Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him (39035 Views)

Sanusi Wanted to Expose GEJ But He Was Sacked And Accused Of Funding Boko Haram / Dr. Adesina Sworn-In As Afdb President In Abidjan (photos) / Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
[b]Money Wey No Get Receipt

As part of the accounting for the difference of $20bn between what was received and what was paid to the federation, NNPC submitted some other costs it claimed it had incurred as part of its operations. In total, these costs came to just $2.8bn as shown below

As an auditor, when someone tells you they have spent this amount of money, what do you do? You guessed right, you ask for receipts.

A big chunk of the costs were for pipeline maintenance contracts. Anyway, NNPC could not provide any evidence for $305m of the money it claimed to have spent as the breakdown below shows

Perhaps it thought PwC won’t ask for evidence. Some of it is quite hilarious (one must laugh when one cannot cry). In January and March 2012, it claimed to have paid salaries totalling $14m. No evidence to back it up. In November 2012, it claimed to have paid another $6m in salaries. Again, no evidence to back it up. Who was it paid to? Mr Who.

Almost $60m went on ‘charter hire’. To charter what? When you find out, tell me (Actually I know what this ‘charter’ is – it is the payment for the Petroleum Minister’s jet i.e. NNPC was paying for the cost of purchasing the jet on her behalf. But please don’t quote me). For January 2013, it entered a cost of $31m. But PwC found that this was the same cost it had claimed in 2012. When asked for the evidence for the January 2013 payment, it presented the same evidence as the one for January 2012. It claims to have spent $2.6m on buying cars. No evidence. $48m ‘right of way’ costs. No evidence. And so on and so forth.

Also, as you can see from above, in return for all the selfless and glorious work NNPC is doing for the country, it paid itself a total of $1.5bn in salaries for the 18 months in question that PwC looked into.

http://aguntasolo.com/2015/04/29/this-yam-this-goat-this-country-part-1/[/b]

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
[b]NPDC – Awon Bad Guys

When some people commit murder in broad daylight. They don’t run away. They light a cigar and sit down beside the dead body waiting for police to arrive. When the police arrive and ask who killed the person, they confidently say it was them. People like these are known as bad guys and NPDC is one of such people.

NPDC refused to cooperate with PwC for the audit. It did not submit any information or provide any help.

PwC then had to obtain information from a variety of sources (including NPDC’s website) to try to ascertain how much exactly it should have paid to the federation.

NPDC was summoned to the Senate sometime last year and they gave a presentation of their operations. The $6.815bn figure above in the NPDC column is what they claimed as the amount of oil they lifted. PwC also tried to verify this with the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) who gave them the $6.886bn figure. Finally, PwC tried to calculate the figures themselves and ended up with the $5.6bn figure.

Because they are bad guys, NPDC calculated their own tax and decided that the amount they owed to FIRS in taxes was $1.14bn. Out of this amount, they claimed they had graciously paid $863m to FIRS but do not yet feel like paying the rest. However, it was discovered that the actual amount  paid was $838m – the $26m difference being due to a ‘mistake’ in counting the same payment twice. Please don’t shout at them so they don’t get angry and refuse to pay the rest of the money.

All told, NPDC is holding on to $5.11bn that it has not remitted to NNPC (NNPC is the owner of NPDC so it should collect the money from NPDC and send to the federation account). This is PwC’s conservative estimate of what NPDC has withheld from Nigeria. Perhaps when the time comes for them to pay the money, in keeping with the goat and yam principle, they might tell us that they spent half of it on ‘costs’ and can only remit $2bn or something. We await that day.

http://aguntasolo.com/2015/04/29/this-yam-this-goat-this-country-part-1/[/b]
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by JayonDennis(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
smiley
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by JayonDennis(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
All I can say about ur yeye quote is... Uwaka.. U weh knw money pass... U brain pass people weh accuse am Uwaka wawa
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by divinehand2003(m): 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
smuth:

Mumu, Deizani challenged you to produce facts that she stole money and not trash. If you have no facts please shut your mouth and cover your face in shame. Period.

it's only a foolish man that will believe she didn't steal. Oya RECEIVE BRAIN + SENSE NOWWWWWW

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by smuth(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
divinehand2003:

it's only a foolish man that will believe she didn't steal. Oya RECEIVE BRAIN + SENSE NOWWWWWW

And it is only fools like you that will call someone a thief without evidence... Oya bring ya head, no fear na...bring ya head and collect kunk.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by divinehand2003(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
smuth:

And it is only fools like you that will call someone a thief without evidence... Oya bring ya head, no fear na...bring ya head and collect kunk.

Why the quarrel on top another person matter. I beg make we forget joor

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
Revisiting PWC: Did Emir Sanusi Lie Against Diezani Madueke

PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations.

https://www.nairaland.com/2736550/revisiting-pwc-did-emir-sanusi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
divinehand2003:
Madam, pls explain how you had $9 billion stashed away at overseas.

