Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion (1659 Views)

Nigerians Living In Spain And Portugal, Please Come In Here / Opinion : 6 Ways Accidents Can Be Reduced In Nigeria / About To Book Royal Air Maroc To Texas Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
Good day people

I am about to try something crazy but I want to know if it's safe.

I am trying to send a laptop home but I want to open the PC and hide some money there. (Not much just a single note of €500).

Some years back, I remember one of my senior do send shoes and hide money & tiny gold chain in it from Ukraine then.

Please how safe is it?
Some are telling me computer scanners will reveal the money, is it true?

Please I need your opinion
Help a brother wink
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by chocolateme(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nnaa leave it oo. These days, in the quest to catch and nail drug traffickers, they would dismantle, uncouple, scatter and rejuvenate the PC.
But u should not try it dear. Its even better to place the money on the carton of the PC. Place a brown paper with the recipient's name and number boldly written on the paper with a marker. Then use transparent Sellotape to run it round across the paper and the carton bt avoid taping the opening part of the package as the can easily open it and check. Just the final recipient will collect the package, tear out the tape across the the written note and the money falls out. Have worked for me only that it's a on a cargo of shoes.
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
NB: I am using express rapid post that will take just 3-5days to get to Nigeria
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by CharlyNick: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
why would you want to take such risk? Do you know the value of that amount in Naira?

Please device another means of doing this
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
CharlyNick:
why would you want to take such risk? Do you know the value of that amount in Naira?

Please device another means of doing this
I have been using other means but as at now, you can't received foreign currency tru Western union anymore and the bank exchange rate is very low compare to black market. Online exchange rate is 217 but in black market, you will get 250-255.

Well I am just trying to play smart and I am aware of the risk that's why I am seeking opinion
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Originalsly: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
I hear you ... your laptop would be a target because of its value and it can be easily resold..... the £500 a bonus to the thief/buyer/technician...whoever first happens to open it for repairs or whatever. I suggest you place the bill between the pages of an old uninteresting novel/religious book.... (not the Bible/Quran..can be easily resold)...stick the two pages together to keep the bill in place. Even if someone fans through the pages they wouldn't notice anything off. Notify the receiver that the bill is between pages 154 and 155 or wherever.It shouldn't cost you that much to send a book registered/insured.

1 Like

Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Sunny4Gold: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
agarawu23:
Good day people

I am about to try something crazy but I want to know if it's safe.

I am trying to send a laptop home but I want to open the PC and hide some money there. (Not much just a single note of €500).

Some years back, I remember one of my senior do send shoes and hide money & tiny gold chain in it from Ukraine then.

Please how safe is it?
Some are telling me computer scanners will reveal the money, is it true?

Please I need your opinion
Help a brother wink
It is not crazy, it is dumb. Why will you do that? You can send money through western union or other means to your family or bank account in Nigeria. I know you are only kidding.
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
Agarawu23 hello, did your method work? Please let me know maybe I can send some books and seal the money inside the pages, I need to send money to Nigeria before Christmas and Western Union rate is too low
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheMoonChild:
Agara wu23 hello, did your method work? Please let me know maybe I can send some books and seal the money inside the pages, I need to send money to Nigeria before Christmas and Western Union rate is too low
my sister, I am damn scared to try it o cheesy

40% told me no problem
60% told me I might lose both laptop & the cash.

I made use of Western union but I was sad with the exchange rate.

A friend told me its better in a book than laptop but I didn't ask him further how to go about it but I will still try my own method with a small cash to test it tho.
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheMoonChild:
Agarawu23 hello, did your method work? Please let me know maybe I can send some books and seal the money inside the pages, I need to send money to Nigeria before Christmas and Western Union rate is too low
Why cant you try WORLD REMIT? With that you can send money directly into d bank account of the beneficiary in Nigeria without stress.

1 Like

Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2015
agarawu23:
my sister, I am damn scared to try it o cheesy

40% told me no problem
60% told me I might lose both laptop & the cash.

I made use of Western union but I was sad with the exchange rate.

A friend told me its better in a book than laptop but I didn't ask him further how to go about it but I will still try my own method with a small cash to test it tho.
oh dear me, what type of frustration is this one now ehn? How am I supposed to send this money? Can you imagine Western Union rate is 193, even if I pluck money from the trees I can't use western union at that rate. I'll be visiting Nigeria in February, worst case scenario I'll wait until then *sigh*
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:

Why cant you try WORLD REMIT? With that you can send money directly into d bank account of the beneficiary in Nigeria without stress.
Thanks I found that through Google search but I've never used it before so I wasn't sure, maybe I'll try it since you recommend it
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheMoonChild:
Thanks I found that through Google search but I've never used it before so I wasn't sure, maybe I'll try it since you recommend it
yes, he is my friend.
He told me about it too so I think the best thing is to open account or use someones account to try it (that's if you have confirmed it).

Western union exchange rate of euro is 209 while the black market is close to 280 just imagine the difference sad

But don't because of that not to send money o
Send them money for xmas o so that they can pray for u wink

1 Like

Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by willy2000(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
agarawu23:
yes, he is my friend.
He told me about it too so I think the best thing is to open account or use someones account to try it (that's if you have confirmed it).

Western union exchange rate of euro is 209 while the black market is close to 280 just imagine the difference sad

Use azimo, it's better than worldremit and western union.
the exchange rate of azimo is 250 compared to worldremit and western union.
The receiver is paid same day you make the transaction.

It's tested and trusted.
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
willy2000:

Use azimo, it's better than worldremit and western union.
the exchange rate of azimo is 250 compared to worldremit and western union.
The receiver is paid same day you make the transaction.

It's tested and trusted.
which one be azimo again?

Is it trusted and how do we go about it?
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
chocolateme:
Nnaa leave it oo. These days, in the quest to catch and nail drug traffickers, they would dismantle, uncouple, scatter and rejuvenate the PC.
But u should not try it dear. Its even better to place the money on the carton of the PC. Place a brown paper with the recipient's name and number boldly written on the paper with a marker. Then use transparent Sellotape to run it round across the paper and the carton bt avoid taping the opening part of the package as the can easily open it and check. Just the final recipient will collect the package, tear out the tape across the the written note and the money falls out. Have worked for me only that it's a on a cargo of shoes.
wow
I never knew you modified your post .

Good suggestion
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by willy2000(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
agarawu23:
which one be azimo again?

Is it trusted and how do we go about it?
Yes it is. That is what i use. use google na
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by sobastical: 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheMoonChild:

Please use world remit, it's fast and safe..talking from experience here

1 Like

Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by agarawu23(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
willy2000:

Yes it is. That is what i use. use google na
OK bro
I will search it.

Thanks wink
Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 13, 2015
sobastical:

Please use world remit, it's fast and safe..talking from experience here
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Come In And Give Me Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2015
agarawu23:
yes, he is my friend.

Lol forget prayers jare, the Universe takes care of our blessings, everything in time. I have decided to wait until I visit next year February, I'll just send Christmas gifts for now. I can't be bothered by Western Union and their low rates, I've made peace with that and moved on. Thanks so much for your help smiley

(1) (Reply)

5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai / I Finally Traveleved Without Paying 75k (nairaland Thanks Giving) / 20 New Coaches Arrive For Nigerian Railways: Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.