Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed (62707 Views)

Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by PointB: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2015
@Op,

The fact of the matter is this: Fashola is a big thief, the tribalist Yorubas are just propping him for political reasons!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by bjcuntis(m): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2015
Horlufemi:

Lobatan
nd what's dat?
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Ephemmm: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2015
palladin:
Yawns.

eboes trying hard to pull Fashola down.

Has anyone observed that anybody the eboes love tend to get doomed and unfortunate?

eboes loved PDP: pdp had the defeat of their life for the first time in 16yrs

eboes loved Jonathan: he was defeated and disgraced out of presidency

All was well for saraki till eboes started liking him. Now he has a huge case hanging on his head.

eboes loved jimi agbaje, he lost to ambode

eboes loved alameyesiegha, he is dead.

eboes love wike, he is now having tribunal issues

Ribadu crossed to pdp and eboes loved him, see as he lost the election.

Fanikayode crossed to pdp and eboes loved him now he had been reduced to a twitter dog

On the other hand, those hated by the eboes are rising

eboes hate amaechi: he is now a powerful federal minister

eboes hate fashola he is now a federal minister

eboes hate ngige, he is now a federal minister

eboes hate buhari, he is now the president.

eboes hate tinubu, he is jagabanning them

eboes hate OBJ he remains very relevant in Naija politics

The list is endless.

Ppl (esp South southerners) should take note that when the eboes start liking you, your doom is a stone throw away.

tongue tongue tongue This list is incomplete ooooo: don't you know that yeeeboos hate me too?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by jude33084(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Rubbish!

And this is your defense for obvious criminal double-standards and hypocrisy? Whose toes did she step on? And all the rubbish Fashola did by deporting Igbos....if that's not stepping on toes what would you call it?

Princess Stellas' only offense was agreeing to work as a Minister in this cursed country where a certain ethnic group feels the Aviation Ministry is their birthright!

Please do us a favour, we just read the defence of Fashola on the website saga, can we also hear the defence madam Stella Oduah gave wink

Atleast let us not be one sided smiley

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by okwadatigbogal: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

Proof please.

I pray God forgives u for this terrible and wicked lie u just told. That is why I don't usually join issues with u small school kids on nairaland. U are a bloody bigot and a tribalist. I can tell u have never visited any airport and even if u did, u never visited pre- stella. Stella is the BEST aviation minister Nigeria has ever produced. What Borisade and fani-kayode combined could not achieve, stella achieved it under few years of her reign. The aviation sector is a volatile one and I noticed the Yorubas feel that they own it, so they have always tried to frustrate any non- yoruba at the helm of affairs. Pls tell the truth and stop this irritating bigotry. It's a shame we Nigerian youths are following the path of our parents in the way we hate and malign each other. angry

Lol...sorry Chuna..I was supposed to quote gwales, the guy u replied. It's an error on my part

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by ifyalways(f): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2015
mikolo80:
it has nothing to do with the amount of money looted but with the popularity of the public servant. fashola did not step on toes, Stella foolishly did. end of story
Really?

so you agree Fashola is corrupt too but a smart one? And what Nigeria needs is a smart criminal?

It's okayyyyy

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by homirefacuny(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Rubbish!

And this is your defense for obvious criminal double-standards and hypocrisy? Whose toes did she step on? And all the rubbish Fashola did by deporting Igbos....if that's not stepping on toes what would you call it?

Princess Stellas' only offense was agreeing to work as a Minister in this cursed country where a certain ethnic group feels the Aviation Ministry is their birthright!
There you go again with ethnic palava.... Must you be tribal?? Much as I accept your opinion.... Bringing ethnic ish to the table is way out of it. Shalom
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by menxer: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2015
gsparks01:
OMG When una go leave matter?? Fash is still the best Governor ever regardless of any scandal hovering around him. There's nothing anyone can do about that
On the other hand, Oduah's achievements include what and what??

Don't blame them, it's for lack of any significant achievement while in office that the Oduah's case is still.... (I stand corrected oooo)

What else is she remembered for as Minister if not the nuclear bomb proof car? grin

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Fathai(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2015
palladin:
Yawns.

