Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze (39039 Views)

Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Rivers High Court Building On Fire / Confusion As Police Break Into Rivers High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by jagabanare(m): 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
JUST IN: RIVERS STATE ON FIRE via Jasper
Azuatalam
Two courts in Rivers State allegedly burnt down
as the prepare to arraign Evans Bibi for
contempt of court orders because he still lays
claim to the office of the Rivers State Speaker
after the court ruled and ordered that he should
refraining from doing so. I am not a prophet but
I can predict that if some people are not called
to order by the appropriate authorities, Yobe
state and Zamfara will be a joke compared to
Rivers State in few weeks. It is easier to destroy
than to build. What you destroy in days may not
be build in years. We hear that the crisis in the
North is a religious crisis, is the one in Rivers
also a religious crises.
Details coming soon

6 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by geeez: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Why can't they let the state be?

Why would the CP withdraw the governor's aides?

Why should Amaechi, after winning the NGF's election not be allowed to lead the forum?

Why should Chidi Lloyd, after his attack on a fellow member, not be prosecuted?

How come Evans Bipi was able to take over the House with a handful of members?

I'm on the side of justice and equity as far as the state is concerned

64 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by gleaf: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Very unfortunate that this crisis is degenerating at the expense of democratic dividends the people suppose to be enjoying,rather these men are terrifying the masses...God help us

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Joyfullyme: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abeg has Bipi been arrested before we would talk of arraignment?
Let us think before we talk.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
The forces of darkness are committed to enthroning a breakdown of law and order in Rivers state.

Breaking News: Rivers High Court bombed, set ablaze

06/01/2014

A High Court in Rivers State, South-South Nigeria, has been bombed and set ablaze by yet-to-be identified persons.

Ahoada East High Court was bombed and set ablaze this morning, according to information reaching News Express from the area.

Tension had been high in the area since last month when the Presiding Judge, Hon. Justice C. N. Wali, delivered a ruling barring Hon. Evans Bipi, leader of the G6 rebel members of the Rivers State House of Assembly, from parading himself as Speaker of the Assembly.

The bombing of the court came on the heels of reports that the police and military authorities in Rivers are under pressure to release the six suspected armed thugs of Hon. Bipi and Senator George Sekibo arrested over the weekend by the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) in Ogu (hometown of the two politicians) in Rivers State.

Sekibo and Bipi are both close political allies of Dame Patience Jonathan, wife of President Goodluck Jonathan and a political enemy of Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi.

“Mrs Jonathan was said to have ordered (the state Police Commissioner Joseph) Mbu to release the suspects and return to them the arms and ammunition found in their possession,” according to the Daily Independent.

“At press time last night, it was not clear whether Mbu had carried out the order or not, but Bipi was said to be to ensure the release of the suspects,” the report said.

•Photo shows Rivers Police Commissioner Joseph Mbu.

Source News Express

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by dareyking(m): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
If u call name nw some peepz will say u APC....I tink the Presidency shuld hands of that state...coz if the presidency is nt invovled no one in this country wuld have the boldness to commit such attorcity....Secondly the IGP is tryin to play innocent by not trnsfering Mbu tryin to claim the Police is nt invovled in politics...The joke is on them....Lastly this Rivers State saga was started by the Presidency during the NGF buh nw they are tryin to play innocent...Watch for Akpabio he us the person digging GEJ feet u guyz wuld say I said so 1 day......#Gbam

27 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Ngwakwe: 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
That should be the first step. The court should order for his arrest before any other move to avoid being seen as remotely controlled by Politicians.

Joyfullyme: Abeg has Bipi been arrested before we would talk of arraignment?
Let us think before we talk.

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by iamtheprincipal: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
That stack illiterate of the President's wife should be arrested urgently for being the master mind of this chaos and anachy in her home state of Rivers...

9 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Demdem(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
All because Bipis backing is from Sheepo.

9 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by khamas19: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
..oga jonathan- the shoeless one, control that

runaway locomotive u call a wife....

is this politics? the whole world is watching...and one dingbat created a thread

calling Jonathan a catalyst for change

14 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Ngwakwe: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
eGuerrilla: The forces of darkness are committed to enthroning a breakdown of law and order in Rivers state.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com

I appreciate your doggedness in backing your comments with references from the media.

