Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Naijaborn.com Search 1.0 Release - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naijaborn.com Search 1.0 Release (946 Views)

Free Crestpress V 1.0.3 Wordpress Mobile Press Templates / Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naijaborn.com Search 1.0 Release by mambenanje(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2009
Naijaborn.com Team is pleased to announce the naijaborn.com search module.[if you wish to test it email info@naijaborn.com]
After working for two weeks on engineering, design, coding and testing we can say we have the naijaborn.com search release 1.0. As usual we built it from scratch with little or no third party packages wink.
Search Ranking
The search results are ranked as a factor of user activity on the naijaborn.com platform. if you register and stay out of it, you will surely appear at the bottom of all search results that match your details wink.

This is a happy moment here at the labs of Naijaborn mainly because we see alot of future in this module.

How is this important?
Case 1:
I just entered Lagos and I want to meet software developers in Lagos. I hit naijaborn.com and I search for "software developer lagos", I contact them and then I am able to network with like minded people in Lagos.
Same applies to going abroad, say you travel to London and you wish to meet nigerian entrepreneurs in London, all you do on naijaborn is search for "entrepreneur london".

Case 2:
I land on a website like aimtechng.com and I want to know the people behind the company. all I need to do is search naijaborn.com for the term "aimtechng.com" and I will automatically see naijaborn Ahmad Mukoshy in the result. This way its easy to know the team behind a web project or a company then get to contact them directly.

Future:
[mobile] The future of this search module could apply to mobile. Imagine something like IYAM.MOBI integrated to naijaborn.com and you can search for Nigerians world wide using simple SMS messages and get response via SMS. I can stand in Calabar and wish to contact a medical doctor. I will just take my phone send sms "medical doctor Calabar",   --- read on more at http://blog.naijaborn.com and if you wish to test the platform please send email to info@naijaborn.com

(1) (Reply)

Does Any Webmaster Know More About Cloudfront For Hosting Slow-loading Webstes? / How Can I Get A Merchant Account For My Website / How are apartment listing sites built?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.