Pls, give us evidence pls? I promise you I'll personally task EFCC to act quick
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by friends4ever(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Boscojugunu:
NOTED. please kindly return our 13 billion pounds. thanks

Rant officer, get your a job.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by friends4ever(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
Boscojugunu:
NOTED. please kindly return our 13 billion pounds. thanks

Rant officer, get your a job grin
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by OnReflection: 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Maybe you should be reminded that even Okonjo Iweala later admit that about half of the amount mentioned by Sanusi was unaccounted for at a period.

Sanusi never accused anyone of stealing $20b but he said the money was supposed to be remitted to the CBN but was never remitted till this moment.

It helps his cause to distort Sanusi's assertions.
How else is he going to earn the cheap 'likes' which he gets a pleasurable kick from?

You see, only enlightened minds ask sensible questions on these boards.
Questions like: how can the current government propose to double our nation's annual budget, within the space of a year, if excess and unremitted funds were not being siphoned in the first place?

It is difficult engaging folks with poor tools of analysis in a debate, I tell you. angry

3 Likes

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by bonechamberlain(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

And the PWC report after Auditing showed that Sanusi was right. $13 Billion dollars was not remitted at a particular time. Bringing up court issues is deviating from the topic. Deizani lied in that Article above.

So Diezani should not make it look as if Emir Sanusi made a false report.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by bonechamberlain(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

And the PWC report after Auditing showed that Sanusi was right. $13 Billion dollars was not remitted at a particular time. Bringing up court issues is deviating from the topic. Deizani lied in that Article above.

!!
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by bonechamberlain(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

oga "u are begging the question on this issue" .. sanusi was right ok fine what next. is it by tarnishing her image in the media, is not for the fg to take sanusi's fact and prosecute the woman using all legal means. what are they still waiting for. this is not a military regime where one man decides who stole or who is guilty or not, we have proper agencies or bodies who are responsible for treating matters of accusations. the court is one of them, like I have always said let the fg take her to court if truly sanusi was right.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
bonechamberlain:
oga "u are begging the question on this issue" .. sanusi was right ok fine what next. is it by tarnishing her image in the media, is not for the fg to take sanusi's fact and prosecute the woman using all legal means. what are they still waiting for. this is not a military regime where one man decides who stole or who is guilty or not, we have proper agencies or bodies who are responsible for treating matters of accusations. the court is one of them, like I have always said let the fg take her to court if truly sanusi was right.

What about Diezani who is unrepentant and continues to lie about Emir Sanusi's report despite undeniable proof?

The woman should stop lying. The more she does it, the more she weakens her integrity.

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by monex(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
wheredemdey:

Ogbeni do you know what 13 and 9billion dollars is??.....do you even know how much is the entire nigerias annual budget that just one person will take away a whopping 13billion dollars??

Pls read more and grow a brain if possible...we all know diezani stole but not to that amount people are banding about..

You are a youth...dont subscribe to beer parlour gossip and call figures like some village drunk or those newspaper stand guys.
abi o. how propaganda sells in this country is worrisome. even the we all know she stle is based on perception. i believe she stole but i honestly have nothing concrete to prove it so we need the courts to hurry up.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by bonechamberlain(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

What about Diezani who is unrepentant and continues to lie about Emir Sanusi's report despite undeniable proof?

The woman should stop lying. The more she does it, the more she weakens her integrity.
to her she is saying the truth to you she is lying, now who do we call to investigate the truth and the lie. I repeat let them take her to court if she is lying cause to her she is clean .
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by shamecurls(m): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
The woman now reasons like Obanikoro sad sad sad
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by ibietela2(m): 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
henryhemon:

I won't join issues with your likes. It's easier to stone someone accused of stealing phone thru mob action but when its a politician we ask for proofs.

The same applies to you
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by frank442: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
chukwudi44:

The problem is that Sanusi could not substantiate his claims!! The fool was even sounding confused!! He started with $49Billion then after sometime cam down to $10billion and finally went up again to $20 billion!! So which of this figures should we deal with? Where are the facts behind the allegations?

The facts that the Buhari government has not found anything worthwhile to press charges against her means there is little truth to these allegations.
Then why her arrest in London

She is a bigger thief. Shikana

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
bonechamberlain:
to her she is saying the truth to you she is lying, now who do we call to investigate the truth and the lie. I repeat let them take her to court if she is lying cause to her she is clean .

No one needs to take her to court to prove she is lying. The PWC report already proved that Emir Sanusi was saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by bonechamberlain(m): 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

No one needs to take her to court to prove she is lying. The PWC report already proved that Emir Sanusi was saying the truth.
if the govt can't use that report to nail her then it should forever keep quiet.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
bonechamberlain:
if the govt can't use that report to nail her then it should forever keep quiet.

Stop playing the victim card. This is not about nailing her. I also pity her and I am not here to canvass for them to nail her.