However, if you dissect the tune and style of the publication you quoted, it's obvious the reporter has been highly compromised and has taken the burden to understudy, investigate and pass judgement using gossips which is against the ethics of journalism.

29 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by yomalex(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
is this confirmed ?
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Abagworo(m): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
I told you guys on Nairaland that the Presidency were arming youths in Bayelsa and Rivers since last year and people seem not to believe. There is also counter-arming going on right now which means there will be a war in Rivers and Bayelsa State in a few months. Very serious war.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Ngwakwe: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
All Gossips? We need verifiable evidence.

Amaechi also told Nigerians that he is number one in the President's Hit/Assassination List

Abagworo: [s] I told you guys on Nairaland that the Presidency were arming youths in Bayelsa and Rivers since last year and people seem not to believe. There is also counter-arming going on right now which means there will be a war in Rivers and Bayelsa State in a few months. Very serious war. [/s]

7 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I appreciate your doggedness in backing your comments with references from the media.

However, if you dissect the tune and style of the publication you quoted, it's obvious the reporter has been highly compromised and has taken the burden to understudy, investigate and pass judgement using gossips which is against the ethics of journalism.

What ought to be of greater concern here comrade Ngwakwe? The tone of reportage or the seemingly unstoppable foray into a state of lawlessness?

I think this kind of nitpicking is beneath you, no?

Breaking News: Rivers High Court bombed and Set Ablaze

A High Court in Rivers State has been bombed and set ablaze by yet-to-be identified persons.

Ahoada East High Court was bombed and set ablaze this morning.

African Examiner gathered that the High Court was bombed shortly before a case against Hon. Evans Bipi was due to commence.
The case to be heard by Justice Charles Wali is to seek an injunction seeking to restrain Hon. Bipi from parading himself as the speaker of the River State House of Assembly.

Details Soon

Source

12 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by alaoeri: 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
we only know the beginning of a war, nobody can say how the outcome will be just pity the masses because they will be living in fear and as for the polithievescian causing this unrest they will soon meet their waterloo.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by DerideGull(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Those miscreants at the helms of judiciary and journalism in the cesspit called Nigeria should desist from acts of partisanship.

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by drnairalov: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Rip to d dead. incase any
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Gboliwe: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tax payers don suffer!

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by DerideGull(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abagworo: I told you guys on Nairaland that the Presidency were arming youths in Bayelsa and Rivers since last year and people seem not to believe. There is also counter-arming going on right now which means there will be a war in Rivers and Bayelsa State in a few months. Very serious war.

Do not think for one second you had watertight anonymous proof on the Internet. I suggest you shut up your loud mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Ngwakwe: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
You misunderstood me, my earlier comment was that the Court should issue warrant of arrest to get Evans Bipi (or whatever he calls himself) for disobeying subsistent court injunction before any further move,

eGuerrilla:

What ought to be of greater concern here comrade Ngwakwe? The tone of reportage or the seemingly unstoppable foray into a state of lawlessness?

I think this kind of nitpicking is beneath you, no?

Source

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Siga: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
....Chai... Nigeria...
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by myads890(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
This post is a big scam. I and my wife just returned from there and everywhere is peaceful. Stop spreading false rumours or post pics to support your claim

10 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
I blame fashola angry!!

4 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
U dey mind em apc fools,rivers is still one of the most peaceful state in nigeria bomb ko grenade ni
myads890: This post is a big scam. I and my wife just returned from there and everywhere is peaceful. Stop spreading false rumours or post pics to support your claim
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Even in my little mind,i know revolution indirectly will be spearheaded by our elites,then bnooob,it's happening. *smiling as she sips her agogoro*

.....slowly,but surely...
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

APC are Innocent...

I wonder where the Bombers came from?!

9 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Shedysworld(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
What's the problem with this rivers people?
Until the state is declared state of emergency before they rest.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Drsnives(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is cirus oo..baba God abeg help we country o
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by kennyonthrone(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
Registered.Kenny was hia
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by scholes23(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
And so what do people gain by setting a court ablaze? Not that it will stop d presiding judge from passing judgment. Anyway court never finish for 9ja

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by jmoore(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Heard the news few mins ago on 91.7 fm Radio PH.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti Workers Beg Fayose For Lateness (new Photos) / Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Buhari Meets With Obanikoro, Issoufou, Niger President Today In Abuja [photos[

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.