Has anyone observed that anybody the eboes love tend to get doomed and unfortunate?

All was well for saraki till eboes started liking him. Now he has a huge case hanging on his head.

Fanikayode crossed to pdp and eboes loved him now he had been reduced to a twitter dog

The list is endless.

Ppl (esp South southerners) should take note that when the eboes start liking you, your doom is a stone throw away.

chai odikwa crazyy
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by homirefacuny(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

Ur a very big foooooool
Sorry for quoting you.... The guy is right in this case.
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by repogirl(f): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2015
kYjelly2:
Stella oduah was hounded for spending 255 million for bullet proof cars as a minister while Fashola who spent 78 million naira for a common website is hailed as the beacon of change undecided

Lets even do some analysis, isn't what Stella bought closer to the amount she spent, than what fashola spent in relation to what he got

In other words, isn't it easier to get away with 255 million for 2 bullet proof cars than it is to get away with 78 million naira for a brochure website any where in the world

Yet he got away, due to naijas never ending hypocrisy undecided

Practical example, BMW has a bullet proof X5 going for 110,000 pounds. multiply by two, that would be 220,000 pounds. that only resists ak47 shells but isn't blast proof. we can argue for sake of argument that blast proofing would increase the price tag and get the number closer to 500,000 pounds or more.

Now please tell me a brochure site that has ever been created for more than 500,000 naira before anywhere in the world. A brochure site is different from an application, which nairaland and facebook are and even those were created by young kids just meddling with what they loved.

So how is it that one was hounded and the other was not even question by the EFCC and allowed to sail into a ministry as a minster?

One was removed while being a minister, while the other is accepted even with a more obvious misappropriation case to answer to.

It just seems naija is filled with hyprocrites.

Now back to the praise singing of Fashola the change that will change ministry, mtcheew.

As always, for the love of country, this country will get better by fire by fore, but the hypocrites will answer one day, if not here then in the life beyond, mtcheew undecided
OP, you are a hundred percent on point. Only fools take Nigerian politricks seriously. Politicians are all greedy thieves, only after what they can steal but it is we the people I am most sorry for.

Especially those gullible ones easily taken for a ride, swallowing every bullshit propaganda thrown at them, refusing to clearly see the antics and convenient stories these politricktians feed them.

I have resigned my self to the fact that they are all thieves but a few at least perform while in office and those ones are better than the ones who just do nothing but to steal.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by ogunwalea(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2015
Lanretoye:
If I were you,I would just get a lawyer and take him to court. If you win,you will probably gain more popularity throughout the country than what u gain if this ur thread hits up to 10 pages on NL.

O ye haters!,get a job. You always go lower as you try to pull down someone at the top.

Are you a student of OOU? Cos that bold phrase is a common term in Bus. Admin OOU
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by homirefacuny(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2015
TonySpike:

With the conservative estimate you put up there, I would say the cost of website maintenance in Lagos might be higher. Let us assume that this Fashola's website has about 20 pages, that would cost #200,000 per week from your estimate. In four years, this would cost nothing less than #40 million Naira. That's still about #38 million short. Interesting, this is just basic website maintenance analysis though..
Thank God we still av dudes that knows much abt Web Development on here. Some comments here are so Lame. In fact Nairalanders need to improve.
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2015
okwadatigbogal:

I pray God forgives u for this terrible and wicked lie u just told. That is why I don't usually join issues with u small school kids on nairaland. U are a bloody bigot and a tribalist. I can tell u have never visited any airport and even if u did, u never visited pre- stella. Stella is the BEST aviation minister Nigeria has ever produced. What Borisade and fani-kayode combined could not achieve, stella achieved it under few years of her reign. The aviation sector is a volatile one and I noticed the Yorubas feel that they own it, so they have always tried to frustrate any non- yoruba at the helm of affairs. Pls tell the truth and stop this irritating bigotry. It's a shame we Nigerian youths are following the path of our parents in the way we hate and malign each other. angry

Lol...sorry Chuna..I was supposed to quote gwales, the guy u replied. It's an error on my part

I understand dear. No problermo
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by 2baga(m): 8:55am On Nov 13, 2015
kYjelly2:
...and for those about to say Fashola never did that blah blah blah, please we all know he tried to defend himself with a flimsy response about children this and that, mtcheew.