I just want to expose the lie she is peddling. The report proved it. That was why Okonjo Iweala, GEJ and Diezani sat on the report until after the election. If they were still in power, that report will not surface. So leave all those go to court talk.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by OnReflection: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b][color=#770077]The woman should stop lying
. The more she does it, the more she weakens her integrity.[/color][/b]

It is good to read the opinions of commentators who are not blinkered by madam's gaunt look or various hagiographies doing the round, during this image-laundering weekend.

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by Ndolarr: 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shame on Dele Momodu for agreeing to be the medium for Diezani to manipulate facts publicly to receive some sympathy! The cock and bull story above is sickening! Recall that Diezani manipulated KPMG (?) audit report on NNPC to sell a dummy to Nigerians! Many of us were not deceived anyway, and events later proved us right! Dele can collect dirty dollars from Diezani to launder her image, but some of us cannot be deceived! Shame on both the interviewer ind interviewee! Both of them lack integrity!

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by iamhorseman(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
chukwudi44:

The problem is that Sanusi could not substantiate his claims!! The fool was even sounding confused!! He started with $49Billion then after sometime cam down to $10billion and finally went up again to $20 billion!! So which of this figures should we deal with? Where are the facts behind the allegations?

The facts that the Buhari government has not found anything worthwhile to press charges against her means there is little truth to these allegations.
sorry to say..u are a mooron for calling an Emir a fool..can u call ur Eze or Obi..or all ths ur coomon cheifs a fool...ode..oponu ayirada...
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by bonechamberlain(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Stop playing the victim card. This is not about nailing her. I also pity her and I am not here to canvass for them to nail her.

I just want to expose the lie she is peddling. The report proved it. That was why Okonjo Iweala, GEJ and Diezani sat on the report until after the election. If they were still in power, that report will not surface. So leave all those go to court talk.
u are exposing a lie, while the person u accuse of lying is saying she is telling the truth, its now left for you to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she isn't lying, and remember the govt wasn't accusing her of lying, I don't know where u got ur own pwc report from. the govt is accusing her of corrupt practices which up till now it hasn't presented its fact of allegation against the woman.

no one is playing any victim card, u are trying to be the judge in ur own case, ( nemo judex in casus sua) which is total rubbish.
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by aristosoft(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
Na now Madam remember say Sanusi is her friend. Why was this concealed for this long?
#LobbyingWhileRunning......the case be like.... I didn't do it but don't deny me now cheesy

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
bonechamberlain:
u are exposing a lie, while the person u accuse of lying is saying she is telling the truth, its now left for you to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she isn't lying, and remember the govt wasn't accusing her of lying, I don't know where u got ur own pwc report from. the govt is accusing her of corrupt practices which up till now it hasn't presented its fact of allegation against the woman.

no one is playing any victim card, u are trying to be the judge in ur own case, ( nemo judex in casus sua) which is total rubbish.

[b]The PWC report I talked about was made Public by GEJ and Diezani.

In an interview with the Financial Times of London, published Monday, Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, said the government could not publish the report ahead of elections as only the country’s Auditor General has the powers to do so.

Even more important, the minister said the government was not making the report public to avoid a “rabid opposition”- a reference to the APC – from finding “all sorts of minute detail [in the full report] to create concern”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177469-missing-20-million-oil-money-why-we-cant-publish-full-details-of-audit-report-nigerian-govt.html.

Please read and stop making the truth look like a lie. The report I am talking about, Diezani had it with her for a long time. It is the same report published by PWC after auditing NNPC.

When someone supports a lie, he can only lie. There can never be truth in supporting a lie.
[/b]
Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
bonechamberlain:

PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations. The auditors found that the total gross revenues generated from the federal government of Nigeria crude oil liftings was $69.34bn from January 2012 to July 2013.

The total cash remitted into the government's accounts in relation to crude oil lifting was $50.81bn, leaving $18.53bn unaccounted for.

The report raised serious questions about the level of transparency and corporate structure of the national oil company.

http://www.internationalaccountingbulletin.com/news/pwc-forensic-report-on-oil-revenues-unveils-nigerias-demons-4570423

You can lie to the World but not to yourself. Did I write the above article? Is it not Diezani and co. that contacted PWC that exposed their corrupt practices?

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him by abokikhalifa: 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
wheredemdey:

Ogbeni do you know what 13 and 9billion dollars is??.....do you even know how much is the entire nigerias annual budget that just one person will take away a whopping 13billion dollars??

Pls read more and grow a brain if possible...we all know diezani stole but not to that amount people are banding about..

You are a youth...dont subscribe to beer parlour gossip and call figures like some village drunk or those newspaper stand guys.
okay sir, you way sabi, how much did she steal sir?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zainab Asari Dokubo Is Dead. Accident Kills Asari Dokubo's Wife / Osun Election Tribunal Judgement: Osun State Govt Issues Press Release- Details / Hanan Buhari Celebrates Six Months In Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.