Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai (1712 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by MimieJay(f): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
I’ve spent the past weeks having a whale of a time in Dubai. I’ve visited some of the most prominent tourist attractions in Dubai, tasted their strange meals and took a driving ‘stroll’ while observing their traffic rules. But standing on the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa was also on my bucket list.

Like I heard before visiting, not only is this the world’s tallest building, it was said to have broken other several world records.

Below are 5 interesting facts I learned about the famous Burj Khalifa that may as well inspire you to visit the world’s tallest building

1. The height of Burj Khalifa is a stunning 828 meters (2716.5 feet) tall, taking off over Dubai. It’s multiple times as tall as the hyped Eiffel Tower in Paris and about twice as tall as the Empire State Building in New York. Laid start to finish, its pieces extend over a fourth of the path around the globe. This cloud-penetrating stature is absolutely one of the most amazing facts about Burj Khalifa.

2. Burj Khalifa holds seven world records. It is the tallest building in the world, it is the tallest detached and standalone structure on the planet, has the most astounding number of stories on the planet, has the most noteworthy occupied floor on the planet, has the most noteworthy open air perception deck on the planet, has the lift with longest travel distance on the planet, and has the tallest service lift on the planet.

3. It has applaudable sustainability and reuse of resources. 15 million gallons of water is sustainably collected yearly. The water is used for irrigation, agriculture, cooling system and supply of the Dubai fountain.

4. When Burj Khalifa was at its peak of construction, 12 thousand workers worked on the building per day. Four workers reportedly died during the construction.

5. It took six years to complete the structure as excavation began in January 2004 and Burj Khalifa was finally opened in January 2010.

There are a lot of facts surrounding the world’s tallest building. It’s actually a multi-use building that has restaurants, office spaces, a hotel, residential apartments, and most of all, it is a tourist attraction with its observation decks.

Trust me, it’s worth the visit whenever you travel to Dubai.

Asides visiting Burj Khalifa, here I shared Top 10 Interesting Things To Do In Dubai. Do check it out!

Source: Mimiejay.com

1 Like

Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
k
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by tonididdy(m): 10:24pm On May 07, 2020
MimieJay:
I’ve spent the past weeks having a whale of a time in Dubai. I’ve visited some of the most prominent tourist attractions in Dubai, tasted their strange meals and took a driving ‘stroll’ while observing their traffic rules. But standing on the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa was also on my bucket list.

Like I heard before visiting, not only is this the world’s tallest building, it was said to have broken other several world records.

Below are 5 interesting facts I learned about the famous Burj Khalifa that may as well inspire you to visit the world’s tallest building

1. The height of Burj Khalifa is a stunning 828 meters (2716.5 feet) tall, taking off over Dubai. It’s multiple times as tall as the hyped Eiffel Tower in Paris and about twice as tall as the Empire State Building in New York. Laid start to finish, its pieces extend over a fourth of the path around the globe. This cloud-penetrating stature is absolutely one of the most amazing facts about Burj Khalifa.

2. Burj Khalifa holds seven world records. It is the tallest building in the world, it is the tallest detached and standalone structure on the planet, has the most astounding number of stories on the planet, has the most noteworthy occupied floor on the planet, has the most noteworthy open air perception deck on the planet, has the lift with longest travel distance on the planet, and has the tallest service lift on the planet.

3. It has applaudable sustainability and reuse of resources. 15 million gallons of water is sustainably collected yearly. The water is used for irrigation, agriculture, cooling system and supply of the Dubai fountain.

4. When Burj Khalifa was at its peak of construction, 12 thousand workers worked on the building per day. Four workers reportedly died during the construction.

5. It took six years to complete the structure as excavation began in January 2004 and Burj Khalifa was finally opened in January 2010.

There are a lot of facts surrounding the world’s tallest building. It’s actually a multi-use building that has restaurants, office spaces, a hotel, residential apartments, and most of all, it is a tourist attraction with its observation decks.

Trust me, it’s worth the visit whenever you travel to Dubai.

Asides visiting Burj Khalifa, here I shared Top 10 Interesting Things To Do In Dubai. Do check it out!

Source: Mimiejay.com

Hi your topic on how to get UAE residence has been removed. Anywhere else I can read this information?
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by MimieJay(f): 4:04am On May 08, 2020
tonididdy:

Hi your topic on how to get UAE residence has been removed. Anywhere else I can read this information?
I guess it was removed because there's a general thread for it. This is the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a28Rs2QVe8

1 Like

Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by tonididdy(m): 8:11am On May 08, 2020
MimieJay:
I guess it was removed because there's a general thread for it. This is the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a28Rs2QVe8
Tys
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 11, 2020
Hello op I must say I love ur videos and ur energy (vibe). It's real and unedited keep it up.

I have a question since am considering UAE after all this covid wahala

Can someone use a VPN in UAE ...

blogs and article online are saying the opposite

Can I use a VPN in Dubai?
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by MimieJay(f): 4:09pm On May 11, 2020
Akunna25:
Hello op I must say I love ur videos and ur energy (vibe). It's real and unedited keep it up.

I have a question since am considering UAE after all this covid wahala

Can someone use a VPN in UAE ...

blogs and article online are saying the opposite

Can I use a VPN in Dubai?
Yes, you can use a VPN in Dubai. There are quite a number of restrictions when using the internet which can be uncomfortable at times. But VPNs work. For instance, I use VPN at times for video calls and also when I need to access USA NETFLIX movies and it works. ExpressVPN to be precise.
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 11, 2020
Thanks for clearing things up for me but wait o @op I checked some accommodation on dubbizle and d rent was as high as 30000 aed that's 3million plus......for the type of apartments u showed in ur video.....

Like what are d price range for the type you showed in your videos.

Sorry for the many questions but I need to vanish from Nigeria after covid saga....

Dubai looks promising and easy to enter...
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by MimieJay(f): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
Akunna25:
Thanks for clearing things up for me but wait o @op I checked some accommodation on dubbizle and d rent was as high as 30000 aed that's 3million plus......for the type of apartments u showed in ur video.....

Sorry for the many questions but I need to vanish from Nigeria after covid saga....

I've done a lot of videos on Dubai apartments, can you send me the one you are referring to?
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by MimieJay(f): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
Akunna25:

Also, this video might help:

Apartments $20 Can Get You In Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWQQisYMhY
Re: 5 Beautiful Facts I Learned From My Visit To Burj Khalifa, Dubai by meobizy(f): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
It took only six years to build and yet Nigeria's Millennium tower is not twenty percent complete for ten years and counting.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja To Katsina State Through KSTA / My Travel Plans / 10 Things To Know While Visiting Arab Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.