Read it yourselves, I believe it was posted here as well

[b]Setting the Records Straight
A Statement by his Excellency, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN the immediate past Governor of Lagos State

“When you wrestle with a pig, the pig gets happy and you get dirty.”

This statement of profound wisdom informed my silence in the wake of manipulated and unsubstantiated allegations of wrongdoing recently being levelled against me. They started a few weeks to the end of my tenure, and have continued till date.

They range from allegations of extra marital paternity of children, to mundane and phantom conspiracy in the National Assembly, a debt profile for Lagos State and lately a website upgrade contract of N78million, which is being distorted.

In so far as the allegations of paternity are concerned, they are wicked and false. I have no biological children other than my two children.

Of course, I adopted three children who became orphaned as a result of the tragic DANA Airplane crash of 2012 and the adoption followed due process. Those who do not care whether they hurt innocent children or invade the privacy of other citizens in their mindless rage against me will have their rewards served upon them in the fullness of time.

As far as my alleged involvement in the National Assembly elections are concerned, they remain only the products of the imagination of those who made the allegations. I was out of the country at the material time and returned only in the early hours of that morning to Abuja, and from there proceeded to Lagos.

As far as debts of Lagos State are concerned, the fact is that Lagos had always had depts. her population is growing and for a long time she has run deficit budgets to cater to the needs of that growing population.

All the debts contracted in my time were approved by the Parliament in the annual budgets, some have been paid back and the financial status was healthy and stable when I left. The outlook for the state and her rating by Fitch was long-term foreign and local currency IDRs at ‘BB-‘, short-term IDR at ‘B’ and national long-term rating at ‘AA+(nag)’.

When we all pause and reflect and think, we will realise that there are a sizeable number of companies who are running business, who have no responsibility for Security, Public Health, Public Education and other responsibilities of Government, who borrow more than Lagos State Government, whether collectively or individually.

As far as the website contract is concerned, yes there was a contract, It went through procurement and was approved by the Government agency authorised to do so.

One of the services was an “upgrade” quoted for N12.5 million but awarded for N12 million. There were other services that were new; like a handover countdown clock, mobile Apps for Google, for IOS and iPad, forMicrosoft and for Research in Motion (Blackberry), which the existing website did not have, as well as the annual maintenance cost of managing the website.

It was for all these services that the contract was issued for N78 million, which the Lagos State procurement agency gave a No objection based on the advice of the Ministry of Science and Technology, who are the Government adviser on ICT matters.

In publishing this Contract award which was the Government tradition under my watch, the procurement agency’s website summarised it as “upgrade” only without detailing the other services and this has been distorted by the agents of hate as their suspected “smoking gun”.

For those who are familiar with mobile applications, they will know that users either pay for them online or download them for free.

What is usual is that applications for service are usually provided to users free, but somebody bears the cost.

Since these applications were to be made available to the public for free access and to assist Government communication, we decided to pay for them.

The entire documents are with the Lagos State Government and are available for those who seek the truth. For the record, since 2008, long before the Freedom of Information Act ever passed, we had put out our contracts on the State website because people deserve to know.
It is regrettable that a “summary” of the contract has been deliberately distorted to misinform the public.

This particular website came into being as a result of the decision I made to make my telephone number public for the several thousands of people seeking to reach me daily.

The website that is now under attack helped me to do my job and to respond to citizens, and the contract was issued to run till my last day of office. It stands logic upside down for to “fraudulently” award a contract and then have it published on a website.

To date, there have been 27.666 million hits on this website with 1,844 videos, 34,381 photographs, 2,531 Press Releases and 595 Speeches, among other items for public communication.

