is impressive shaaa
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by wink2015(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2015
[size=17pt]Come to Delta state, Rivers states, Akwa Ibom etc and see the money oil company workers are throwing away to their girl friend, harlots etc in hotel all for s e x you will realised that some category of Nigeria workers need to be tax to help the unemployed in Nigeria.

President Muhammadu Buhari should key into this idea of Ben Murray Bruce.

Shell workers wasting money for their girlfriends,

Chevron workers wasting their money for their girlfriends

NNPC workers wasting their money for their girlfriends.

What is N5,000 to an oil workers in Nigeria[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by MadCow1: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3068613_3_png10fb15c77258a991b0028080a64fb42d

Na ehn be say my Oga go start to pay me my salary Cash. angry

Na God go dent ben Murray Bruce yansh!

Already, I am grossly over taxed and he wants to add more. When minimum wage is still 20,000.

Which Constituency even vote this Mumu Man enter Senate sef? angry

We suppose carry them dash Cameroon as free gift wey follow Bakassi.. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by mbulela: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2015
This attention seeking man.
You just don't spout anything that comes out of your mouth.
What are taxes for?
The tax we pay so far, has it been justified?
The problem is not a lack of money in the system, the issue is the siphoning of same by few barbarians. Until that is addressed no sane person will contribute more to the commonwealth. I pay almost 20% of my earning as tax yet i produce everything myself; light, water, security and the only thing i don't provide - roads are in a sorry state.

1 Like

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by MadCow1: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2015
wink2015:
[size=17pt]Come to Delta state, Rivers states, Akwa Ibom etc and see the money oil company workers are throwing away to their girl friend, harlots etc in hotel all for s e x you will realised that some category of Nigeria workers need to be tax to help the unemployed in Nigeria.

President Muhammadu Buhari should key into this idea of Ben Murray Bruce.

Shell workers wasting money for their girlfriends,

Chevron workers wasting their money for their girlfriends

NNPC workers wasting their money for their girlfriends.

What is N5,000 to an oil workers in Nigeria[/size]

Are all Nigerians Oil Workers?

And this Girlfriend gist na just mumu talk.. What of the money your Papa dey waste on your mama daily?
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Goldencollins: 10:58am On Nov 13, 2015
Ghandi12:
BMB used to enjoy a sublime respect from many but all his stands since becoming a Nigeria Senator has depicted him a pettish and unreliable politician.

He has spoken vociferously (pre-nass-inauguration) on how he was going to be the voice for commoners in the Senate but he has not made a single meaningful contribution on the floor since the Senate was inaugurated 5 months ago.

Social palliative for underprivileged in our society is a serious issue that deserves serious attention from our leaders - but a vague,impulsive and illogical recommendation from a 'commoner hope' like this has again confirmed "they do not really care about us".

# How would an overpaid politician justify a call for further dip in the take-home of an average tax-payer to pay underprivileged?

# Has BMB considered how many N5000 is derivable from N150/ N120 Billion (the current first-charge budget of the 469-membered-NASS)?
N150 Billion = N5, 000 x 30,000,000 people

# Has BMB considered how much N5000 is derivable from N29,479,749 (the current monthly take-home of a Nigeria Senator)

https://cattembam./breakdown-of-nigerian-senator-earnings/

N29 Million = N5, 000 x 5,800 people. In other words BMB as a Senator is taking home what 5,800 Nigerians may survive on every month.
So if One BMB (as a public servant) is taking home an equivalent of 5,800 needy needs; on what moral ground is he calling on much-less-paid and hard-working tax-payers to part more from their take-home that can hardly, even, take them home.

BMB is either over-rated, deliberately insensitive (like others) or/and lazy.
pls this bmb salary is it per month or annually bcuz am seeing things here
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by bank2k4real(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2015
Ciscogod:
Lead by example sir.

Pledge 1% of your salary to the unemployed.

Yeah he should start by paying the unemployed in his constituency then others will follow suit
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Vainglory:

u are a hater.. illogical and bitter.

you want them from take from others and give you, instead of holding your local govt chairman, house of . member and constituency senator accountable you commending a useless senator for suggesting they tax hardworking individuals 5% extra on top the personal income tax nd insurance deductions already being removed from their salary.

you are wicked. you must be ibo

I am not dissing the tribe. just deduced it from the way you referring to naija like say na one small community.

1 Like

Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by RexTramadol1: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2015
I for gree buh.............

I no fit work make one boy dey use my money drink ogogoro or stra()ff.......ko possible!
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by AndyAustin(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Another Ole oloju wonko-wonko. See im face!!!
Re: The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce by Obadiah100(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Is the employed the ones that made the promise of 5K during campaign? APC should better fulfill their campaign promises or else...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Responds To Pdp’s Allegation Of Being 'heavily Bribed' By APC / Heavy Traffic In Ikeja, Lagos As APC Governor campaign flag-off / APC NEC: Why El-rufai, Akeredolu, Bello, Others Are Backing Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.