I have chosen to make this personal response because as the head of government at the time of the transaction, the buck as they say stops on my desk and also because of the many calls, text messages and mails coming from many people seeking clarification; and to prevent fiction from being mistaken for truth.

I expect that there may be more distorted allegations without evidence, for reasons that remain in the realm of speculation because, I have been informed reliably that large amounts of money are being paid to some of these agents to bear false witness.

I cannot conclude without responding to the crusade of CACOL and their ilk, seeking my prosecution on allegations that have no proof and writing “pre-emptive” letters to the Presidency.

In case they are unaware, I am not looking for a job. I expect them to know that allegations of wrong doing are not resolved without evidence, neither are they resolved in press conferences.

I have served my state, and by extension, my country for Twelve and half years and I did so with my heart.

I am taking the rest that I believe I have earned.

For those who still wish to remain in the mud, they should look in the mirror.

For those who wish to throw mud at me, they should look at their own hands.

As for me, I have moved on. My job is done.

Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN.
[/b]

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/08/13/must-read-fashola-personally-responds-to-n75-million-website-saga/

nicely said
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by coolzeal(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2015
The best thing for this country is disintegration, at least each nation will handle their own thief.. ONE NIGERIA CANNOT WORK.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by homirefacuny(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2015
repogirl:

I have resigned my self to the fact that they are all thieves but a few at least perform while in office and those ones are better than the ones who just do nothing but to steal.
I love you and I think Fashola falls in this first category not the second.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by nobodysmanrob(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2015
petrelli07:

I think the fact that you can't differentiate between "their" and "there" should be more worrisome to you than matters that are simply beyond your level of comprehension..
grin grin grin
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by OLADD: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2015
Thank you OP. This is one of the reasons I hate APC with passion. If there's anything I detest to my bone marrow, it's hypocrisy. This attests to the fact that APC and their praise-singers are the most devilish personalities around. Blaming and condemning others for the same evil committed by them is the most despicable thing on earth but they get away with it because the 15million Nigerians that voted for the party have the same personalities . If anybody is looking for the twin-brother of APC, it's Satan. They are wolves in sheep's skin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by connoisseur1: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2015
Mekky05:
Op,that's naija for you! ***Modified*** FTC again? A whole lot of things is still keeping our country tied up on the ground,I keep on saying it over and over again.. Amalgamation of 1914 should be termed one of the greatest mistakes or decisions of the 19th century,it should be in the Guiness World Records. Nairalanders, do have a lovely weekend ahead.
You are funny. So amalgamation makes people corrupt abi?
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by LastProphet: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2015
the reason is that ibos by nature are shortsighted and too arrogant to know it. thats why an ibo does not mind cheating to make a penny now even if it cost him a pound tomorrow. ibos are dumb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Horlufemi(m): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2015
bjcuntis:
nd what's dat?

Tunde is a thief.
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by wiseoneking: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2015
kYjelly2:
Stella oduah was hounded for spending 255 million for bullet proof cars as a minister while Fashola who spent 78 million naira for a common website is hailed as the beacon of change undecided

Lets even do some analysis, isn't what Stella bought closer to the amount she spent, than what fashola spent in relation to what he got

In other words, isn't it easier to get away with 255 million for 2 bullet proof cars than it is to get away with 78 million naira for a brochure website any where in the world

Practical example, BMW has a bullet proof X5 going for 110,000 pounds. multiply by two, that would be 220,000 pounds. that only resists ak47 shells but isn't blast proof. we can argue for sake of argument that blast proofing would increase the price tag and get the number closer to 500,000 pounds or more.

Now please tell me a brochure site that has ever been created for more than 500,000 naira before anywhere in the world. A brochure site is different from an application, which nairaland and facebook are and even those were created by young kids just meddling with what they loved.

So how is it that one was hounded and the other was not even question by the EFCC and allowed to sail into a ministry as a minster?

One was removed while being a minister, while the other is accepted even with a more obvious misappropriation case to answer to.

Now back to the praise singing of Fashola the change that will change ministry, mtcheew.

As always, for the love of country, this country will get better by fire by fore, but the hypocrites will answer one day, if not here then in the life beyond, mtcheew undecided
Honestly you are a quick smart writer. I wish sahara reporter and punch should hire you for insight deep reportage. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Donclaracuzo: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2015
Being 3 days old on nairaland and writing out stories that shows that you reason from A-nus, makes one understand your age! Your history didn't tell you that Ndi Igbo supported Shagari and he became the president , in 1999, Ndi Igbo supported Obj your brother while the waste didn't give him a support and he won. Falae as a top afenifere chief was the top choice of the waste side and he didn't see the light at Aso Rock. Ndi gave Obj the highest support and block vote of which he never got from his waste side through out his stay as the president and you said that No one can win election if he or she has the support of Ndi Igbo. Ndi igbo with their golden fingers, supported Late President Yardua to Jonathan with their block votes while the waste were in support of their tribalistic party AcN. Now, tell me how your vote made Buhari to become president in today's Nigeria while the result of Enugu state cancelled all the result of 5 APc state in the waste. While re-writing your WAEC next year, try to read to pass. Congrats in advance!

palladin

post=39965014:

Yawns.

The list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Horlufemi(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2015
OLADD:
Thank you OP. This is one of the reasons I hate APC with passion. If there's anything I detest to my bone marrow, it's hypocrisy. This attests to the fact that APC and their praise-singers are the most devilish personalities around. Blaming and condemning others for the same evil committed by them is the most despicable thing on earth but they get away with it because the 15million Nigerians that voted for the party have the same personalities . If anybody is looking for the twin-brother of APC, it's Satan. They are wolves in sheep's skin.

See Saint
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by LastProphet: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2015
petrelli07:
@OP... Let's end this confusion... In Fashola's case, the #78 million may have been a little excessive but let's not forget that this was a four year contract that uploaded videos, pictures and statements of a sitting governor at least twice a week. I am a web developer/programmer and I charge clients in enugu 5k per page for maintenance. Imagine it was Gov. Ugwuanyi I was charging... Again what vindicated fashola was the fact that the contract was budgeted for and passed through due process. In Stella oduah's case, she just woke up one morning and decided to buy bulletproof BMWs.... That's a big no-no in government finance. if it's not budgeted for, don't buy it...

thank you for educating ibos since alaba market is not a likely place to getting it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Mekky05(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2015
connoisseur1:

You are funny. So amalgamation makes people corrupt abi?
Dude,did you go tru all the comments posted? Simply put, Nigeria is a forced union of different peeps with different ideologies. Hope that helps.
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by eagleonearth(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2015
Mekky05:
Op,that's naija for you! ***Modified*** FTC again? A whole lot of things is still keeping our country tied up on the ground,I keep on saying it over and over again.. Amalgamation of 1914 should be termed one of the greatest mistakes or decisions of the 19th century,it should be in the Guiness World Records. Nairalanders, do have a lovely weekend ahead.
1914 is in the 20th century.
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by simplisity(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2015
mikolo80:
you pass waec so
where did I defend looting
question was asked, opinion was given
why you foaming at the mouth
dem de pay you
deportees don't have toes (sad but fact)
Stella's (all ibos) mistake was trying to replace all department heads(local Champions, principalities) with her Ibo click(wen no get mouth for aviation industry)
in politics and power play you choose your battles wisely
she didn'
she paid for it
do you see fashola raising shoulder for tinubu
U need to master ur mood when u comment. U dont comment with a biased and tribalised mind. U shld be able to convince us of how truthful ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by bjcuntis(m): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Horlufemi:

Tunde is a thief.
Taaaa! Dnt go there
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by bjcuntis(m): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Horlufemi:

Tunde is a thief.
Taaaa! Dnt go there
Re: Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2015
kYjelly2:

ur papa...oh na America I de,, ur dad.....Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Can’t Pay N55m Nomination Fee - Buhari To APC / Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Sahara Reporters Posts Dino Melaye's Foreign Account Details And Check Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.